Bull Run Restaurant
215 Great Road
Shirley, MA 01464Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bull Run Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bullrunrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 978 425 4311x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Saturday
-Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm
-Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
-Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
-Dinner: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Isaac Carter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Bull Run Restaurant provides catering with hot or cold items, sandwiches, and a full bar for functions of every kind including business luncheons, weddings, pool parties and more! Ingredients are sourced from local family farms and prepared fresh to order. Visit our website for all our function menus and contact our Function Manager for more info.
- Private Party Facilities: We have 7 separate dining rooms, an outdoor Garden Patio and a Covered Bridge on which we perform many weddings! Our private dining rooms accommodate from 10 people to 300. For photos & descriptions visit our website or contact us for a tour.
- Private Party Contact: Bryan Sawyer 9784254311x
- Entertainment: The famous Bull Run Concert Series features local, national and internationally known acts weekly. Larger national acts perform in our Sawtelle Supper Room seating 300, while emerging performers are showcased in our upstairs Ballroom, seating just 65. Tickets are available online from our website for both venues. Or join us for live music with no cover on Friday and Saturdays in our Tavern, or Trivia every Thursday and Jazz on the Patio from May - September.
- Cross Street: Longley Road
- Public Transit: The closest public transportation is the Shirley train stop, 3 miles from the Bull Run. Taxi service can be arranged from the station at a minimal cost.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: The Bull Run can accommodate up to 200 vehicles in our private lots on either side of the Covered Bridge.
A word from Bull Run Restaurant
The Bull Run Restaurant has been serving the Tired & Thirsty Traveler Since 1740! Join us in the relaxed, "boots off" atmosphere of our pre-Revolutionary Tavern where we use only the finest ingredients sourced from local Central Mass & New England farms. We serve seasonal Lunch, Dinner, Sunday Brunch, Concert, Pizza and Ice Cream menus along with local brews on tap including The People"s Pint. Our legendary Bull Run Concert Series features a diverse lineup of top notch talent each week - everyone from Dr. John, Judy Collins, Paula Poundstone & Los Lobos to Zach Deputy, Paula Cole & Rusted Root. Relax in our authentic Tavern which was the first stop on the Boston to Albany stagecoach route in front of our roaring fireplace in winter, on our outdoor Garden Patio in summer, or take in a show in one of our two Concert venues. And don't forget to visit the legendary Egopantis in our Tap Room. Owned & operated by the Guercio family of Shirley since 1946. Bull Run. Local, Since 1740.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bull Run Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Evening with FriendsEnjoyGoodFoodFriendsDined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed a lovely meal with friends while listening to the piano in the Tap Room. Service was stellar and the entire event was most enjoyable.Special Features:
- DukeDined on 9/27/2014The onion soup is out of this world The prime rib was cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- HistoricBobkatDined on 9/27/2014Tap room is cosy. A revolutionary war tavern. Check out the Egopantis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best places anywhere!BrayBDined on 9/3/2014Stopped by for dinner. The calamari, vegetable ravioli, and sausage ricotta pizza were world class (really)! Great ambiance and a live blues band with the volume set just right. Service was on point (Emily) and the tap list is impressive. If I lived closer, this would be #1 on my list....one real cool place, by not trying to be something it isn't. 5 enthusiastic stars!!!Special Features:
- meeting placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Seven people met around the table to launch a new company, we had a great meal and talked most of the evening. The staff were friendly and we will certainly return for the next meetings !Special Features:
- great beefnewcomerDined on 8/10/2014Had prime rib...outstanding....other had filet and salmon....seemed to like it very muchSpecial Features:
- perfect evening for usourspecialplaceDined on 7/18/2014I don't know if I can come with 50 plus words to describe any and all of our experiences at the Bull Run over the years but I will say what I feel. On and for the special occasions that matter for my wife and I.....the Bull Run Has never disappointed us. It has over the years become "our" special place for our "special" occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2 reviews are from the Bull Run Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great findSparkyDined on 6/26/2014Unique restaurant and menu is updated often with local ingredients. Dinner shows are well known.Special Features:
- Great food, would recommend.TroyDined on 6/22/2014My mom wanted to take me out for my birthday so since I'd never been I chose Bull Run. Driven by several times, always allot of cars in the lot so figured the food was good. I was right. Food and service were great, really interesting old building, only saw the bar/dining area but the place has much more to offer. Will definitely stop in again when hungry and in the area as I often pass by in my travels to and fro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.