Bull & Bear Steakhouse
Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek
14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Bull & Bear Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bullandbearorlando.com/
- Phone: 4075975413
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 6:00pm - 10:00 pm Reservations strongly preferred
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Pereira
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bull & Bear Steakhouse
Located in the beautiful Waldorf Astoria Orlando. A trend-setter, like the legendary New York City original, Bull & Bear Restaurant is the only restaurant in Florida to exclusively feature Prime grade Certified Angus Beef brand meat. Bull & Bear features upscale yet comfortable club-like warmth, personalized table-side preparations, exceptional seafood, signature salads and desserts, and a wine and spirit list from around the world. Our dining room overlooks our legendary golf course and signature swimming pool. Beyond the golf course, the nature preserve and natural flowing Bonnet Creek complete the visual horizon. Early diners will enjoy a beautiful sunset over the landscape. Private Dining Room with seating for up to 40 and Wine Room with seating for 14 available. At the bar, enjoy quality cocktails, high-end spirits and an extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bull & Bear Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
Bull & Bear Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)romantic (69)notable wine list (58)fit for foodies (50)scenic view (37)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014We went to Bull & Bear to celebrate our 25th anniversary. The table location was perfect and the service outstanding. Definitely a perfect choice to celebrate our milestone!Special Features:
- FoodMattersDined on 9/18/2014Priced as a special occasion restaurant (i.e. expensive). Food was luscious and high quality - as you would expect for the price. Service prompt and non-intrusive albeit a bit stiff. Pleasant and comfortable ambiance with the exception of the many guests dressed in shorts and t-shirts. That put a real damper on the special occasion feel. More control by the management of the dress code would make it just about a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Will definately returnLuvtodineDined on 9/14/2014Took my girlfriend there for a romantic evening. We've eaten at Cristners Del Friscos, and love it, but in her words " this was the best steak I've ever had. The Bacon macaroni and cheese was awesome! She had the Wagyu Sirloin (special for the evening) and I had the Delmonico.....perfect! Atmosphere was very quiet, perfect for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great .....BugsiDined on 9/12/2014As this is a top class resturant they should get it right first time ....... I ask for my steak well done when it came it was clearly medium, If you are paying the prices they charge this should have been right . This had to go back to the kitchen and be re cooked . On a better note the service was faultless ....the setting was relaxing and not rushed. The starter and desert (creme brulee) fantastic.Special Features:
- A must!AnaMiklaDined on 9/8/2014Excellent stakehouse. Elegant and cosy at the same time Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantCuracaoDined on 9/7/2014Great location, Fabulous food. Great service. Staff goes the extra mile to satisfy diners. Will be back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Celebrating!MichViewsDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant was perfect for celebrating our anniversary and I would highly recommend it for dinner. The service was superb and food/wine was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything exquisite !!SmilingdinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014We had a couple of Bloody Mary's prior to dinner which had a bit of a kick but not over the edge. My husband had the ceaseR salad which was made table side and I had the lobster bisque. Bisque was great and the the salad---- off the charts! We then had the chateaubriand for 2 which comes with a potato (but done with charm) and their version of bernaise sauce---- absolutely fantastic! For dessert ( and I thought there was no way either of us had room for it) we shared the fruit soup--- which I couldn't give justice in describing it! If you're looking for a great place with attentive service, great food and a group of very professional servers... This is the place!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceMikeDined on 8/30/2014Starting with the menu with wine pairings, pictures of each dish, and description on your own private iPad, this was a great experience. The apps were gourmet in size and presentation, except the cheese plate is sufficient to share. What a great variety. Our table opted for the chatebriand sliced table side cooked a perfect medium rare and nicely seasoned. Our 3 servers took great care of us. Excellent for special occasions.Special Features:
- Disappointed....Tilly2014VIPDined on 8/27/2014We expected an elegant fine dining experience with exceptional food. What we received was an average dining experience with frequent server interaction and less than exceptional food. We had a difficult time continuing our conversation because one of 4 different servers were interrupting us mid sentence. The $65 Delmonico steak was perfection. However, The gluten free muffins that were as hard as a rock and quite inedible. The famous fried chicken had a too salty flavor. The sauce on the salmon overwhelmed the flavor of the fish. The wine list is expensive yet we were told there was only one Riesling available. The martini was served in a dirty glass and had to be redone. That was especially disappointing as it was our first order.Special Features:
- AmazingMal824Dined on 8/24/2014My wife and I went there for our 1 Year Anniversary. It couldn't have been more amazing. We were sat by the big windows facing the pool and golf course which I had also heard was great because you could see the Disney fireworks that went off. Starting off we were greeted by a very nice hostess and were approached by a nice waiter. They have us iPads so we could click in a menu item and see how the chefs prepare their items. Never seen that before it was pretty cool. They brought us a glass of sparkling wine for our Anniversary and then we ordered. My wife got the Fried chicken, which she says is the best she has ever had and I had the Filet 8oz amazing food. Then they made sure we were taken care of by bringing us a free dessert. We love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert with Fireworks anyone?KimAndGreggVIPDined on 8/23/2014Alicia the waitress is incredible. She gives the food a different flavor with her descriptions. We started with the Deviled eggs and LOVED them. My wife and I love any table side service and had the caesar salad next. They have all of the ingredients and stir them together in a wooden bowl. It is a beautiful experience. A table next to us complained that the dressing did not taste like the bottled stuff from back home... no no i am not kidding. For our entree my wife had the fried chicken. It was Wow! I know the tenderloin is supposed to be tender but that is not always the case. The tenderloin that I had is one that need not need a knife. Then we watched the Disney fireworks from our window.Special Features:
- Special NightHumbertoDined on 8/21/2014Excellent Food, Excellent Wine list, but the best part was the service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehbingoVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I dined here while staying at the Waldorf Astoria for a work conference. The service was outstanding. I have food allergies (which we reported upon making the reservation) and the staff was very attentive to all of my needs. The food was good, but not great (especially for what they were charging). We found the general atmosphere snooty and the food underwhelming.
- Best experience in OrlandoKellyDined on 8/16/2014Great food,great service,in a beautiful setting.Bull and Bear always meets our expectations.If you are in Orlando make plans to eat there,you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place OverallColoradoDavidDined on 8/16/2014The Tomahawk steak had great flavor but was a little tough (it is not a filet mignon so it is typically not as tender but it still could have been better) and for $130 ($65 per person and it is a 2 person prices entree) it should be better. It was good but not worth $130. The filet mignons at our table were melt - in - your - mouth tender but not very flavorful. Apps were good. Overall the food was good but I have been to at least 3 or 4 steakhouses that I would rate higher and are priced lower. Excellent service and the Lemon desert is unusually fantastic and I am not a big lemon desert fan - you must try it even if you are not into lemon deserts! Be prepared to pay for the high-end service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014What a fantastic find. Staff was very pleasant and very knowledgeble. Your comfort and satisfaction is their primary goal. Very inventive menu with delectible creations. Well worth the price, this is fine dining without all the typical pretense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father/daughter dinnerFallenAngekDined on 8/10/2014I took my teenage daughter to dinner. It was a great time. The staff were friendly and helpful. They recommended personal favorites. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic dining experienceFabulousVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a group of six celebration birthdays. Could not had better meals or service. Everyone ordered something different and no one was unhappy. Our server Tim was very knowledgable about wines and his team kept everyones water classes filled. Must try specialty dessets (l usually do not eat any sweets but cant pass them up here). Worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasionMM0922Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I recently decided to celebrate our anniversary at Bull & Bear and were pleasantly surprised at what a lovely and romantic restaurant we have here right in our backyard. As a Central Florida resident, I can't wait to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014By far top 5 dining experiences to date. I would have never thought it would be so great staff and food were both superb. I might come to Orlando again just to experience it again ! Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food selectionsBB13Dined on 7/28/2014Very unique experience from the Tomahawk steak and Velvet Glove Shiraz. Then there's the candle made from drippings. Totally cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2014We definately plan on coming back when we are next in the Orlando area. The food is second only to Victoria and Albert's. The atmosphere isn't as stuffy as I thought it would be and the service was top notch.Special Features:
- BuckyBuckyDined on 7/25/2014We have been there many times and it is a wonderful place to eat. The only thing this time is that the service was very slow. It took over 3 hours for to complete our meal. Over 2 hours to receive our entrees.Special Features:
- One of the best at Disney.BentleyDriverDined on 7/24/2014We had the chateau briande for two as well as the Caesar salad for two. Both were excellent. The foyot sauce was fabulous. We had no room for desert. They had a great wine list. My only complaint was the markup on the wine. If you chose a really nice wine you'd spend easily as much as your $150 dinner per person. We chose one of the least expensive, about $65 a bottle and dinner and tip came to over $300 for the two of us. Great on you're on an expense account. Not so great when ,like us, you're retirees. Anyway, a memorable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT..!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014What an excellent time. Tim our waiter was awesome. Perfect time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2014We travel to the Waldorf few times per year and we are used to outstanding service. Our seating was not very prompt and minimal attentiveness from host staff. Lounge area person was friendly. At our table the assistants to the waiter were not around very much and the woman who was part of the crew was very unsure of things. The main waiter was aloof and seemed other tables were more important. The food was outstanding and we enjoyed some nice champagne. Unfortunately, staff rarely poured it, and I was compelled to pour her champagne. Only at that point did the waiter come over. We had better service at peacock alley lobby bar.
- Best in OrlandoBirthdayCelebrationDined on 7/18/2014We eat out a lot and have been to some of the best restaurants in the US and Bull and Bear ranks right there with what many would consider the best and was honestly one of the best meals and experiences we have ever had at a restaurant. From reservations, to service, to ambience, to food quality….all top notch. Great Birthday celebration and we will return more frequently. Yes its pricey, but no more than one would expect for the quality and the quantity of food was plentifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTeresaDined on 7/16/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary. It was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff made the experience!h0llyb0Dined on 7/11/2014The food was amazing and the presentation was great but the staff went above and beyond to make us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!Ncgirl321Dined on 7/10/2014My husband and I went as part of 20th wedding anniversary celebration and it was a night to remember. The food was outstanding and the service amazing. We had the Tomahawk as our entree and that was an experience in itself. We love the Bull & Bear and hope to get back to dine with them as soon as possible.Special Features:
- Fell short on servicetdbc4VIPDined on 7/5/2014We have been going to Bull&Bear Steakhouse since it opened, and have always been impressed with the impeccable service and good food. This last visit was quite a disappointment as far as service is concerned. I would like to contribute that to the fact that it was during the July 4 weekend, however a restaurant of that rank should never fall short on the service. We had a reservation, and were seated after a short wait. The server never introduced the menu to us, nor were we informed of the chef's specials for the day. We did not receive the usual welcome complements from the chef, were never offered bread, have tonal for it. The waiter gave us the IPads with the menus and we were pretty much on our own making the selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- spotDined on 7/5/2014Very disapointed...would have gotten better service at a "Dennys"...seated for over an hour and only had been served our salad and bread, left the restaurant without our main course..Have dined at the Bull and Bear several times previously and had outstanding food and service...this was totally unacceptable for a Waldorf experience.
- 5 Star DiningLovetoeatwellDined on 7/5/2014The service and ambiance are superb, but it's the food that wins it all. Our adult daughter says she got her best meal ever here. We brought a friend 2-3 years ago who is still talking about how good the food was. Those mashed potatoes are too good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best if the BestBJP33480Dined on 7/4/2014Bull and Bear is a great example of hospitality, flawless service and perfectly prepared Beef selections. Creative appetizers and vegetable choices offer something for all guests. Dessert especially the frozen lemon should be mandatory! You truly feel like a VIP from the moment you arrive. Bull and Bear is truly a dining experience, standing ovation for the efforts of the staff and the Waldorf for a great restaurant tradition.Special Features:
- Excellent dining!!!Iheartfood83Dined on 6/29/2014Really enjoyed my dining experience here. Everything was fabulous the food, ambiance, the presentation of the food, everything. The only small problem I had was we waited a long time for our meal, but they did keep us updated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the Bull and BearKimAndGreggVIPDined on 6/27/2014Kim and I took 4 friends for dinner. We had been a few weeks ago and were so impressed by the food, service, staff and fancy GM Manny that we decided to return with more friends. Their menu is on an ipad. click on the dish and a picture pops up along with suggested wine pairings. The wine list is also on the ipad. We love it. As for the food. The escargot w gnocchi is a must have. Caesar salad table side anyone? Wow. The fried chicken is like no other. The dover sole is incredible. Steaks are great of course. May as well have dessert too. We are going back in a few weeks.Special Features:
- Example of great restaurantFabulousVIPDined on 6/27/2014Food and service unbelievable. The chef and management have trainer their staff tp provide memorable meal to guest. Loved our meal and evening.Special Features:
- Amazing!AnnetteVIPDined on 6/21/2014We went for our anniversary dinner while staying at the Waldorf. The service is outstanding and the food is fantastic. The ambience is perfect! Bull and Bear is a can't miss for those looking to enjoy a 4 star fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic serviceMissZ13Dined on 6/14/2014Everyone from the hostess to the wait staff were personable and took the time to note our name and that we were there for our 10th anniversary. Food was amazing, and the surprise dessert for our anniversary was a delight. Thank you for making our anniversary wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.