282 Franklin St.
Buffalo, NY 14202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buffalochophouse.com/
- Phone: 716-842-6900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eric Nessa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Buffalo Chophouse
Buffalo Chophouse is Buffalo’s premier steakhouse, serving the best USDA Prime steaks in the region. We offer our guests a 5-star dining experience from our knowledgeable service staff and superior-caliber chefs. We are located in the heart of Buffalo’s theater district and in close proximity to the Buffalo Convention Center, as well as First Niagara Center. We are the perfect place to begin your evening, celebrate a special occasion, or simply treat yourself to a fabulous dining experience. Be sure to make a selection from our wine list, and indulge in a delicious dessert!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buffalo Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)romantic (10)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Top notchRwoodcpDined on 10/18/2014From food, service, atmospher this is a first class venue. Not inexpensive but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeDined on 10/11/2014Food and service was outstanding. First floor was energetic and I would suggest you ask for a table away from the hostess station if you are looking for a quieter dining experience on the first floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfull eveningMikeDined on 10/1/2014We had a wonderfull evening, the food was wonderfull and the staff was awesome, the Chop House is a special place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGoodFoodDined on 9/28/2014New chef, new menu, same prices. The veal chop was so fatty and undercooked that it was inedible. The bone in filet lost its overwhelming awesomeness to become just another piece of meat. The shrimp appetizer was tough and tasteless. What happened? This used to be Buffalo's best place to treat clients and family when I was in town. Not now.Special Features:
- Pricy, but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014If it's dinner for 2, you're spending $100+...Worth every penny though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just the sameGregDined on 9/19/2014Was outstanding but noticed a few changes in several areas which have reduced down my rating to good.........you make the call and see for yourself.Special Features:
- still a great streaksunshineVIPDined on 8/28/2014we returned back after having a great meal this winter. The restaurant is in the middle of renovations so we sat upstairs. It was lovely. THe renovations will be fabulous-we were even offered a tour by the manager. The streaks were delicious-the service terrific the only disappointment was the wedge salad-not as good as the first time everything else was perfect the potatoes au gratin were still mouth watering great night-great food-great serviceSpecial Features:
- Love the atmosphere!Catherien7168Dined on 8/19/2014Buffalo Chophouse is one of my three favorite restaurants - I love the old wood and tapestries, the service is always excellent and so are the steaks of course! They are preparing to do some major renovations because the restaurant is getting worn so we are looking forward to see whats next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceColee929Dined on 7/19/2014Had dinner here for my 10 year wedding anniversary. The food was exceptional. We enjoyed oysters from Prince Edward Island, two salads one wedge and one beet salad, and main courses that consisted of a filet and lobster dish with Demi glacé sauce, and another of the porterhouse with a bernasie sauce. Both cooked to perfection! We shared sides of asparagus and twice baked potatoes and the portions were enough to feed 2 more people. Overall, I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great meal and dining experience. They pay great attention to details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteaksJoeyVIPDined on 7/7/2014Steaks were over salted! The service was outstanding and the wine list great! Cut down on the salt and it would have been outstanding! Tuna and apps were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 199 reviews are from the Buffalo Chophouse reviews archive.
- Spot on!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014Everything was fantastic. Attentive service. Excellent food quality...especially the steak. Love the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Buffalo Chophouse is very expensive on food that is generally easy to prepare just as well at home. It's just steak. The service is average at best and for these kinds of prices it needs to be far better. The location is nice but that's about it.
