Buona Sera Ristorante
247 Avenida del norte
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Buona Sera Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buonaseraristorante.com/
- Phone: (310) 543-2277x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Only: 7days a week from 5:00pm to 10:00pm
We open for lunch for private parties!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Issac Rivera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off side catering. Including full bar and full kitchen.
- Private Party Facilities: Private or semi-private, per customer request.
1 room up to 50 pers
1 room up to 25 pers
1 room up to 16 pers
- Private Party Contact: Shirley or Issac (310) 543-2277x
- Entertainment: Charles Hays
- Special Events: Once a month we have special Events. Live acoustic music, wine dinners, and many more
A word from Buona Sera Ristorante
Buona Sera Ristorante is located in the Heart of Riviera Village in South Redondo Beach between Catalina Avenue and Palos Verdes Boulevard. Exquisite fine Italian cuisine and great service make a perfect combination at this new Italian restaurant. Our Chef Issac offers quality and sophisticated dining with emphasis on traditional regional Italian dishes. Our staff offers perfection in the service and dining experience. There is a full bar, private room, indoor/outdoor patio and an extensive wine cellar.Continued
Zagat rated 'Excellent' 2004, 05, 07, 09, 10 in the South Bay area.
Zagat rated 'Excellent' 2004, 05, 07, 09, 10 in the South Bay area.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buona Sera Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- If you don't like Pasta theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014If you don't like Pasta the menu is limited. We Found it a bit pricey. The Service was very good.Special Features:
- Unnecessary wait while 6 tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Unnecessary wait while 6 tables are un -bussed. No barman waiters mixing drinks, the restaurant needs more staff and organization. There is potential but service was painfully slow.
- AnomalySportivoVIPDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went for Valentine's Day dinner, and did not have the best experience. Hopefully, it was because of the fixed menu, and the crowd, because usually we find Buena Sera a very good place to eat. This time around, the service was rushed and the servers were not very knowledgeable (new hires, just for the night?). The food was uninspired; not their usual fare. We'll go again, but not on a "special" night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SpecialsJayfromHermosaVIPDined on 2/7/2014Great food and service! Chef comes out and checks on your food! Nice touch! Had the Branzino special and it was perfect! Nice wine selection, very affordable! I've been quite a few times but this time was really good!Special Features:
- Not what it used to beLaFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/11/2013My wife and I have been going to Buona Sera for years and have come to appreciate some of their wonderful dishes, such as the mushroom soup, squid ink risotto, etc. You can imagine our surprise and disappointment when we arrived at the restaurant the other day to find that the chef has changed, and along with him, the menu. They no longer have our favorites. Instead of the delicious mushroom soup, we had an uninspired vegetable soup for $9. Instead of delicious entrees, we have average ones. This will no longer be our go-to spot for authentic Italian. I don't think we'll be returning. With so many Italian restaurants out there, I can confidently say there are better ones out there.
- the saxophone was WAY tooOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/21/2013the saxophone was WAY too noisy. The songs he played was good, but simply WAY TOO LOUD, whcih totally ruined our mood to enjoy the food and to talk to my friend. We barely could hear each other without raising our voices.
- Food was great as was theOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/14/2013Food was great as was the service. Atmosphere enjoyable and very pleasant.Special Features:
- Best Italian in South BayoverpricedVIPDined on 3/22/2013Been here several times. The food is always great and doesn't disappoint. The appetizers were pricey though. Reqeust to sit in the wine cave, it's more romantic and doesn't fill up as fast.Special Features:
- Excellent food, but you mightStanVIPDined on 3/16/2013Excellent food, but you might get neglected if you sit in the back room. We waited a long time for the food and it was brought to the table luke warm.
- Absolutely wonderful ItalianLaFoodLoverVIPDined on 2/15/2013Absolutely wonderful Italian food. Most of the food is made from scratch in house. Note that the main dining room can be quite loud when busy. Our server was very nice and knowledgeable. I am not sure if it was him or the kitchen, but our food came out very slowly.Special Features:
- Excellent and attentive service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013Excellent and attentive service. We both had the pumpkin ravioli and it was fantastic. Nice atmosphere but tables are grouped pretty close so wouldn't call it a place for a romantic dinner especially if larger groups are there. There was a singer there and he was good but loud so hard to hold a conversation while he was playing a set.Special Features:
- Overall experience was disappointinTimSandyDined on 12/24/2012Overall experience was disappointing. The restaurant was loud, the tables were too close so it seemed cramped, the risotto was terrible and the service was just ok.
- My father-in-law thought theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/23/2012My father-in-law thought the steak risotto was the best he had ever had.Special Features:
- Neighborhood italiianJayfromHermosaVIPDined on 11/30/2012Nice filet of sole special. Need a larger selection of pastasSpecial Features:
- A Romantic evening in the VillageDiningWithDocVIPDined on 11/4/2012We were supposed to dine at Buona Sera on Saturday for our anniversary, but we had to shift it to Sunday night. What an unexpected pleasure! It was a perfect, warm evening, so we decided to eat outside. Davide was our waiter. He was excellent. Our food was superb with two great salads. The veal parmegiana special was huge and delicious with a tasty beef ragu over capellini pasta. My wife's salmon special was perfectly prepared. The wine I selected (a barbera s'alba) was perfect with both dishes. To top it off, there was a wonderful crooner, Johnny Recine, who sang his heart out in the style of Frankie and Tony. He played us a special song and gave us a copy of his CD. A wonderful dinner and eveningSpecial Features:
- Waiter Vincent was very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2012Waiter Vincent was very nice. Service was great. Pasta dishes were good, not anything too special, but still good. I had the burrata appetizer and you could tell it wasn't that great in quality for burrata )= I wouldn't recommend the burrata.
- Best Italian restaurant in so bAY!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2012what a lovely evening we had "dining" not just eating. The lasagna bolognese is just delicious, not too heavy with lots of other ingredients just the best ragu ever! it was my husband's birthday and the tiramusu topped off the night beautifully. We have eaten here many time and like wise our son and his wife and love the charm that a privately owned neighborhood restautant brings..thank you one and all, Sheila and Fred FruhlingSpecial Features:
- Loved the prosciutto pizza,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012Loved the prosciutto pizza, the meatball appetizer special and the scampi! Will be back for night out with the girls!
- The food was very good andTMNooneDined on 6/21/2012The food was very good and reasonably priced. However, I think the cocktails were overpriced and they didn't even carry the brand of scotch we wanted. I would go back for the food but would not go back for the cocktails unless it was just for Happy Hour (at the bar only).
- This place is always a greatMisterMDined on 6/16/2012This place is always a great treat. If you're thinking of a dinner party ask for one of the private rooms!Special Features:
- Hit or Miss ServiceAlio007Dined on 6/14/2012I have been to Buona Sera several times and love the food--I am an Italian food snob and it's my favorite Italian restaurant in the South Bay. Service is a question mark however, because it is a smaller, family owned, restaurant and occasionally they are understaffed. I was recently there for dinner and we seemed to get forgotten--it took over an hour for our dinners to come out. We tried to be patient and understanding, but it really put a damper on our evening. Our server was less than apologetic and didn't even offer to comp anything--he actually made some bogus excuses about everything being "freshly-made". The bartender tried to save the day with shots (which was a nice gesture) but really there is no excuse for forgetting a table.Special Features:
- Forr was very good. Overall,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Forr was very good. Overall, a great time had by all.Special Features:
- Rush, rush, rushOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/25/2012We have visited this restaurant several times but never quite experienced it like this. We sat down and before we were even given the specials, our waiter wanted us to order and do it quickly. We hadn't even been there 5 minutes. The waiter came by again a few minutes later, mentioned how full the restaurant was getting and that he needed to take our order NOW. We have never felt so rushed, pushed, and generally unwelcomed in a restaurant. Other waiters were much more polite. I don't know if we will be returning after that experience.
- Could be great - hope they'll changlaneyDined on 5/11/2012Our first time; we were celebrating our daughter graduting from College with Grad degree. It was extremely lengthy waiting for anything, everything. Took a while to get wine, then to give orders for appetizers. We gave app order with dinner orders, because we were waiting soooooo long. I would go again, but would think twice about when and with whom. It was such a fun family event, that we had a good time. Most food was outstanding, my fish was 'fishy'; would not order it again. There were 7 of us, I tried most things. Many portions were quite small for the price. I think they know there aren't good Italian around, and they don't need to serve better, nor portion larger.Special Features:
- The staff was lovely. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2012The staff was lovely. Had a great time and a great dinner. Will definitely be back!
- food and service was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/18/2012food and service was great, wonderful suggestion for food. A loud mouth woman would not shut up and she was so loud she overshadow any other music/ambience in the room.Special Features:
- Best Osso Buco in the worldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/18/2012One of the finest meals we have ever experienced. Staff very attentive and friendly, the Osso Buco is to die for, we will be heading back very soon.Special Features:
- We just returned from ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2012We just returned from Italy and it was like we never left. Great little restaurant! The food was very good, service was quite good as well.Special Features:
- Vincenzo provided great service!JayfromHermosaVIPDined on 1/13/2012Vincenzo provided great service! We both ordered specials which were great! And had a great Nero di Avela!Special Features:
- after 40 minutes of wait weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/7/2012after 40 minutes of wait we did not even get appetizer... customers who got after us got their food. we left without eating.
- Great Night, food mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/6/2012Great atmosphere and location, service was great, food came short and very mediocre, hope they will fix itSpecial Features:
- Let me first say, we loveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2011Let me first say, we love Buona Sera. However, on New Year's Eve, we were not prepared to pay $80 a plate for our, so called, five course meal. For two of us, our total bill came to $221.00 not including tip. That's just too expensive on any night.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/19/2011Overall, Buona Sera is a terrific little Italian bistro in the Riviera Village area of Redondo Beach. I have gone there several times and usually enjoyed it. I was a bit disappointed on my last visit, as there were repeated errors made by our server (wrong cocktail brought, wrong appetizer brought). However, our server promptly corrected the errors and apologized sincerely at the end of the evening. One thing I have realized - don't come here when a big game is on - it is a small restaurant with the bar right there, and the noise from those at the bar cheering on the big college football game last Saturday night meant that our nice romantic dinner for two ended up rather noisy.Special Features:
- Food was amazing. A littlesherbear33VIPDined on 10/27/2011Food was amazing. A little disappointed to have a long-standing reservation and be seated at a high top in the bar area. (Tables there are really too small for dinner.) Bar tender was also waiting on us, which wasn't the best scenario. Was also offered grated cheese for my entree after I had already finished it. Everyone is nice there ... just not very timely on the service side. I'll say again: EXCELLENT FOOD!Special Features:
- The quality of food does notmmmmDined on 10/17/2011The quality of food does not make up for the poor service, noisiness, and small, cramped seating.
- Great food,not so great service...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2011Great food!,,but the staff seemed a bit in a hurry to get us to eat as 3 different waiters asked us if we were ready to order..a bit annoying...the table had to be leveled with a match book..the waiter brought the wrong wine as he did not listen to what I asked for..kind of trying to be cool and look like he knew what I said...but caught it before he opened it..!! The food was really good though..lasagna probably the best I've had...but at the end..call me old fashioned but in a high end resturant I want the bill when I ask for it, not when they want us to leave. Made us feel hurried..good food though!!!! Great food!Special Features:
- good food although it tookOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/8/2011good food although it took almost an hour to get served. We had our toddler with us and deliberately came early but ended up having to wait quite a while for our food.
- Shell game with the billOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/1/2011Despite a 7:15pm reservation, a table wasn't provided until 8:05pm. Like Seinfeld says "Anybody can TAKE a reservation, it's KEEPING the reservation that's the important part". Food was quite good, but it took forever to receive it. Our main courses didn't arrive until 9:15pm. Most could be overlooked, but there were unethical issues with how the restaurant handled our bill. Our waiter had very kindly stated that by way of apology for being so late, they were waiving the cost of our wine, and this was accurately reflected on the bill. We sent it back with the credit card to be charged, but when the bill came back for credit card signature, the owner had slipped some charges BACK onto the bill with no explanation.
- Loved the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2011Food was excellent. Piedmont region, verde lasagna, squid ink risotto and the drinks were nice.Special Features:
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2011LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place! The waiter gave some great recommendations for us and we weren't disappointed. Definitely will be back - can't wait. Thanks.Special Features: