1520 Olympic Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buffaloclub.com/
- Phone: 310-450-8600x1
- Hours of Operation:
KITCHEN: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday & Friday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 6:30pm -11:00pm
BAR: Tuesday - Thursday 6pm-Close*
Friday - 6pm-2am
*Bar may close 30-60 min after kitchen closes
IROQUOIS ROOM: Thursday-Saturday 6:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Patrick Healy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for outside events, The Buffalo Club prepares Patrick Healy's signature dishes at your home or party venue and coordinates all details, including rentals, floor plans, staffing, decor, music, parking and anything else you may need to make it memorable.
- Entertainment: LATE NIGHT
Friday nights the courtyard is alive with the world beats of international DJs. Enjoy an exquisite meal at The Iroquois Room or the Garden Courtyard and stay for the music, or meet some friends for a drink and dance the night away.
If you cannot join us for dinner, you may make reservations for bottle service tables so you and your guests can enjoy cocktails and music together at your own table
MIXOLOGY – BAR PROGRAM
Our mixologist, Brendan Reynolds, has created custom cocktail menus, unique each to the Iroquois Room and the Garden Courtyard.
Visit our web site or like us on Facebook for more information!
- Special Events: Join us for the COURTYARD COCKTAIL HOUR Tues. - Friday from 6pm to 8pm. Glass of wine $8, cocktaills $6 &beer $5. Cocktail Hour small plates, $8 each.
A word from Buffalo Club
Established in 1994 by Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning writer Anthony Yerkovich, and featuring the internationally-renowned cuisine of Executive Chef/Partner Patrick Healy. Visit www.buffaloclub.com for more information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buffalo Club reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (4)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Never DissapointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/2/2014This is my favorite go to restaurant. Absolutely love the food & atmosphere. Service is always greatSpecial Features:
- Big letdownConConDined on 9/10/2014I had heard great things of the BC but after ordering for 7 people we were all left hungry and broke. The portions are a joke. And the flavors didn't make up for it. Highly suggest going for a drink and grabbing food elsewhere. We went and got pizza afterwards.Special Features:
- Could be betterMrgoodtimeDined on 8/23/2014Great food, service was good but it could be better. For the money you spent I expected a polished staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffalo Club garden partySnerDined on 8/21/2014This place was a sleeper for us. We never knew the garden was there and so much fun. The menu is unusual and eclectic. The food was excellent. The inside restaurant was almost empty, but the garden was a party!Special Features:
- Noisy but nice!BritdinerDined on 8/21/2014We chose to return to the garden for our anniversary dinner because we remembered the low-key, romantic ambiance from previous visits. On arrival we were shocked as we walked, literally, into the middle of a noisy, youth-oriented bar scene that dominated the garden area. The manager must have recognized that we didn't fit and immediately led us to a relatively secluded table at the back of the garden where normal conversation was possible. Despite our initial misgivings and the persistent loud music, we enjoyed our evening because the service was attentive and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Cold EntreesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/1/2014Food was brought out cold, then reheated in the microwave and brought out again. They offer both menus outside but once you order from one you can't order from the other. Good atmosphere but would only go for drinks as that can't be screwed up.
- The following 170 reviews are from the Buffalo Club reviews archive.
- always specialpianomanDined on 5/27/2014The Buffalo Club makes even a routine business dinner seem like a special event.Special Features:
- Atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphereLalaEatsDined on 5/24/2014Phenomenal outdoor garden experience. Perfect for a special occasion. Charming and romantic. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Worst food I've had in a long time. I ordered lamb shank and it was not a lamb shank, just some rare slices of lamb. I sent it back for more fire and then the whole meal came back ice cold. I took one bite and pushed it aside. They gave us a "free" dessert to compensate. I will never eat here again.
- Hidden TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Great experience overall. The outdoor dining was great accompanied by cool tunes. Thanks to the bartender in improvising and making a cocktail that is not offered there. Kudos!Special Features:
- Pretty PerfectGoodVIPDined on 4/26/2014When you pull up to this restaurant, you'll be confused. Seriously understated. Looks shady... but enter the side door and you enter a world you never expected. The outdoor area is filled with flowers, candles and is so inviting. We opted to eat inside and wow! It's like an olde world tap room... dark wood, Sinatra playing, wait staff ready and willing to make your dinner memorable. It's not cheap food, but so worth the price in flavours and presentation. I recommend the halibut with artichokes... melts in your mouth! And you MUST order the Buffalo Bar dessert. Light and dark chocolate, hazelnuts, and marshmallows... absolute heaven! LOVED this gem!!! Oh, and our waiter looked like a young Robert Downey Jr... an added bonus :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal, Wonderful SettingNYCtoCALIDined on 4/17/2014I hadn't been to the Buffalo Club but had heard a lot about it over the years, and decided to try it out with my husband. We went on a Thursday evening and found a great spot for an intimate dinner. The food was delicious, well thought-out and beautifully presented, and they had an excellent wine selection (VERY notable vintages) to pair nicely with our meal. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful in putting together a great menu for us, and the atmosphere is a rare find these days: classy, quiet, really wonderful for people who appreciate great food and wine and want to hear themselves talk! Everyone at Buffalo Club was very professional, the manager made us feel welcome and special, and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very SadKerralVIPDined on 3/25/2014Had not been to this restaurant for a few years. My pleasant memories of this are now destroyed. Would highly not recommend for food or ambience. But the service was good.
- Worth a visit or two...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/11/2014This place has been here for almost 20 years. If you haven't tried it yet, go! If you haven't been back in many years, go! The Garden Courtyard is vibrant, romantic and beautiful (and am told it will be even better when the tent comes down near the end of April, as seen on their website). It's also a big space, so there are plenty of tables and bar seating. Inexpensive wines, decent beer selection and fantastic cocktail offerings. They also have a gorgeous inside dining room called the Iroquois Room. A super stylish room with a more upscale menu than in the courtyard, can't wait to dine in there!Special Features:
- Buffalo Club -- what happened?REVIEWVIPDined on 3/7/2014My wife and I ate at the Buffalo Club this weekend for the first time in several years. We were quite disappointed. The staff was uninformed and ill-prepared. Two waiters were arguing over who got to serve us. The food was mediocre at best. We ended up leaving most of it. The restaurant was half empty, yet they seated us in the corner next to a bar the busboys were noisily trying to stock before, I assume, the restaurant was transformed into a dance club. This used to be a first rate dining spot. It now seems to be a club that also serves food before the action starts. I actively recommend NOT going there if you have any discerning food tastes at all.
- Great spot!BlinkDedeckerDined on 2/15/2014Fun, authentic vibe - definitely will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, but thedatenightDined on 2/14/2014The food was good, but the service was lacking. I know it's Valentines day are the place is busy, considering they had a limited menu, which I thought was a good idea. The server came by our table an hour after ordering to ask if we had received our main dish? Which we had not, then after an additional 10 mins we finally received our order. People who had sat down after had received their meal, so it was a little disappointing considering the increased prices for the meal. I don't know if I'll ever go back there for a normal occasion but I definitely won't return on a busy night like that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dining Experience EverPeterVIPDined on 2/14/2014I went to the Buffalo Club for Valentine's Day. This was not my first visit but I fear it will be my last. The service was the worst I have experienced in 25 years of dining in this area. It ook over 3 hours to get 3 out of 4 courses.I politely complained to the maitr'd. I also mentioned that is was really cheesy to be removing tables from the dining area in anticipation of the late night crowd (not there for food but drinking/dancing. )No sooner had he left than the table right next to mine was taken away. At this point, I asked for the check, paid and then the dessert arrived. I told them to keep it. The comping of 2 drinks was a nice gesture but could not possibly make up for the total ineptidude and thinly veiled lack of concern. $95?
- Food and service were solid.cjbtoonzVIPDined on 12/18/2013Food and service were solid. A little annoying that we specifically asked for a quiet/isolated table, and (althought the room was half empty) we were seated next to a party of 15-20 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemlittlegDined on 11/21/2013Buffalo Club is a great all around experience. I went to the garden courtyard section, where the menu consists of smallish bites. They have a more formal dining room as well with a different menu. Service was great - the host and staff were so gracious all night. The garden courtyard is cute, there is a big bar and lots of seating area, but the tables are still spread apart enough that you have a nice amount of privacy. Randomly, the music selection was really good! My favorite order was the tuna tartare, but everything we ordered was very tasty, especially the NY steak with yummy french fries. This was my first time here but I will be back for more tartare and awesome ambiance soon.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotFiferDined on 11/8/2013This has been around forever but it's a hidden gem. Many folks don't know it's open for lunch but it is and it's terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeTents1Dined on 9/4/2013Great surprise! fabulous food and service was outstanding. Unique menu, all very good.Special Features:
- I've been to the Buffalo ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2013I've been to the Buffalo Club a few times - exceptional location, fabulous food and fantastic wine. This particular visit recently brought about all of those things with one exception: the service, while normally is on par, was not impressive in any regard. I'm not sure why it was so on this night - the staff wasn't as friendly, nor were they quick to respond to any request. We were left abandoned after our hostess seated us for several minutes... wondering... if they knew we were there. Seriously, the wine connoisseur is the saving grace of this place every time we visit. I'll drink anything that guy brings out and the wine is reason enough to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not particularly impressedRosieBVIPDined on 7/31/2013Not particularly impressed with Patrick Healy's small-plate menu; nothing conventional for "regular food" dining.Special Features:
- Not great for lunchwestwardDined on 7/25/2013Went for the first time for a work lunch after hearing great things. Thinking this place is better suited for an after work drinks/snacks stop. Patio is nice but umbrellas everywhere blocked the view. Food was not spectacular. In fact, it was all rather bland. Drinks were good and they had a heavy pour for my wine, which was nice. Again, probably a bad choice for lunch but would try it again for drinks in the evening.Special Features:
- Arrogantly HiddenLuv2cookDined on 7/2/2013Buffalo Club is a great restaurant, but it is interesting how they try to hard to hide themselves. Summer is great at the Buffalo Club because you can only eat outside. The menu is a series of small plates which is slightly annoying. They might want to think about at least having 10 or 15 items that are full size plates for those who don't like to share. The small plate menu is priced easy to understand. The appetizer types are only $7/plate, the entree types are $14 and the sides are $7. Overall it is a good experience and worth the money. Give it try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio and Tapas DiningWasToldThereWouldBeSteakDined on 6/22/2013Open Table provided a link to the Iroquois room menu, which looked excellent. Upon arrival we were seated in the Garden Courtyard, which is a large outdoor patio with a covered bar. The Garden Courtyard serves a completely different menu than the Iroquois room. By visiting Buffalo Club's own website, we learned that reservations for the Iroquois room are by telephone only and cannot be made online. So why put the menu on Open Table? We were informed by the waiter that food was tapas style, so we ordered a variety of plates. The food was good, the service was slow. Had I expected a patio and tapas, I probably would have been satisfied.Special Features:
- Good food slow serviceGStumpVIPDined on 6/19/2013Food was good service was slow, our main dish came out before our appetizer, a bit pricy for the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?breadandwineDined on 6/5/2013I haven't eaten at the Buffalo Club for a few years and really wish I would have read the most recent yelp reviews prior to booking there. Things have really changed. The service was slow and the food was poor. Crab cakes were fishy (I have never eaten a fishy crab cake in LA!), the salad was limp and bland of flavor, the falafeh, "bizarre". On a positive note, the salmon was yummy. One person in our party of 6 commented that it seemed like a restaurant that was just running out their lease--going through the motions waiting to close. If so...it makes sense, if not, I hope they do some serious reassessing to bring things back around.
- Buffalo Club Los AngeleesAugustus1234Dined on 6/5/2013Poor service at opening of restaurant at noon. Outside dining. Heaters didn't work.. Food delicious though.Special Features:
- Not the Buffalo Club of OldOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/28/2013I suggested this for a business dinner and was so embarrassed with the evening. The once charming patio was battered and worn out and we were the only people there. While the food was good, it was not memorable. Sorry, but I have to take this off one of my favorite places and won't be returning.
- What were we thinking coming here?cathychouVIPDined on 5/24/2013We chose to be inside. The wine list had not been updated, the selection of hard liquor was limited . The service was hardly professional. We were laughing at the continued back and forth from the waiter who had not clue about either the wines and liquor, nor the menu. When the food actually appeared, it was quite good but not as good as the prices were high. Outside, it was deafening and energetic. It is definitely a scene for the young and hip. We are adults and this is not the place for us! We will not return.Special Features:
- Lovely place but lets down in...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/16/2013Execution. Lovely dining area outside with a big bar. Valet parking and street parking available. Food is pretty good, although slightly expensive for what you get. Our waiter was nice enough to begin with but was totally distracted with long conversations with the bartender and then the hostess. We poured our own wine several times and the bus boy served us more than our waiter. Oh well. Another SM restaurant ends in disaopointment.Special Features:
- The first two things on themljgalVIPDined on 5/3/2013The first two things on the menu we ordered where not available. The manager ended up taking our order because the waiter disappeared. We waited 20 minutes to get out salads. The table next to us the man tried to explain that what was put in front of him was not what he ordered. He was told that it was and the waiter walked away. The man actually laughed and ate the food because I am sure he had to wait as long as we did. My pasta was overcooked and my friend ordered a wrap which was more like a deep fried egg roll. We never saw the waiter again and had to go to the front of the restaurant and request our check from the manager. Even the valet was nowhere to be found when we tried to leave. I had look for him in the restaurant.
- we had a bad waiter but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2013we had a bad waiter but the rest of the staff was outstanding. great placeSpecial Features:
- What happened to the Buffalo Club?WallStSMDudeDined on 4/13/2013Used to be a great spot to hang out. Maybe it's the rennovations taking place, but went there on a Saturday night and it was dead. Switched the food to tapas style and the drinks were decent. One table had their kid show up in his little league baseball uniform which I don't mind when I go to CPK, but not at this place.
- Buffalo Club has always beenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2013Buffalo Club has always been one of my favorites but last two experiences were way below par. Lamb was great, but steak was average. Service was poor and for these prices I expect a lot more. Probably be a while before I go back!
- worst service and there wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013worst service and there were very few customers. No reason to wait over 1 hour for food and staff just standing around and then we asked manager about wait, he said they were sorry but kitchen was busy....who were they serving...take out??Special Features:
- Still good - but not the same.SharkmanVIPDined on 3/13/2013I haven't been to the Buffalo Club for several years and, I must say, it is showing its age. The furniture is ratty here and there and the menu has taken an unfortunate step backwards. The once gorgeous chicken pot pie entree is now a little starter that does come close to the original. On the plus side was the first rate service. Our server and the manager was very nice and attentive. And with nightfall the tattered furniture is less noticeable and the space returns to one of the Westside's most romantic. So, to sum up, nice enough place, but don't expect the Buffalo Club of old.Special Features:
- Been a while since I was atJudyDined on 1/29/2013Been a while since I was at this place, but decided to give it a shot during DineLA week. This is one of those Emperor's New Clothes places - lots of hype and not much to back it up. The service was friendly and attentive but the food was just mediocre - not bad, but nothing distinguished. It was an okay lunch for $15.00, but I'd never return for a $$$$ meal.