Bufflehead Tapas Room - Penticton Lakeside Resort
21 Lakeshore Dr. West
Penticton, BC V2A 7M5Neighborhood:
Penticton / Naramata
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Bufflehead Tapas Room - Penticton Lakeside Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebufflehead.com/
- Phone: (250) 493-9768
- Hours of Operation:
Open 4:30pm-11:00pm Wednesday - Sunday
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chris Remington
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us directly for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Marko 2504939768x
A word from Bufflehead Tapas Room - Penticton Lakeside Resort
Bufflehead Pasta and Tapas Room, located in the Penticton Lakeside Resort is an upscale casual tapas style dining room. Serving exotic tastes of the Mediterranean, patrons can relax by the fire or out on the patio. The "Bufflehead" comes from one of our many ducks living in the riparian area on the shores of the resort. Executive Chef Chris Remington approaches his unique dishes with creativity using only the highest quality ingredients that offer premium freshness and taste. Chef Chris enjoys exploring the local markets at any given day and challenging his imagination with all that he finds. He can even be found picking fresh herbs from the restaurant's very own garden.Continued
Bufflehead Pasta and Tapas Room menu will offer dishes in tapas style portions.
Bufflehead Pasta and Tapas Room menu will offer dishes in tapas style portions.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bufflehead Tapas Room - Penticton Lakeside Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (6)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- dissappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014service was soooo slow....it took 20 minutes to get a cocktail...our waitress was very nice, but she may want to re think her career....not very smart when it came to looking after 6 people at a table. she fiorgot numerous things. My pasta dish was swamped with oil...it was so bad that i had to ask for a new plate so that I could drain it my self -
- ethelvictoriaDined on 9/5/2014we were visiting family in Penticton and were going to go to the Hooded Mergansa. After reading the menus for both restaurants I decided I liked the selection at Bufflehead. We started with the crostini tapas. Two of us had the wild salmon and we all shared the spinach salad. Everything was delicious. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingalwayslookingDined on 8/9/2014Having gone to the Bufflehead several times before, with some problems with food and service, this time was perfect. The food had great taste, just the right amount, service was fast, the wine list excellent and it was the first time we used Open Table to make the reservation at this establishment. Of course the outside ambiance right on the lake with all it's activities and cooling breeze made it a delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Bufflehead Tapas Room - Penticton Lakeside Resort reviews archive.
- all around good!luvfoodDined on 7/18/2014Good service and food, nice atmosphere, good appies, salads,and pasta dishes were generous and filling.Special Features:
- Anniversary at the Buffleheadtwo4lifeDined on 7/14/2014Celebrating another milestone in our life; we enjoyed the relaxing, elegant atmosphere while dinning on delicious tapas, entres topped with a fine wine. Our server, made our dining experience very enjoyable with making sure everything was to our desire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceSistersDined on 7/7/2014My sister and I dined on the beautiful patio. The service was great, the patio was beautifully located with a water view.Special Features:
- Food was drastic disappointment.DisappointedDined on 6/15/2014We have been there before, it has been our restaurant of choice for special occasions. Wow, what a change. Menu items we have previously enjoyed have been reduced in quality and amount and taste, even the wine list was disappointing. Waitress told us they were trying to clear out their wines, what exactly did that mean? If the wines aren't the quality expected in the restaurant, then "clear them out" by reducing the price. Antipasto tray was something I have never experienced, every item was pickled, no yummy roasted veges or tempting meats. Very odd and not tasty! Won't be back.Special Features:
- FoodCharDined on 5/30/2014The appetizers were very very good the price and amount of food Great! Then it came to the main ...you ran out of the special at around 7:30 ....very early !!! My pasta dish not good at all the marinara sauce actually tasted canned,sorry and the prawns were just kind of average ...will try you again because the appys were sooo good!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Night Outgoodcompany2Dined on 3/26/2014Fantastic evening, good food, good company, great presentation. Somewhat noisy - hard to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience & Single MaltspgvisitorDined on 3/22/2014Bufflehead has a pleasant professor's club feel, with comfortable furniture and views of the patio and lake. Generally, it was quiet enough for a peaceful dinner, but one large noisy party spoiled that peace for 90 min. There is a rare list of different premium single malt scotch whiskies, although I felt the "dram" volume served was low. In the Okanagan valley, I'm aware of no other restaurant/public club bar with such choices. Service was adequate and the dinner menu had interesting choices, complimented by vegetables supposedly from an early Spring local garden, like parsnips and leeks pleasantly presented with a wild salmon fillet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unwind, Enjoy the viewritj2VIPDined on 10/20/2013A lovely way to end your evening with either delicious Appies or dinner. Great beverage list, prompt, friendly service and a spectacular viewSpecial Features:
- everything excellent except foodtravellersDined on 9/25/2013The atmosphere and the service was fabulous! We found the food to be extremely disappointing. Bland and tasteless. Neither my husband or I finished our meal. He ordered ravioli and I ordered canaloni. We even switched plates to try to finish our meals but still founds the plates to be not worth eating. Luckily both plates were not expensively priced.Special Features:
- Reasonably priced and tastycuriousjDined on 9/15/2013We dined here after 7pm on two consecutive nights. We enjoyed a lovely ambiance, with helpful, friendly staff and very tasty meals. Seasoning was perfect, veggies and pasta included with mains. Went outside after the meal to drink wine on the patio-nice music and lighting. Romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a tough time gettingBraumaDined on 8/3/2013We had a tough time getting a taxi to the restaurant. The staff were Excellent and held our table for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff - food a bit off-pointbbsunDined on 7/28/2013Very good service but food out of kitchen was not on-point as I ordered the pasta special and tomatoes were missing and it needed seasoning ie. a lot of salt. The Manager was very good and comp'd the entre. I would also pass on the oysters but pizzas are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but a great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2013Indoor outdoor restauranr on the water. Great location. Waitress was friendly but very busy and her tables seemed to be all over the restaurant. The poor waitresses had very limited menues so were scrambling to find them and bring to new customers who were waiting. Restaurant might need some front of the house management. The veal and chicken were ok. Veal needed sauce and the pasta that came with both dishes seemed like it sat for awhile as it was dry too. Woukd go back for apps and wine to enjoy the view.Special Features:
- A Little DisappointedKylaDined on 6/19/2013A group of my friends and I come from Summerland to attend the ladies Nights, and have always had great experiences. This time, we were disappointed because the fashion show was a huge debacle and our server was rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night Spectacular!KylaDined on 6/5/2013A group of Summerland ladies came for a night out, and we had the best time! Having 2 for 1 appies and $5 martinis was AMAZING! The fashion show was super fun, and one of our ladies won a purse, so we were very happy for her! The food was a little delayed in coming out, but once we got it, it was delicious! Our server was fantastic, but obviously had too many tables to serve, but she split up our bill the way we wanted it, and she was very friendly! We are going to the next ladies Night, and the only thing we would give us feedback, is to have Ladies Night every month of the year, because we would be there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were 4 of us eating.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2013There were 4 of us eating. We all had appies which were very tasty. We all Ordered different entries and we all found them Very bland and flavorless
- we had great service- nonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013we had great service- non intrusive yet very attentive server,excellent food, great for small intimate gatherings love coming to this spot, see you again real soonSpecial Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013The food was very good and reasonably priced. I would recommend the veal scallopini. Also if you are looking for a nice refreshing summer drink try the Raspberry mohito.Special Features:
- It's a cozy gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013The service is great and the location is outstanding! Prices are reasonable for the quality of the Bufflehead! Love it!!Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We had a very enjoyable evening and the food was great.Special Features:
- Ladies NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013That particular evening I found the food and beverage to be great. The service to me seemed a little inexperienced but pleasant. The venue for that evening had too late of a start for me, but once stated was very good. I really enjoy the ladies nights.Special Features:
- We did ask for a certain ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/10/2013We did ask for a certain Chef and she was off, but they phoned us twice to let us know and we really appreciated that. The waitress was good but became very busy and we waited a long time from our appey to the main. Plus we waited even longer for our bill. They did comp us a round of drinks whioh we also appreciate but I don't think we'll go back. The Chef they are losing is a real great Chef that should have been put on the front line from the get-go. We wish her every success.
- Excellent dinner. We cameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012Excellent dinner. We came for the casino special and the food was fantastic. The heated dinner-plates are rarely used and this is a very nice touch. Well done!Special Features:
- fast efficient service.....friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012fast efficient service.....friendly but not where it was unconfortable service from the service person.....Special Features:
- The service was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2012The service was extremely slow and the waiters were inattentive. The food was good, but they seems disorganized. Food that was ordered as a main course was brought out with appetizers. Main courses were delivered over an hour after being seated. We even tried the place twice to give it a second chance, but the service was just as bad the second time. We did dine later in the evening so perhaps they are more organized if you go earlier.
- Slow service didn't ruin itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2012We found that the food was excellent (had the homemade meatballs & cannelloni), but the service was too slow. our waitress was very nice and spent time talkin with us but it was way too long in between stops by our table. Our drinks took forever. But that was my only complaint. We loved the food, the view, and the atmosphere! It may have just been a bad night where they got caught understaffed, but they definitely could've used another waitress or two so everyone had less tables to work with.Special Features:
- Was expecting a more quietDarlaDined on 8/11/2012Was expecting a more quiet atmosphere; but should have known since it is at a waterfront resort. Good food, great dining for groups with outside lounge seating.Special Features:
- Chef Boy R D RulesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2012Waiting 50 minutes for something that Chef boy r d would say is just OK.... Is not acceptableSpecial Features:
- Buffelheads disaster..OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/6/2012We had dinner twice at this location, over 3 days. In fact, we ate the same food both times. Service was a total disaster. Extremely slow, and when it came time to get the bill, I found myself frustrated and angry at the time that it took. - both times... Which is actually quite remarkable. The first time, I selected the Gaspatcho it was smong the best that I had ever eaten. The serving was almost too big. Second time, we booked on Open Table, and ordered the same thing - Gaspatcho and a small pizza... The Gaspatcho arrived - after a long delay. It was a tiny serving - and wasa watered down mess. It was awful. We may try the place again in a year, but for now it is off our list. There are better places to eat in Penticton
- When our server was with usOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2012When our server was with us she was great. But she seemed more concerned about her large group than us, forgetting about us a few different times. Frustrating because we were sat right next to this large group and literally ended up bumping elbows with them.Special Features:
- BIG disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2012Yick. Alfredo pasta glued w flavorless cream and cheese. Roasted veggie pasta had small over cooked bits of zucchini drowned in pesto. Grilled romaine Caesar salad had no taste. Calamari was good from the tapas menu. It was not busy but the server never got back to me about a question on the wine, so I had none. Go to Hooded Merganser instead.
- This is our fourth or fifthOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2012This is our fourth or fifth visit to Bufflehead. Normally everything is GREAT. On this particular visit, the food was not good. I sent my steak back. Nevertheless, we would recommend it!Special Features:
- Mother's Day DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I took my Mother here for Mother's Day as she loves veal and tends to be quite fussy about it. She really enjoyed the meal so mission accomplished!Special Features:
- Went to ladies night, thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012Went to ladies night, there were a number of specials, local wines, overall very goodSpecial Features:
- I had the "pan seared escargot"AnneBDined on 5/4/2012I had the "pan seared escargot" and the "flat iron steak w/ roast garlic and herbs" the escargot w/lemon cream sauce tasted like they had used bottled alfredo sauce and the flat iron steak looked and tasted equally unappealing with a spoonful of oily garlic cloves and pan fried gnocchi. Very disappointing meal, a shame that the food was so bland for such a nice location!
- Lakeside Luxury and ComfortOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2012I would definitely recommend the Bufflehead. We had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- We had a lovely evening, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012We had a lovely evening, the food and ambiance was very good for the price. The only comlaint would be the seating. We found the chairs a little bit uncomfortable to sit in.Special Features: