2051 B Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, FL 33020Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buleriamia.com/
- Phone: 9543627026
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Mon, Fri, Sat 4pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Alejandro Domingo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Late Night, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering events for more information call 786-219-7568
- Entertainment: We offer a wide range of entertainment from flamenco to gypsy rumba and dancing from different artists around the world who enjoy doing what they do best.
A word from Buleria Restaurant
Buleria Restaurant and Bar is the home of the age-old Spanish tradition of Tapas. Tapas aren't just a trend, it's a way of life to be savored and enjoyed with good friends and Buleria offers the real thing! Specializing in the regional cuisines of Spain with traditional cooking based on natural ingredients such as olive oil, lots of seafood, vegetables, game, veal, ham, and sausages to name a few. Complement your meal with a wine of the region along with a fine selection of beers or enjoy a refreshing glass of sangria. Jazz up your experience and enjoy the live complementary Flamenco shows on Friday and Saturday evenings. Linger Spanish style and enjoy a cozy setting with all of your favorite people at Buleria.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buleria Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (10)good for groups (10)notable wine list (6)romantic (6)late-night find (5)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Don't be in a rushLetUsDine2Dined on 9/20/2014If you decide to go this restaurant on a Friday or Saturday when they have their Flamenco performances, don't be in a rush. This European-inspired restaurant is the place to go when you want to take your time and enjoy the performance while you also enjoy several of the great tapas options off the menu. The show is as much a part of the experience as the food. You'll be encouraged to participate so, if it's your birthday, expect to find yourself on stage with the flamenco dancers. All of this is in an intimate (this is not a large restaurant) atmosphere. Be sure to make a reservation or you'll find yourself sitting at the bar or at the high tops outside. My out of town friend considered it a real treat!Special Features:
- Great TapassearchingforgreatseafoodDined on 9/1/2014We went with a party of 6 and were seated promptly with our reservation (through Open Table), we shared many Tapas and the Seafood Paella was excellent (we ordered the Paella as soon as we were seated as it takes about 45 minutes for this meal to be prepared) we started with the Mediterranea Salad (two orders for the whole table), enjoyed the Chipirones a La Vasca (squid in ink sauce), Chorizo al Jerez (sausage), Patatas a La brava (potatoes with pepper sauce), Champinones al Ajillo (sauteed mushrooms in garlic sauce) and Pulpo a La Gallega (boiled octopus with garlic and paprika). Did I mention the Paella was excellent!Special Features:
- Amazing night!RosxyDined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing time. The show was excellent, our server Leo was awesome and so was the food. The owner even came out to share a few minutes with us. Thank you to Buleria for a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Overall experience amazing but service not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLovetoeatDined on 8/25/2014Great service, the food is delicious. Highly recommend this restaurant . We had paella for 4 but it was a lot and 5 can def eat with oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place... Great showFlemingsDined on 8/17/2014Food and service was consistant and great. Will recommend... Excellent Flamenco show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FunfoodyDined on 8/3/2014The food had great flavor (meat could be a little tough) and the entertainment was fun!Special Features:
- Such Fun!GREETandEATDined on 8/3/2014The small staff was great and super friendly. The food was very tasty! It was a wonderful time and we look forward to going back for some tapas, sangria, paella, and flamenco...Cha, Cha, Cha!!Special Features:
- Would not go backBad2eat2expensiveDined on 8/1/2014the prices for the food they give you are ridicously super expensive and it is not worth it at all. The ambience of the little show they have it's nice but they are not good at the service at all. Will not go back at all.Special Features:
- Great!!Rdackias2Dined on 7/30/2014The food was delicious. I had seafood paella it was seasoned perfectly with lots of seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bulerias Bulerias!!luvtodanceDined on 7/29/2014Great tasty food, friendly staff, fast service!! I wish the restaurant and stage were a bit larger :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buen RestaurantEXCELENTEDined on 7/21/2014buen Restaurant de comida española, buena ubicacion, buenos precios.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the besttonyDined on 6/15/2014excelente el lugar , la comida , ect ect ,,,,los camareros muy atentos ,,, la expericiencia cada vez q vamos es mejor , felicidades a sus duenos ,,,,Special Features:
- Find your Ole here!LarryIntheWestDined on 6/13/2014This was our second visit to Buleria, but our first exposure to their live Flamenco group of 3. We really enjoy the "small plates" of carefully-prepared tapas, and learned it's best not to order them all at once, because we found our little table nearly hidden by the many dishes. Over 2 visits, we ordered gratin eggplant, dates wrapped in bacon & cheese, charbroiled asparagus w/Serrano ham, a sampler platter of sliced Spanish meats and cheeses, the delicious Mediterranea salad, shrimp w/garlic in olive oil (the Mrs. said "o.k."), and a couple more. The portions are generous and we took home leftovers. Each feast was accompanied by toasty bread w/olive oil for dipping and glasses of good Spanish wine. Almond cake made a fine ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 42 reviews are from the Buleria Restaurant reviews archive.
