Bukhara Indian Bistro
15718 Wayzata Blvd E
Minnetonka, MN 55391Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Bukhara Indian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bukharamn.com/home.html
- Phone: 9524767997
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Chef Joginder Cheema
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bukhara Indian Bistro
Before the British occupation of South Asia, the predominant force that ruled a majority of the continent was the Mughal empire, which originated in Ferghana (modern day Uzbekistan). The cultural and religious capital of this empire lay in Bukhara due to the established silk trade routes from the Far East to the Mediterranean. This Indo-Islamic power had control over most of Asia and the city of Bukhara was the melting pot for all these cultures and their cuisines. As this great power vanished, so did much of its culinary inventions, but some aspects of this style survived in Northern India which have since come to be known as 'Mughlai Khanna' (food of the Mughals). Today we carry this ancient tradition of culinary excellence at Bukhara Indian Bistro under the supervision of the first chef to bring North Indian food to Minneapolis and of one of the best North Indian culinary arts master in the Midwest Chef Joginder CheemaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bukhara Indian Bistro - Best Restaurants in Minnetonka ›
Bukhara Indian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (14)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (10)great for brunch (6)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Love this placeDine4MineDined on 10/3/2014It's all great: the food is delicious, the staff realy cares, parking is easy and everyone enjoys the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drivePieGieDined on 8/23/2014Bukhara Indian Bistro is a real treat in Minnesota. After getting spoiled on great Indian food in the San Francisco Bay area, we searched far and wide in Minnesota to find comparable quality. My wife and I both love Bukhara and are happy to see them busy. Service was prompt, but the real reason we visit is for the outstanding food. All of our meals there have been great to outstanding.Special Features:
- Tofu is not chickenBanjoDined on 7/8/2014Self explanatory. They mixed in tofu with the Chicken Kashmiri. There are plenty of better Indian restaurants around.
- Lunch BuffetSuzanneVIPDined on 7/3/2014Went here on a referral from a co-worker, said they have a great lunch buffet. They were right on. I have never Indian food and although it was a bit different for me, I thought it was very tasty. Not as spicy as I was expecting which was disappointing but they did have a very good hot sauce on the buffet. It is off the beaten path and I have always wondered how this place could survive in it's location but there are always several cars in the parking lot when I go by. I'm glad I finally stopped, I would go back.Special Features:
- The following 13 reviews are from the Bukhara Indian Bistro reviews archive.
- We live this place!JKG11VIPDined on 6/14/2014Bukhara is one of our staple restaurants we visit often during the week. I'll also go occasionally for the lunch buffet any chance I get. The food is always consistently delicious for dinner. We are always greeted kindly, the staff is very nice and accommodating (we have a 3 year old) and even playful with our daughter. The lunch buffet has a very exciting selection for which you are never disappointed. In addition; good food for a good value. Hands down, this is a great place to eat. The ambiance is also nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Great!UnrealVIPDined on 6/4/2014I have driven by hundreds of times and never thought about eating there. My wife brought it up and off we went. The staff was great and the food was outstanding! We will be back soon....Special Features:
- Great Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2014My wife and I have been to Bukhara multiple times now and we really enjoy the food. We love Indian food anyway so this fills the bill perfectly! Try anything Shia Korma! Great!Special Features:
- Great food and experience!MNguyDined on 4/19/2014Food and experience was great. The waiter recommended some really good food and he was honest about what wasn't good. Everything came out perfect and the quality of the ingredients was definitely higher than any other Indian Restaurant we have been to in the Twin Cities. Now I just wish the location was more convenient! I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Well ExecutedTravisRDined on 4/19/2014We had a great dinner. Service was great. Food and flavors were spot on. The mild was not spicy at all. Most other Indian restaurants mild is still a bit heated. This was not. I would order medium next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood GemSusanVIPDined on 4/17/2014We love Bukhara! It is like a neighborhood hang out even though it is in a strip mall. The food is fantastic, and the waiters are SO friendly!Special Features:
- Great Food and ValueSusanVIPDined on 4/4/2014We love Bukhara. The food is wonderful. The waiters are very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch buffetgoodeaterVIPDined on 3/17/2014A good option for lunch in this area. We liked the fresh naan delivered directly to our table.
- The best!SlugVIPDined on 2/21/2014You are really missing out if you have not indulged in the great cuisine at Bukhara. It is the best Indian restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serversSusanVIPDined on 2/16/2014We love Bukhara. The food is generous and delicious. You couldn't find nicer servers. They remember us each time we come in. This is the closest we have to a neighborhood restaurant in Minnetonka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian RestaurantSlugVIPDined on 2/13/2014You will not be disappointed -- food and service are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestSlugVIPDined on 2/1/2014This is the best Indian restaurant in the area...great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantSusanVIPDined on 1/8/2014We love Bukhara. The food is fabulous. The prices are very reasonable. It has the nicest waiters in town. Give it a try if you have never been there.Special Features: