Bull & Bear Steakhouse
Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek
14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Bull & Bear Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bullandbearorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 597-5413
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 6:00pm - 10:00 pm Reservations strongly preferred
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Pereira
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bull & Bear Steakhouse
Located in the beautiful Waldorf Astoria Orlando. A trend-setter, like the legendary New York City original, Bull & Bear Restaurant is the only restaurant in Florida to exclusively feature Prime grade Certified Angus Beef brand meat. Bull & Bear features upscale yet comfortable club-like warmth, personalized table-side preparations, exceptional seafood, signature salads and desserts, and a wine and spirit list from around the world. Our dining room overlooks our legendary golf course and signature swimming pool. Beyond the golf course, the nature preserve and natural flowing Bonnet Creek complete the visual horizon. Early diners will enjoy a beautiful sunset over the landscape. Private Dining Room with seating for up to 40 and Wine Room with seating for 14 available. At the bar, enjoy quality cocktails, high-end spirits and an extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bull & Bear Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
Bull & Bear Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)romantic (67)notable wine list (54)fit for foodies (49)scenic view (30)good for groups (25)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent for formal business or romanticCBKBDined on 11/20/2014Excellent service all around. Not too formal nor too familiar. Gave us plenty of time to relax without feeling "abandoned" or ignored. Filet was excellent - sauces and sides were at recommendation of the server - both excellent. Desserts were unique - again ours were at the recommendation of the server, who seemed to give an honest opinion, steering us away from those that were not his favorite or were not "specialties" of the house. If we're ever in town again, we would not hesitate to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestBillDined on 11/14/2014This is perhaps the best steak house around. The food is always excellent and the service outstanding. Hidden in the Waldorf, this place is busy, but has always found a way to get us seated for dinner. From start to finish this is a dinning experience you will remember and start planning your next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We went to this restaurant for an anniversary dinner - and it was AMAZING! The service was outstanding & the food was even better...would definitely come back again and again!Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceHardtoimpressDined on 11/9/2014Our waiter (Brian) exceeded our expectations. He was outstanding in everything he did thank you again. We will be back next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bull and Bear Bullseye Choice!gmazingDined on 11/8/2014We made a reservation at Bull and Bear for a business dinner, while on holiday at Disney. The food was delicious, and the service was excellent. We had drinks in the bar before, some people were actually dining there also...If you had a small party that would work on a busy evening. The Bull and Bear is located in the amazing Waldorf Hotel at Bonnet Creek. It is a beautiful restaurant. The food was delicious and the desserts were really amazing. We recommend the Crème Brulee for sure. Also shared the Chateaubriand for two. ..plenty of food and well done. We will certainly return!Special Features:
- Top of the LinerhodaVIPDined on 11/8/2014Celebrated our anniversary at this wonderful steak house. What an elegant and delicious restaurant. Exceptional Caesar salad made table side. Had the tomahawk steak for two delish and very large. saw someone get the lobster tail it looked fab. Shrimp cocktail size of a lobster. Great dinnerSpecial Features:
- just wowsteakfanDined on 11/7/2014I took my wife to bull and bear at the recommendation of a review on orlando steakhouses. let me just say; it in no way disappointed. The food was perfection, the service incredible, and the wine & scotch list was divine. it is pricey, but that goes without saying. if you have to ask, you can't afford it. If you are looking for an amazing experience for you and your loved one in the kissimmee area, this is it. also, valet parking is free for restaurant attendees.Special Features:
- InconsistentJulieDined on 11/6/2014The food was inconsistent...some items were delicious (corn soup) others mediocre (lamb). The service was not to the level you would expect from this type of restaurant. We had 4 waiters and noticed some tables getting all their attention, and others minimal (us). We were celebrating our anniversary and the staff did nothing to make it special. Expectations are going to be high when paying a few hundred dollars for dinner and Bull and Bear has inconsistent service and food and is not very special in any respect.
- My favorite restaurantIrkamarieDined on 11/3/2014Outstanding service, food is exquisite, great atmosphere. It's perfect.. I'll definitely recommend this restaurant to family and friends..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite SteakhouseMichViewsVIPDined on 11/1/2014Everything was perfect. I love this place! Our waiter was the best! He was friendly, informed, and prompt. We all thought the food was spectacular.Special Features:
- Excellentsofull10Dined on 10/31/2014Arrived to a splendid arena for food. At one point closed my eyes and wa unable to tell whether we were at the old Le Bec Fin or Charlie Trotter for comparison. From the hairloom tomato or wedge salad to the chateaubrian(sp) with wilted spinach followed by the lemon it was all wonderful. The attentive service was greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Orlando!BESTDined on 10/29/2014Everything you could ask for in a classy restaurant Bull & Bear is. Just Amazing will recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- Perfect evening!love2dineDined on 10/27/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary. Everyone was very attentive and we had excellent service. The wine list and the food were absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!HerreraDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant is the best restaurant in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Night tradition!AndyVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was our 4th Visit and its now become our last night tradition as we leave Orlando for the UK. WE have a vacation home here in Orlando. As always the service was outstanding, the food out of this world and we were looked after impecably by the team as we have become a bit of a regular. We will be back in February, thank you so much for looking after Charlotte & I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrancineVIPDined on 10/16/2014Dining delight! We frequently travel 2 hours to dine here. Food is always excellent, the presentation to the taste. Steaks are the best. Service is wonderful especially Captain Tim P. who always makes it a special dining experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!brunch4meDined on 10/16/2014Incredible dinner! Family started with the tableside Caesar salad, and tuna appetizer w/sea salt sorbet; both were delish. We then had the Chilean sea bass, fried chicken, and tomahawk chop. All three were outstanding! For dessert we had the flaming creme brulee, The Lemon, the cheese platter, and the chocolate cigar -- which our son loved. Great donning experience. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014What an absolute gem. The second week of our two week stay in Orlando was spent at the Waldorf Astoria and eating here was one of our "must dos". We ate here twice in the end as it was so so good. We had the filet mignon on both nights and it was out of this world. The taste and texture were divine - never had steak like it. We had the Bull and Bear Fries too which were totally yummy and the walnut and fig bread was gorgeous. Service was amazing - everyone very friendly and professional. Highly recommend this outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daughters engagementRDM1Dined on 10/4/2014Special night with daughter and future husband. Good pacing no rush and comfy couch table. Steaks cooked to perfection, sides all excellent...mushrooms,mashed, asparagus. Champagne chocolate bar and sitting by fire pit the perfect end to a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!HonestelVIPDined on 10/3/2014We were expecting a regular high-end steak place, but this is much more than that. The food was outstanding, the menu was inspired, everything came out looking beautiful, and the service, although a little too ambitious re trying to place our order, was also outstanding. We will definitely return the next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.Charss27Dined on 10/2/2014The food was phenomenal, the wine was fantastic, and the serving staff was attentive and had personality. The menu was a gear balance of traditional and innovative, and while B&B is known for their steak, there were lots of other options too. Like that Mac n cheese with applewood smoked bacon on it. Whoa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSouthportChrisDined on 9/28/2014The food was lovely and the staff very informative on where the food was sourced. The menu on an ipad was unique and was very helpful as you could view your choice rather than just reading about it. We did find the restaurant a bit dark, it was romantic, but felt the lighting could be a touch brighter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Can't MissSteveDined on 9/28/2014Every time that we come to Florida, we always visit the Bull and Bear Steakhouse at the Waldorf. The Caesar Salad was excellent and the Chateau Briand was cooked to perfection. It is a great restaurant to visit for a special occasion. We will definitely be coming back on our next vacation to Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy!CristabelDined on 9/25/2014Great time at Bull and Bear! Would have liked the crème brulet without chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!LemdpogiVIPDined on 9/24/2014we had a great time at Bull and Bear! The servers were so attentive and the food was so delicious! We love the Maine Lobster Salad and the Tomahawk steak! They even gave us a free creme brulee since they knew it was our first time and celebrating our anniversary in there! Such a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite EveningGregDined on 9/22/2014We had a wonderful experience there. The food is a bit pricey however worth it. Also, the Captain was exemplary along with the service in general.Special Features:
- Excellent CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014We went to Bull & Bear to celebrate our 25th anniversary. The table location was perfect and the service outstanding. Definitely a perfect choice to celebrate our milestone!Special Features:
- FoodMattersDined on 9/18/2014Priced as a special occasion restaurant (i.e. expensive). Food was luscious and high quality - as you would expect for the price. Service prompt and non-intrusive albeit a bit stiff. Pleasant and comfortable ambiance with the exception of the many guests dressed in shorts and t-shirts. That put a real damper on the special occasion feel. More control by the management of the dress code would make it just about a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Will definately returnLuvtodineDined on 9/14/2014Took my girlfriend there for a romantic evening. We've eaten at Cristners Del Friscos, and love it, but in her words " this was the best steak I've ever had. The Bacon macaroni and cheese was awesome! She had the Wagyu Sirloin (special for the evening) and I had the Delmonico.....perfect! Atmosphere was very quiet, perfect for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great .....BugsiDined on 9/12/2014As this is a top class resturant they should get it right first time ....... I ask for my steak well done when it came it was clearly medium, If you are paying the prices they charge this should have been right . This had to go back to the kitchen and be re cooked . On a better note the service was faultless ....the setting was relaxing and not rushed. The starter and desert (creme brulee) fantastic.Special Features:
- A must!AnaMiklaDined on 9/8/2014Excellent stakehouse. Elegant and cosy at the same time Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantCuracaoDined on 9/7/2014Great location, Fabulous food. Great service. Staff goes the extra mile to satisfy diners. Will be back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Celebrating!MichViewsVIPDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant was perfect for celebrating our anniversary and I would highly recommend it for dinner. The service was superb and food/wine was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything exquisite !!SmilingdinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014We had a couple of Bloody Mary's prior to dinner which had a bit of a kick but not over the edge. My husband had the ceaseR salad which was made table side and I had the lobster bisque. Bisque was great and the the salad---- off the charts! We then had the chateaubriand for 2 which comes with a potato (but done with charm) and their version of bernaise sauce---- absolutely fantastic! For dessert ( and I thought there was no way either of us had room for it) we shared the fruit soup--- which I couldn't give justice in describing it! If you're looking for a great place with attentive service, great food and a group of very professional servers... This is the place!Special Features:
- Worth it!OpenTableDinerDined on 9/1/2014We were looking for a steakhouse while we were vacationing in Orlando and this restaurant wasn't far from where we were staying. It's located in the Waldorf Astoria and free valet parking is included. From the moment we entered, the service was impeccable. Our server was warm and engaging, making us feel right at home. My wife started with the Escargot & Gnocchi and ordered the NY Sirloin. I had the Filet Mignon and we both agreed the food was outstanding! Save this restaurant for your special occasions as you'll pay dearly for the experience but it's worth every cent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceMikeDined on 8/30/2014Starting with the menu with wine pairings, pictures of each dish, and description on your own private iPad, this was a great experience. The apps were gourmet in size and presentation, except the cheese plate is sufficient to share. What a great variety. Our table opted for the chatebriand sliced table side cooked a perfect medium rare and nicely seasoned. Our 3 servers took great care of us. Excellent for special occasions.Special Features:
- Disappointed....Tilly2014VIPDined on 8/27/2014We expected an elegant fine dining experience with exceptional food. What we received was an average dining experience with frequent server interaction and less than exceptional food. We had a difficult time continuing our conversation because one of 4 different servers were interrupting us mid sentence. The $65 Delmonico steak was perfection. However, The gluten free muffins that were as hard as a rock and quite inedible. The famous fried chicken had a too salty flavor. The sauce on the salmon overwhelmed the flavor of the fish. The wine list is expensive yet we were told there was only one Riesling available. The martini was served in a dirty glass and had to be redone. That was especially disappointing as it was our first order.Special Features:
- AmazingMal824Dined on 8/24/2014My wife and I went there for our 1 Year Anniversary. It couldn't have been more amazing. We were sat by the big windows facing the pool and golf course which I had also heard was great because you could see the Disney fireworks that went off. Starting off we were greeted by a very nice hostess and were approached by a nice waiter. They have us iPads so we could click in a menu item and see how the chefs prepare their items. Never seen that before it was pretty cool. They brought us a glass of sparkling wine for our Anniversary and then we ordered. My wife got the Fried chicken, which she says is the best she has ever had and I had the Filet 8oz amazing food. Then they made sure we were taken care of by bringing us a free dessert. We love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert with Fireworks anyone?KimAndGreggVIPDined on 8/23/2014Alicia the waitress is incredible. She gives the food a different flavor with her descriptions. We started with the Deviled eggs and LOVED them. My wife and I love any table side service and had the caesar salad next. They have all of the ingredients and stir them together in a wooden bowl. It is a beautiful experience. A table next to us complained that the dressing did not taste like the bottled stuff from back home... no no i am not kidding. For our entree my wife had the fried chicken. It was Wow! I know the tenderloin is supposed to be tender but that is not always the case. The tenderloin that I had is one that need not need a knife. Then we watched the Disney fireworks from our window.Special Features:
- Special NightHumbertoDined on 8/21/2014Excellent Food, Excellent Wine list, but the best part was the service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.