Buddakan - Atlantic City
1 Atlantic Ocean
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Buddakan - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buddakanac.com/
- Phone: 6096740100x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Thurs
Lunch 12noon – 3:30pm
Dinner 5:00pm – 11:00pm
Fri and Sat
Dinner all day 12noon – 12:00am
Dinner all day 12noon – 10:00pm
Happy Hour Sunday through Friday 3:00pm until 6:00pm (in the bar area only)
Christmas Eve: Dinner Only, Served 12pm-10pm
Christmas Day: Dinner Only, Served 5pm-10pm
New Year's Day: Dinner All Day, Served 12pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Nery Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With delectable cuisine and stellar service, Stephen STARR Events brings the experiences of the wildly successful STARR Restaurants to the world of catering. “Re-inventing” the traditional event, Stephen STARR Events prepares unique chef-driven creations as well as signature selections from the restaurants with menus tailored to each client. For more information on full-service catering for small and large private, social and corporate functions, as well as, quick-service options, please contact Stephen STARR Events at 215.923.2675.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Cara Rice 609-271-0549 x
A word from Buddakan - Atlantic City
Buddakan has been called “a temple of modern Asian cuisine.” But it’s also a testament to the possibilities of inspired design. Upon entering, the first thing one sees is the surreal Asian garden surrounded by multi-level archways and 25-foot trees that seem to grow through rocks, footbridges and the ceiling itself. The dramatic atmosphere and enchanting karma is enhanced by the presence of a gigantic Golden Buddha that watches over the entire restaurant from a head of a 24-foot communal dining room table. The menu portrays an innovative interpretation of Asian Cuisine that matches the ambience in terms of creativity, inspiration and its capacity to satisfy. A delectably imaginative fusion of Chinese, French and Asian styles that results in dishes that exotic yet comforting – all prepared with perfectionist attention to the smallest detail.Continued
Buddakan’s spectacular yet dreamlike ambience adds a new dimension to the array of destinations at the Pier at Ceasars.
Buddakan’s spectacular yet dreamlike ambience adds a new dimension to the array of destinations at the Pier at Ceasars.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Buddakan - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Buddakan - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
356 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (253)romantic (202)fit for foodies (196)good for groups (193)hot spot (129)late-night find (51)notable wine list (37)great for lunch (31)scenic view (29)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Nice eveningJonathanDined on 10/18/2014First time at Buddakan and wasn't disappointed. We had the chef's suggested menu and the food was plentiful and all fantastically prepared. Not a particularly cheap option, but then it's Atlantic City, however I left feeling nothing but satisfied with a fun, delicious experience. Will go agin.Special Features:
- A bit hurried, but great foodAutumnDined on 10/18/2014Our evening at Buddakan was lovely but I wish the food had not arrived so fast. No sooner had we ordered, the plates starting arriving in quick succession. I suppose we could have just slowed our eating and sipped our wine, but I still feel that the pace could have been slowed a bit by the server and the kitchen. The food was delicious, including: the edamane ravioli (3 of them); washabe mashed potatoes ( a nice portion); crispy shrimp (5 nice sized shrimp); stirred fried asparagus (really nice); and sea bass (buttery smooth and tasty). We would come again and try to slow our pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it there!LauraDined on 10/16/2014This is the place to go when you want to go somewhere that is different. The food is always excellent. We did request a special booth but, didnt get it..oh well...service is usually quicker...oh well...it is an awesome place....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014The service and the food are equally outstanding! This is our favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JlovesyouverymuchDined on 10/15/2014Took my friend out for his birthday. They surprise him with a cake and candle as a request from me. Tha food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!lindasueDined on 10/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first trip to Buddakan. We ordered the chefs tasting menu and were blown away by the variety and quality of everything. The edamame ravioli was so unexpectedly awesome. Our entrees included five spice duck breast, wasabi crusted filet mignon, sea bass, and vegetable fried rice. All were outstanding. Dessert was equally decadent. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, very cleannewbiefoodieDined on 10/12/2014The food was wonderful. We opted for the Chef's tasting menu. We each got our own Bento box of three appetizers. The salad with the cashews was delicious. The sea bass melted in my mouth and the wasabi crusted filet mignon was exceptional. The vegetable rice came with a lemon foam, unexpected but very good. The trio of desserts we each received was just the right touch. Between each course, the server removed the silverware and cleaned the table. Then came back with more plates and silverware (including chopsticks).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of this World ExperienceDrGigiDined on 10/11/2014The food is undescribably delicious. The flavors blend so well together. Every dish that we ordered, and we ordered over 10 dishes, did not disappoint. Outstanding blending of Asian influences in every dish. Never too spicy, never too bold. What a gastronomic feast for the taste buds!!!Special Features:
- Best in town!FerociaFataleDined on 10/11/2014My favorite restaurant of all time. I didn't know that by making a reservation we got to sit in the back rope curtained section which felt so special, our whole party was in awe. I always recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedPhnxBlyDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant is impeccable in service, cuisine & ambiance. We enjoyed delicious food & drinks. Our server was attentive & personable. All staff were very professional. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST FOOD !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014A must try ! Our server was very formative and nice. Food came out a bit slow but for the quality and taste it was outstanding ! We ordered the chefs tasting for 2 and it was so much food ! Everything was delicious. I would definitely come back very soon !!Special Features:
- Great Food!JDH1Dined on 10/4/2014The food at Buddakan was amazing. We ordered several dishes and shared them amongst us...each was better then the one before it!Special Features:
- My favorite place to eat!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014I wish the restaurant was at Mohegan sun in plains pa!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diner18Dined on 9/28/2014We were right in thinking dinner at Buddakan would be the perfect ending to a day spent strolling the Atlantic City boardwalk enjoying the Wine Promenade! Great array of mixed drinks to compliment the Asian inspired menu. Our appetizers included the beef Satay which was served with tempura veggies and the chicken dumplings - both very good. Dinner included the lobster fried rice which we loved and once again, we had a very enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- One of the real highlights in ACMaxxNYCVIPDined on 9/27/2014I have been to the Buddakan in New York and it was very nice - the Buddakan in AC - excellent. The food was outstanding, the cocktails and the service just great. This was one of the highlights in AC. I can definetly recommend this restaurant and would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette FriendlyLolaDined on 9/27/2014I went here for dinner with my sister's bachelorette party. There was 10 of us, and everyone left feeling full and extremely happy. The service was incredible, and the food was even better. This is perfect for groups, since there is a prefix menu with different prices and options. I will surely come back and recommend for everyone in AC to go.Special Features:
- PerfectTheNamesWDined on 9/26/2014I took my girlfriend out for my birthday and this was the perfect restaurant for the occasion. Great food, and great atmosphere: Perfect.Special Features:
- PerfectLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/26/2014We took our friends to Buddakan for the first time & they loved it! From beginning to end the dinner was perfect!! Thanks for another great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightJim22VIPDined on 9/20/2014We love Buddakan in general, but this reservation exceeded our expectations. Our waiter went above and beyond to make our night special. This is the best restaurant in AC.Special Features:
- Great food in great atmospheresujp05Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I were looking for a great place for dinner in AC to celebrate our 1st Anniversary. After reading multiple and consistently positive reviews, we decided to choose Buddakan. And Buddakan delivered!! We had the delicious edamame ravioli app, thinly sliced duck breast, shrimp pad thai, and vegetable tempura. Food came out as it was ready, which was lightning quick. That however didnt sacrifice any quality. While the atmosphere was great and complete with a dimly lit starry sky, being on One Atlantic (the pier), an ocean view would have been amazing. That aside, everything was great and we would for sure return!Special Features:
- Buddakan delivers again!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/20/2014This is a stable restaurant for my wife and I and her friends. It's chic, loungey, and an all-around fun place to eat, share food, talk with friends and interact with others if you like. Recommend highly!Special Features:
- Great FoodSandraskoVIPDined on 9/20/2014As always, food was great. If you don't know what to order, chose the chef's tasting menu for two...great appetizers, nice salad, filet and sea bass, wonderful desserts and no decisions to be made.Special Features:
- consistently deliciousbettyannVIPDined on 9/20/2014Never disappointed with choice of entree. Tasting menu for lunch was delicious and plentiful. Cocktails vary with season and are unique and trendy. . Desserts are a must have! You will remember your visit for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must in ACPhishphan2Dined on 9/19/2014Delicious drinks and food. Service was great, the server helped with selections and everything recommended was excellent. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit, but not our lastJudePazDined on 9/19/2014This was our first visit and we will go again. The food was excellent. Apps were a thinly sliced tuna plate and a crab tempura. Both were excellent, would recommend both. Entrees were a whole fish (but it was cleaned, cooked and then served crusty) and wasabi crusted filet. Both were superb. The only 'just ok' plate was the banana spring rolls for dessert. We enjoyed the donuts though, very good. Our server, Angela, was very attentive and she had a great personality. She explained each entrée to us to be sure we would enjoy our first Buddakan experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/18/2014As usual food was amazing ! Our server Ethan was very friendly and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.LenalovestoeatDined on 9/15/2014We went to Buddakan to celebrate my best friends engagement, as just a small group of 3 girls. We ordered the spring rolls appetizer which was delicious, and then we ordered three entrees: salmon, crab fried rice, and pepper steak, along with the eggplant side dish. The salmon was delicious as was the peppered steak, however the crab fried rice was nothing special. The eggplant was also absolutely delicious. Dessert was the best part-- we ordered the donuts and the banana spring rolls. The spring rolls were okay, but the donuts were SUPERB. The waitress was very accommodating and friendly. She even gave us each a glass of champagne when I told her what we were celebrating. Overall amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Duck of my Life!RedRooDined on 9/15/2014My hubby & I came here for our anniversary dinner & enjoyed the tuna spring rolls which were fabulous. I'd say the pork dumplings were just okay. My hubby ordered the Ponzu Chicken with Golden Buddha Buns & the chicken was good but my five spiced duck was by far the BEST DUCK of my life. My hubby said we have to come back & we will order the tuna spring rolls - two ducks & ask for the Golden Buddha Buns which are amazing (filled with roast chicken and veggies in sauce or aus jus yum) & we will be amazingly happy!Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014it seems that no matter how many times we frequent this restaurant we are almost always given a horrible table - when perfectly good ones are still open. And yes they do reseat us (after checking with the powers that be while you are left standing in the middle of the restaurant) after we ask for another table. But food keeps us coming back (although quite frankly not as often as we used to as it does get tiresome when you are repeatedly given a lousy table (upstairs in the back next to the stairs or at one in the center of the room when the place is empty and there are numerous booths to be had).Special Features:
- Last minute Dinner5hartsDined on 9/13/2014My family and I had a great dinner. OpenTable reservation process worked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Small AppsBuddaConDined on 9/13/2014The size of the appetizers was laughable for the price, along with the drinks. Entree portions were a decent size, but still pricy, even for AC.Special Features:
- Great experience!smittyDined on 9/13/2014First time there, the waiter was knowledgeable and very enthusiastic. The food was incredible, especially the edemame ravioli and the Chilean Sea Bass! We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and high energySashiVIPDined on 9/12/2014Went on a Friday night with a group of 6 friends. They gave us a table for 4 but after some discussion they found us a bigger table. So though we were off to a bad start, once we settled into the new table we had a great time. Everything we ordered was excellent, the service was impeccable, and the sake and cocktails were great.Special Features:
- Always deliversJackDined on 9/12/2014When in AC, we always try to stop at Buddakan for dinner and it never disappoints. We strayed from the tasting menu this time. We enjoyed the calamari salad, file mignon, sesame tuna, and crab rice. Wonderful. As always, great food, nice atmosphere and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentcalukaVIPDined on 9/10/2014We have been here many times and have never been disappointed. The food is outstanding, Asian pork, cashew chicken, ginger chicken pot stickers, lobster fried rice... All fantastic. The flavors are spot on and unique. One of our favorite spots in AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesPetworthVIPDined on 9/9/2014Stephen Starr can do no wrong. I have been to all his restaurants in Philly and love them all. This was my first time at Buddakan in AC and it was just as good as the Philly location. We had the chicken & ginger dumplings, lobster fried rice, sweet/crispy shrimp, 5 spice duck breast, char grilled beef and we would order it all again. The beef was especially good. Waiter was good but a little ditsy - he could have been new because service is always impeccable - highly recommend.Special Features:
- RuthieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Th food was outstanding. Every appetizer was delicious and the sea bass and wasabi crusted filet were more than delicious. Also...the waiter was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!foodsnobDined on 9/9/2014It was wonderful. We live close to NYC and dine everywhere. Having said that, the meal at Buddakan was superb.We tried the tasting menu, and every bite was a delight.Special Features:
- Excellent..if you stay in AC, goforAndreDined on 9/6/2014Very good taste. Nice meals, with amazing spices. Harmony and friendly!! Go for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014We went here to celebrate or anniversary and had a great time. The moose level is a little loud; but not intolerable. Our server was great in suggesting our menu items as well as what drink my wife should order. The food was great; with the Tuna Spring Rolls and chicken & Ginger Dumplings being the high point of appitizers and the Wasabi Crusted Filet the entree clincher. The place is great for sharing food with your partner or a group. They topped it all off with a glass of champagne to celebrate our abbiversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.