Bully's East Restaurant
2401 Camino Del Rio South
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
Prime RibPrice: $30 and under
Bully's East Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bullyseastsd.com/
- Phone: 6192912665
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Luis Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Bully's East entertainment are the 13 TV screens that show all seasonal sporting events throughout the year. Long time supporters of all local San Diego sports teams.
- Cross Street: Texas Street
- Public Transit: Located on Texas Street directly out front of Bully's East there are two bus stops, one heading South up Texas Street and one heading North down towards Qualcomm Way.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There are 61 marked parking spaces and two handicap spaces available for our patrons. In addition to Bully's East parking lot there are two lots located above and below Bully's East that offer parking after 5pm.
A word from Bully's East Restaurant
One of the best restaurants in San Diego, Bully's East Est. 1971 features award winning prime rib, steaks, fresh seafood, ribs, burgers, sandwiches and a kids menu. We are a local restaurant that is known for superior quality, exceptional value and friendly service. Whether it's lunch, brunch or dinner it is sure to be a pleasurable dining experience. When San Diego thinks of prime rib Bully's East is their "1st Choice".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bully's East Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (18)special occasion (17)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)fit for foodies (12)romantic (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Prime ribJeffDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding prime rib. Is actually a sports bar so not very quiet. Good service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- southpaw133Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent! Best Prime Rib out there. Not fancy just great food and great service. I would highly recommend it----only wish it was closer so I could go there more often.Special Features:
- Very Poo ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We have been eating at Bully's for many many years and have never had such poor service as we did this past Saturday night. The food was good as usually, but we basically did not get any service. Our waitress took our order, forgot a salad, forgot a drink, and forgot dessert. She never came to check on us and ask if everything was okay, and never apologized for forgetting so many things! Not exceptible when there are so many other restaurants to visit.Special Features:
- Service Downhillluv2eatDined on 9/6/2014The service was horrible. Had to wait 20 minutes just to place drink order. The tables are small, which is OK, as long as they keep the table cleared. We had finished our bread and appetizers when the dinner plates came. The waitress moved the empty appetizer plates and empty bread basket to make room for the dinner plates and then left, leaving the empty dishes on the table. Unsat in my opinion.
- I will be backJackDined on 8/30/2014Horseradish crusted prime rib was outstanding. Server was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great but the kitchen was backed up and out food took a little longer to come out.Special Features:
- Great for watching sportsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Is a nice bar. Food very expensive. Flavor is ok. Will not come backSpecial Features:
- good foodTable4U2Dined on 8/27/2014Reservations, service, dinner... smooth as pie... and the Mud Pie is to die for! Salmon & Pork ribs were great too! We recommend you try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bully's East a big hitOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/16/2014Our dinner Saturday night at Bully's East was amazing, as always. Jeannie is our usual server and she took outstanding care of us. I had a bun-less Bully Burger with cheddar cheese and bacon. It was fabulous. Jim had the pot roast with a baked potato, and he loved it. All if all, it was a great dining experience. We love Bully's East and will definitely be back many times in the future.Special Features:
- emessessVIPDined on 8/8/2014Be careful where you are seated. If you are opposite the bar on a busy night, you have the backsides of standing patrons to stare at. If you get seated in the back of the room, that is in the easternmost portion of the dining room, you have every waitperson going to and from the kitchen going past your table, along with everyone going to the men's and ladies rooms. And, if you happen to be seated facing east, as I was, you have bright glaring lights from the kitchen to deal with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD PRE-EVENT DININGOldManRiverDined on 8/3/2014Had a good dining experience before the Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers concert at SDSU. Excellent carrot-ginger soup and King Crab legs. Service was good, especially the hostess who answered questions well regarding local transportation. Friendly crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointingSylviaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Bully's used to be such a great value and reliably great food. The last 5 times I have gone, I keep asking myself why I keep trying. It's not good anymore. Very mediocre. I won't be going back.
- Great prices.. Slow serviceWheelerDined on 8/3/2014Food was good. Waitress was great but drink and food orders took a while and didn't seem too busy. Drinks were good. I will try them again for lunch or to watch a game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Customer ServiceGreatDined on 8/1/2014Great Indian dishes to select from. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was quiet an comfy. At one point the owner came to our table and inquired about our dishes as he cleaned off the table. He expressed how he likes to be hands-on in his business and interact with the customers. He was a very humble guy. He even personally made us more naan when my husband expressed that our's was a little crispier than what we are used to. The owner also threw in a special side dish for me made with spinach and Indian cheese. My only complaint would be some of our silverware was a little dirty, but we switched them for some clean ones. Great place to eat and get away from the busy Vegas strip.Special Features:
- StJohn26Dined on 8/1/2014The food was very good--I'm not a beef eater but had a wonderfully cooked piece of salmon. The service was very friendly and we didn't wait long for our food. This restaurant was recommended to me by a bartender in a San Diego Hotel, and it was a good recommendation. I enjoyed this restaurant very much.Special Features:
- Horseradish encrusted prime rib.KMSS77Dined on 7/31/2014We go specifically for the horseradish encrusted prime rib. Someday I'll have to order something else. Or maybe not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- moms 78th bdaymotomastyxDined on 7/26/2014brought my mother and family here for her 78th bday, and had the prime rib....all i can say is perfection, i will be using this restaurant as a date night spot for my wife and i when we have opportunitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak 345SteakmanDined on 7/25/2014I bring my family here every weekend. The steaks are fabulous and that 's the reason I keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu additionsHungryDined on 7/17/2014Bully's is great for steaks and prime rib but this time we opted for sandwiches. The prime rib sandwich was really good! Thinly sliced prime rib with melted cheese. Served with au jus. Yum! Waitress was speedy although one in our group had problems getting her drink from the bar waitress. Marked down for the noise level because I requested a quieter table and we were put in a room that would have been quiet except for the dinner meeting going on in the room next to us. Never disappointed with Bully's food.Special Features:
- Great service and good foodAbcdefDined on 7/11/2014Our waitress was great and loved the prime rib. Assassin bbbb hhhhhb hnnmnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Moderate reviewPadresdelightDined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed our visit but there were a few things that could use improvement. The service was good with the exception of our drink orders. Initially my vodka/water was extremely weak. I couldn't even taste the vodka. She fixed that for me. In between drink orders we waited quite a while and then the return with the drinks took too long. As for the food, mostly it was good. My side salad left a lot to be desired and the veggies were overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great FoodLongtimerDined on 7/9/2014Wonderful food, great service, good ambiance and still limited parking for those that do not get around well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014Server was very nice; however, quality of service was lost on her (and everyone else w/I observation). This place is "known for their prime rib"; however, I make a much better tasting prime rib in my back yard.Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/21/2014Great dinner Saturday night, as always. Jeannie was our server and she knows us as soon as we come in the door. The food was great, service impeccable and we will definitely be dining there again in the near future.Special Features:
- FoodSD124Dined on 6/21/2014The best food in San Diego County...Great service..vary reasonable price....and they have all our favorite beers list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime Rib in Townluv2dineDined on 6/21/2014Always great service, and the prime rib is excellent, we always go for the early bird meal. Everything is prepared fresh and hot, you are never hurried or pressured to purchase anything extra...ie desert, or cocktails.Special Features:
- A mixed reviewnewsmanDined on 6/20/2014Two couples dined here. The server was friendly and competent. Three meals were excellent, the 4th disappointing. My friend ordered what was supposed to be an 18 oz. ribeye, but it was small, thin and over cooked. Appeared to be almost exactly the same size as the 8 oz. prime rib his wife had! He then ordered lava cake for dessert. and he and his wife both said it was dry and stale. The waitress deleted it from the bill. I ordered keoke coffe for dessert and it came room temperature instead of hot. It was sent back to be rewarmed. My lobster and my wife's filet were excellent. I have been coming here about 35 years and this experience was not up to the standards we expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angelalooking4gr8eatsDined on 6/18/2014The food is great! It really needs work on atmoshpere. I kinda don't get the decor, is it sports, western, or just plain old fashion trying to go romantic? It is way too dark inside. Might need to clean better? Maybe that is why it is so dark? Other then how the Ambience portrays...I guess the food makes up for that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 6/15/2014service was slow for not being that busy. food took a long time to get out to us. ordered my food and received two wrong sides, but the sides i did received were still good. i did not send back because the side i did get i still liked. seemed like they were short staffed?Special Features:
- CiddDined on 6/15/2014Bully's seated us at our reservation time on Father's Day, however, their kitchen was so backed up, that we did not even have our appetizers after waiting one and one half hours for them, little less the food we ordered. They did serve us drinks and bread and the waitress was very nice, apologizing about the food wait. I have never had this experience at Bully's. The situation caused the "father" to loose patience and we had to leave.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Took guests from China here to give them the very finest American beef. They loved every ounce of it!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/14/2014Fabulous food as always. The prime rib was to die for! Going back again this Saturday night.Special Features:
- Poor serviceLongtimepatronDined on 6/14/2014Very disappointed with service. Had a bad experience that began with preoccupied Hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BullysBWMTDined on 6/13/2014Loved the prime rib it wasn't hot enough the first time it came out, after I sent it back it was delicious my wife loved the ribsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2014Always a family favorite. Great food and service. You can always count on great prime rib but lots of other choices too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 55th anniversarycliffinsdDined on 6/10/2014Parking is the only real problem because the lot is so small. Need a better sign that says parking on upper south lot next door. Waitress was very pleasant and the food was cooked just as ordered.Special Features:
- Great EatsDineM2014Dined on 6/4/2014We greatly enjoyed the evening and the food. The service was friendly and well versed in the menu selections. Made some good recommendations. Loved the prime rib! We will come again and recommend it to other friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is fresh & tastylocalVIPDined on 5/29/2014Nice place for dinner with good service staff. Enjoyed the tasty Mudd pie!Special Features:
- The following 82 reviews are from the Bully's East Restaurant reviews archive.
- Not greatBrentDined on 5/23/2014Went there for lunch with 6 people. The service was very slow and lots of mistakes. Had to ask for water 4 times. Other tables were having the same problems - lots of mistakes with their orders and slow service. The open face prime rib sandwich was a just a slab of meat on a piece of bread. Nothing else! The prime rib melt was just roast beef in between 2 pieces of bread and a small slice of barely melted cheese. We asked for grilled mushrooms on it and got 3 whole steamed mushrooms on the side. The clam chowder was really cream of potato soup. The fried large shrimp lunch was cooked so long the shrimp were black.
- Unhealthy foodWhatDined on 5/18/2014The server and hostess were lovely, but the food was terrible. It was very greasy . The spinach in the omelet was tough. The coffee was terrible.