Buddha Bar - Washington DC
455 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Buddha Bar - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buddhabardc.com/
- Phone: 2023775555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:30am - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am Sunday and Thursday: Bar and Lounge Open until 1:00am Monday-Wednesday: Bar and Lounge Open until 12:00am Friday and Saturday: Bar and Lounge Open until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Executive Sushi Chef No Won Park
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Mingle with the hippest clientele in DC at our 200-seat dining room which includes a spacious 20-seat bar and 50-seat lounge awarding guests the opportunity to kickback and enjoy an array of seasonal cocktails. A huge outdoor patio is available (weather permitting) which can accommodate up to 80 guests. Enjoy relaxing to our eclectic international music...or get your groove on with our live DJ spinning world class sounds starting at 8pm nightly.
******Proper Attire Required******
******WE DO NOT PERMIT:****** Tennis Shoes/Sneakers OR Athletic White Soled Shoes of any kind
Shorts or Sleeveless Tops
Heavily Torn/Ripped Clothing
Athletic Wear/Jerseys/Athletic Logos
- Special Events: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for special event inquiries.
- Cross Street: 5th Ave
- Public Transit: Five blocks from the Mt. Vernon Square-7th Street-Convention Center Metrorail accessible on the green and yellow lines; five blocks from the Gallery Place-Chinatown Metrorail accessible on the green, yellow and red lines.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet and Garage Parking
A word from Buddha Bar - Washington DC
Paris’ World Famous Buddha Bar has come to Washington DC. Buddha Bar is the original icon of world culture, style, haute cuisine and spiritual music offering an eclectic array of Asian/Pacific Rim with a touch of French Infusion and world class Sushi. **For parties of 10 guests or more please contact the restaurant directly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buddha Bar - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
- The variety of the menu optionsDininginOldTownDined on 6/16/2012The variety of the menu options were great. The waitress was very helpful in helping us. My only complaint is with the reservation. I always book through OpenTable without problems. It's the restaurant's handling of it. They require a credit card, follow up with email and a phone call (how many reminders does one need?) and then failed to check my party in. I received an inquiry from OpenTable as to why I didn't show up. I stayed there for nearly five hours and left with a nearly $200 bill. It was frustrating with the many steps they take to ensure I'm coming and then fail to do their part in checking me in. With that said - it was still a positive experience.Special Features:
- Add to your must go listOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Beautiful environment, lots of attention to the detail of the decoration, seats were high and tables were lower, which didn't bother me, but it bother people seating near by. Food and drinks were fabulous, service was impeccable, loved how every employee that crossed our path greeted us. I wish I had known that in DC the night scene gets going later cause the place was just getting going when we were leaving:(. We'll make reservations a bit later next time. The dress code wasn't as uptight as some reviews make it sound. I definitely appreciate that people dress up to go out, it brings the experience to a different level.Special Features:
- If you're going to spend thatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2012If you're going to spend that much money... Tons of places with much better food.
- We had a great time and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2012We had a great time and the staff was very attentive. Will definitely be back, the food was awesome.
- Beautiful AND Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/11/2012I love Buddha Bar! This was actually my second time going, and the sushi is just superb! We had a wonderful waiter who was both informative and humorous, which was great. We started with the potstickers and calamari, and ended with the chocolate cake and the creme brulee trio. Absolutely delicious! Plus the ambiance is gorgeous..the decor and the huge golden statue. Love it! Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Diaphanous sushi!SusannettaVIPDined on 6/10/2012Never tasted better sushi, so fresh and airy, and main dishes, Singapore noodles, black cod and green chicken curry, were far above the usual standard.Special Features:
- I have never written a reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/8/2012I have never written a review before, but felt it was warranted in this case. One word: Tacky. As soon as we ordered drinks, we had to pay for them before they were even made- all drinks have to be "prepaid". When you actually go to the table, you have to prove that you closed out the bar. This is really embarrassing (for them) and I pointed this out the manager. Turns out, a large group of women came in, spent thousands, and skipped out on the bill. This is too bad, but makes the rest of us suffer. Truth be told, the location is terrible, and the vibe of the customers reflects that. They could have avoided this all and headed to NW DCSpecial Features:
- Check it outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012Good food, good ambience...good drinks...good service...what more could u ask for.Special Features:
- It seemed to us this ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2012It seemed to us this Resturant has peeked and is just resting on a past reputation.Special Features:
- Overall the experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/2/2012Overall the experience was pretty good, but the service was not.Special Features:
- Wonderful spot. Great food,Kat50VIPDined on 5/25/2012Wonderful spot. Great food, service, atmosphere. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great ambiance disappointing servicZoziDined on 5/21/2012BB has been THE favorite restaurant of ours, where we met 2 years ago, and came here for all major events (birthday, anniversary). This was our 2-year anniversary. Boy, did this place change! First, it was like a ghost place as there might have been a handful combined total other guests (certainly outnumbered by service personnel by a large margin). That in itself wouldn't bother me, but says something. Our waiter was a bit too into our face and somehow did not click. There were multiple small blunders with the biggest one my GF ordering tuna "rare" and they serving it medium (almost well) done. Overall, this relatively pricey place did not live up to the hype. Besides the fancy decor, more attention to service personnel would be welcome.Special Features:
- Nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012My husband spent our 11th anniversary weekend at Buddha bar. The ambiance and food were great. Good place for a date night.Special Features:
- Loved it. However we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2012Loved it. However we were seated next to service station which led to a lot of activity close to us and waiters bumping into my wife's chair a couple of times.Special Features:
- We had a great time. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012We had a great time. The food and drinks were excellent The music was also great.Special Features:
- every dish was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2012Fabulous food and lively atmosphere. First-time diner at this restaurant. Took a group of 7 here for a work-related event. We all got the family-style tasting menu which was a) fantastic, every dish was very tasty, and b) voluminous, more food than 7 people should possibly eat (although we definitely made a dent).definitely a do again. Only downside was that the entire set of appetizers were so good we had to finish them, leaving little room for the 'real' food.Special Features:
- Food was good. Nice setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/5/2012Food was good. Nice setting. Place was noisy and being over age 35 seemed a disability.
- Rice paper rolls are goodCeciDined on 5/5/2012Rice paper rolls are good and different. The sushi rolls are expensive with nothing extraordinary that cannot try in another fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Bad Service at the Buddha Bar :(VeganFoodieDined on 4/28/2012The food is always fabulous!! There is something on the menu for everyone. Service was lacking on this last visit but was very good on previous visits to this establishment. The waiter seemed to busy to stay at our table for more than a second and were weren't made to feel welcome. As a vegan I usually get many recommendations from wait staff for tasty options. I was only given one choice from this waiter. He also didn't bring out the guest of honor's meal until the rest of us were done eating. We asked for it twice and the third time I had to ask the manager. We were given some excuse that the Sashimi bar was backed up however another of our guests had ordered sashimi and she received it on time. Would return though for the excellent food!Special Features:
- Excellent food. Attentive,WinendineDined on 4/28/2012Excellent food. Attentive, friendly waiter, Andrew. Got a bit noisy as the dining area filled, but still able to hold personal conversations. A bit dark for reading the menu but otherwise good ambiance.Special Features:
- MUSIC WAS TOO LOUD AND BORINGSotayDined on 4/28/2012Service and food were very good. Liked the ambience very much apart from the overly loud and tedious electronic music. When we arrived at 7.30 the music was at a comfortable level and remarkably well balanced. Also the choice of music was interesting and in keeping with the Asian themed space. Then the volume crept up, the bass was cranked and the choice unvarying. Great pity. Understand that this is a hot spot and the crowd was young in the main. But why not throttle the 'boom, boom, boom' back until the bar fills up later in the evening. That said we enjoyed the evening but not sure that we'd return.Special Features:
- BuddhaliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/28/2012We went to Buddha Bar for our anniversary dinner and really enjoyed it. Because we were working with a babysitter that cannot stay very late, we had a relatively early evening planned. We arrived at around 6:45 for a 7:00pm reservation. The place was almost empty, but had an interesting, fun decor. It's huge, but somehow they managed to make it feel warm. The hostess and bartender were great and did not rush us to our table. Our waiter was fun, knowledgable and had good timing. The sushi was melt-in-your mouth good and so was dessert. At around 8:15, a DJ showed up and started playing some typical Buddha Bar tunes. We are fans of the Buddha Bar CDs, so for us it was a plus. The only down side was the location - not much else there.Special Features:
- Give it a try....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/23/2012The bartenders were great! I was expecting bad service based on other reviews that I've read and was pleasantly surprised! The bartenders on Monday night were excellent! Humourous and attentive. The sushi was ok...nothing special...which was kind of a let down considering it was a little pricier than usual. Overall, I would tell friends to try it out!Special Features:
- What's going on Buddha Bar?Va2DcVIPDined on 4/21/2012I was disappointed with the service this go round. We sat for at least 20 minutes before our appetizers came out and another 30 minutes for our sushi only to find out that our order was messed up. I love Buddha Bar but lately it seems like the service is going downhill. As with most restaurants, when its new everything is great but after a while it gets worst and worst w/each visit.