- GraceDined on 5/28/2014This restaurant is very expensive and Im not sure it's really worth the money. I husband loved his steak and my fish was well cooked, but everything else was pretty unexceptional.Special Features:
- orlandoDined on 5/24/2014Overall it was a very nice experience. It would be nice to have a ice bucket for our wine. The food was great and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always...BfloBrnDined on 5/23/2014Great atmosphere, great service, great food...consistency in all aspects.Special Features:
- Showing off Buffalo DiningUncleBDined on 5/13/2014I had a "just married" couple visiting from Latin America. From start to finish the experience was great. We got there a little bit early and had a drink at the bar. We each had a glass of wine while waiting for another guest. The wine was excellent. The service could not have been better. The steaks we had were all cooked exactly as ordered. Great food and great service. The 9 layer chocolate cake for "two" could feed five and was excellent. Definitely one of the top couple of steak houses in Buffalo !Special Features:
- Great service and food.DarnelleDined on 5/3/2014We love Buffalo Chophouse. It's always consistent. Very romantic atmosphere. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightLovelyDined on 5/2/2014I took my husband of 21 years out on a date, yes a date we do it once a month, he loves ribeye steak and this was the place to go, it is very expensive, but worth the money for a special occasion. I would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for steak in Buffalo.N2P2Dined on 4/19/2014First time visiting Chophouse and I was satisfied with my experience. For the cost and comparing my experiences in NYC or Philly, the meat does not hold up. I do not plan on going back.
- Everything was perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014Per usual, our dining experience at Buffalo Chophouse was wonderful! I had asked to be seated upstairs when I made the reservation and my request was honored. Our steaks were cooked to perfection, my husbands request for double potatoes was followed through on and most notably, our server Matt was outstanding. After we were seated and Matt came over to introduce himself, we looked at each other and at the same time exclaimed that we had been customers of his before. That was at least six months prior! Highly recommend the chocolate volcano cake - and its enough for two to share! The chopped salad has been tweaked to update it a bit and that too was delicious. Gotta love Chophouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice meal on a nasty night....WirelessmanDined on 3/29/2014We were quickly seated near a window on the second floor, which enabled us to view the sleet & freezing rain piling up outside on the cars in the parking lot. We started with the baby spinach salad with bacon wrapped sea scallops - they were very very fresh & tasty, a nice start to the meal. For our entree, we chose the Chateau Briand for 2, medium rare. The plates arrived hot to the touch & we pleased to find a generous portion of the most tender & tasty filet we could imagine. The filets were accompanied by grilled brussels sprouts and were an excellent addition to a great meal. Overall, a great meal at a nice restaurant, another nice touch is the complimentary valet, we waited in the warm vestibule while he fetched the car.Special Features:
- Disappointed With Buffalo ChophouseHappyCouple2014Dined on 2/22/2014we were very lucky to have a table overlooking the banister all the other table were very smooched together, food was presented like a $10.00 dinner we were very disappointed in The Buffalo Chophouse and will not return
- Food was good. Lobster bisqueSawItAteItDined on 2/9/2014Food was good. Lobster bisque was delightful on a cold winter night. My guest did not enjoy the wedge salad - the presentation looked as if they took a half head of lettuce and plopped it on the plate. The blue cheese dressing had a weird taste. Would definitely not order that again, unless sharing it with 3-4 people. RSpecial Features:
- Loved the evening. VegetablesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/27/2014Loved the evening. Vegetables and salads were fantastic. ( I'm a vegetarian). I was pleasantly surprised by all the vegetable options.Special Features:
- First time hereTheNativeTouristDined on 1/15/2014This was my first time ever going to the Buffalo Chophouse, and it will not be my last. Valet parking was free and very fast, we were seated immediately, and our waiter Scott was amazing. Food was delicious and huge portions. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchGregDined on 1/15/2014Consistently outstanding. All around best steak house in Buffalo and possibly nationwide.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2014We went to the bar before dinner to have a drink. The bartender (Curtis) was very friendly and helpful with recommendations. We had a good time at the bar, our table service was excellent and the food very very good. I have heard that the Chophouse is so expensive. We found it to be no more expensive than any other fine dining restaurant and the food was excellent as well. The sides were plenty for 2 and the waiter was nice enough to tell us soSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Christmas DinnerLoveJMDined on 12/25/2013It was one of the better restaurants open on Christmas. The food was good and the ambiance was even better. It is relatively quiet and not a bad place for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas EveLauraDined on 12/24/2013We have been dining at the Cop House every Christmas Eve for years. Always great food and special evening. One of Buffalo's best. Our server this year was not prompt with keeping up with our beverages.Special Features:
- great steak but a bit pretentiousluauDined on 12/24/2013They served up great steaks, made perfect martinis. Portions are generous. A red meat kind of experience. I did find the service, though up to par as expected for this price range, to be a bit on the pretentious side. This is only a personal taste. Many people probably welcome that kind of service, while I prefer atmosphere that is a bit more congenial.Special Features:
- YUMMYpegalDined on 12/20/2013Great food, great waiter, and in all a great experience!Special Features:
- Excellent but Expensive!AshmanDined on 12/20/2013The food was exactly what you would expect from a steakhouse - very good steak. The wife thought her prime rib to be average. The valet guys were quick and courteous. Sadly, our Groupon basically covered the tip but after reading other reviews we expected that. I'd like to go back but it is definitely a special occasion restaurant. What we spent here could cover 3 meals at another restaurant but boy was it good!Special Features:
- food and service were excellent.Mabel007Dined on 12/17/2013food and service were excellent. Perhaps a little over priced but very good food.Special Features:
- Private Xmas PartyJimmyeatsDined on 12/14/2013My wife and I had a great evening at the Chop House on Saturday for our private Xmas Party. Had a drink at the bar and ended up dining at the bar because of Curtis. Curtis is very knowledgeable, very personable and made us feel comfortable. So we decided to dine at the bar. Again, a very nice evening. If there was anything that could use improvement, it would be the French fries. They are cut too small, and by the time they get to the table and sit for a few minutes, they are cold. Go with a larger steak fry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new find.Nevan3Dined on 12/7/2013Comparable to the best prime steakhouses anywhere. The steaks are wet-aged prime beef and they prepare them perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinnerHappy2dineDined on 12/3/2013We were happy that we could make our reservation online. When we arrived, we were pleasantly greeted by the hostess who showed us to a lovely table next to a window overlooking the parking lot & Shea's. Our waiter was pleasant and helpful. We wanted to spend a quiet, non-stressed evening eating our meal and we got just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Really sure how i feelGreek1Dined on 11/30/2013The service was definitely not up to standards for a restaurant like that . For what you pay , there should be top quality service . The manager that night did not check in once. The steak was not bad and after they sent my cold steak back , the warmer one was better. Some were too tough and we mentioned that but stayed with the steak we had Good wine selection and my favorite side was the cream corn. The baked potatoes were under cooked. If this is as good as gets in Buffalo then you have a lot of work to do. Jeff Ruby's in Cincinnati is known for great food and even better service. It is possible i would give them another chance and i believe there is potential.
- Best Steak in Buffalo!!!!LT023Dined on 11/23/2013The food was absoulutwly amazing...by far the best steak I have had in Buffalo. The service was excellent. I would recommend to anyone. VERY pricey but worth every penny....:-). If you are a first timer to the restaurant just know that the steaks are al carte meaning what you are paying for is the meat alone, the sides are separate so plan on spending when you dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service -friendly patronsPMEdDined on 11/23/2013Chris, our server, was very attentive and steak were perfectly prepared. Quality has a price but all was worth it.Special Features:
- Chop House SlidesFoodieDined on 11/20/2013Although the steak was wonderful and great, the place itself -- having not been there in a couple of years has gone way down hill interns of its original pristine, nature, quality & pride. Duct tape on the edge of steps on a carpet has NO place in an establishment of this price and level. The Bartender was AT BEST inattentive. The Waiter was very good. The Steaks were wonderful but the sides simply good not up to the quality they should be. Overall it was like visiting a grandparent who, once was vital and energetic but has begun the inevitable decline towards demise.Special Features: