2441 E Coast Hwy
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625Neighborhood:
Corona del Mar
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thebungalowrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9496736585
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tracey Harter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have The English Garden surrounding the stone fireplace. This accomodates parties up to fifty people. We also have The Library which accomodates up to 33 people. The two areas are adjacent to each other and can accomodate 80 people total. The bungalow also will make the entire restaurant available which has a negotiated price.
- Private Party Contact: David Hall 9496736585
- Entertainment: There is no hired entertainment but the bar crowd is full of colorful clientele.
A word from Bungalow
Nestled in the heart of Corona Del Mar lies the Bungalow. This charming Craftsman style restaurant is minutes from the heart of Newport Beach's premier business and shopping center, Fasion Island, yet it feels miles apart. Rich tones, dark woods, and private booths have made The Bungalow a dining favorite for residents and visitors alike, known for serving PRIME steaks, excellent seafood and magnificent martinis. We also feature an award winning wine list and proudly pour over twenty premium wines by the glass and over 220 premium bottled wines from our wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Bungalow - Best Restaurants in Corona del Mar ›
Bungalow reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (45)fit for foodies (36)romantic (32)great for outdoor dining (26)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (15)good for groups (12)great for lunch (12)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The Old NewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014This mainstay restaurant has stayed true to its roots-straight forward, well prepared, traditional American food. Good service and dependable steaks, fish and appetizers make this a great place to visit, revisit and take friends. Never out of fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Filet is yummy. Everything is very good. Nice cozy warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- Corona Del Mar GemCJStavertVIPDined on 8/12/2014First experience here, even though I have heard about it and driven by it for years. Great find. Very good menu and preparation, and excellent service - highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprisepeddyVIPDined on 8/2/2014A local recommended this restaurant, and it was our favorite of summer travels in Newport Beach this summer. Great ambiance, delicious food, excellent service, and reasonably priced for what you get. Everyone in the restaurant looks like they are having a great time. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be a repete performancetgapwooDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service. Dishes were top notch. We had the halibut special and the flatiron Oscar. Both were excellent. The beet appitizerer was great. Loved the bread too.Special Features:
- Best steakCoachDined on 7/17/2014I have been to the Bungalow many times because it is always consistent. The speaks and seafood are always great and the service is excellent. It is a great place to take a special person or a customer. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful EveningislandgirlDined on 7/16/2014I had friends visiting from Los Angeles and we were celebrating his 60th birthday so the restaurant needed to be a very special place. It was perfect. I made the reservation for 7:00 pm and we pulled up to the Valet, went inside and within minutes we were seated. Summer time is so beautiful in Newport Beach that I asked for a table outside. The ambience for outside dining was very unique, fireplace (even though we didn't need it) barbeque and chef set was a nice touch. The waitress came over and took our drink order. My guest didn't realize that the Bungalow was known for their delicious martini's. So we order our drinks, looked over the extensive menu. There was something for everyone. I had the Swordfish which is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeGreatDateSpotVIPDined on 7/14/2014Happy they are now open for lunch! There were four of us and we were very pleased with the food, service, and ambiance. I highly recommend the fish tacos for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and stellar ambienceNiteout23Dined on 7/8/2014The only reason it gets 4 stars is the cocktails were a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceFirsttimerDined on 7/6/2014My first time to visit this establishment. Every one from the hostess to the waitress to the food server were wonderful. The food was excellent. I'm not a seafood eater. I ordered the swordfish and I will definitely do it again.Special Features:
- Great Placelove2eatDined on 7/5/2014One of the finest steakhouses I have been to. Food was delicious. Only disappointment is no crafted non-alcoholic drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodMitchVIPDined on 7/3/2014Old school charm, experienced and knowledgeable servers, nice wine by the glass list, very well prepared food. Hard to go wrong here.Special Features:
- yummyDined on 6/30/2014Excellent, crave-able food. Our server Paul was exceptional.Special Features:
- Good TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014We went for our anniversary and had a great time. Service was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best WaitersOllie22Dined on 6/17/2014The Bungalow is in my top list of local restaurants for all important reasons but I love how professional the wait staff is. They take pride in their craft and they must love their job because of their length of service with the Bungalow. Plus it does not hurt they are easy on the eye and can double for bouncers.Special Features:
- Just perfectDharperVIPDined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day. Got the table requested, service was impeccable, food awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricyThankfulDined on 6/15/2014For the first time, I was not impressed with the food. I also thought the prices were high. My surf and turf cost $98! That would be okay if it were bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still love The BungalowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014We have been here 3 or 4 times before, and came here for my husband's dinner. The service was excellent and the food was great, too. The menu had some items we recognized, and many new ones, which we tried. Flat iron steak with crab, asparagus and a Bearnaise sauce and blackened salmon with goat cheese mashed potatoes, avocado relish and a an extraordinary sauce. Plus a dessert for his birthday!Special Features:
- BEST RESTAURANT IN ORANGE COUNTYLANEYDined on 6/14/2014THE BUNGALOW IS WITH OUT A DOUBT THE BEST RESTAURANT IN ORANGE COUNTY. THE FOOD IS OUTSTANDING AND THE PORTIONS ARE MOST GENEROUS. ABSOLUTELY THE BEST MARTINI BAR IN TOWN! EXPERIENCED WAIT STAFF AND THE SERVICE IS IMPECCABLE. PERFECT FOR A DATE OR A SPECIAL FAMILY OCCASION, QUAINT AND ROMANTIC. JUST LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneboneDined on 6/14/2014Nice back patio setting. Very attentive staff and responsive. Food was pricey but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014We love the Bungalow, it is always a great experience! the Steaks are the best.Special Features:
- Great Dinner at the Bungalow!!GolfgirlVIPDined on 5/23/2014We had dinner on Friday night, very good service, nice wine list and overall a very nice dinner. The grilled artichoke was really good as was the halibut entree. We will definitely be back as it was an enjoyable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rack of LambFinediningtodivesDined on 5/20/2014The Rack of Lamb was not only excellent but plentiful. Usually, you get a small cut, but this was enough for grown men. The potatoes and reduction was some of the best I have every had. Its a great dining atmosphere. Oh, I forgot to mention the salad. The salad was the house and it had two shrimp on top with fresh berries. I was not disappointed by anything related to food. However, it was a little noisier than anticipated and a little challenging to do business.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dinner!FoodSmilesDined on 5/17/2014We were in the area vacationing from Canada and decided to try out Bungalow to celebrate our anniversary. We both left saying to each other that it was one of the best dinners we have ever had. Our entrees were ahi tuna and steak and both did not disappoint. It was a fantastic meal with great wine and a great atmosphere, small but intimate and comfortable. Definitely would recommend to other travelers for a special night out. Locals are lucky to have this gem in their neighborhood. Oh and Bungalow took note of our anniversary celebration from the reservation and gave us a special dessert on the house - nice touch!Special Features:
- Excellent steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014Restaurant was a little quiet for a Wednesday evening but was perfect. Service was outstanding and the steaks (fillets) were cooked to perfection. Outstanding wine list. I eat here every time I make it to town on business.Special Features:
- BirthdayFortuDined on 5/13/2014The service was terrific, our food divine. Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCoachDined on 5/10/2014I took friends from out of town and they said it was the best steak and best service that they had ever had. Always one of my favorites to take friends, customers, and familySpecial Features:
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2014Easy parking with valet. Table was a half circle booth, and set for four people. We had 3 and it was tight. Four would be uncomfortable. It would be a better table for a romantic dinner for 2. The food was very good, I had the sea bass and it was tender and delicious. The others had steak and ahi and their meals were also good. The total with a cocktail and glass of wine, dinner and coffee was $300 with tip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014From the start .the experience was terrible .the hostess sat us on a little table facing the intersection .during the entire dinner , I could barely see my wife face because of the glare and I felt I was sitting in the middle of traffic . We asked the hostess for a both but she said the booth were for bigger parties .when we left 2 Booth were still empty .the food was terrible .fish n chips is easy to make .your is the kind out of a box from Sysco or restaurant depot .my steak was either pre-cooked or reheated. Flat iron is juicy . This was a shoe sole on on top of bland tasteless potatoes .no bearnaise anywhere .$90 for a lousy table , lousy service , horrible food
- Bungalow 3xs the charmsfseminarDined on 5/9/2014Quaint restaurant but bar can be a bit loud. It worth it to wait for a booth. I did not care for the outside venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 591 reviews are from the Bungalow reviews archive.
- Bungalow experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014A very nice evening dining with friends. We were seated on time, server was very attentive, everyone enjoyed their meal. Blackened Samon was excellent, fresh and very flavorful. Always enjoy this venue with great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GmnDiner44Dined on 4/30/2014Perfectly seasoned and prepared steaks and attentive service, lively atmosphere even on Wednesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoCaldream13Dined on 4/30/2014Enjoyed the food and wine. Have always had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice local restaurantMike2Dined on 4/18/2014Good food at reasonable prices with a decent wine list, good service and an interesting clienteleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered the New York steakSerenity09Dined on 4/12/2014I ordered the New York steak and my friend ordered the filet mignon with demi glaze, both of which were exceedingly salty. We have had the same dish and same glaze elsewhere, and these were disappointing.
- FlexibleDharperVIPDined on 4/12/2014Out friends were seated in the bar when we arrived. We requested dinner there as we were at the window and a cool breeze was comming in. It ended up being the perfect decisionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a top notch Steakhouse180jaxVIPDined on 4/2/2014We dine at high end restaruants quite a bit. Wanted to try a quality steakhouse other than a chain like Capital Grille which we get in our hometown of Denver. The Marriott Near Fashion Mall in Newport Beach recomended this. Problem is the desk clerks cant usually afford thus appreciate quality food & service thus we view their recomendations with skeptisicsm. This was a prime example. Lacksidasical unprofessional server & very mediocre food. Nothing else needs to be said. If you like & appreciate fine dinning don't waste a meal here. Some of the other Open Table reviews should have tipped us off.
- Another Excellent DinnergraneyDined on 4/2/2014This is my second review, and I'd just like to say that the place is consistently good. We arrived around 8pm on a brisk Wednesday evening and decided to brave the patio, because it was empty. We sat right next to the fire place, and between that and the heat lamps it was very warm. Certainly one of the more romantic atmosphere's I've ever dined in. Thanks, Bungalow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible unfriendly hospitalityunwelcomedDined on 3/29/2014It was our first time at this restaurant and were very disappointed by their poor customer service from the host/hostess to the waiter, no one greeted us with a smile or a nice welcome. There was no warm and friendly services what so ever in this restaurant. Staff looked unhappy and under stress They totally killed our jolly mood. the extra small tables were too close to each other. The food was delicious but the waiter got almost everything wrong. the salad didnt have tomato, they brought only one of the two side we ordered and since we were rushed to pay and leave, we didn't notice that we were charged for two sides until the next day. There are plenty of great other places in OC with wonderful, warm hospitality. We will not go back. .
- Long time since we've dined here...OhmaDined on 3/26/2014...and we're trying to figure out why. Everything about our date-night meal was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.