Bull & Bear Steakhouse
Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek
14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Bull & Bear Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bullandbearorlando.com/
- Phone: 4075975413
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 6:00pm - 10:00 pm Reservations strongly preferred
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Pereira
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bull & Bear Steakhouse
Located in the beautiful Waldorf Astoria Orlando. A trend-setter, like the legendary New York City original, Bull & Bear Restaurant is the only restaurant in Florida to exclusively feature Prime grade Certified Angus Beef brand meat. Bull & Bear features upscale yet comfortable club-like warmth, personalized table-side preparations, exceptional seafood, signature salads and desserts, and a wine and spirit list from around the world. Our dining room overlooks our legendary golf course and signature swimming pool. Beyond the golf course, the nature preserve and natural flowing Bonnet Creek complete the visual horizon. Early diners will enjoy a beautiful sunset over the landscape. Private Dining Room with seating for up to 40 and Wine Room with seating for 14 available. At the bar, enjoy quality cocktails, high-end spirits and an extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bull & Bear Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
Bull & Bear Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (62)notable wine list (51)fit for foodies (48)scenic view (31)good for groups (21)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Perfect evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary. Everyone was very attentive and we had excellent service. The wine list and the food were absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!HerreraDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant is the best restaurant in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Night tradition!AndyVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was our 4th Visit and its now become our last night tradition as we leave Orlando for the UK. WE have a vacation home here in Orlando. As always the service was outstanding, the food out of this world and we were looked after impecably by the team as we have become a bit of a regular. We will be back in February, thank you so much for looking after Charlotte & I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrancineVIPDined on 10/16/2014Dining delight! We frequently travel 2 hours to dine here. Food is always excellent, the presentation to the taste. Steaks are the best. Service is wonderful especially Captain Tim P. who always makes it a special dining experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!brunch4meDined on 10/16/2014Incredible dinner! Family started with the tableside Caesar salad, and tuna appetizer w/sea salt sorbet; both were delish. We then had the Chilean sea bass, fried chicken, and tomahawk chop. All three were outstanding! For dessert we had the flaming creme brulee, The Lemon, the cheese platter, and the chocolate cigar -- which our son loved. Great donning experience. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014What an absolute gem. The second week of our two week stay in Orlando was spent at the Waldorf Astoria and eating here was one of our "must dos". We ate here twice in the end as it was so so good. We had the filet mignon on both nights and it was out of this world. The taste and texture were divine - never had steak like it. We had the Bull and Bear Fries too which were totally yummy and the walnut and fig bread was gorgeous. Service was amazing - everyone very friendly and professional. Highly recommend this outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daughters engagementRDM1Dined on 10/4/2014Special night with daughter and future husband. Good pacing no rush and comfy couch table. Steaks cooked to perfection, sides all excellent...mushrooms,mashed, asparagus. Champagne chocolate bar and sitting by fire pit the perfect end to a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!HonestelVIPDined on 10/3/2014We were expecting a regular high-end steak place, but this is much more than that. The food was outstanding, the menu was inspired, everything came out looking beautiful, and the service, although a little too ambitious re trying to place our order, was also outstanding. We will definitely return the next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.Charss27Dined on 10/2/2014The food was phenomenal, the wine was fantastic, and the serving staff was attentive and had personality. The menu was a gear balance of traditional and innovative, and while B&B is known for their steak, there were lots of other options too. Like that Mac n cheese with applewood smoked bacon on it. Whoa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSouthportChrisDined on 9/28/2014The food was lovely and the staff very informative on where the food was sourced. The menu on an ipad was unique and was very helpful as you could view your choice rather than just reading about it. We did find the restaurant a bit dark, it was romantic, but felt the lighting could be a touch brighter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Can't MissSteveDined on 9/28/2014Every time that we come to Florida, we always visit the Bull and Bear Steakhouse at the Waldorf. The Caesar Salad was excellent and the Chateau Briand was cooked to perfection. It is a great restaurant to visit for a special occasion. We will definitely be coming back on our next vacation to Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy!CristabelDined on 9/25/2014Great time at Bull and Bear! Would have liked the crème brulet without chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!LemdpogiVIPDined on 9/24/2014we had a great time at Bull and Bear! The servers were so attentive and the food was so delicious! We love the Maine Lobster Salad and the Tomahawk steak! They even gave us a free creme brulee since they knew it was our first time and celebrating our anniversary in there! Such a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite EveningGregDined on 9/22/2014We had a wonderful experience there. The food is a bit pricey however worth it. Also, the Captain was exemplary along with the service in general.Special Features:
- Excellent CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014We went to Bull & Bear to celebrate our 25th anniversary. The table location was perfect and the service outstanding. Definitely a perfect choice to celebrate our milestone!Special Features:
- FoodMattersDined on 9/18/2014Priced as a special occasion restaurant (i.e. expensive). Food was luscious and high quality - as you would expect for the price. Service prompt and non-intrusive albeit a bit stiff. Pleasant and comfortable ambiance with the exception of the many guests dressed in shorts and t-shirts. That put a real damper on the special occasion feel. More control by the management of the dress code would make it just about a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Will definately returnLuvtodineDined on 9/14/2014Took my girlfriend there for a romantic evening. We've eaten at Cristners Del Friscos, and love it, but in her words " this was the best steak I've ever had. The Bacon macaroni and cheese was awesome! She had the Wagyu Sirloin (special for the evening) and I had the Delmonico.....perfect! Atmosphere was very quiet, perfect for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great .....BugsiDined on 9/12/2014As this is a top class resturant they should get it right first time ....... I ask for my steak well done when it came it was clearly medium, If you are paying the prices they charge this should have been right . This had to go back to the kitchen and be re cooked . On a better note the service was faultless ....the setting was relaxing and not rushed. The starter and desert (creme brulee) fantastic.Special Features:
- A must!AnaMiklaDined on 9/8/2014Excellent stakehouse. Elegant and cosy at the same time Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantCuracaoDined on 9/7/2014Great location, Fabulous food. Great service. Staff goes the extra mile to satisfy diners. Will be back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Celebrating!MichViewsVIPDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant was perfect for celebrating our anniversary and I would highly recommend it for dinner. The service was superb and food/wine was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything exquisite !!SmilingdinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014We had a couple of Bloody Mary's prior to dinner which had a bit of a kick but not over the edge. My husband had the ceaseR salad which was made table side and I had the lobster bisque. Bisque was great and the the salad---- off the charts! We then had the chateaubriand for 2 which comes with a potato (but done with charm) and their version of bernaise sauce---- absolutely fantastic! For dessert ( and I thought there was no way either of us had room for it) we shared the fruit soup--- which I couldn't give justice in describing it! If you're looking for a great place with attentive service, great food and a group of very professional servers... This is the place!Special Features:
- Worth it!OpenTableDinerDined on 9/1/2014We were looking for a steakhouse while we were vacationing in Orlando and this restaurant wasn't far from where we were staying. It's located in the Waldorf Astoria and free valet parking is included. From the moment we entered, the service was impeccable. Our server was warm and engaging, making us feel right at home. My wife started with the Escargot & Gnocchi and ordered the NY Sirloin. I had the Filet Mignon and we both agreed the food was outstanding! Save this restaurant for your special occasions as you'll pay dearly for the experience but it's worth every cent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceMikeDined on 8/30/2014Starting with the menu with wine pairings, pictures of each dish, and description on your own private iPad, this was a great experience. The apps were gourmet in size and presentation, except the cheese plate is sufficient to share. What a great variety. Our table opted for the chatebriand sliced table side cooked a perfect medium rare and nicely seasoned. Our 3 servers took great care of us. Excellent for special occasions.Special Features:
- Disappointed....Tilly2014VIPDined on 8/27/2014We expected an elegant fine dining experience with exceptional food. What we received was an average dining experience with frequent server interaction and less than exceptional food. We had a difficult time continuing our conversation because one of 4 different servers were interrupting us mid sentence. The $65 Delmonico steak was perfection. However, The gluten free muffins that were as hard as a rock and quite inedible. The famous fried chicken had a too salty flavor. The sauce on the salmon overwhelmed the flavor of the fish. The wine list is expensive yet we were told there was only one Riesling available. The martini was served in a dirty glass and had to be redone. That was especially disappointing as it was our first order.Special Features:
- AmazingMal824Dined on 8/24/2014My wife and I went there for our 1 Year Anniversary. It couldn't have been more amazing. We were sat by the big windows facing the pool and golf course which I had also heard was great because you could see the Disney fireworks that went off. Starting off we were greeted by a very nice hostess and were approached by a nice waiter. They have us iPads so we could click in a menu item and see how the chefs prepare their items. Never seen that before it was pretty cool. They brought us a glass of sparkling wine for our Anniversary and then we ordered. My wife got the Fried chicken, which she says is the best she has ever had and I had the Filet 8oz amazing food. Then they made sure we were taken care of by bringing us a free dessert. We love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert with Fireworks anyone?KimAndGreggVIPDined on 8/23/2014Alicia the waitress is incredible. She gives the food a different flavor with her descriptions. We started with the Deviled eggs and LOVED them. My wife and I love any table side service and had the caesar salad next. They have all of the ingredients and stir them together in a wooden bowl. It is a beautiful experience. A table next to us complained that the dressing did not taste like the bottled stuff from back home... no no i am not kidding. For our entree my wife had the fried chicken. It was Wow! I know the tenderloin is supposed to be tender but that is not always the case. The tenderloin that I had is one that need not need a knife. Then we watched the Disney fireworks from our window.Special Features:
- Special NightHumbertoDined on 8/21/2014Excellent Food, Excellent Wine list, but the best part was the service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehbingoVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I dined here while staying at the Waldorf Astoria for a work conference. The service was outstanding. I have food allergies (which we reported upon making the reservation) and the staff was very attentive to all of my needs. The food was good, but not great (especially for what they were charging). We found the general atmosphere snooty and the food underwhelming.
- Best experience in OrlandoKellyDined on 8/16/2014Great food,great service,in a beautiful setting.Bull and Bear always meets our expectations.If you are in Orlando make plans to eat there,you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place OverallColoradoDavidDined on 8/16/2014The Tomahawk steak had great flavor but was a little tough (it is not a filet mignon so it is typically not as tender but it still could have been better) and for $130 ($65 per person and it is a 2 person prices entree) it should be better. It was good but not worth $130. The filet mignons at our table were melt - in - your - mouth tender but not very flavorful. Apps were good. Overall the food was good but I have been to at least 3 or 4 steakhouses that I would rate higher and are priced lower. Excellent service and the Lemon desert is unusually fantastic and I am not a big lemon desert fan - you must try it even if you are not into lemon deserts! Be prepared to pay for the high-end service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014What a fantastic find. Staff was very pleasant and very knowledgeble. Your comfort and satisfaction is their primary goal. Very inventive menu with delectible creations. Well worth the price, this is fine dining without all the typical pretense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father/daughter dinnerFallenAngekDined on 8/10/2014I took my teenage daughter to dinner. It was a great time. The staff were friendly and helpful. They recommended personal favorites. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic dining experienceFabulousVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a group of six celebration birthdays. Could not had better meals or service. Everyone ordered something different and no one was unhappy. Our server Tim was very knowledgable about wines and his team kept everyones water classes filled. Must try specialty dessets (l usually do not eat any sweets but cant pass them up here). Worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasionMM0922Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I recently decided to celebrate our anniversary at Bull & Bear and were pleasantly surprised at what a lovely and romantic restaurant we have here right in our backyard. As a Central Florida resident, I can't wait to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014By far top 5 dining experiences to date. I would have never thought it would be so great staff and food were both superb. I might come to Orlando again just to experience it again ! Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food selectionsBB13Dined on 7/28/2014Very unique experience from the Tomahawk steak and Velvet Glove Shiraz. Then there's the candle made from drippings. Totally cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing.MaryKatesMomVIPDined on 7/27/2014We definately plan on coming back when we are next in the Orlando area. The food is second only to Victoria and Albert's. The atmosphere isn't as stuffy as I thought it would be and the service was top notch.Special Features:
- BuckyBuckyDined on 7/25/2014We have been there many times and it is a wonderful place to eat. The only thing this time is that the service was very slow. It took over 3 hours for to complete our meal. Over 2 hours to receive our entrees.Special Features:
- One of the best at Disney.BentleyDriverDined on 7/24/2014We had the chateau briande for two as well as the Caesar salad for two. Both were excellent. The foyot sauce was fabulous. We had no room for desert. They had a great wine list. My only complaint was the markup on the wine. If you chose a really nice wine you'd spend easily as much as your $150 dinner per person. We chose one of the least expensive, about $65 a bottle and dinner and tip came to over $300 for the two of us. Great on you're on an expense account. Not so great when ,like us, you're retirees. Anyway, a memorable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.