- Best Tapas MenuLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 6/1/2014Had read the positive reviews, and fan of tapas so looked forward to eating at Buleria. Enjoyed the tuna salad, stuffed squid, pork kebob and lentil soup. Ordered the grilled fish, but ended up with fish cooked in marinara sauce. More of a grilled fish fan, but friends enjoyed the dish we were served. Live music was too loud for such a small place. Hard to have a conversation. However, overall excellent choice of tapas, probably something for every taste. Excellent value.Special Features:
- Tapas HunterGSMAustraliaVIPDined on 5/9/2014We very much love tapas and the food was excellent. Unfortunately we had a waiter who disappeared for long periods of time.Special Features:
- I won't recomendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014We order tapas, sangria and a paella for 2. The tapas arrived and the sangria was served when we finished the tapas. The waitress has an attitude, she took for ever to take care of us, and this is a small restaurant, fortunately another waiter took over, because he notice the situation. The sangria was awful, not sweet at all.
- A gemBunkieDined on 4/21/2014We have taken several friends to Buleria at different times because we find it checks every item on the list. The small staff is warm and helpful. The food is outstanding. I love the dates wraped in bacon and stuffed with goat cheese. This last trip we took some real foodies with us and the loved the stuffed squid. This restaurant will be at the top of our list for out of town guest and a nice evening out with my husband.GraciasSpecial Features:
- Fun Place for the Spaniard in YoudrhdhomeVIPDined on 3/23/2014The paella is out of this world and the tablao setting, albeit in a small place, is fun and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemBunkieDined on 3/9/2014I love this restaurant because is small and intimate. The tapas are to die for and I always end up eating too much because I love everything. We have gone twice with very discerning friends and it has been a success each time.Special Features:
- Inferior foodmardigrasDined on 3/7/2014We order the Paella Sticky rice with 3 tiny shrimp, 3-4 very thin slices of sausage small amount of peas Very disappointing We also ordered a $12.50 cheese plate Meat and cheese so thin Loved the dancersSpecial Features:
- well prepared foodmilkyDined on 3/7/2014The space is small and on Friday and Saturday better have a reservation the music is a nice addition but the menu is limited and should have a bit more variety. The paella with seafood and chicken and sausage had too much of the latter and min chicken, but was freshly made and took about 45 min.
- great tapas locationdarwynDined on 2/28/2014Drove by it many a times until one day a friend told me about it, we stopped in one night and it was excellent, the food the service, you truly want to order everything off the menu...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was rude!GomezDined on 2/22/2014This is the fourth and last time that I am going to Buleria. I decided to pay cash for the meal and the waiter came back indignant because I had not left a big enough tip? I had expected him to settle the bill and bring me back the change. Then I would have left the appropriate tip.. this is how is done. If the tip is mandatory ... then put it on the bill.. as they do in Spain. Best Regards,
- Great food but need better servicedisappointedDined on 2/17/2014The Food was wonderful, when I came and the waiter was stretched so thin he came and went without opening a door, They would have a lot more repeat business if they had service to match the quality of the food.. Even though they are tapas, they should not come out one at a time with a long wait in between. Had to ask 4 times before we got a basket of bread begged for water, and never got a refill in 2+ hours... disappointing
- The best in Hollywood?JustTimDined on 2/15/2014Other reviewers have made this the number one restaurant in Hollywood FL. We live in the area and wanted to try something different. Maybe we caught them on a bad night, being the day after Valentines. Service was poor. We waited fifteen minutes after being seated without any acknowledgement by the staff. We had to flag down another waiter, who took our drink order. The rest of the night's service was similar. We ordered the Paella without shrimp, as my wife is allergic. After waited 45 minutes for the meal, they had made our Paella with shrimp and it had to be sent back. Once the the Paella arrived, it was good. Not the best I've had, but good. THe bright point of the evening was the music and Flamenco dancers
- Paella at its bestjackDined on 2/4/2014Excellent food, great tapas. But expect to wait for your Paella at least 45 mms to one hour and more if the redo is full. Kitchen seems small. So if you really very hungry go somewhere else
- Just OKJane1544Dined on 2/4/2014Having read other reviews that were very flattering, perhaps we expected too much. Although the single server tried his best, he was the only person visible in the restaurant who was working. That made for delays throughout the service and no time for any friendly chatter. The paella was ok but nothing special. The seafood portions were all quite small, so it was mostly rice. Just was not what we thought would be happening that night. And the restaurant itself is just ordinary.Special Features:
- A pleasant findFoodCriticDined on 1/18/2014A pleasant find and loved the show. Would return and choose some different entree's.Special Features:
- Visit Spain's CuisineFlavorqueenDined on 1/18/2014We went for dinner on a Saturday. Make sure you make reservations! The place is small but comfortable and quaint. The Flamenco show was very good considering you are in Florida. They are very lively and the crowd joins in the fun. The tapas were very good specially the Chorizos. We ordered a Seafood Paella for 4 and it took 45 minutes during that time we were enjoying the show, wine and tapas. The Paella was great and a good portion. Do not go here if you are in a hurry. Eat like the Spaniards. It was above our expectations! We will return. Try the not so famous Albariño wine ( white wine). Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, authentic tapasCVilladaDined on 12/29/2013Great service, authentic tapas and great live guitar playing!Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/28/2013very very good spanish restaurant ,,, the best ,,,,,Special Features:
- paela was amazingplantationDined on 12/19/2013Paela was great, recomended by owner. Wine was very good and also recomended by waiter. Reasonable prices. Will fo sure go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWFUL AWFULYummyVIPDined on 12/15/2013There was ONE waiter serving the entire small restaurant.,We waited forever for water,,had to ask for bread, were told that the paella took 45 mi to make and to order something else..Cant remember what is was except it had chorizo in it,,,SPICY,, I think we both got food poisoing here...we will NEVER be back. And that had a lady singing that also had to double as a water girl etc. We went with friends since this place got good reviews,,,a relative had to have written the reciews. All I can say is never again.Special Features:
- Wonderful tapasJoeBDined on 12/14/2013Saturday evening has live Spanish music and dancing. Fantastic tapas menu. Best restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Flamenco SpotdrhdhomeVIPDined on 11/16/2013Great food. Great atmosphere with a fun Flamenco show. Small, cozy place. Reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delight for the SensesbirdieDined on 11/9/2013The food was wonderful; fresh and beautifully prepared. The menu was most extensive; we had a hard time choosing tapas to begin our dinners. A super element was the fabulous Flamenco dancing. What talent and art these beautiful dancers possess. A wonderful eve was had by all five of us.Special Features:
- Awesome Food & FlamencowhocruiserDined on 11/8/2013Great food and service in an intimately sized setting but the flamenco entertainers (and the service staff who occasionally joined them on the stage too) were the true stars of the evening :-) A delicious & joyous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME BITHDAY FOR MY DADUCHYPEDined on 10/26/2013PLEASANT ATMOSPHERE. SERVERS ADAPTED TO OUR NEEDS. FOOD SERVED IN TIMELY FASHION. REASONABLE PRICESpecial Features:
- Great nightMaxim1Dined on 10/14/2013The food was great. Those who are new to Spanish cosine need to know that might take up to one hour to prepare main dish. While waiting for your food, try and enjoy entries. They have a flamenco show on weekends but have to make reservations in advance because it gets filled quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.