2500 Ponce De Leon Blvd.
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bullamiami.com/
- Phone: (305) 441-0107
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm; Brunch: Saturday- Sunday: 12:00- 3:00 pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 pm - 12:00 am, Sunday - Tuesday: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm ; Happy hour: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 7:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Gastro Pub, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Diego Solano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Your next event can feel like you are
in Northern Spain.
- Private Party Contact: Autumn Lorenzo 8669735280
- Cross Street: Andalusia Avenue
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Bulla Gastrobar has a variety of parking options. Metered parking is located around the entire block the restaurant is situated. Several covered parking garage options are available also, including one immediately across the street. Lastly, valet service is also available for both lunch and dinner.
A word from Bulla Gastrobar
We are an establishment that serves high quality Spanish “tapas,” cocktails, and wine in a casual bar-like setting. Our restaurant takes bar food to a whole new level. At Bulla, guests are able to enjoy an array of small dishes, allowing every guest to appreciate each portion while interacting with each other. Our menu is designed to encourage sharing, savouring, socializing and having a good time. Come see for yourself what all the hype is about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bulla Gastrobar - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Bulla Gastrobar reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (70)fit for foodies (66)vibrant bar scene (64)hot spot (56)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (24)special occasion (23)romantic (21)great for brunch (18)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great tapas & riceskissthecookDined on 11/21/2014Great place for after theater. They open late. Youthful vibe. Do make a reservation as they are always packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!apikramenosVIPDined on 11/19/2014This was our second time here and it did not disappoint! The food quality and service are absolutely fantastic and can't recommend this place highly enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2014Everything ok except the fact that the air conditioning was too high.Special Features:
- Perfect ExperienceluvfoodDined on 11/1/2014Starting with the restaurant fulfilling my special request for Ana Maria as our waitress, her excellent recommendations and perfect food, I couldn't have asked for more. This is my second time visiting the restaurant and will definitely will not be my last. Love it!Special Features:
- Great tapasRaulVIPDined on 10/26/2014In the heart of Coral Gables very good Spanish tapas in a nice settingSpecial Features:
- Excellent ChoiceluvfoodDined on 10/26/2014It was a perfect experience from the moment we walked in to Bulla. The hostess Ana Maria accommodated our request to sit at a normal level table due to my mom's disability. Our server Ana was extraordinary. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and patient with our questions. Her suggestions from the menu were all perfect. Will be returning with friends and family this coming Saturday.Special Features:
- THE CROQUETTESKattMitterDined on 10/25/2014The croquettes are amazing.. the pan con tomate even better... the pork skewers OUT OF THIS WORLD. Last but not least , the cochinillo mind blowing.. Service was 8 out of 10 .. ambiance wonderful !Special Features:
- great place to visitjjrpaDined on 10/23/2014outstanding food with great ambience. was pleasantly surprised to have been waited on by an Anglo waitress in a Spanish restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy HangoutOutdoorDinerDined on 10/17/2014Trendy, cool bar scene...with tasty tapas menu. Great for hanging out with friends or date night.Special Features:
- Happy happy two hour!TomMiamiDined on 10/17/2014Happy hour only lasts for 2 hours, so you have to get a jump start and order all the goodies you might consume. Especially a few bottles of wine at half price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningBarmanrrDined on 10/16/2014Let me start by saying that I have spent some time in Spain touring the Rioja region of wines. So I like to think that I know Tapas. And i'm hear to tell you that Bulla Gastrobar does not dissapoint! I have also spent the last 26 years working in the service industry. The restaurant has a very modern look but an upscale casual feel to it. It was very busy so i would definatly recomend getting reservations. We were greeted by our server Anna and she was fantastic! Her service was great, never trying to upsell to much but instead she properly guided us through the menu. And her suggestions were right on! The food was fantastic from the meat and cheese board to the small plates. WE WILL BE BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This would be a fun date placeRandizzle64VIPDined on 10/10/2014I was with my daughter, and while we had a good time and enjoyed the food, the vibe was very couples oriented, whether one or groups. I have never noticed such a vibe before, so I would say going with/as couple(s) is a good idea. We ordered approximately 7 dishes, but tend to overeat. Our favorite had potato chips and cheese amongst the ingredients. Sorry I can't be more helpful without the menu in front of me. :-)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas BarRMRandEGGDined on 10/4/2014A wonderful selection of tapas, all well prepared and flavorful. A smaller selection of main dishes, but equally delicious. The braised short rib were fantastic. The churros for dessert were surprisingly tasty and light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ovear correct on the simple thingsJulieDined on 10/3/2014like spanish omelette and croquetas, but we ordered oxtail and it had to return int as it was uneatable...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was okpleasure2dineVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food over price for the quality and quantity of itSpecial Features:
- Good food ... Good ambience!ToughCriticDined on 9/20/2014We tried about 6 tapas dishes and a salmon main dish and everything was very good. Our waitress was great and my favorite dish was the salmon ... And I am not even a big fan of salmon! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014The bar service was horrible. The food (mediocre) started arriving before the drinks. We had to ask for a manager to get our drinks. Won't be going back, it was very dissapointing, specially for us locals who were bringing friends from West Palm Beach for the first time. It was rather embarrasingSpecial Features:
- WOW it was Amazing!EVMPDined on 9/14/2014Nice area/ambiance, a staff... very helpful and courteous... the food was outrageously good! We did not have a single bad choice. All the food was fresh and piping hot -- which is a HUGE plus for our family. We are definitely coming back... and plan to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseCEEZDined on 9/14/2014Good place to meet with friends and order food to share. Very vibrant. Service great. Upstairs is outdoor.We order the paella and it is good portion for 3 people. Sangria is good but I will prefered stronger,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas restaurantBeanDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at Bulla and we loved it. Food was great, drinks were great and our server Ana, was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TapasAES1Dined on 9/7/2014My fiends and I had a great time at Bulla. The atmosphere was relaxed and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Monicamg07Dined on 9/6/2014Great Miami Spice menu. Service was excellent. Make a reservation in advance because this place gets packed for all the right reasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placebdaysmashDined on 9/6/2014This is our second visit to Bulla Gastrobar, and it was as good as the first time. The food is outstanding, the service is excellent, the ambiance is great. I would recommend the place to anyone. We had dinner with friends, and they also loved it.Special Features:
- A great bite outFranklinLGDined on 9/6/2014This is a classic tapas bar. It reminds me of Bazare out on the Beach. Food is very good, but trust your instincts and avoid "recommendations" for house favorites. Going with what we liked worked well. The two recommendations fell flat and we did not eat them. That said, our server took care of it and we were very happy. Service was top notch, and expect food to come quick. It is a great place for couples to get a date night in! A definite recommend.Special Features:
- JackieBDined on 9/5/2014Ate from the Miami Spice menu. The codfish fritters and the bread pudding were great but the entree chicken was very bland. No seasoning, no salt and the tomato sauce seemed to just sit on top of the chicken rather than blend the flavors together. I had to pack it with salt and pepper for taste.Special Features:
- Perfect NightmspennyhughesDined on 8/31/2014I cannot recommend this restaurant enough! There is a very well crafted tapas menu that mixes old favorites (tortilla espanol, garlic shrimp, gazpacho) with bright new twists (Bulla eggs and ham, tuna tartar, Pintxo-style cumin pork), as well as a short list of larger plates. The roast sucking pig was very creative--yummy, meltingly tender pork "bricks" with crispy tops. I'm all about the wine and I found the Spanish-centric list to be full of well-priced gems, particularly in the Rioja category. Our server, Alejandro, was always there when we needed him and gave us expert advice when we asked about various menu items. Outstanding experience from the start to the finish of a memorable meal.Special Features:
- Good foodIdanisDined on 8/30/2014We wanted to go eat Spanish food and found this restaurant on the list for Miami Spice. We made reservations and were seated right away. The restaurant was a little noisy but it had good ambiance. The server was extremely nice and very attentive. The food was excellent and the portions were very generous. The Miami Spice menu has a lot of choices and they also have a good variety of wines.Special Features:
- Good food bad serviceAnikanDined on 8/29/2014The waiter explained that the tapas concept means dishes will come out as they are prepared, yeah we get it no problem. Well the first two dishes came out within 5 minutes; great. Then we sit there for about 45 mins with no food. The waiter was VERY slow to refill our drinks. Finally the main course comes. At this point we are over this restaurant and just want to leave. I tell him to cancel our last tapa order which he scoffs at. It took another 30 mins to get the dessert and close the tab. Overall the food was great, the server was very knowledgable, the timing of it all was horrific. Their supposed famous Sangria was just okay. I'll give them another chance just because the food was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spanish TapasfwabirthdayDined on 8/25/2014This was an intimate business dinner. We were seated right away. The place was pretty busy fit a Tuesday night but we had no problem with service. The tapas were delicious. We asked the waiter to starts us out with a cheese and meat platter. The selection was great and we tasted some choices that were pretty unique. Dinner of the people we were with had been to Spain and they were also impressed. The croquetas and bacalao were our favorite. The decor was classy. Only complaint but be the seating (no booth just counter height chairs and tables) but that was minor to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and poor serviceAlexanderFLDined on 8/24/2014Overly priced food for the quality and service received. Service was extremely slow. One person in our group got their meal after everyone had already finished and table cleared. Staff didn't seem overly concerned even after we inquired numerous times. Upstairs room was extremely loud and they need sound baffles. Good place to get a drink at Happy Hour and perhaps a couple of tapas - other than that way overrated.Special Features:
- Excellent Spanish TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Drinks were tasty. Had a great time. Thank you BullaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDeniseVIPDined on 8/23/2014Good food, service, and atmosphere. What more do you need?Special Features:
- Delicious and Fun RestaurantEat2liveDined on 8/22/2014The selection of Tapas is terrific. We have tried most menu items and have enjoyed all of them. Great dishes to share. The white sangria goes well with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedLucyDined on 8/21/2014Small plates good. Wine we wanted was out of stock (a Spanish one) with no good alternate-only pricier ones. That was the only disappointment with the evening.Special Features:
- spanish delightFoieGrasVIPDined on 8/17/2014well worth a trip from south beach or wherever. I went for brunch and fell in love with brunch (savory dishes with pancakes for dessert). Sp worth a visit, the service the food, the white sangria...highlights the octopus salad..the octopus was a star, not an after thought , the pintxo murono(spelling) amazing pork dish with a delicious light fresh green sauce. we loved everything and can't wait to revisit!Special Features:
- Loud & deliciousSatdiningDined on 8/16/2014Livelly atmosphere. Food is tasty and seems to be made with authentic ingredients. Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice w/o Miami Spice menurestraDined on 8/10/2014Overall we spent a great time. However their Miami Spice menu is a joke! there is no way to attach to it and already there we have to overpass our budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicoPeraDined on 8/9/2014Fui con mi mujer para la comida y no sabiamos que en los fines de semana el menu solo es de Brunch. lo mejor de todo fue el servico del restaurante nos ofrecieron el menu original de almuerzo ( en este menu hay tapas que querimos comer). Damos un 10 a Yolanda ( camarera )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreamdealbaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Except for the cod fritters everything else was relatively mediocre. Portions are huge, something that youvwill never find on authentic Spanish cuisine. Menu is in imaginative, and food we ordered (chicken and Spanish omelette) were completely insipid. To boot, even the desert was below average. Other than the typical tapa to join a drink I do not tecommend this restaurant.
- One of my favorite in the areaSumatraDined on 8/6/2014I love Bulla. I've had a great experience every time I have been here. The service is always great. The food and drinks are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.