Bud's at Silver Run
4115 Littlestown Pike
Westminster, MD 21158Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bud's at Silver Run
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.budsatsilverrun.com/
- Phone: (410) 346-6816
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30 am- 3:00 pm. Also available for private functions/corporate meetings. Dinner Menu: Monday - Thursday - 4:00p.m. to 9:00p.m. Friday & Saturday - 4:00p.m. to 10:00p.m. Sunday - 12:30p.m. to 8:00p.m. Pub Menu: Monday & Tuesday to 3:00pm - 11:00pm Wednesday-Friday - 3:00p.m. to Midnight Saturday - 11:30a.m. to Midnight Sunday - 12:30p.m. to 10:00p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Ken Lurie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off premise catering tailored to your individual needs.
Available for private in house functions all day Monday and for breakfast and lunch Tuesday-Frday.
Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Bud's at Silver Run is closed on Mondays - all day - as well as Tuesday - Friday during the day. We are available for your corporate getaway, meetings & presentations. Utilize the entire restaurant or only our dining room, the choice is yours! We will customize a menu for you whether a breakfast meeting, lunch or all day let us make you look great!!
- Private Party Contact: Ken Lurie 4103466816
- Special Events: Saturday, July 14th, 2012. Olive oil tasting from 11 am - 1 pm. Taste at least 12 different Olive Oils from different regions and enjoy a 3 course lunch. $45 includes tax and gratuity.
A word from Bud's at Silver Run
Bud's at Silver Run is a casual elegant restaurant located just north of Westminster, MD and south of Gettysburg, PA. Opened in May of 2008 "Bud's at Silver Run" invites you to enjoy great dining in a casual, friendly atmosphere. Local resident Blinn Salisbury III and partner Ken Lurie are pleased to become part of the community and to revive this great location. We have searched for the right restaurant and are happy that we have found it in Silver Run. Ken brings more than thirty years of varied restaurant experience with him to Bud's. From learning under Karl Beckley at the Greenlake Grill in Seattle to Food & Beverage Director of the Virgin Grand in the Virgin Islands, Ken is excited to return to Maryland. Our goal is to enhance and enrich your dining by offering a quality restaurant experience. We hope to meet and exceed your expectations in each of your visits. Whether you live in the area or if you are just passing through we look forward to making Bud's your place!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bud's at Silver Run reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (8)romantic (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Just OKSteveDined on 11/22/2014Two Small dining areas were found, nicely appointed but resulted in a very noisy environment when most tables are occupied. Food was just fair and most portions were on the small side considering the price. The included side for example was literally four small heads of broccoli. Wine list by the glass presented only the grape with no published info on the origin location or vintner. although the waiter was open to obtaining the information prior to order and did pour at the table so that the bottle was available. Menu and evening specials (Saturday night) were only steak and seafood and there were no pasta or vegetarian offers whatever for entree. Wait staff was initially very attentive and helpful, but difficult to find toward the end of the meal. Recognizing we may have hut an off night, might try this place again if in the area, but would not go out of way to travel there.
- Once again, Bud's is amazing!jeffDined on 10/12/2014Food is outstanding and selection incredible: 3 kinds of fresh fish. We couldn't decide and so tried one as sashimi and another, on Chef Ken's advice, as an entree. Both delicious. The veal porterhouse was an epiphany: huge, tender, tasty, perfectly cooked. The soup, featuring kale and chorizo, was both homemade and delicious. What can I say about string beans that taste like heaven? String beans, for all love! Service is polite, attentive, knowledgeable, and above all friendly. Chef Ken takes the time to visit every table.Special Features:
- SammyDined on 10/7/2014Great atmosphere. Appetizers were good. Entrees were disappointing.Special Features:
- Locavore's findluvfoodDined on 10/5/2014I have only 2 complaints. 1. it was chilly in the dining area. When asked if they could turn on the fireplace they just smiled & said it was on. ( not that I could see). Later, when we added coffee to our drinks saying we were cold the server agreed,hint not taken.2.was that the bar is in a room right next to the dining room- yes closed off. But,very noisy as there was an Orioles game going on at the time.That said, I would go again. Most importantly,The food was exceptional. We were celebrating an important event. Inventive fresh food was prepared to perfection. The server was quick & polite. The dining room is beautifully decorated in greens & white trim accents. Fresh flowers. white linen table clothes.Beautiful artwork on the walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantHuggins4Dined on 10/3/2014Our 1st time experience was great, atmosphere, service, food, cocktails, wine all was very good, we enjoyed it all, I myself am not an oyster eater but your "Oyster Rockefella" was outstanding, my husband said the best he's ever had. The waitress, and her assistant were very good an prompt with service. We will definitely come back! Than you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Business CharmCarrollCountyConnoisseurDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed dining at Bud's for our anniversary. Everything we had to eat was fantastic. The menu had plenty of options for food and drink. Service was excellent as well. A real dining experience. The folks there were personal and professional.Special Features:
- Rustic Dining on Littlestown PikeJJSReviewsDined on 8/30/2014We decided to meet another couple at this rustic dining room on Littlestown Pike. The atmosphere was historic/rustic. Service was good, though we were competing with a large party nearby. Liked the special drinks list with many martini's, wine list, draft beer offerings. Salads were good. Three out of 4 of us enjoyed our entrees-- all got the crabcake which, though not stellar, was good. The other person ordered the Cubano and it was not what he was expecting, too little meat. The vegetable of the day, zucchini & squash, was fresh and nicely seasoned. Desserts-- bread pudding with chocolate--were delicious. I would return if it were closer to my home.Special Features:
- jeffDined on 8/14/2014truly excellent in all facets.... Chef Ken Hand-carved our steaks.Special Features:
- The following 449 reviews are from the Bud's at Silver Run reviews archive.
- Amazing as Always....evindenikerDined on 7/11/2014Every time I am amazed at how delicious and well presented the meals are here. From appetizer to entree to dessert Bud's at Silver Run has me almost speechless! Not to mention a fantastic and charismatic owner that is sure to go by everyone's table to ensure they are enjoying themselves. I look forward to many more good times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Very nice drive to get to this restaurant; out of the way of the hustle and bustle and creates a special feeling. Great wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbfoodie21158Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I have always had a great experience at Bud's, which is why we return whenever we have a special occasion or just need to do something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014usually, our dinners at Buds are excellent - which is why I've returned again and again. Last week, we ordered appetizers - the Crab crostini was marginal (in presentation and taste) and, my Shrimp on grits was B- - the grits were NOT fresh (looked like they had been in that small baking dish and refrigerated) and the dish was less than hot. Salads were fine (but, if you mess up a salad you have a real issue). Waitress was nice but, a bit over the top. Relax - we were try to do the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice dinner...spookycatDined on 5/26/2014As always, the food was wonderful and the staff attentive and accommodating. While they were out of a couple of dishes due to Memorial weekend shipping schedules, everything was prepared perfectly. The wine was a great accompaniment with both our dishes - a nice addition to the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceKathybDined on 5/17/2014We have driven past this restaurant for years, and finally made a reservation there. It was wonderful! It is lovely inside, comfortable and welcoming. The staff was exceptional, and we enjoyed meeting the chef as well. We appreciated the attentiveness of the waitstaff, and the timing of our courses. It was obvious that this has been made a priority there and it was very appreciated. The food was creative and tasty and the portions were good (not huge and not tiny) We will definitely go back and recommend this lovely place to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bluechip Bud'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014No issues. My recommendations will (continue to) be effusive. All the Mothers' Day additions appreciated. Our meals...filet and crab cake...alone would bring us back but...and most importantly...at the end of what was obviously a very long and busy day, all staff were terrific. Courtney was an absolute gem: I felt our 20+ percent gratuity inadequate. Obviously the size of the resturant is constraining in several respects but this was outstripped by everything else, based on our (one) visit. Bud's as metaphor is a first-round pick whose door we will again darken.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerBaddogDined on 5/11/2014Food and drinks were great. Service was a bit slow at times, but was to be expected on a busy Mother's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2014We're regulars at Bud's, and we've never been disappointed with anything Ken has served. Last Sunday, the Oysters Chesapeake were exceptional and my salmon was done to perfection.Special Features:
- Fantastic!Love2EatDined on 5/1/2014We missed our reservation because our movie ran late and when we called Bud told us to come on up and he would keep the grill on. Excellent service and individualized dining. The food was fantastic and not over priced! I highly recommend this Carroll County gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderedBirthdayCelebrationDined on 4/25/2014We had always wondered how their food compared. We were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed a wonderful evening out celebrating our anniversary. There was a nice variety of offerings on the menu and we enjoyed browsing the martini / drink menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful evening!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/15/2014We had a memorable evening at this hidden gem. The service, food, atmosphere all were exemplary!! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always The food was greatgreatnightDined on 3/29/2014As always The food was great and service great, we really enjoy evenings there with Ken and has Staff, " Great job guys tank you.Special Features:
- Great Change of Pacetnbrbz4VIPDined on 3/14/2014Bud's is a great change of pace, particularly in Westminster which has a paucity of good restaurants. If you'd like a nice meal in a very nice ambience I recommend Bud's. Ken and crew do a very good job and have an imaginative menu which is a refreshing change of pace.
- Outstanding!jeffDined on 3/9/2014The steak for 2 is great. The service is always friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Carroll County gem123TRYDined on 3/9/2014Enjoyed finding this out of the way restaurant, at least for me. Yet conviently located to Westminster, Littlestown and Hanover. Even Gettysburg and York are not far. Food was very good and presented well. Proportions were just right, with room to enjoy an appetizer. The crowd was an interesting mix of people dressed quite casual to a bit more formal. But, no coat and tie. This surprised me considering pricing was toward the higher end of dinning for this area. Although I do not consider it over priced for the quality and service. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, we had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2014As always, we had a wonderful dinner at Bud's. Ken came out to say hello and chat a bit, which is appreciated. I think taking the time from his busy kitchen to do that is a real bonus for diners. I tried the new Silver Run salad with endive and spinach and it was delicious. It is one of the best salads I have had at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our third visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2014This was our third visit. Each time proved to be very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A belated Valentine's dayWoodmikeDined on 2/22/2014We were returning from a trip out of the country on the day before Valentine's day so I reserved for two of us on the day after, but with lots of snow and a questionable forecast we reluctantly cancelled and re-scheduled a week later. We'd both been here a few times before so we knew what a treat this place is, I try no to over do our favorite eating spots, so we reserve this one for very special occasions. I'm not sure when the next one will be, but we will return again, and again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the drivecfidDined on 2/15/2014enjoyed the food and service very much. diverse menu. got to meet the chef, who was a delight. looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- More than meets the eye.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent! Dinning room was very clean, quaint and cozy rustic feel. Staff was very polite and extremely attentive, always checking on us, filling water glasses and offering and pouring wine. Great job owner/chef and staff off Bud's. I'm a first time and now a soon to be long time customer. Don't drive past this place! Or judge this book by its cover! You'll be missing something great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day at Bud'sG4088Dined on 2/14/2014The lamb was cooked to perfection and the wait staff did a nice job on one of their busiest evenings of the year.Special Features:
- We have eaten at Bud's numerousMelvanoDined on 2/14/2014We have eaten at Bud's numerous times and have always been impressed with the quality off the food served. We make it our "neighborhood spot" to celebrate special occasions and when we're just in the mood for some really exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food was tasty but forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Our food was tasty but for our vegetable the serving was paltry. Tasty but very little of it. 2 small pcs of cauliflower and 2 small Pcs of broccoli. It's to bad because my wife and I eat put regularly but probably won't eat at Bud's very oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service DiscrepancyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014The food was satisfactory even though the scallops had retained a more than normal amount of sand particals making their consumption difficult to say the least. At the end of the meal we ordered a desert (recommend by the waitress) that would require a chef to create a sauce (Banana's Foster). Which the chef declined to do because he was too busy and we were told to come back tomorrow to get the desert. Astonishing!! This certainly put a blemish on the night...
- WE were 14 adults and a toddler:jeffDined on 2/9/2014WE were 14 adults and a toddler: the service was courteous, patient, and timely for a three hour experience--and greta food! Well done, Michelle, Rachel, and chef Ken!!Special Features:
- A treatTwhalenDined on 1/11/2014We love this restaurant for special occasions or a romantic dinner. The food is superb and the service and ambience is always nice. The prices are a little high for the area but well worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything except thetnoelDined on 1/10/2014Loved everything except the noise and traffic from the bar. Chef should wear chefs coat when walking the main dining area. Appropriate dinner music should be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was well preparedMurphDined on 12/31/2013Food was well prepared, and service was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific once againWHMHOFDined on 12/30/2013There wasn't even the smallest miss. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Ken!jeffDined on 12/28/2013The food and service are excellent. Chef Ken makes a point to greet us and make sure we are happy! The personal touch is only one good reason to return....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special restaurantDoctorDined on 11/30/2013I know that when I have a very special occasion, this is my first choice. We go about twice a year. We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary there on Saturday and we were not disappointed. The menu is diverse and makes my mouth water just reading the choices. I know we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.