2441 E Coast Hwy
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625Neighborhood:
Corona del Mar
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thebungalowrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (949) 673-6585
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tracey Harter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have The English Garden surrounding the stone fireplace. This accomodates parties up to fifty people. We also have The Library which accomodates up to 33 people. The two areas are adjacent to each other and can accomodate 80 people total. The bungalow also will make the entire restaurant available which has a negotiated price.
- Private Party Contact: David Hall 9496736585
- Entertainment: There is no hired entertainment but the bar crowd is full of colorful clientele.
A word from Bungalow
Nestled in the heart of Corona Del Mar lies the Bungalow. This charming Craftsman style restaurant is minutes from the heart of Newport Beach's premier business and shopping center, Fasion Island, yet it feels miles apart. Rich tones, dark woods, and private booths have made The Bungalow a dining favorite for residents and visitors alike, known for serving PRIME steaks, excellent seafood and magnificent martinis. We also feature an award winning wine list and proudly pour over twenty premium wines by the glass and over 220 premium bottled wines from our wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Bungalow - Best Restaurants in Corona del Mar ›
Bungalow reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (40)vibrant bar scene (30)romantic (30)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (18)good for groups (17)hot spot (12)late-night find (5)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- outside dining has some rocks.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Suggest you improve your outside dinning so that no one trips on the rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarilynVIPDined on 11/22/2014The wine list was disappointing. Our first choice was not available. Our second choice was the wrong year. We ended with 2 splits since they did not have that choice available by the bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014One of our favorite restaurancts. Great food, great service, and a great West Coast abience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestCoachDined on 11/15/2014I have been here for business, with my special girl, or just with friends and it is always a pleasure. The service and the food are always excellent. The staff and management always make me feel welcome. I recommend a cocktail at the bar to wind down before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The Bungalow is right on PCH between Begonia and Carnation. It offers consistently good food and a very warm and inviting scene. Great client meal place. Easy to get to and everyone goes away happy. This is also our family's go-to place for weekend dinners and special occasions instead of the usual national steak houses like those in Fashion Island, South Coast and Crystal Cove -- you know who you are -- because the vibe is better. A lot of locals frequent this place because they can walk to it from their homes, so people recognize each other a lot. But it's not some closed-off neighborhood tavern. It is low-key, nicely informal and a good place to be with a small group. Definitely check out the patio downstairs -- it fills up so best to try to reserve it a day or more in advance on busy nights. The wine list is good and often has some interesting items. Wine prices are certainly comparable with the competition. Importantly, the wines are properly stored, handled and served and the servers appear to be familiar with what is on the lists. A brief detour - Servers maybe should not always assume that they can read the table, and perhaps ought to work toward keeping one's pleasant surprise (relief?) as to particular requests better concealed. But that may be chalked up to having seen it all at one time or another, especially in CdM. And I will surely stipulate that I have clients who live within a half-mile of this very establishment who think a 2,000-bottle private cellar stocked with beaujolais is the height of sophistication. Yes, indeed. So there's that. And I'll be back shortly. If you aren't walking over, then use the Valet in the back. Don't even bother with street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakTomCDined on 11/14/2014I have paid more for a New York steak but I don't think I have had better. Drinks and service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be fooled - Bungalow is Not A Steak House!michylobVIPDined on 11/14/2014This was a mediocre dining experience to say the least. Our party ordered the bone in rib eye and it was a disappointing cut of meat. Despite our server being attentive, the restaurant is in need of a revamp in both decor and menu.
