15400 Biscayne Blvd.
North Miami, FL 33160Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bulldog-bbq.com/
- Phone: 3059409655
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Monday - Sunday: 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Howard Kleinberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Got a party you want to invite the Bulldog to? Check out our catering menu to add a bite to any event!
- Private Party Contact: Howard Kleinberg 3059409655
A word from Bulldog Barbecue
Located on Biscayne Boulevard in North Miami, Bulldog Barbecue is a no frills barbecue joint boasting treats so tasty your glands will salivate, all cooked up by our celebrity chef/owner Howie "Bulldog" Kleinberg. Acquired during his stint on Top Chef Miami where his bold – to put it nicely – attitude earned him the nickname, the Bulldog namesake stuck, and our restaurant concept was born. Our star Bulldog fell hard for barbecue after spending summers in North Carolina as a pup. He now enhances the down-to-earth fare with a few of the hautey tautey cooking techniques and ingredients he picked up cooking alongside some the nation's best chefs. After the Top Chef competition, Howie set his mind to pursue his culinary dream. In February 2009, just under two years later, we opened our doors and have been smokin' ever since.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bulldog Barbecue reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Quality has droppedmediocreVIPDined on 9/20/2014Quality of the food has dropped since my last visitSpecial Features:
- A TurkeyYourcpaVIPDined on 9/13/2014The smoked turkey was swimming in liquid. it appeared as if it had been on a steam table, a fact denied by the manager. "We heat it in a broth" was his explanation. Unfortunately the Turkey must have stewed in the broth rather than steamed. The process deprived the meat of all of the smoked flavor. Use of the barbecue sauces did not help. Barbeque sauces are vinegar based, not the spicy or sweet usually found in South Florida BBQ restaurants. My dining partner looked for baby back ribs but settled on an acceptable hamburger. Not planning on returning anytime soon.
- The following 35 reviews are from the Bulldog Barbecue reviews archive.
- Solid BBQ in South FloridajimalaiyahVIPDined on 3/27/2014Bulldog BBQ is a solid option in an otherwise fair-to-poor 'cue scene in southeastern Florida. Good job at working in modern techniques and trends into the fare, which gives it a sense of authenticity, homemade-ness and quality. A little disappointed that we didn't try the pulled pork. Out of 5: Ribs: 4 Chicken: 4.25 Brisket: 3 - no discernible smoke ring; properly cut; lacked flavor and authenticity; looked like it had been smoked, chilled and reheated Lemonade: 5 Mac & Cheese: 4 - good; more cheesiness - portion size with the 3&2 for 2 was tiny. Burnt-end beans: 4 - can't complain... didn't see any burnt ends though. Coleslaw: 3 Cornbread: 4 They need a wider variety of sauces. Especially something hot that isn't Sriracha...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with dairy free optionsKaraDined on 3/26/2014We love the pulled pork and brisket. Their crispy pigs in a blanket are dairy free and my daughter loves them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere and service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2014Atmosphere and service was great - however ribs were totally overcooked and were very tough - probaley had been sitting in the bain marie after cooking -sauce that came with the ribs was very good. My father in law thought he was going to lose his false teeth! It is a pity as he is from Germany and specifically picked the Restaurant for the ribs which were anything but falling off the bone. There was a great selection of draft beer and our waitress was smart, switched on and personable. There was also a bus boy from Jamaica who was also very entertaining.Special Features:
- Great barbecue and very goodWanderlustVIPDined on 12/25/2013Great barbecue and very good service. Not much atmosphere. Different beer selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a try!MtlhappyVIPDined on 12/24/2013I discovered this resto on open table and it's definitely worth a try. Everything we ordered was tasty and good (hamburger, brisket, veggie burger etc...). It's a very casual place which is great for kids and large groups. It doesn't have much ambiance but we weren't going for that so it didn't make a difference. Service was good - the waiter went out of his way to make sure everyone was happy. I recommend it and would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great bar b q , got the hamburgerfoodloverVIPDined on 12/23/2013great bar b q , got the hamburger with pulled pork on it and loved it. Others at table got the bar b q brisket and it was so much that they ended up taking it home. Great beer selection as well to go with it.Special Features:
- You've got to try it...you'll enjoyHectorCDined on 12/14/2013We ordered various dishes and every single one was spectacular in taste. Hotdog Their Famous Burger Burger lettuce wraps Every dish was properly prepared; our server was kind and attentive; even other waiters came by to check on us and comment on the heat game we were watching. Everything good you've heard is confirmed...check them out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQBreaDined on 12/1/2013The brisket was delicious and juicy. The seasoning was perfect. Also the BBQ sauce paired so good with the beef. It was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive from NJ!SuzanVIPDined on 11/1/2013After driving 19 hours from NJ , we checked into our hotel , rested a bit then started thinking about dinner. Last time we were in the area we picked up food from bulldog based on the fact it was Top Chef affiliated. Chef Howie didn't disappoint then or now. Loved the creamy Mac and cheese and the pulled pork , both on my sampler platter. BBQ chicken pieces not as large as I expected, but still tasty and moist. S'mores pie for dessert was too sweet for one person in one sitting so I took half home. Looking forward to returning the next time we are in the north Miami area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The photo of the place doesMMMMiaDined on 9/14/2013The photo of the place does not fit how it looks like. This place is a very simple restaurant with a very cold atmosphere. The ribs were dry and it felt like everything we ate were old and re-prepared. We were five people and I took my family there after hearing about it on Public Radio. Four of us got stomach issues afterwards. So no.... I can not recommend this place.
- Awesome Place!valleryDined on 9/14/2013This is a very awesome place, the food was great, the service was even better and we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prices and good burgersHDiazDined on 8/19/2013The beef brisket was not very good -too dry-, but the burgers were excellent. Service very friendly. Very reasonable prices. Casual and informal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTVNewsGuyDined on 7/21/2013we have heard about this place and made a reservation. We went at 7:30 p on a Sunday especially to ty the ribs. Guess what? They ran out of ribs it was down hill from there. Food was cold. Won't go back.
- great food good locationBeverlyDined on 7/20/2013we had a very enjoyable birthday dinner here for my daughter. there were ten of us in the party. The service was very attentive. The food was excellent! I had the half rack of ribs as did other guests, and a couple others had the pulled pork sandwich and a burger. everyone was very happy. I do think, however, the ribs are a bit overpriced - $25 for a full rack is a bit much. overall, I would definitely return and tell others to try it out. my ONLY comment/complaint is the acoustics are horrible and you have to yell to be heard. i'm sure it doesn't help that there's a tin finish on the ceiling (very attractive) .Special Features:
- Good foodPaulSVIPDined on 3/10/2013All the food we had was very good, well spiced well cooked. Not much atmosphere, wooden tables & chairs & alot of screens to watch.Special Features:
- BBQ Fine But Prepare to WaitRegularVIPDined on 2/24/2013The food was fine but the wait time was incredibly long and it was a Sunday afternoon around 3.
- Our experience was quite disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2013Our experience was quite disappointing. We have eaten there many times, and know what it used to be. Now the quality of the food has become very mediocre. We ordered the brisket which used to melt in your mouth, to receive a dried out full of fat meat. The burger that was supposed to be medium, came totally dry. The other dishes were fine, but considering we came for the burgers and brisket, the meal was shot. The manager was amazing, gave us brisket that was better than the first dish, but not the juicy meat we were expecting. My last experience with the burger was so so. I know this can be the best burger place of the area.Special Features:
- Ok place to eat but not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012There were not many BBQ options available in the area so we chose Bulldog to visit. The food came quickly and was pretty standard. Chicken, turkey and brisket. I'd like to go back to try the brisket as it tasted pretty good but was not exceptional. The restaurant is located in a strip mall and the interior was not much to remember. Probably a 6/10 on the food scale.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good. Very casualFlomalVIPDined on 12/25/2012Surprisingly good. Very casual strip mall burger and barbecue, but so good.Special Features:
- I WAS SEARCHING FOR A CASUALmeemsDined on 11/4/2012I WAS SEARCHING FOR A CASUAL PLACE TO EAT CLOSE TO WHERE MY NIECE LIVES ON BISCAYNE BLVD AND FOUND THIS ON-LINE. WE HAD A 3 YEAR OLD WITH FIVE ADULTS. THIS WAS A PERFECT CHOICE. SHE WAS ABLE TO GET UP & MOVE AROUND WITHOUT DISTURBING OTHER DINERS AND THE FOOD WAS GREAT. I HAD A HANGAR STEAK COOKED TO PERFECTION WITH A SALAD THAT WAS HUGE AND EXTREMELY FRESH. I WOULD ESPECIALLY RECOMMEND BULLDOG BARBECUE TO FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN OR ANYONE LOOKING FOR A WELL PRICED, CASUAL MEAL OUT.Special Features:
- When we were the the restaurntOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2012When we were the the restaurnt was fairly empty, however, the service was very slow. The server was unfamiliar with the menu and could not answer any questions about the food. One dish was inedile, and after we sent it back, the server apologozed but we were still charged for it. We won't be back.
- AMAZING BRISKET! Melt inOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/21/2012AMAZING BRISKET! Melt in your mouth goodness like I have never tasted before!!Special Features:
- This was by far the WORSTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012This was by far the WORST bar b que that I have ever tasted. Howie, THAT is not sauce my friend. Cornbread? those to dry corn crumbs you can keep for the birds. Carolina slaw is not bagge cabbage and KRAFT dressing.
- My huband, son and I had wingsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2012My huband, son and I had wings for appetizers. They were excellent but a bit pricey at 10.00 for 9-10 wingettes. Not the drums, just 2-boned part. However, the were very good. I ordered half a chicken, BBQ, and was asked which part? I said leg, thigh, and a breast. He had to ask if they could do that? It was just ok. Husband got the BBQ platter with the st.louis ribs, nice flavor but like jerky. He also ordered Chipotle fries, they came plain. Everything is a la carte, and pricey. My half of Chicken, 2 sides, husbands bbq platter, 2 sides and kids chicken fingers w. ff, 3 drinks of soda and tea. 69.00 Had to flag people dwn to refill drinks, and kitchen kept droppping things. Not to mention staff hovering around the bar for drinks.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Happy to find a good neighborhood treasure with great ribs and burgers.Special Features:
- The food is terrific, andSkinnyLizardDined on 5/9/2012The food is terrific, and no wonder -- Chef Howard was there, supervising and expediting orders.. He was truly hands on and the attentiveness shows in the food and the details. They make a good burger, but the bbq is the reason to go and go back again. It tastes so "well made" -- layers of flavor and smoke. The chicken breast was memorable and so were the sides of fries, cole slaw and bbq beans which were equal parts pulled pork and baked beans. Our waiter was observant and very nice. He saw me dabbing at a spot of bbq sauce and offered to get some club soda, which he brought over in a small juice glass. It was very sweet. Only critcism is that they suggest extras when you're orderinG and its all a la carte. Ran up the bill pretty good!Special Features:
- Good for BarBQ fans and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2012Good for BarBQ fans and service staff was focused and on target. Stripmall location throws you off initially, but the food makes up for it.
- My boyfriend & I drive byOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012My boyfriend & I drive by Bulldog all of the time, I'm so glad that we finally decided to make our reservations & dine...Great experience. Our waitress was so nice & helpful while trying to pick through all of the yummy items on the menu. We started off with the oysters for an appetizer, DELICIOUS!!! I got the BBQ chicken with mac 'n' cheese & my boyfriend got the shrimp & grits. We also got a side of fried pickles. I totally recommend this place, very good. ;) OH, and how could I forget....amazing beer menu! All around great experience, we will be returning.Special Features:
- Disappointing FoodYUMMYTUMMYVIPDined on 1/7/2012A disappointing experience. Pork was stringy and tasted re-heated. Brisket was very good but was served chopped and with no smoke taste. Ribs are OK. Sides of slaw and beans were very good. Corn muffins were dry, cakey and completely forgettable.
- Major DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/29/2011We went to Bulldog last year and were so looking forward to our return visit. Perhaps they no longer use the bbq pit, but this place can not claim that it is a BBQ restaurant. I can make better bbq at home by grilling chicken or ribs and bathing it in good store bought bbq sauce. The waitress was clueless. The experience could not have been more disappointing.
- The chicken wings appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011The chicken wings appetizer were very good. The St Louis Ribs were very good but a tiny portion was included with the barbeque platter and there was more pulled pork and brisket on the platter. The pulled pork and the brisket on the platter were over cooked and kind of dry. The barbecue chicken was under cooked and did not have any barbecue taste as it seemed like it was cooked with a parprika dry rub. The sides were good (sweet potato fries, mac and cheese, cole slaw and burnt end beans but very skimpy.) The monkey in the tunk beer was good.Special Features:
- Not good the beef brisketOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/3/2011Not good the beef brisket was very dry and hard the sandwich was even worse.i will not go back again i drove 45 min to eat dry meat
- Great barbecue, very tasty,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/10/2011Great barbecue, very tasty, generous portions, efficient service.Special Features:
- Burger King FoodLovePink23Dined on 10/23/2011The food was like going to burger king. Not real bbq. Small portions and way overpriced. Service was fair but then again it's a ghost town in there. Never again will I go there. Please do not go here. I really don't know how this guy won top chef. He needs to visit his resturant.
- We have been to Bulldog BBQGriff57VIPDined on 7/23/2011We have been to Bulldog BBQ and Bulldog Burger a bunch food is always really good !!!!Special Features: