513 E. 6th St.
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buenosairesnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122282775
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Buenos Aires
Authentic and Traditional Argentinean CuisineContinued
Over 100 types of Argentinean Wine
Over 100 types of Argentinean Wine
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buenos Aires reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (17)special occasion (15)good for groups (15)romantic (13)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Second time and great again!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014A friend and I stumbled across this place on a cold winter's night in 2012, and enjoyed an incredible meal in a vibrant, relaxed, yet sophisticated atmosphere. The food and service were outstanding! Went back again just this past weekend with my wife (as this was now only my second time in NYC, from Toronto), and we were both so pleased. The food is served quickly, and everything was just perfect! I tell anyone I know heading to NYC to check this place out, especially if you are looking to have a fantastic steak. Great wine, great food, and impeccable service. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic argentinean food!masquilmesDined on 9/20/2014We ordered the hot appetizer sampler with sweet bread, spicy sausage, and morcilla (blood sausage). I've been to several asados in Argentina over the last few years and this food measures up. I would say that 4 people could easily share this appetizer. We were pretty full after the appetizers, but I ordered the skirt steak anyway because I was visiting the city and was unsure of when I would be able to come back. The skirt steak was very good. I didn't order any sides with the steak and I'm glad I didn't because the meat portions are very generous and I wouldn't have room to finish it all. I was glad to see that the restaurant offers a very nice wine selection as well as Quilmes, which is essentially the Budweiser of Argentina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Entraña everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I visit the city of Buenos Aires once a year and I always go out for a good asado. But to my surprise the best entraña I've ever eaten was in this restaurante. Whenever you crave for an excellent dish with meat this is the place to go to. The wine list is extensive with a number of well known bodegas from Mendoza and vicinity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That's what's new.. buenos Aires!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Found this place by mistake while getting lost in the east village , finally decided to give it a try .. I always am a bit cautious when eating at Latin American restaurants in manhattan because the flavors and the food are not quite similar at times.. But this one turned out to be better than any stake I had in buenos Aires - Puerto Madero .. I felt like I was back in Argentina.. The only thing I didn't have was people singing "Peron peron...!!" . Great selection of merlot's too :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in NYCBKPKDined on 9/5/2014A lot of places claim to be the best and then feel like that justifies an outrageous bill. Buenos Aires has the best steaks, the best wine and the best staff around. You can't really claim to be a steak lover without having this restaurant as one of your top picks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday no riceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I was surprised that the restaurant had different prices then online (almost double). Then they had no rice! And no mash potatoes! The menu stated dinner menu and that was only menu available at 12:30pm. Yet they dont have rice or mash potatoes until after 5pm! Had to ask for water several times and aside from our waiter being frank and honest (this was a good thing) the rest of staff seemed careless. I do not recommend.
- Looking for Dining ValuecarecaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Buenos Aires is one of our absolute best spots in NY. Whenever we visit NY, we would visit Buenos Aires. Great food, amazing service. Excellent meat, wonderful desserts, terrific wine selection. Love the place!Special Features:
- Consistent WinnerBang4MyBuckDined on 8/29/2014Buenos Aires is the perfect spot when looking for a great piece of meat. Their steaks are exquisite and the chimichurri sauce is second to none. I have never been disappointed and list them as my "must go" spot whenever in Manhattan. Their sangria is always a hit with me and my wife and I rate theirs among the best we have tried! If you want a good piece of carne, great wine, and a touch of Argentina.....Buenos Aires is a must! Buen Provecho!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Argentinian restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/24/2014I am from Argentina and I just love to come here! My favorite restaurant. Amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodk00xxDined on 8/19/2014I went here with family for a birthday dinner after seeing some reviews on yelp. When we sat down, was pleasantly surprised to see that we were offered ham samples on the house. Ordering my entree, I was grateful for the insight that the staff provided in selecting from items on their menu before I selected the skirt steak. The food was delicious and the staff were attentive to refilling our wine and water constantly. The only thing of note was that the restaurant was relatively empty when I went, though that could be indicative of the time and day of the week we went. Overall, a good experience and a place I would come back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let's do it againJ2J2014Dined on 8/14/2014Definitely a very pleasant experience. Very good food, and attentive servers. Overall a fun and not overly noisy dining experience. Decor could be spruced up a bit, but charming nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time-disappointingAviviDined on 8/10/2014My fiance and I visit this restaurant around 3 years ago and really enjoyed it. We agreed that we will definitely come back. Unfortunately this time the food wasn't as great. The ribeye was flavorless and the spicy fries were disappointing. We remembered the food was excellent , and also recommended it between our friends. after this time, we agree we will not come back again. It was'nt bad, It just was'nt that good. The dessert was good though.Special Features:
- JulesdelaBocaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Que placer comer buena carne en NY! Lugar muy bonito con gente muy simpaticaSpecial Features:
- Love this placebijouDined on 8/2/2014I have been going there since 8years and this place is good always. Great food and service! We had a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!tgalisVIPDined on 7/27/2014The place serves amazing steak and has a very nice wine list! We've been there several times and it's always been great. This late time the service was not good - the waiter kept forgetting orders (there were 4 of us), so one of us started eating 30 minutes later than the others. But it might have just been an accident.Special Features:
- Buenos AiresMarcLVIPDined on 7/20/2014Great steaks -- as good as any overpriced steak houses. Terrific service.Special Features:
- Accommodating serviceK1NYCDined on 7/19/2014When our group size nearly doubled at the last minute, the hostess managed to accommodate us despite the restaurant being very busy. We loved the selection of Malbecs on the wine list.Special Features:
- Delicious!AVFoodieDined on 7/15/2014The Traditional Buenos Aires skirt steak was a contender for one of the best steaks I've had in my life! My husband and I split the 32 ounce and were really excited to be able to take home what we couldn't finish so that we could have the delicious steak experience all over again. It melted in my mouth like butter! The red wine that we had with dinner was smooth and a nice compliment to the meal. Dessert (Frutilla con crema) was the right amount of sweet and a good pallet cleanser as well. Eating at Buenos Aires was a great introduction to Argentine food, and a culinary experience that will be hard to beat!Special Features:
- DisappointingmnglgrmnDined on 7/12/2014Food was "okay", nothing great. And then... My wine glass had a purple lipstick smeared all over the rim. When I asked the waiter if he could exchange it, he took the glass, left and came back in ten seconds. I really wondered if he just poured the old wine in a new glass. My friend's salad had a huge (I mean, it was the size of a fruit rollup) piece of cling wrap in it, all coated in oil and vinegar. When we told the waiter about it, he apologized and quickly brought her another salad for her. We never got an apology or an explanation from the manager of the restaurant, and we were not given anything complimentary for the inconvenience. I can pretty safely say that I will not be going back to this restaurant or recommending it again.Special Features:
- Steak NightPeterDined on 7/12/2014Food was on the money, the wine complimented the food nicely and the service was supportive. Although my t-bone steak was not quite up to top level, my wife's filet mignon was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDined on 7/11/2014Dry meats felt like was eating cold charcoal at one poing, great empanadas and wine though. Would not go there intending to do "steakhouse" dinner
- Empanadas were spectacular!dowmouseDined on 7/8/2014And the wine was delicious to boot. It's not 5 star ambience, but it feels authentic and fun. Great place to meet up with friends for a terrific Argentine meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/7/2014Everything was wonderful! I am coming back next week.
- Fantastic FindlbreuningerDined on 7/4/2014I was looking for restaurants that were also showing the World Cup. Buenos Aires was on a long list of options. The menu looked great and the prices were reasonable. We ended up going for one of the World Cup games, so bear that in mind regarding my rating of the noise level--I'm sure it's much quieter on non-game days. Even so, it was exactly what we were looking for. Great food, sangria, and atmosphere. The crowd wasn't rowdy, overly loud, or out of control. We all just enjoyed the game. Despite World Cup fever, the service was excellent and attentive and the food and drinks all came out in an appropriate amount of time. Already looking forward to visiting this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Give me a breakDisappointedDined on 7/3/2014I was really disappointed. I took My friends here--service was slow. But the most outrageous part is the wine list and nonexisting drink list. I've had less expensive wine by the glass at top top places in Manhattan. Just who do they think they are?? Their pretentious little restaurant is not worth it. They have a full bar, yet don't know how to make a Martini? This is Manhattan, step up. The server was nice and smiley, but not very efficient. Some scary dude from the kitchen came out to show one of my friends the raw meat she ordered prior to cooking it--bizarre and gross. For this price tag, I expect SO much more, and Manhattan can offer so much for the $$ (my hubby and I shared our food and spent $140, no wine bottle). Not coming back!!
- TheMelDined on 6/23/2014Picked this restaurant out of the on line reviews I had read. Principally looking for a great steak and wasn't disappointed. Delicious Tepenada's to start with too. More than half a dozen Malbecs to choose from by the glass. If its steak you are looking for at an authentic, reasonably priced restaurant then this is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nostalgia of Buenos AiresNyethiwDined on 6/14/2014I'm from Argentina, living in USA for over a decade. Going to Buenos Aires restaurant transported me back to my beloved city, the atmosphere is that of a traditional cantina, with decorative flags from soccer (futbol) tournaments from popular clubs. The service was very good, attentive to our needs and accommodating. The food is indescribable. My partner and I were engulfed in a feast of meats, we ordered the parrillada for two (menu lists for one but it's just a typo). I love morcilla and this one was delicious, much better than some found in the real BsAs city. The meat was cooked to our liking, and the angus ribs were so delicious that as I write this review my mouth remembers the taste. Try also the provoleta! Fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buenos Aires is well-representedMattGNYCDined on 6/7/2014Perfectly cooked steaks. Very good empanadas. Excellent wine list. Very good service. Only thing I can say negative is I do not like the neighborhood the restaurant is located in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food slow servicenessoDined on 6/6/2014we dined there on a friday, we had only made the booking on the same day. The food was fantastic, the wine selection was brilliant yet the service was a bit slow but it could've been because it seemed to be a busy night. it took about an hour...and a full bottle of wine before we saw any food. i'm willing to go back and sample more from the traditional argentine cuisine on offer, hopefully we won't need to wait as long for our food next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience in BuenosAirescarecaVIPDined on 6/2/2014We had a terrific lunch in Buenos Aires. Service was wonderful, and food was great. Both of us are really picky about our meats, and our order was made to perfection, per our request. An to top it off, the appetizers and desserts were just amazing. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- The following 27 reviews are from the Buenos Aires reviews archive.
- even though World Cup is next weekalphaeliDined on 5/31/2014Looks like this would be a great place to watch upcoming WC matches next month from Brazil. Gooooo Messi!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againDisappointedDined on 5/30/2014My guests from abroad (4) and I went for late dinner on Friday. We were seated to a small table beside the window. The steak was not done (even specifically asked for it), and then it took almost half an hour to bring it back to our table (after I asked for it again). None of my guests finished their food. The place was incredibly noisy with a couple of big screen TV sets playing in a very small place. At the end we were charged a large sum that already included a tip (I believe 18%) without asking.
- Entrania is awesomeMexicoVIPDined on 5/23/2014I brought colleagues who have interest on south america in various grades. Then everyone finds plates served are really tasty and somehow exotic. We enjoyed talks and red wine as we'll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014amazing food and even better service. very authentic place.Special Features:
- First Time Visit, Will Def Return!!NoseBleedsAboveHoustonStVIPDined on 5/22/2014My fiancee and I brought his Cuban grandmother and partner to BA last night. Upon arrival, the staff made special accommodations to ensure all four of us were welcomed, including sitting us at a larger table located in a more quiet area of the restaurant, offering a special 90+ point Malbec and ensuring our abuela received her Manhattan with Dewers within moments of ordering! Of course, we selected BA for the steak, which did not disappoint. That being said, my favorites were the garlic seasoned fries and, most certainly, the panqueque deluce. Will certainly return to this East Village/Tompkins Square Park gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceluciDined on 5/11/2014Staff very accommodating, making for a very pleasant dining experience,Special Features:
- Another great findNotAmusedBoucheVIPDined on 5/3/2014I keep being pleasantly surprised by the places I am discovering on opentable. I have lived in NY for 12 years and I always love to find new places, this restaurant is very good. The portions are adequate, the drinks are nice and we had an amazing dinner. A+Special Features:
- Perfect date night restaurant!!zaziDined on 4/27/2014The best and most authentic Argentine steak, Quilmes beer & chimichurri sauce!!! Absolutely loved Buenos Aires restaurant!!!Special Features:
- OK FoodNATHSDined on 4/26/2014I was not surprised by the food at all. OK food, OK ambiance and good service. I don't think I we will come back.
- Much funBridgDined on 4/16/2014Great food, authentic, normal prices, great service. Tables are a little close to another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.