- The Bungalow on PCH DeliversjimnanyDined on 11/7/2014The Bungalow restaurant in Corona Del Mar on Pacific Coast Highway at MacArthur Blvd has consistently put out top notch food and outstanding service. The menu is not extensive but hits all the high notes and has something for everyone, with the cautionary note that plates are more adult oriented. The service is near perfect with a well trained staff that moves the meal at whatever pace you want and is never intrusive. The wine menu is, again, not extensive, but adequate. The Bungalow also has a full bar that has been very lively every time we have been there. There is also a separate Bar Menu. I would recommend checking their menu online, including seasonal menu before going. Reservations are also recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceWineAndDineDined on 11/6/2014Went one night with business partners. Was so good, went back the next night with friends. Excellent service. Dane the waiter was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodRickDined on 11/3/2014Been coming for several years on vacation. Never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerkarenbDined on 11/1/2014We made a reservation and they were rigt on. Great menu selection, drinks are a little pricey. About the best steak I've eaten and it was huge. We sat outside on a cold night and it was very comfortable and fun! Have alreaddy reccomended it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bungalow BountywinecountryfoodiesDined on 10/30/2014We were attracted to the Bungalow because of its charming and welcoming environment. Craftsman design is my favorite. However, as seniors, we felt a little out of place in the company of so many "singles" with only one other older couple in the place! I liked the menu. I ordered seafood and my husband ordered the Angus hamburger. My seafood was excellent, but my husband's hamburger was "chewy" at best. Our waiter, Dane, was helpful, attentive and friendly. The wine list was excellent, but over-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great back patioWheel1Dined on 10/22/2014We were visiting Newport from Ohio and were looking for a good steak in a local, non-chain restaurant. We hit it big with the Bungalow. Make sure you opt to sit on the back patio which has a fire place and is much quieter than inside with the bar. My filet was excellent and my wife's scallops were superb. The wine list is relatively short, but has great choices and is not over priced. The service was the best we had had in California on our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok Place to EatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014I went there for my aniversary with my wife. We were disappointed by the overall atmosphere of the Bungalow. It didn't give us the feeling that we dined any place fun/special. I read a lot of reviews that said the service was great. It was average at best, and the waiter seemed to lack personality. The food was good, and they did provide decent size portions. Pricey for the overall experience. Flemings or Houstons would have been much better places to dine at.
- Romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014Celebrated Husband's birthday. Food was fabulous. We ate in the patio. Beautiful ambiance. Service was attentive . Hostess ensured everything was superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BunkerVIPDined on 10/9/2014Always enjoy food here but FOOD service slow. Not crowed so maybe short on cooks. Waiter good as he always is but food took to long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening outingTcookDined on 10/4/2014yjis is second visit this year, came back based on last visit which was fantastic. This visit good overall with some differences. Server OK did pretty good not like the previous visit which server was great. Good overall mine was excellent my wide ordered same entree but was different not that appetizing as was last visit. She vegetarian but again overall would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakTlv123Dined on 10/3/2014The food here is fantastic. The service wasn't up to par though. I don't know if it was just the waiter that we had but I felt ignored at times. I had to ask another waiter to get me a refill and yet a different waiter again for the check. Our waiter was just not attentive at all and was kind of a bummer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will come againfoodie2Dined on 10/3/2014We each ordered a different dinner selection and all were extremely tasty and delicious. the restaurant is hardly a bungalow. Separate dining areas offer a different dining experience. Moderately high in price but a warm and inviting atmosphere in the dining area. Bar scene is energetic so make sure you ask for the library room if you want quiet ambiance.Special Features:
- nice outdoor seatingdiner14VIPDined on 9/30/2014A good location and nice menu. Great for lunch, sitting out side.Special Features:
- Great SpotBcandeeDined on 9/29/2014I came here for my 25th birthday dinner, great service, great food. I'm glad I chose to celebrate here!I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic treatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. They were ready to seat us and gave us a great table by the window. The waiter was attentive and showed up whenever we needed him.Special Features:
- Great StaffFoodIELOVeVIPDined on 9/21/2014We had an 8:30 res on a Sunday & could tell they had wanted to close early - BUT Paul turned all around & was wonderful! Good was a bit salty, but very enjoyable - I will return to see if it is great again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmggoodDined on 9/20/2014Food continues to disappoint , fish and chips were over done bit embarrassing as had out of town guests. Just ok, service is always good bit tight but great location.Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 9/13/2014Once again we had a great meal here. The steaks are superb.Special Features:
- Always phenominalChowHoundVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is our go-to when we're in town, with all of our best friends and top clients. The food and the service, often overlooked elsewhere, are always top shelf. You can feel the passion in what they're doing from the bartenders, servers, and hostesses to all levels of management and even the Valet staff. Kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summertime at BungalowTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014I love this restaurant & my husband loves their Moscow Mule cocktails. In summer you can request seating on the outdoor patio in back. No views, sadly (it's next to the parking) but it has a nice ambience, and they do special Weds night barbecues on the patio. I gave the food only 4 stars because they added salt to my steak - I'd asked for no added salt. Also, the peppercorn sauce was much too salty, and not peppery enough. Their recipe needs a bit of work. But the steak was superb, and they had escolar fish on the menu, which is hard to find.Special Features:
- Loved this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time dining at Bungalow and so we decided to try it based on all of the great reviews. I am very picky about my seafood and so I as able to order my fresh Alaskan salmon exactly the way I wanted it prepared....simply grilled with vegetables on the side. Very fresh and healthy. My husband ordered the NY steak and although it wasn't perfect, the staff went out of their way to make sure he was 100% happy with his meal. The manager also came over to make sure we were happy with our dining experience and I have to say that it exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- where's the customer service ????OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/4/2014one of 3 diners appreciates unsauced "healthy" options, choosing a kebob dish After waiting an extraordinary length of time, our meals came and his was SMOTHERED in a teriyaki type sauce - because we had waited SO LONG, and were unsure if the sauce had been specified on the menu, we did NOT complain - rather, checked the menu at a later time, found NO MENTION of sauce (tho EVERY OTHER menu item had saucing specifics)...called the restaurant to let them know - was given a hard time by the answerer, then told by the manager that it was OUR fault that we did not advise the waiter and wait on a new dish (and, were to do what with ours?) --- then told that I HAD to leave my phone number for the owner....guess whether we ever received a call?
- The Old NewChestnutDined on 8/30/2014This mainstay restaurant has stayed true to its roots-straight forward, well prepared, traditional American food. Good service and dependable steaks, fish and appetizers make this a great place to visit, revisit and take friends. Never out of fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Filet is yummy. Everything is very good. Nice cozy warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- Corona Del Mar GemCJStavertVIPDined on 8/12/2014First experience here, even though I have heard about it and driven by it for years. Great find. Very good menu and preparation, and excellent service - highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprisepeddyVIPDined on 8/2/2014A local recommended this restaurant, and it was our favorite of summer travels in Newport Beach this summer. Great ambiance, delicious food, excellent service, and reasonably priced for what you get. Everyone in the restaurant looks like they are having a great time. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be a repete performancetgapwooDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service. Dishes were top notch. We had the halibut special and the flatiron Oscar. Both were excellent. The beet appitizerer was great. Loved the bread too.Special Features:
- The following 619 reviews are from the Bungalow reviews archive.
- Best steakCoachDined on 7/17/2014I have been to the Bungalow many times because it is always consistent. The speaks and seafood are always great and the service is excellent. It is a great place to take a special person or a customer. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful EveningislandgirlDined on 7/16/2014I had friends visiting from Los Angeles and we were celebrating his 60th birthday so the restaurant needed to be a very special place. It was perfect. I made the reservation for 7:00 pm and we pulled up to the Valet, went inside and within minutes we were seated. Summer time is so beautiful in Newport Beach that I asked for a table outside. The ambience for outside dining was very unique, fireplace (even though we didn't need it) barbeque and chef set was a nice touch. The waitress came over and took our drink order. My guest didn't realize that the Bungalow was known for their delicious martini's. So we order our drinks, looked over the extensive menu. There was something for everyone. I had the Swordfish which is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeGreatDateSpotVIPDined on 7/14/2014Happy they are now open for lunch! There were four of us and we were very pleased with the food, service, and ambiance. I highly recommend the fish tacos for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and stellar ambienceNiteout23Dined on 7/8/2014The only reason it gets 4 stars is the cocktails were a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceFirsttimerDined on 7/6/2014My first time to visit this establishment. Every one from the hostess to the waitress to the food server were wonderful. The food was excellent. I'm not a seafood eater. I ordered the swordfish and I will definitely do it again.Special Features:
- Great Placelove2eatDined on 7/5/2014One of the finest steakhouses I have been to. Food was delicious. Only disappointment is no crafted non-alcoholic drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.