- Food was high priced but nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2012Food was high priced but nothing special. We were totally unimpressed by this restaurant.
- Buddha Bar's ambiance is theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/19/2012Buddha Bar's ambiance is the reason why I suggested to meet a "friend" there. It was a Thursday evening and I wanted something chill and relaxing, not too loud or crazy busy. We were able to sit for hours in a relaxing environment and talk without having to yell to be heard. The food was delicious as usual and the bartender mixed a few Hendricks Gin Gimlets just perfectly.Special Features:
- Service was a bit slow (onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2012Service was a bit slow (only 4 tables seated in the restaurant at the time) and food was a bit pricey for the quality. Presentation and ambience were great. With so many awesome restaurants in DC, probably won't make a repeat visit.
- Beautiful interior, greatycomedyVIPDined on 4/11/2012Beautiful interior, great food--I love the Bento Box for lunch. The cocktails are inventive. Wait staff is slow--it's European style but that doesn't work when you are on your lunch hour or living the stressed out DC life.Special Features:
- It's a good restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/10/2012It's a good restaurant for lunch. If the food improved, it would be a GREAT place for lunch! It is very different for the evening crowd/Special Features:
- Love love love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/9/2012Love love love this place. Food was amazing as well as the service. Will def. go back!!Special Features:
- During the lunch hour no oneeatguruDined on 4/9/2012During the lunch hour no one was in the restaurant except me and my two guests. A little strange for such a large restaurant. Otherwise the experience was ok.
- I've been to Buddha Bar severalALMadDined on 4/7/2012I've been to Buddha Bar several times, always for a special occassion. The food is delicious and the service is exceptional. I'm not a big fan of the club-like atmosphere though-- DJ playing club/trance music way too loud, the dress code on Friday and Saturday nights, etc. It's pretentious and very un-buddha-like. If you're with a loud and rowdy group, it's great fun. But forget about having a conversation. :). Overall, a great place for a celebration.Special Features:
- The food was amazing. servicenicknameVIPDined on 4/5/2012The food was amazing. service by solongoo was great. They were always very helpful. The only thing I would say to improve would be when you have an open restaurant don't sit your only 5 tables right on top of each other. That felt a bit odd.Special Features:
- Wonderful spot to have dinner!DinnerluvDined on 3/31/2012Wonderful spot to have dinner! Great food! Great ambience!Special Features:
- A nice place to take a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2012The food was really good. The waitress was nice. It still seems like they have a few kinks to work out, but overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Great food, service but WAY $$$$$OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012This was are second visit to this place. Last time was 1 1/2 years ago in the summer. The food is still fanstastic but way over priced. Service was excellent. Azmi did a great job of suggesting and introducing us to menu & Drink items that we otherwise might have over looked. We had the Buddha Bar roll, tuna tataki & seaweed salad as starters. The Black Cod & a Hot Pot for dinner. Both were tasty. For drinks we had the Lichee martini followed by a cold sake. They don't have the machine for the hot saki but their premium sake is good. However the price is just way over the top for the quantity of food even for sushi. The general population has gotten older (we are mid/late thirties) and we felt we were about the average age.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2012This place has been on my list for some time to visit. Great ambiance and decor. We went for dinner and had the Viet Spring rolls as appetizer (average). My husband had the Filet Migneon and I had the organic chicken. Both were excellent. The sautéed vegetables were excellent as well. We didn't care much for the drinks and perhaps we chose the wrong drinks but tasted too medicinie to us (the manager graciously took it off of the bill without us even asking). Overall great place.Special Features:
- Not a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2012Service was below par for the prices of the meals. The food portions could have also been a bit larger.Special Features:
- I thought the food was disappointinKeithVIPDined on 3/24/2012I thought the food was disappointing...the Peking Duck was greasy and poorly prepared...but the space was great. Go to look, not to eat.
- Very interesting drink andDessertPleaseDined on 3/17/2012Very interesting drink and food menu! I loved my sushi order and would definitely go back!Special Features: