Bull and Bear Eatery & Tavern
4017 80th st.
Kenosha, WI 53142Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bull and Bear Eatery & Tavern
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://bullandbearkenosha.com/
- Phone: 262-694-9494
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 6:00am - 11:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Connie Gochis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: 39th st.
- Public Transit: Bull and Bear has a bus stop conveniently located at Pershing Blvd and 80th St. Proceed south to the back of the parking lot, and turn left. You will then see our main entrance doors.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Bull and Bear has plenty of parking for our hungry customers, along with parking spaces for the handicapped at our east entrance.
A word from Bull and Bear Eatery & Tavern
"The market is always up at the Bull & Bear Eatery and Tavern." Open daily at 6:00 am for breakfast and serving dinner until 10:00 pm. From skillets and burgers to aged fillets and NY strips Bull & Bear has it all. A warm upscale setting the Bull & Bear offers an extensive wine list along with 25 Beers on Draft. The Bar room features 10 HD flat screens for all your viewing pleasure. The Bull & Bear is the perfect place for corporate luncheons, showers and birthdays with a private party room for 50. For more information call 262-694-9494.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bull and Bear Eatery & Tavern - Best Restaurants in Kenosha ›
Bull and Bear Eatery & Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Needs helpbarbwiDined on 2/18/2014Although the food was good, the eating area needed an upgrade badly. The table was old and looked like it had severe water damage. The carpet was clean, probable shouldn't be carpet but it was coming up in the corners. I'm not sure if they were carpet squares. It seems they need to put some money on decorationsSpecial Features:
- Snow snow snowDinnerdatersDined on 2/17/2014Basically the only thing good about this place was the service. I will say this was an isolated experience and I defiantly would give it another go. We mad reservations for 9:00pm and arrived at 8:45 upon arrival, we were told we had to hurry up and order as the kitchen was closing soon. The Resturant closes at 10pm. Our server. Who was also the bartender was great, friendly and helpful. The food was ... Ok. I had the grilled cheese!!! Awesome. My Date had the buffalo chicken wrap. It was wayyyy too hot. I don't reconnect it for the average tolerace. We started Thoth the flaming cheese!!! Opa!!! It was great. That's all. Good Resturant needs another chance though.Special Features:
- service took too long ...foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014service took too long ...food was cold...worst saganaki I ever seen! Managers obviously do Not know how to prep for large crowds
- Nice FindDrRib47906Dined on 8/18/2013This place is a little hard to find. It is off the street and behind another building. But the hunt was worth it. Good food and nice portions. Will stop again next time in Kenosha area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor servive from theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Very poor servive from the waitress. It was like I was bothering her. The dish I ordered was to have tomatoes in the description on the menu. When noted to the waitress, she commented it depended who the cook was for the evening. If this was my first time here, it definitely would be my last time. As far as an email address for the restaurant to respond, I prefer not to leave it as I am a business owner in Kenosha, also.
- Thanksgiving DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Because my family is in the middle of a move, we were not able to have a traditional Thanksgiving, and we ended up at the Bull and Bear. While it is clearly the kind of place you would want to be during a football game (there are many televisions, a large bar, and a casual atmosphere), it isn't really aiming for upscale dining- which was fine for our purposes.However, the food was great. They ran a special menu during the holiday and all the food was delicious. We had a vegetarian in our party, and they did a great job making a special meal for her. The service was fast an attentive, and we left full and happy.I don't know how they are during a normal night, but I would definitely return to watch a game.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012The food was very good and we were served plenty,rather too much .We all took remaining containers of food home. Greek night is the best. Please try Bull and Bear eatery.Special Features:
- This had to be one of theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/30/2012This had to be one of the worst meals we've ever had. The food was not even edible.
- Very nice neighborhood tavern.luv2travelVIPDined on 6/8/2012Very nice neighborhood tavern. Very Good food selection. Many beers on tap. Wait staff knowledgable and helpful.Special Features:
- This was my second visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012This was my second visit. Once again, I received a plate of cold food. Same thing happened during my last visit, but I thought I would give them another chance. Not again.
- I ordered the Easter buffet,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/8/2012I ordered the Easter buffet, then I was told I could have an omelette. Little did I know that was extra from the buffet. I was not told that. Our bill for 3 people was way over priced for this type of restaurant in Kenosha. I've paid that same for breakfast in Milwaukee which included organic food, healthier options and a nicer atmosphere. I will not go back for breakfast again!
- This was a most difficultbobbDined on 4/1/2012This was a most difficult restaurant to find-- it is located in the rear of a small commercial area with mostly medical offices which don't have signs. A small sign with the restaurant's name indicates the place to turn in, but the restaurant is nowhere to be found. A small sentence on the website had cautioned that it was in the very back of the property, but you have to weave through the other lots to find it. When we entered, no one was at the reception desk and while we waited for five to ten minutes, no one came to find our [Open Table]reservation. The food, however, was most tasty and well-prepared and we were the only diners in that particular room, so it was quiet as we had requested.Special Features:
- They advertsed thrusday GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2012They advertsed thrusday Greek nite. We got there right after they opened for the specail food We like the red greek wine, they didn't have any, only a white, that was ok. We go to Chicago to Greek town quite a bit and know the wines. Then we ordered the dinner for four, had several different dishes. They were to have 3 different deserts, they only had one, that I make at home all the time, the other people with us never had greek food, it was disappointing that way.And they didn't give a break on the meal for not having the 3 different deserts. They have done this greek nite for a year now, you would think they wouldn't be out of special food for that occation.
- Service is inconsistent. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Service is inconsistent. My son and his date ordered, ate, and paid for their meal before my wife and I received our food. Our meals were over-cooked, stringing, tough, and flavorless.
- On Jan 14 we dined @ BullBlxmexDined on 1/14/2012On Jan 14 we dined @ Bull and Bear we enjoyed the food our waitress Crysta was awesome.. Will go again to enjoy the all you can eat crab legs and ribs!Special Features:
- The fish fry was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011The fish fry was delicious and the service was very good. Much better than our first trip there was was shortly after they had openedSpecial Features:
- Maybe it was an off-night,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2011Maybe it was an off-night, but the food was only so-so. Wife didn't get the soup she ordered, and I got charged for a (more expensive) beer that they were out of. I've eaten here plenty of times, but this was not up to expectations.
- Ambiance was average bar sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2011Ambiance was average bar scene with a dining room attached. 4 of the 6 of us got the special--All you can eat crab legs. It was suggested. They were the worse crab legs we ever had. Dry, no flavor, tiny legs with dried up meat. 1 side dish of asparagus which was covered in oil and only gave you 3 spears. The other 2 guests got the the ribs which they said we're just okay. Service was annoying--server was aware, but was always at our table. The server sat down with us several time and gave us "fun fact" questions. We had no time to chat with our guests. The price was way to high for lousy food. We will never eat at Bull & Bear Tavern again.
- Oveall, we enjoyed our eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011Oveall, we enjoyed our evening at the Bull and Bear. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and checked on us often. The food was good, my husband had the all you can eat crab legs and ribs and he loved them! I had the spanikopita. It was very rich and a fairly large portion, so I took half of it home...lunch the next day! Really loved the side of grilled asparagus. We felt relaxed and comfortable and would definately go back.Special Features:
- Food was a little too pepperyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Food was a little too peppery for my taste. Went for Mother's Day, no advertisement on their website mentioning $20 buffet with no menu for other choices. Food was nothing special to me. Ate there one time before. Will more than likely not eat there again.Special Features:
- I was disappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2011I was disappointed in the service at Bull & Bear. I had made a reservation for our party, but still had to wait over 20 minutes for our table, even though we were all there on time. The greeter kept saying, "Just one minute, your table is being cleared now." We heard that about 5 times. The noise level was unbelievable, we had to raise our voices to hear each other. Our appetizer was delicious, but the guy who brought it to us was rather slovenly dressed. Our dinner entrees were OK, but not good enough to eat there again. The dinner prices were a little high considering we were eating in a "tavern".
- Heard about the all you canOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2011Heard about the all you can eat crab legs and ribs option on the radio, and decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed. The service was very good, and the food was great. I will definately be coming back.Special Features:
- I took my very picky MotherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2011I took my very picky Mother there for her 73rd Birthday. She absolutely loved the food and the service - and her brandy old fashioned - which was perfectly made. Our waiter, Randy, took extra good care of her and was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Very family oriented, allOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011Very family oriented, all around great. Servers and staff always kind. Service is fast and friendly. Food is always fantastic. A memorable sinning experience.Special Features:
- 30th Birthday BashOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2011We celebrated my husband's 30th birthday with a great group of friends. The staff had our tables ready when we arrived, were tentative and provided great service to a rather large group. It was realy nice to be at a bar and actually be able to hear everyone talking. A great night!Special Features:
- ddsthlOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011I took my daughter there for her Birthday. She loves crab legs and we were going for the OYCE menu. I have heard they are very good but that night they were horrible. Even a couple next to us that we started talking to said the same thing. THe commented that they come there all the time on Saturdays for the crab legs and they were so disapointed. I felt so bad for my daughter. Usually we do the crab legs at home on her bday and thought going out would be fun. Wrong idea. The service was terrible and was so slow. Took a long time for her to even bring us the drinks. We sat for 15 minutes before we were even waited on. But we think the service was worst than the food.
- Very nice place with a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/20/2011Very nice place with a wonderful atmosphere. The brown-paneled walls and heavy wooden furniture give it a cozy pub-like feeling. Service was good. When the kitchen made a mistake with the order, the server corrected it and then bought my next drink. Food was good also, with the menu consisting mostly of higher-end bar food (gourmet burgers, sandwiches, wraps, etc.), steak, chicken and fish entrees and a few Greek specialties. I had a hamburger and it was perfect. Next time, I want to try the pastichio. Excellent selection of beers on tap. If you're looking for white linen tablecloth fine dining, this is not your place. If you're looking for good, solid food in a lively, casual atmosphere, you'll like this spot. Its very kid-friendly, too.Special Features:
- The portions were generousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2011The portions were generous for all you could eat crab legs, but the service was slow and my order was not correct.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2011me and my girlfriend have eaten here 3 times and everytime the service was outstanding,youyr staff is top notch whjen it comes to service,we also were there when tom kief was there,that was fun,and the guy who has his own cookinjg show,not sure on his name but he has spiked hair.we will be visiting again at the end of may and i know we will be treated like royality.thanks for making are dinners so great, mr and mrs coxSpecial Features:
- I ordered the Fish Fry andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2011I ordered the Fish Fry and was particularly excited to find Walleye on the menu. The bad news was that it was beer battered. Beer battered is okay for the Perch and Cod, but Walleye should be broiled or baked...The Crab and Cod Bisque soup was absolutely horrid, tasteless, with shells in it. Could have colored and heated dish water for the same effect. Both my wife and I were extremely disappointed. Saganaki was excellent as was the waitress. Too bad she couldn't cook!
- Service was flawless. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2011Service was flawless. Food was very good.We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good service, terrible cook.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2011The venue, service, and crowd was fair! We went out to eat, though, and the food was terrible. Almost everything was very oily. The potatoes were a wreck, and the steak.... many complaints. The cuts of meat are certainly not 'choice,' and I'm quite sure the chef has no idea what the difference between rare & medium levels of doneness. Stay away from the trios.
- My group of five was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2011My group of five was very pleased with our outing at Bull & Bear last Friday January 7th. We all had the fish fry. Three of us chose cod and two chose the perch. The crab soup was very tasty and the bread that came to the table was hot and great with butter. Two chose the cajun fries and three chose the regular fries. The cajun fries were not too spicy, but had great flavor. The regular fries went really well with the fish. The beer was incredible. The place itself was accomodatin,clean, vibrant, and we had a fantastic time.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our impromptu dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/6/2011We enjoyed our impromptu dinner with the accommodations that were requested. Greek night was a pleasant experience! More Greek music would be nice, and we did feel a little rushed with the service, but it was still a nice evening.Special Features:
- We are frequent flyers toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2010We are frequent flyers to this restaurant. The food is always good and hot. The bread is excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome find! Went out forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2010Awesome find! Went out for anniversary and it helped make it a memorable night!! Great service, great food, and a beautiful building/atmosphere really made it special. There were also 3 parties going on at once and you could not even tell!! Great choice and highly recommended!!Special Features:
- This was our second time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2010This was our second time eating here and I have to say, the service was very poor. My kids wanted to leave without their meal because the wait was so long. The waitress never even asked my kids if they wanted their ice-creme, which was included in their meal. The waitress only had one table, ours, and when we got up to ask the maitre'd for our bill, she got up from folding napkins/silverware to ask if we were done. Hello! We were waiting for her to give us the bill and my baby was getting loud, bored, and very tired.
- waited to long for our food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2010waited to long for our food. I had to get up and find the waiter and ask him where are food was. he keep saying it was coming.when the food finally came they blamed it on the ribs that my son ordered.No one should have to wait for an hour for there food. the manager never came over and said anything either. poor service we will never go back.
- The restaurant is kind ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2010The restaurant is kind of hard to find, but worth the trouble. We had the salmon which was a very good portion and the rice, salad and side made it a great buy. The bread was hot out of the oven and tasty. Service was also great. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Considering we sat for overOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2010Considering we sat for over 15 minutes and was never approached by a waitress, I can't really comment on the quality of food. My husband and I got up and walked out and went to a real restaurant that actually cares about serving their customers. Would not reccomend to anyone for any occasion.