976 Pearl St
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://buibistro.com/buibistro/Welcome.html
- Phone: (707) 255-5417
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, French, Vietnamese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bui Bistro
Chef and Owner Patrick Bui creates beautiful French-Vietnamese meals in a sleek space with a sexy atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bui Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (6)romantic (3)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Nice local surpriseMaileQVIPDined on 10/17/2014Quaint little restaurant with a small bar, tastefully decorated. Menu seemed a bit limited at first for a Vietnamese restaurant, but there is a sampling from most traditonal dishes plus a few French inspired. Everything I tried was absolutely delicious - duck rolls, roasted garlic prawns, shaken beef w/arugula and sea bass w/tamarind coconut sauce. Decent wine list and full bar, but you can BYOB for $10 corkage. Friendly and attentive service, but kitchen is a bit slow making it fresh so don't be in a hurry. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bui BistroCaitVIPDined on 10/13/2014As someone who enjoys a lot of Asian and Middle-Eastern food I was not impressed. The service was not great and when I asked to get a yellow curry that was mild, I was told they could not do that because the curries are pre-made/packaged. Just hearing that made my opinion of the restaurant drop. If I wanted pre-packaged curry I could heat some up in my microwave for less money. With that said, the curry went well as a light drizzle on top of the shrimp rice. The broccoli left much to be desired, but the green beans were delicious. Overall, the restaurant was fairly decent. However, the quality of their food was very inconsistent. I would recommend going here as an introduction to Vietnamese food, but not for connoisseurs of the cuisine.
- Birthday dinnercmrizzutoDined on 10/8/2014Spotted this place on a local feed and though it would be a good spot for my birthday. Staff were attentive. Food was tasty. Only down side was that they had a small menu and were out of many things on that menu. It was a wednesday night and we were there at 6pm. With the menu being so small they should have added a few specials to fill in. I will return in hopes that there is a little more variety on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super FoodChristineVIPDined on 9/9/2014We had a great dinner, doesn't get the traffic it deserves!Special Features:
- Very good Vietnamese food in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/16/2014The food at Bui was very good and both the wine list and food were extremely reasonable.. Everything was fresh and tasty. Service was excellent. It is well located if you are going to a show at the City Winery or anywhere else in downtown Napa.. We will return..Special Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Bui Bistro reviews archive.
- Great find.Foodie1and2Dined on 6/7/2014We went to this restaurant based on several Open Table reviews. I agree with the reviewer who said that the food was great but the wine was lacking. The first 5 white wines that we requested were not available. (5 out of 10 wines are not available?) However, the food was outstanding, and the duck was the very best that we had ever tasted. Atmosphere was pleasant and it's located on a nice side street with parking across the street.Special Features:
- undiscovered gemmarciaDined on 4/30/2014The food is delicious and varied. Service is a little uneven but not enough to distract from the experience. Great place to have dinner before going to the opera house as it is within easy walking distance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bui Bistro had great highLanalouVIPDined on 3/29/2014Bui Bistro had great high quality food and the service was excellent; however, the portions are somewhat small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but a little overpricedCamdonDined on 3/14/2014We enjoyed our first meal at Bui Bistro. The food is good and the service was excellent. It doesn't compare to our favorite Vietnamese restaurants in San Francisco, but prices are comparable to those. The best parts of our meal were the crispy imperial rolls and the house salad that they substituted for fries I didn't want. The place was empty when we arrived and only a couple more tables came in before we left.I would recommend this to a friend.