Buon Appetito - New Jersey
Bayonne, NJ 07002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buon Appetito - New Jersey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://buonappetitoitalian.com/
- Phone: 2014360043
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 1:00pm - 7:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 1:00pm - 7:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Stoebling
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer full service on-premise and off-premise catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Reasonably priced menu for all private events.
Our party packages start at $17 per person.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Constenla 2014360043
- Entertainment: Live Music in Thursday and Saturday Night with keyboard player Edward Smith.
- Special Events: Open on Valentines Day, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve
A word from Buon Appetito - New Jersey
Buon Appetito lives up to its name. Chef/Owner Tony Stoebling offers classic Italian with his own twist. Buon Appetito is well know for its fresh seafood dishes, original pasta creations and generous portions. The warm and inviting decor makes Buon Appetito the perfect destination for lunch or an intimate dinner with friends and family. Reasonable priced wine list and full bar. Join us for "Alfresco" dining during the warmer months. Private rooms available for special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buon Appetito - New Jersey reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (6)romantic (5)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- FantasticbowtieollieVIPDined on 7/23/2014I travel for a living so using Open Table is a daily routine for me. I found this restaurant and it was incredible. The food is outstanding both with quality, unique presentation, and quantity. I cannot wait to go back to Bayonne to try a new dish.Special Features:
- Great Gem in Bayonne, NJMCMunozVIPDined on 6/15/2014This Italian gem is Bayonne is Amazing. The food is great and the service is exceptional. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The owner / manager pitches in when the staff is very busy and makes you feel welcome. I have dined her several times and will return. I've used Groupon Vouchers and Discount Vouchers and you are never made to feel that you are not a valued customer. This is a family and friendly oriented restaurant. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Nice spot to eatfathers2Dined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed the food and service. friendly welcoming atmosphere.Small but comfortable. Great Italian food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueNickNackDined on 6/5/2014Food is excellent at this price point, large selection, great service, affordable drink and wine selections, really is nice for neighborhood dining for any occasion.Special Features:
- Food is superb! Serving is huge!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014If you want good food, buon a petito is the place. I would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 44 reviews are from the Buon Appetito - New Jersey reviews archive.
- Good food but a slow kitchenRosemaryDined on 4/29/2014Service was attentive and pleasant. It took 60 minutes for our entrees to arrive on a slow Tuesday evening, and they were out of multiple things. Penne alla vodka was very good as was linguine with white clam sauce. Generous portions and excellent warm bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceflash67Dined on 4/27/2014I was not overly impressed with the service or the food. Their were kids running around the restaurant bumping into other patrons and nothing was done. My family and I were very disappointed with the way the waiters seemed to be rushing us out of the restaurant. I would definitely not go back here again.
- Easter BuffetBillyVIPDined on 4/20/2014Frequent guests at this restaurant, but our first time at Easter. Wonderful selection at the buffet and plenty of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time here for a businessMrBobeVIPDined on 3/24/20143rd time here for a business lunch. Everything was great and I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal SorentoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/11/2014A real waste of cooking, the veal was dry like it had been prepared for the lunch crowed, served with a Marsala sauce that seemed to be thickened with starch, overall all very desapointed
- Seafood BuffetBillyVIPDined on 2/12/2014Food is always great. The staff is always attentive. Going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood BuffetBillyVIPDined on 1/15/2014We have had the regular buffet before. This was our first time at the seafood buffet. FANTASTIC. A few items were available that were not seafood, but the seafood wins, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buon Appetito RestaurantDiddyDined on 12/21/2013An excellent choice for a casual and comfortable dinner at a fine locals friendly Italian dining experience. Very good choice of specials and everyday menu items. Nice selection of wines. They do not skimp on the portions or the quality of their offerings. The staff is outgoing and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedMMatt44Dined on 12/5/2013I have to say prior to this dinner, my only experience w/Buon Appetito was through the deli section next door. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised at how our meal was extremely delicious and more than satisfying portions. I purchased a voucher for 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 glasses wine/beer. Have to say that we thoroughly enjoyed our whole meal and took most of it home...even the appetizers...this is a place where if your NOT a big eater, than you sh/share dishes. Not to leave out the excellent service we received and would recommend Buon Appetito restauant to everyone...it's a delicious surprise.Special Features:
- SangriaBillyVIPDined on 11/22/2013Went on a Friday. Got half price pitchers of Sangria. Great bargain going with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hearty neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2013Great for those who need/want to eat hearty Italian food in Bayonne. Feels family run and the diners are filled with regulars and locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Buon Appetito. I havedoodycakeDined on 8/17/2013I love Buon Appetito. I have been coming here for years! Also, love the fact that they have a deli. Everytime I go there, I always get their Vodka sauce to go. It was my son's birthday and I love the fact that the restaurant could provide a birthday cake to complete my son's birthday party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, staff rudeFineChinaDined on 8/11/2013The food here is always great. I absolutely love it! I do think the staff are a bit rude though, which is such a downer for a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet LunchBillyVIPDined on 7/24/2013We had the place to ourselves at late lunch. Don't know why. All was very good. Food, Service, recommendations. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, very reasonable pricesNickNackDined on 7/20/2013Great place, great food, tremendous selection, daily specials and VERY reasonable prices for the quantity and quality of food. Fully stocked bar, wine list isn't tremendous but there is a varietal for all tastes at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Buon Appetito is our familiesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/19/2013Buon Appetito is our families favorite Italian restaurant in Bayonne. Best food hand's down. We really enjoy the new outdoor seating option too.Special Features:
- Best sangria! They have greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Best sangria! They have great specials like an all you can eat buffet Wednesday nights and 1/2 off Pitchers of sangria on Friday nights! Food is delicious and staff is amazing!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Time, Great Svc.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/21/2013We had a great time at our event. Staff did everything to tend to our needs. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:
- Delish!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Love eating at Buon Appetito....the food is outstanding....the service while can be a bit slow is definitely worth the wait. Try this hidden gem....you will NOT be disappointed!Special Features:
- This was my second visit toBernieVIPDined on 3/15/2013This was my second visit to this restaurant. The food is basic Italian home cooking, not frills, large portions and an excellent value. We look forward to dinning there again.Special Features:
- Liked the food and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Liked the food and friendly atmosphere. Waiter was very pleasant but he could have used some help. Would recommend as an alternative to Carmines in Manhattan.Special Features:
- Many of our group had theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2013Many of our group had the Wednesday buffet--good choices but food was not hot. One patron ordered food and it also was not very hot so suggest food be heated before being placed into sternos!
- very very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013went to have a nice valentine's dinner and got anything but. it took almost 10 minutes just for someone to greet us at the door and then when we finally sat down we were ignored. 2 other groups sat down after us and both had drinks orders taken and recieved drinks before us and were seated for 15 minutes. i would never go back to this restaurant and would not recommend it to anyone
- We enjoy the "family style"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013We enjoy the "family style" menu. The food is delicious in a friendly, upscale neighborhood atmosphere. We have been back several times.Special Features:
- Fresh food and great variety.foodiegirlDined on 1/26/2013Fresh food and great variety. Amazing weekly specials. Will be checking out their buffet and friday night lobste and drink specials soon. A definite recommend to all.Special Features:
- Family-friendly and accomodating!LizJ13VIPDined on 12/22/2012Our friends at Buon Appetito never disappoint. The menu is extensive and each dish prepared with beautiful and delicious sauces and sides, whether they be pasta or vegetables. On this particular trip my fiance asked my parents for permission to propose to me, so there were no complaints about the quality and quanity of the meal from those in attendance!Special Features:
- good service, very attentive,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2012good service, very attentive, waiter Bryan very patient with us..Cant imagine I can find a good rectaurant in Bayonne 1Special Features:
- Not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/25/2012We've been to this restaurant about four times. This time was not a good experience. My husband and I both started the meal with soup. He had cheese tortellini in broth and I had chicken soup. Both soups were delicious. We thought we were off to a good start. Unfortunately the chicken parmesan was unseasoned and a bit tasteless. The lasagna wasn't much better. The sauce was a bit bitter and was also unseasoned. The server was nice but inattentive and slow. No one asked if we were enjoying our food. The host should have more control over the dining room. He seems disinterested. One thing though, the restaurant was crowded due to a group of about 25 people. Maybe the kitchen was overwhelmed. No dessert or coffee, we just wanted to leave.
- Nothing Special, Just OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Although most of our food was good, the diner who ordered the chicken sorrentino was disappointed with it, stating it was greasy and not good at all. She left most uneaten.Special Features:
- I am familiar with the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012I am familiar with the restaurant and must say this meal was disappointing and the service could have been better. There were too many different people serving us. If you made a request of one he might have to ask the other. Everyone seem to do only their job, not the other staff members job. I found it strangeSpecial Features:
- Went here for Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2012Went here for Father's Day with a group of 8 total. Did the buffet for $12.95/person which was a good deal. Food was good with a nice selection although there was no dessert included.Special Features:
- Recently had dinner at BuonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2012Recently had dinner at Buon Appetito and what a gem.....The food was absolutely delicious...starting with the fried calamari....and there marinara sauce one word OUTSTANDING!!! Veal dish was terrific and shrimp parmagiana was terrific! Will definitely be going back to Buon Appetito:)Special Features:
- Delicious home-cooked ItalianMidtownmuncherDined on 3/29/2012Delicious home-cooked Italian food in a friendly ambiance. Large portions at a reasonable price; what more can you ask for?Special Features:
- The food is always outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2012The food is always outstanding as is the service.The Resteraunt is very beautiful and romantic .Special Features:
- Excellent food and reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Excellent food and reasonable prices. We visit frequently and recommend to all.Special Features: