513 E. 6th St.
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buenosairesnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 228-2775
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Buenos Aires
Authentic and Traditional Argentinean CuisineContinued
Over 100 types of Argentinean Wine
Over 100 types of Argentinean Wine
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buenos Aires reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (18)good for groups (17)romantic (16)special occasion (14)late-night find (13)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- i definitely will return to try out other dishesSantiagoDined on 11/21/2014I love the service I would definitely come back. I have reservations and miss it because I was late and i was still able to get a table and the best thing of all is they new my name the whole time I was there. And before I forget the wine list is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Argentinean restaurant in all of NYNYMileDined on 11/19/2014My favorite Argentinean restaurant in all of NY. The only complaint is the napkins, with does prices paper is not cool!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectperfectDined on 11/17/2014My friend and I had reservations for 6:30 but due to the snowstorm in Buffalo my flight was delayed and we didn't arrive until close to 10! The staff was so accommodating and welcoming. They even gave us a complimentary appetizer of caprese salad with the best fresh mozzarella I've ever had. Dinner in general was fabulous and the dessert was even better! I'd definitely go back the next time I'm in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major service lapseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Have enjoyed this restaurant repeatedly but major service lapse at most recent visit was major disappointment.
- Buenos AiresnygirlVIPDined on 10/31/2014Enjoyed our leisurely lunch here. Service was excellent- very attentive, professional. We started with an on-the-house buffalo mozzarella and cheese(forgot what it's called) appetizer. Also, had ordered the shrimp appetizer and arugula sald. Both very good. We had the rib eyes(medium, 12 oz) and they were delicious. Lovely afternoon lunch.
- Steak for days!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/24/2014Love this place. Was introduced by an Argentinian and have brought other friends to introduce and all have loved it. it can get quite loud some nights, which can be a bummer but the quality of the steak, the empanadas and finishing with something dulce de leche is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Okay dinnerPantsVIPDined on 10/18/2014I had read on-line reviews and was expecting an outstanding steak dinner. I thought the food was okay at best, although the sauteed spinach was great, despite being a bit salty. THe steak didn't live up to our expectations. BUt the service was terrific and thanks to another reviewer we ordered a Malbec wine that was very enjoyable - many to choose from, but we took our server's suggestion (although he did offer us a taste first, which was very appreciated). We also ordered the shrimp in garlic sauce - I thought it was okay, but we all agreed that we have had much better.
- WonderfulWonderfulDined on 10/17/2014As always, when my wife and I are in NYC we make it a special occasion dinning with our daughter and her husband at your restaurant! Everything is always perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best steak in the US!pol1VIPDined on 10/13/2014the meat is imported from Uruguay (grass fed, etc) amazing meat and really great quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MeatxatfelDined on 10/13/2014All the steaks, sausages and offal were outstanding. We loved it and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing RestaurantAlexDined on 10/6/2014The meat and wine list is amazing. The service is excellent. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencescrumtiousDined on 10/4/2014We ate here after seeing reviews on other sites and very glad we did. Portion sizes were huge, food excellent and tasty. Only comments being I had the jumbo prawns and pet hate is when they do not de-vein them as hate biting into them and seeing the vein left and my steak was tad to rare but that was my issue as forget that proper cooking of steaks tends to be on the rarer side. I am sure if I had asked they would have cooked it some more but that was my mistake not the restaurants. The steaks were all beautiful and tender, service was pleasant and friendly without being over bearing. I would definitely eat there again and recommend to others but booking required I would think.Special Features:
- PazOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Very good food, nice place, a real hidden jewel. The waiters are very welcoming and the whole appearance of the restaurant makes you want to come again.Special Features:
- LO11Dined on 10/1/2014I haven't been for quite a while .. But was delighted to see it hasn't changed at all.. The food especially the steaks is outstanding.. Comparable with any of the top steak houses ( without the frou frou) the service was also great A good time was had by all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDelphineDined on 9/30/2014It was good but there's a big difference of quality between the meats. Red wine is really good. Service was long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slammin' salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014Our waiter was very good and the salmon was delectable.Special Features:
- Second time and great again!TorontoguyDined on 9/28/2014A friend and I stumbled across this place on a cold winter's night in 2012, and enjoyed an incredible meal in a vibrant, relaxed, yet sophisticated atmosphere. The food and service were outstanding! Went back again just this past weekend with my wife (as this was now only my second time in NYC, from Toronto), and we were both so pleased. The food is served quickly, and everything was just perfect! I tell anyone I know heading to NYC to check this place out, especially if you are looking to have a fantastic steak. Great wine, great food, and impeccable service. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whole experience was fantastic!HaylesDDined on 9/26/2014We came here for an 8pm Friday date night. We sat outside in the garden (we didn't even know there was a garden) and it was a gorgeous atmosphere outside. Dimly lit, romantic and you're not too close to other tables. We had emanadas (of course) and a 32oz steak to share - we were eating it for days afterwards! You have to have the Malbec, and this was the best. The bill only came to $130 plus tip - very reasonable for a 3 course steak dinner! I will be coming back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014my friends and I ate here and enjoyed the vibe of the resturaunt. We had great steaks but the accompanying side dishes fell a little short. Very good wine selction, especially if you like Argintinian reds!Special Features:
- authentic argentinean food!masquilmesDined on 9/20/2014We ordered the hot appetizer sampler with sweet bread, spicy sausage, and morcilla (blood sausage). I've been to several asados in Argentina over the last few years and this food measures up. I would say that 4 people could easily share this appetizer. We were pretty full after the appetizers, but I ordered the skirt steak anyway because I was visiting the city and was unsure of when I would be able to come back. The skirt steak was very good. I didn't order any sides with the steak and I'm glad I didn't because the meat portions are very generous and I wouldn't have room to finish it all. I was glad to see that the restaurant offers a very nice wine selection as well as Quilmes, which is essentially the Budweiser of Argentina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Entraña everU1fromSwedenDined on 9/15/2014I visit the city of Buenos Aires once a year and I always go out for a good asado. But to my surprise the best entraña I've ever eaten was in this restaurante. Whenever you crave for an excellent dish with meat this is the place to go to. The wine list is extensive with a number of well known bodegas from Mendoza and vicinity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That's what's new.. buenos Aires!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Found this place by mistake while getting lost in the east village , finally decided to give it a try .. I always am a bit cautious when eating at Latin American restaurants in manhattan because the flavors and the food are not quite similar at times.. But this one turned out to be better than any stake I had in buenos Aires - Puerto Madero .. I felt like I was back in Argentina.. The only thing I didn't have was people singing "Peron peron...!!" . Great selection of merlot's too :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in NYCBKPKDined on 9/5/2014A lot of places claim to be the best and then feel like that justifies an outrageous bill. Buenos Aires has the best steaks, the best wine and the best staff around. You can't really claim to be a steak lover without having this restaurant as one of your top picks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday no riceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I was surprised that the restaurant had different prices then online (almost double). Then they had no rice! And no mash potatoes! The menu stated dinner menu and that was only menu available at 12:30pm. Yet they dont have rice or mash potatoes until after 5pm! Had to ask for water several times and aside from our waiter being frank and honest (this was a good thing) the rest of staff seemed careless. I do not recommend.
- Looking for Dining ValuecarecaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Buenos Aires is one of our absolute best spots in NY. Whenever we visit NY, we would visit Buenos Aires. Great food, amazing service. Excellent meat, wonderful desserts, terrific wine selection. Love the place!Special Features:
- Consistent WinnerBang4MyBuckDined on 8/29/2014Buenos Aires is the perfect spot when looking for a great piece of meat. Their steaks are exquisite and the chimichurri sauce is second to none. I have never been disappointed and list them as my "must go" spot whenever in Manhattan. Their sangria is always a hit with me and my wife and I rate theirs among the best we have tried! If you want a good piece of carne, great wine, and a touch of Argentina.....Buenos Aires is a must! Buen Provecho!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Argentinian restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/24/2014I am from Argentina and I just love to come here! My favorite restaurant. Amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodk00xxDined on 8/19/2014I went here with family for a birthday dinner after seeing some reviews on yelp. When we sat down, was pleasantly surprised to see that we were offered ham samples on the house. Ordering my entree, I was grateful for the insight that the staff provided in selecting from items on their menu before I selected the skirt steak. The food was delicious and the staff were attentive to refilling our wine and water constantly. The only thing of note was that the restaurant was relatively empty when I went, though that could be indicative of the time and day of the week we went. Overall, a good experience and a place I would come back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PiliDined on 8/16/2014food was great. Service is very arrogant. They do not know how to make cocktails. Wines are excellentSpecial Features:
- Let's do it againJ2J2014Dined on 8/14/2014Definitely a very pleasant experience. Very good food, and attentive servers. Overall a fun and not overly noisy dining experience. Decor could be spruced up a bit, but charming nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time-disappointingAviviDined on 8/10/2014My fiance and I visit this restaurant around 3 years ago and really enjoyed it. We agreed that we will definitely come back. Unfortunately this time the food wasn't as great. The ribeye was flavorless and the spicy fries were disappointing. We remembered the food was excellent , and also recommended it between our friends. after this time, we agree we will not come back again. It was'nt bad, It just was'nt that good. The dessert was good though.Special Features:
- JulesdelaBocajjvvvvvvDined on 8/5/2014Que placer comer buena carne en NY! Lugar muy bonito con gente muy simpaticaSpecial Features:
- Love this placebijouDined on 8/2/2014I have been going there since 8years and this place is good always. Great food and service! We had a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 43 reviews are from the Buenos Aires reviews archive.
- Great food!tgalisVIPDined on 7/27/2014The place serves amazing steak and has a very nice wine list! We've been there several times and it's always been great. This late time the service was not good - the waiter kept forgetting orders (there were 4 of us), so one of us started eating 30 minutes later than the others. But it might have just been an accident.Special Features:
- Buenos AiresMarcLVIPDined on 7/20/2014Great steaks -- as good as any overpriced steak houses. Terrific service.Special Features:
- Accommodating serviceK1NYCDined on 7/19/2014When our group size nearly doubled at the last minute, the hostess managed to accommodate us despite the restaurant being very busy. We loved the selection of Malbecs on the wine list.Special Features:
- Delicious!AVFoodieDined on 7/15/2014The Traditional Buenos Aires skirt steak was a contender for one of the best steaks I've had in my life! My husband and I split the 32 ounce and were really excited to be able to take home what we couldn't finish so that we could have the delicious steak experience all over again. It melted in my mouth like butter! The red wine that we had with dinner was smooth and a nice compliment to the meal. Dessert (Frutilla con crema) was the right amount of sweet and a good pallet cleanser as well. Eating at Buenos Aires was a great introduction to Argentine food, and a culinary experience that will be hard to beat!Special Features:
- DisappointingmnglgrmnDined on 7/12/2014Food was "okay", nothing great. And then... My wine glass had a purple lipstick smeared all over the rim. When I asked the waiter if he could exchange it, he took the glass, left and came back in ten seconds. I really wondered if he just poured the old wine in a new glass. My friend's salad had a huge (I mean, it was the size of a fruit rollup) piece of cling wrap in it, all coated in oil and vinegar. When we told the waiter about it, he apologized and quickly brought her another salad for her. We never got an apology or an explanation from the manager of the restaurant, and we were not given anything complimentary for the inconvenience. I can pretty safely say that I will not be going back to this restaurant or recommending it again.Special Features:
- Steak NightPeterDined on 7/12/2014Food was on the money, the wine complimented the food nicely and the service was supportive. Although my t-bone steak was not quite up to top level, my wife's filet mignon was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDined on 7/11/2014Dry meats felt like was eating cold charcoal at one poing, great empanadas and wine though. Would not go there intending to do "steakhouse" dinner