1240 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bufadpizza.com/
- Phone: (215) 238-9311
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: starting at 11:00am
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: until 10:00pm Friday-Saturday until 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Lauren Weitman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: Please contact us for more information for private parties and special events catering.
A word from Bufad
Bufad is a Neapolitan Pizzeria with a focus on seasonal and local ingredients. Our menu consists of Neapolitan whole pies and Roman-style slices with complementing seasonal small plates and salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bufad reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (8)romantic (6)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Our Special PlaceNickGJDined on 10/31/2014This is truly a neighborhood gem. The menu is amazing and always changing. It is always our favorite place to go in Philly - sorry big name places - but this is our special spot. Just drop by and ask the staff to what they'd recommend. They've never missed.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceMikeDined on 10/19/2014Fantastic food and very friendly people. All of Mike's restaurants are amazing. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best pizza in the citysjskierVIPDined on 9/21/2014sure it's hipster pizza, but it's amazing hipster pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crust superMarthaDined on 8/31/2014I have been waiting for a long time to finally get here. I was not dissappointed. Pizza crust was perfect and so was the pizza. The appie with Barrata was to die for.Special Features:
- Great Pizza w/ over the top serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful place with a great selection of pizzas plus more. Loved the octopus and the burrata apps. Good selection of seasonal pizza. Place really excels at very friendly, warm and welcoming service. A must try. Plus easy parking...even at 8 on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Great Lunch at BufadBaltPhillyFoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014We started off with the arugula salad and the burrata salad. Both were excellent, the burrata paired with the roasted vegetables was on point and they complimented each other nicely. The arugula salad was great and you might think that there's tomato on it but it's actually watermelon which goes to perfect with goat cheese and pistachios that I don't want it any other way now. For pizza we went with the margherita pizza and the special white pizza they had with came with housemade fennel sausage that had a good bit of red pepper in it, I also added a fried egg to it. The pizza was legit, this place is SPQR certified so you know that they take their pizza seriously. I did try dessert, the cinnamon panna cotta with peaches, very good.Special Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the Bufad reviews archive.
- Good pizzaXxxxxxxDined on 7/25/2014The food was good. Pizza was great, hidden gem was the sorbet. Try the dessert. Don't get too fancy and you're fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza fit for snobsCrusaderowl24Dined on 7/19/2014Entered Bufad with wife and 2 kids under 3yo. Expected a solid pizza and was not disappointed. Manager/host was pleasant and accommodating of our group without a hint of disappointment that we often get now for bringing kids. On the contrary, he was loving the company. Waiter followed suit and could not have been more awesome. It was a Sunday and business was average so I can only assume this is the reason we were given a free appetizer. Overall, pizza was awesome and service was unbelievably friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Philly's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/13/2014There are, of course, many choices for pizza in metro Philly and we've tried (and like) most of those that have garnered positive reviews and publicity, but the crust and pies at Bufad are the best we've experienced -- high praise indeed. Just sorry we didn't visit sooner.Special Features:
- Fun & TastyDisappointedVIPDined on 7/12/2014Atmosphere, friendly staff, and tasty food all adds up to a great stop. Not only was the creative pizza delicious, the arugula salad was a homerun. Very reasonably priced too.Special Features:
- Fresh, interesting and inexpensiveSouthJerseyGuyandGalDined on 7/11/2014Ventured to Bufad on a Friday after picking up a painting from a local artist. My wife & I brought a dry red wine in with us, which with our choices, a Chardonnay would have been more appropriate. We were greeted warmly when we walked in. We were a little concerned that their were only a few diners at 6pm on a Friday. But this may be more the location than anything as this neighborhood is still finding itself. Shaun was our representative for the evening, & he was fantastic, w/ a genuine enthusiasm for the establishment & their offerings. My wife & I split the antipasti, which was just perfect. We order 2 pizzas, 1 similar to a Margherita & the other consisted of corn meal & shiitake mushrooms. The later is a must have! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pizza and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/10/2014This is a great find. Amazing and different pizzas but we also had two wonderful salads. This is our second time back and the place didn't disappoint. Service was overly warm and friendly. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Bufad is fabulousSarahmceDined on 5/28/2014The food is excellent, burratta, salads, antipast, pizzas , all excellent. And tge desserts are amazing too. Friendly and knowledgable serviceSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood gemShelleylDined on 5/17/2014The food was excellent, pizzas, antipasti and delicious rhubarb cobbler and ricotta mousse. Service was superb -- very patient with a talkative group with good suggestions when we were trying to decide. Noise level made it a bit hard to hear (wish they had better sound proofing) but otherwise excellent overall.Special Features:
- PizzaJeffTrexlerVIPDined on 5/13/2014Enjoyed our first time for dinner. Enjoy the BYO aspect of the restaurant. Pizza was delicious. Salad was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- centercitygalVIPDined on 5/8/2014Pleasant neighborhood spot for pizza, salads, etc.Special Features:
- Overall Outstanding!finklaDined on 5/2/2014Bufad was incredible! Even though the space is small, we were able to reserve 2 tables next to each other for our group of 9. The waiter was fantasic, and the food was AMAZING. The little appetizers were a perfect start to our evening, and the specialty pizzas were fantastic. Our favorites were the traditional margherita pizza and the white pizza with asparagus, fontina, and egg...though all of the pizzas we got were delicious. Having a group was great because we got to try so many different things, and we loved every single thing. The waiter was very accommodating, providing wine glasses for our wine, making sure we had water all through the meal, and making excellent food suggestions. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!JandTDined on 4/25/2014Lot's of great tastes, unique appetizers, creative pizzas, a fun and delicious experienceSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Food, Great AtmospherehuffDined on 4/12/2014The food, the service and the atmosphere were all amazing. We will come back. The appetizers and the pizza were tastey and the dessert was lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nopeteVIPDined on 4/10/2014Tasty pizzas. We also had this baked eggs in tomato sauce appetizer special, which was superb. Overall in terms of the Neapolitan-style pizza places it compares to in the city (Pizzeria Vetri, Stella, Nomad, Pitruco truck), I'd put it just a shade behind each those. Still a quality dinner, though and no major complaints with the food. Service was a bit spotty. Our server gave us these containers of crushed pepper and garlic breadcrumb-type things to use as condiments on the pizzas, but there was no obvious way to transfer the condiments to the pizzas. We didn't realize until leaving, when glancing at another table, that tiny spoons were supposed to be provided to dish out of the containers.
- A little underwhelmedTINEGUNNERDined on 3/8/2014I have only been here once. I was really hyped to go. The menu looked great and I love personal gourmet pizzas. The pizzas were good but just not outstanding. The atmosphere was a little bland it being a Saturday night and it was not busy at all except for a family with children who were running around crazy - which I guess I was not expecting. It is BYOB.Special Features:
- Creative pizzas and desserts1NewZagatsGuideVIPDined on 3/8/2014loved the mushroom truffle oil pizza… and chocolate desserts! we tried both!!
- Soooo Good!aslinphillyDined on 3/1/2014This place is great! I celebrated my birthday there wiyh 14 people and it was great. The service is friendly and accomidating to large parties. After great pizza here, head over to the prohibition tap room next door.Special Features:
- great pizza consistentlynacixemVIPDined on 2/23/2014Awesome, creative, tasty pizza. Love everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh high quality ingredients.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014Fresh high quality ingredients. BYOB a nice feature. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Imressed!JAStudiosVIPDined on 2/15/2014This is a small place with great food and ambience. The service was excellent! I recommend reservations, as this place fills up quick. We went in on advice of a friend, it was well worth the drive into Philly from Bucks County for a pre show dinner. Everybody who I saw working there that evening was friendly, courteous, accommodating and a sense of pride that reflected in everything. I highly recommend Bufad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.