145 1st Street
Los Altos, CA 94022Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bumblelosaltos.com/
- Phone: 6503835340x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 10am-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gustavo Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: http://www.bumblelosaltos.com/planning-an-event/
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party capacity is 75-100 people depending on the season. Please contact Events directly for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Betsy Allen (650) 397-5702x
- Special Events: http://www.bumblelosaltos.com/event-inquiry/
A word from Bumble
A Farm-to-Fork restaurant in Downtown Los Altos with a kids Playroom attached to the restaurant. Our menu serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner and changes seasonally to make the most of locally sourced, organic ingredients.Continued
Reservations are accepted.
Reservations are accepted.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bumble reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014The 1st meal was pretty decent. Unfortunately, 2nd visit was very disappointing. The food preparation was TERRIBLE. I stress preparation as the ingredients were fresh and of high-quality. My son's kid pretzel chicken was flavorless and very dry; lamb meatball appetizer was flavorless and bruschetta was hard as rocks; the special dish of gnocchi was a disaster. The texture was so soft and gooey, I almost needed a spoon since the fork couldn't hold them up. The burger was decent though, but the happiness was short lived by the key-lime pie. Safeway bakes better. I hope this was just an off-night and will come again for another try. Los Altos has limited options, so I really want this to work. Love the kid-friendly concept; service was great.Special Features:
- Okay for Dinner but Not GreatChole4Dined on 8/9/2014I've had a much better experience here for brunch. I don't think this place is great for dinner or for large groups (6+) as my recent experience was not great. Several undercooked dishes and the rest were just so-so taste wise. Service was slow even thought the restaurant wasn't overly crowded. They also were out of one of the desserts we ordered and instead of telling us they were out of it, they just informed us they'd be bringing us something else.Special Features:
- Kid friendly and decent foodLarawinDined on 7/25/2014Hard to find places that cater to kids AND has decent food. Bumble has a great atmosphere where you feel as if you're visiting a friends home and enjoying food while kids are in the backyard playing. But boy do you pay for it. Costly overall, but they can get away with it in Los altos. My only complaint is I made reservations through open table and when we got there, got one of the worst tables. Right at the door where it's busy, right next to kitchen where it's hot and busy, and lots of noise. And I wish the salad portion size was bit bigger. Our server was super friendly and fantastic.Special Features:
- Food way too saltyAllaboutfoodDined on 7/25/2014Service was good but food was way too salty. Good area for kids to pay around but it's additional charge..Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Bumble reviews archive.
- Very fun & unique restaurantTina2Dined on 5/15/2014One of my favorite kid friendly restaurants in town!!! Bumble! A very warm, unique & inviting restaurant that serves healthy delicious meals for adults and kids. They even have a supervised cute playroom for children so the parents can sit, relax, & eat! Love coming to this place every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014This is a great restaurant with a great concept - farm to fork and super kid friendly. But the food was just plain not good and majorly overpriced. My daughter's meal was tiny (3 tiny pancakes and fruit for $12)...watever. And I had the most dry breakfast burrito of my life, couldnt even be bothered to eat it. It might be worth another shot for the non-motherz day menu...Special Features:
- Service sucked!DinahDined on 3/20/2014Went here for the first time with 3 other moms. One mom requested for extra dressing but never got it. One mom ordered chicken but only her salad came and she was already halfway done with her salad when she got her chicken. We had to catch waiter's attention for him to take our payment. I thought it was crowded inside. They tried to fit too many tables for such a small area. Not an ideal place for bringing a stroller, it won't fit inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for the whole familyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2014Our family tried this restaurant recently and had such a great experience. The concept is quite creative - a whole playroom for kids - and it worked so well for our family. With two small children, we tend to eat out rarely as it's hard to keep the kids occupied and entertained. But both children loved the playroom and didn't even want to leave! The staff there was great, and the room was filled with lots of fun options for the kids. Neither of my children wanted to leave! The food was fantastic. We all loved what we had. We will definitely return and make this a regular place for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have asked for more.HappyCustomerDined on 2/14/2014It was valentines day and I decided to make reservations just in case it was busy, good thing I did!! This place is wonderful with kids, they have a separate room for kids to play and eat their meals. Pretty cool if you want to relax once in a while and not have to rush because your child is getting bored. It's $10 for each half hour and the girls there are really nice. The food was delish! And the setting was so pretty and romantic, I enjoyed every second of it. Thank you Bumble!! I'll be coming back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.