2441 E Coast Hwy
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625Neighborhood:
Corona del Mar
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thebungalowrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9496736585
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tracey Harter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have The English Garden surrounding the stone fireplace. This accomodates parties up to fifty people. We also have The Library which accomodates up to 33 people. The two areas are adjacent to each other and can accomodate 80 people total. The bungalow also will make the entire restaurant available which has a negotiated price.
- Private Party Contact: David Hall 9496736585
- Entertainment: There is no hired entertainment but the bar crowd is full of colorful clientele.
A word from Bungalow
Nestled in the heart of Corona Del Mar lies the Bungalow. This charming Craftsman style restaurant is minutes from the heart of Newport Beach's premier business and shopping center, Fasion Island, yet it feels miles apart. Rich tones, dark woods, and private booths have made The Bungalow a dining favorite for residents and visitors alike, known for serving PRIME steaks, excellent seafood and magnificent martinis. We also feature an award winning wine list and proudly pour over twenty premium wines by the glass and over 220 premium bottled wines from our wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Bungalow - Best Restaurants in Corona del Mar ›
Bungalow reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (37)romantic (29)great for outdoor dining (25)notable wine list (21)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (16)good for groups (14)hot spot (14)late-night find (8)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Ok Place to EatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014I went there for my aniversary with my wife. We were disappointed by the overall atmosphere of the Bungalow. It didn't give us the feeling that we dined any place fun/special. I read a lot of reviews that said the service was great. It was average at best, and the waiter seemed to lack personality. The food was good, and they did provide decent size portions. Pricey for the overall experience. Flemings or Houstons would have been much better places to dine at.
- Romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014Celebrated Husband's birthday. Food was fabulous. We ate in the patio. Beautiful ambiance. Service was attentive . Hostess ensured everything was superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BunkerVIPDined on 10/9/2014Always enjoy food here but FOOD service slow. Not crowed so maybe short on cooks. Waiter good as he always is but food took to long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening outingTcookDined on 10/4/2014yjis is second visit this year, came back based on last visit which was fantastic. This visit good overall with some differences. Server OK did pretty good not like the previous visit which server was great. Good overall mine was excellent my wide ordered same entree but was different not that appetizing as was last visit. She vegetarian but again overall would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakTlv123Dined on 10/3/2014The food here is fantastic. The service wasn't up to par though. I don't know if it was just the waiter that we had but I felt ignored at times. I had to ask another waiter to get me a refill and yet a different waiter again for the check. Our waiter was just not attentive at all and was kind of a bummer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will come againfoodie2Dined on 10/3/2014We each ordered a different dinner selection and all were extremely tasty and delicious. the restaurant is hardly a bungalow. Separate dining areas offer a different dining experience. Moderately high in price but a warm and inviting atmosphere in the dining area. Bar scene is energetic so make sure you ask for the library room if you want quiet ambiance.Special Features:
- Great SpotBcandeeDined on 9/29/2014I came here for my 25th birthday dinner, great service, great food. I'm glad I chose to celebrate here!I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic treatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. They were ready to seat us and gave us a great table by the window. The waiter was attentive and showed up whenever we needed him.Special Features:
- Great StaffFoodIELOVeVIPDined on 9/21/2014We had an 8:30 res on a Sunday & could tell they had wanted to close early - BUT Paul turned all around & was wonderful! Good was a bit salty, but very enjoyable - I will return to see if it is great again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmggoodDined on 9/20/2014Food continues to disappoint , fish and chips were over done bit embarrassing as had out of town guests. Just ok, service is always good bit tight but great location.Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 9/13/2014Once again we had a great meal here. The steaks are superb.Special Features:
- Always phenominalChowHoundVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is our go-to when we're in town, with all of our best friends and top clients. The food and the service, often overlooked elsewhere, are always top shelf. You can feel the passion in what they're doing from the bartenders, servers, and hostesses to all levels of management and even the Valet staff. Kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summertime at BungalowTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014I love this restaurant & my husband loves their Moscow Mule cocktails. In summer you can request seating on the outdoor patio in back. No views, sadly (it's next to the parking) but it has a nice ambience, and they do special Weds night barbecues on the patio. I gave the food only 4 stars because they added salt to my steak - I'd asked for no added salt. Also, the peppercorn sauce was much too salty, and not peppery enough. Their recipe needs a bit of work. But the steak was superb, and they had escolar fish on the menu, which is hard to find.Special Features:
- Loved this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time dining at Bungalow and so we decided to try it based on all of the great reviews. I am very picky about my seafood and so I as able to order my fresh Alaskan salmon exactly the way I wanted it prepared....simply grilled with vegetables on the side. Very fresh and healthy. My husband ordered the NY steak and although it wasn't perfect, the staff went out of their way to make sure he was 100% happy with his meal. The manager also came over to make sure we were happy with our dining experience and I have to say that it exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- The Old NewChestnutDined on 8/30/2014This mainstay restaurant has stayed true to its roots-straight forward, well prepared, traditional American food. Good service and dependable steaks, fish and appetizers make this a great place to visit, revisit and take friends. Never out of fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Filet is yummy. Everything is very good. Nice cozy warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- Corona Del Mar GemCJStavertVIPDined on 8/12/2014First experience here, even though I have heard about it and driven by it for years. Great find. Very good menu and preparation, and excellent service - highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprisepeddyVIPDined on 8/2/2014A local recommended this restaurant, and it was our favorite of summer travels in Newport Beach this summer. Great ambiance, delicious food, excellent service, and reasonably priced for what you get. Everyone in the restaurant looks like they are having a great time. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be a repete performancetgapwooDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service. Dishes were top notch. We had the halibut special and the flatiron Oscar. Both were excellent. The beet appitizerer was great. Loved the bread too.Special Features:
- Best steakCoachDined on 7/17/2014I have been to the Bungalow many times because it is always consistent. The speaks and seafood are always great and the service is excellent. It is a great place to take a special person or a customer. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful EveningislandgirlDined on 7/16/2014I had friends visiting from Los Angeles and we were celebrating his 60th birthday so the restaurant needed to be a very special place. It was perfect. I made the reservation for 7:00 pm and we pulled up to the Valet, went inside and within minutes we were seated. Summer time is so beautiful in Newport Beach that I asked for a table outside. The ambience for outside dining was very unique, fireplace (even though we didn't need it) barbeque and chef set was a nice touch. The waitress came over and took our drink order. My guest didn't realize that the Bungalow was known for their delicious martini's. So we order our drinks, looked over the extensive menu. There was something for everyone. I had the Swordfish which is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeGreatDateSpotVIPDined on 7/14/2014Happy they are now open for lunch! There were four of us and we were very pleased with the food, service, and ambiance. I highly recommend the fish tacos for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and stellar ambienceNiteout23Dined on 7/8/2014The only reason it gets 4 stars is the cocktails were a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceFirsttimerDined on 7/6/2014My first time to visit this establishment. Every one from the hostess to the waitress to the food server were wonderful. The food was excellent. I'm not a seafood eater. I ordered the swordfish and I will definitely do it again.Special Features:
- Great Placelove2eatDined on 7/5/2014One of the finest steakhouses I have been to. Food was delicious. Only disappointment is no crafted non-alcoholic drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodMitchVIPDined on 7/3/2014Old school charm, experienced and knowledgeable servers, nice wine by the glass list, very well prepared food. Hard to go wrong here.Special Features:
- yummyDined on 6/30/2014Excellent, crave-able food. Our server Paul was exceptional.Special Features:
- The following 609 reviews are from the Bungalow reviews archive.
- Good TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014We went for our anniversary and had a great time. Service was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best WaitersOllie22Dined on 6/17/2014The Bungalow is in my top list of local restaurants for all important reasons but I love how professional the wait staff is. They take pride in their craft and they must love their job because of their length of service with the Bungalow. Plus it does not hurt they are easy on the eye and can double for bouncers.Special Features:
- Just perfectDharperVIPDined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day. Got the table requested, service was impeccable, food awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricyThankfulDined on 6/15/2014For the first time, I was not impressed with the food. I also thought the prices were high. My surf and turf cost $98! That would be okay if it were bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still love The BungalowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014We have been here 3 or 4 times before, and came here for my husband's dinner. The service was excellent and the food was great, too. The menu had some items we recognized, and many new ones, which we tried. Flat iron steak with crab, asparagus and a Bearnaise sauce and blackened salmon with goat cheese mashed potatoes, avocado relish and a an extraordinary sauce. Plus a dessert for his birthday!Special Features:
- BEST RESTAURANT IN ORANGE COUNTYLANEYDined on 6/14/2014THE BUNGALOW IS WITH OUT A DOUBT THE BEST RESTAURANT IN ORANGE COUNTY. THE FOOD IS OUTSTANDING AND THE PORTIONS ARE MOST GENEROUS. ABSOLUTELY THE BEST MARTINI BAR IN TOWN! EXPERIENCED WAIT STAFF AND THE SERVICE IS IMPECCABLE. PERFECT FOR A DATE OR A SPECIAL FAMILY OCCASION, QUAINT AND ROMANTIC. JUST LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneboneDined on 6/14/2014Nice back patio setting. Very attentive staff and responsive. Food was pricey but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014We love the Bungalow, it is always a great experience! the Steaks are the best.Special Features:
- Great Dinner at the Bungalow!!GolfgirlVIPDined on 5/23/2014We had dinner on Friday night, very good service, nice wine list and overall a very nice dinner. The grilled artichoke was really good as was the halibut entree. We will definitely be back as it was an enjoyable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rack of LambFinediningtodivesDined on 5/20/2014The Rack of Lamb was not only excellent but plentiful. Usually, you get a small cut, but this was enough for grown men. The potatoes and reduction was some of the best I have every had. Its a great dining atmosphere. Oh, I forgot to mention the salad. The salad was the house and it had two shrimp on top with fresh berries. I was not disappointed by anything related to food. However, it was a little noisier than anticipated and a little challenging to do business.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dinner!FoodSmilesDined on 5/17/2014We were in the area vacationing from Canada and decided to try out Bungalow to celebrate our anniversary. We both left saying to each other that it was one of the best dinners we have ever had. Our entrees were ahi tuna and steak and both did not disappoint. It was a fantastic meal with great wine and a great atmosphere, small but intimate and comfortable. Definitely would recommend to other travelers for a special night out. Locals are lucky to have this gem in their neighborhood. Oh and Bungalow took note of our anniversary celebration from the reservation and gave us a special dessert on the house - nice touch!Special Features:
- Excellent steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014Restaurant was a little quiet for a Wednesday evening but was perfect. Service was outstanding and the steaks (fillets) were cooked to perfection. Outstanding wine list. I eat here every time I make it to town on business.Special Features:
- BirthdayFortuDined on 5/13/2014The service was terrific, our food divine. Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.