145 1st Street
Los Altos, CA 94022Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bumblelosaltos.com/
- Phone: (650) 383-5340
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 8am-8pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9am-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aubree Arndt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: http://www.bumblelosaltos.com/planning-an-event/
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party capacity is 75-100 people depending on the season. Please contact Events directly for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Betsy Allen (650) 397-5702x
- Special Events: http://www.bumblelosaltos.com/event-inquiry/
A word from Bumble
A Farm-to-Fork restaurant in Downtown Los Altos with a kids Playroom attached to the restaurant. Our menu serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner and changes seasonally to make the most of locally sourced, organic ingredients.Continued
Reservations are accepted.
Reservations are accepted.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Bumble - Best Restaurants in Los Altos ›
Bumble reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (25)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (8)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Badly runTerribleVIPDined on 11/16/2014This place could use a new manager. The staff seemed harried, but completely inefficient. The greeter was unfriendly, the waitress messed up our order, the food was so basic as to be almost bad, and the 'playroom' was so inefficient that the line of three parents hardly moved the whole unpleasant hour we were there. Not sure why this place is still in business. Definitely would not recommend to anyone.
- Trade-offsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/14/2014Bumble offers many perks that make parents willingly ignore its shortcomings. The food is generally of high quality, and the service is usually good. The best feature is of course the play room where kids can play and eat while the parents enjoy their meals in the main dining area. The main dining area is, however, poorly ventilated. The front room next to the kitchen gets ridiculously smoky despite the constant door-opening and air blast by the door. The back room is stuffy when it's cold and stifling when it's hot. Take into consideration the over-priced menu, and it's clear why Bumble is not packed all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK for Adults toonotoutallthetimeVIPDined on 11/12/2014I must admit it was with some trepidation that I reserved a table for five adults for lunch here. I had driven by but not eaten. When I arrived, the outdoor seating in front was chock-a-block with kids, some at play in the sand box. We were seated inside at the front window. A very good lunch. Among the five of us were two BLT sandwiches, a Quinoa salad, a Chicken salad and a chicken salad sandwich. All were good. Service attentive and friendly and ambiance nice. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great kid friendly placedinernatorVIPDined on 10/29/2014Most amazing kid friendly restaurant! Atmosphere is really nice in a cozy old house. Food is good not great but will probably return because it is a fun place to bring your children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love BumbleLizinnyDined on 10/19/2014Delicious food and fun environment. Portions are just right and fresh, fresh, fresh. Staff are familiar with good service and follow-up; always good to refill your water without asking. Kid friendly areas in front and back make it a great place to have meaningful conversations with your significant other or lunch date and keep everyone happy. Adult only patio an option too. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veg8tableveg8tableVIPDined on 10/11/2014We overlooked this gem and are happy to have found it. Very kid friendly and they have a special 'adult' quiet area. The menu is seasonally creative, we plan to frequent this charming place. TRY IT !!!Special Features:
- Good Place to go With ChildrenIhungieDined on 10/10/2014Good Food, lots of parents with their kids. If you are going sans little ones, sit on the adult patio that has heaters and blankets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- claire.bear.wildwestgirlDined on 9/26/2014I've been here before and really enjoyed it. This time they put MY MOTHER AND I on a wooden couch with a table that was at about knee height. It was a weirdly romantic table, but that wasn't really a problem. We waited over 5 minutes before anyone came to the table, and some bus boy took our drink order. The waitress that night looked like she was serving about 15 tables, and she all but neglected us. I ordered the pasta special, and it was a pretty boring dish.All of the components themselves were fine, but it was boring. My mom said her burger was very good. I wanted more water, and had to wait about 15 minutes for it and had to remind the waiter twice. I think if you're going to charge $30 for entrees, your service should reflect that.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014They took very good care of my daughter, her 2 year-old, and me. When the 2 year old didn’t like his pasta choice, the server brought him another, for no charge, which he loved. Much appreciated.Special Features:
- Great serviceHappyDined on 9/20/2014Our waiter was friendly and very attentive. I would definitely go back to this super cute place.Special Features:
- DinnerAZtravelingandeatingDined on 9/17/2014I came here for a birthday dinner with friends. The venue is quite charming on the outside and inside as well. There are three seperate seating areas an adult patio, front room seating area, and a back room with a built in fish tank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014The 1st meal was pretty decent. Unfortunately, 2nd visit was very disappointing. The food preparation was TERRIBLE. I stress preparation as the ingredients were fresh and of high-quality. My son's kid pretzel chicken was flavorless and very dry; lamb meatball appetizer was flavorless and bruschetta was hard as rocks; the special dish of gnocchi was a disaster. The texture was so soft and gooey, I almost needed a spoon since the fork couldn't hold them up. The burger was decent though, but the happiness was short lived by the key-lime pie. Safeway bakes better. I hope this was just an off-night and will come again for another try. Los Altos has limited options, so I really want this to work. Love the kid-friendly concept; service was great.Special Features:
- Okay for Dinner but Not GreatChole4Dined on 8/9/2014I've had a much better experience here for brunch. I don't think this place is great for dinner or for large groups (6+) as my recent experience was not great. Several undercooked dishes and the rest were just so-so taste wise. Service was slow even thought the restaurant wasn't overly crowded. They also were out of one of the desserts we ordered and instead of telling us they were out of it, they just informed us they'd be bringing us something else.Special Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the Bumble reviews archive.
- Kid friendly and decent foodLarawinDined on 7/25/2014Hard to find places that cater to kids AND has decent food. Bumble has a great atmosphere where you feel as if you're visiting a friends home and enjoying food while kids are in the backyard playing. But boy do you pay for it. Costly overall, but they can get away with it in Los altos. My only complaint is I made reservations through open table and when we got there, got one of the worst tables. Right at the door where it's busy, right next to kitchen where it's hot and busy, and lots of noise. And I wish the salad portion size was bit bigger. Our server was super friendly and fantastic.Special Features:
- Food way too saltyAllaboutfoodDined on 7/25/2014Service was good but food was way too salty. Good area for kids to pay around but it's additional charge..Special Features:
- Very fun & unique restaurantTina2Dined on 5/15/2014One of my favorite kid friendly restaurants in town!!! Bumble! A very warm, unique & inviting restaurant that serves healthy delicious meals for adults and kids. They even have a supervised cute playroom for children so the parents can sit, relax, & eat! Love coming to this place every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014This is a great restaurant with a great concept - farm to fork and super kid friendly. But the food was just plain not good and majorly overpriced. My daughter's meal was tiny (3 tiny pancakes and fruit for $12)...watever. And I had the most dry breakfast burrito of my life, couldnt even be bothered to eat it. It might be worth another shot for the non-motherz day menu...Special Features:
- Perfect Kid (and Adult) Spotmaven88Dined on 4/6/2014Overall, this place was a hit. If you have kids or even if you're just meeting up with someone who does, you will be a superstar for recommending this place. They are aiming for a clear demographic here and given the number of families on the Peninsula and South Bay, it seems like a sure-fire win. Downtown Los Altos is never going to compete food-wise with places like SF or the hole-in-the-wall eats of San Jose (although Sumika is excellent), but Bumble is a gem.Special Features:
- Service sucked!DinahDined on 3/20/2014Went here for the first time with 3 other moms. One mom requested for extra dressing but never got it. One mom ordered chicken but only her salad came and she was already halfway done with her salad when she got her chicken. We had to catch waiter's attention for him to take our payment. I thought it was crowded inside. They tried to fit too many tables for such a small area. Not an ideal place for bringing a stroller, it won't fit inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for the whole familyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2014Our family tried this restaurant recently and had such a great experience. The concept is quite creative - a whole playroom for kids - and it worked so well for our family. With two small children, we tend to eat out rarely as it's hard to keep the kids occupied and entertained. But both children loved the playroom and didn't even want to leave! The staff there was great, and the room was filled with lots of fun options for the kids. Neither of my children wanted to leave! The food was fantastic. We all loved what we had. We will definitely return and make this a regular place for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have asked for more.HappyCustomerDined on 2/14/2014It was valentines day and I decided to make reservations just in case it was busy, good thing I did!! This place is wonderful with kids, they have a separate room for kids to play and eat their meals. Pretty cool if you want to relax once in a while and not have to rush because your child is getting bored. It's $10 for each half hour and the girls there are really nice. The food was delish! And the setting was so pretty and romantic, I enjoyed every second of it. Thank you Bumble!! I'll be coming back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.