Buddakan - Atlantic City
1 Atlantic Ocean
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Buddakan - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buddakanac.com/
- Phone: 6096740100x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Thurs
Lunch 12noon – 3:30pm
Dinner 5:00pm – 11:00pm
Fri and Sat
Dinner all day 12noon – 12:00am
Dinner all day 12noon – 10:00pm
Happy Hour Sunday through Friday 3:00pm until 6:00pm (in the bar area only)
Christmas Eve: Dinner Only, Served 12pm-10pm
Christmas Day: Dinner Only, Served 5pm-10pm
New Year's Day: Dinner All Day, Served 12pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Nery Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With delectable cuisine and stellar service, Stephen STARR Events brings the experiences of the wildly successful STARR Restaurants to the world of catering. “Re-inventing” the traditional event, Stephen STARR Events prepares unique chef-driven creations as well as signature selections from the restaurants with menus tailored to each client. For more information on full-service catering for small and large private, social and corporate functions, as well as, quick-service options, please contact Stephen STARR Events at 215.923.2675.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Cara Rice 609-271-0549 x
A word from Buddakan - Atlantic City
Buddakan has been called “a temple of modern Asian cuisine.” But it’s also a testament to the possibilities of inspired design. Upon entering, the first thing one sees is the surreal Asian garden surrounded by multi-level archways and 25-foot trees that seem to grow through rocks, footbridges and the ceiling itself. The dramatic atmosphere and enchanting karma is enhanced by the presence of a gigantic Golden Buddha that watches over the entire restaurant from a head of a 24-foot communal dining room table. The menu portrays an innovative interpretation of Asian Cuisine that matches the ambience in terms of creativity, inspiration and its capacity to satisfy. A delectably imaginative fusion of Chinese, French and Asian styles that results in dishes that exotic yet comforting – all prepared with perfectionist attention to the smallest detail.Continued
Buddakan’s spectacular yet dreamlike ambience adds a new dimension to the array of destinations at the Pier at Ceasars.
Buddakan’s spectacular yet dreamlike ambience adds a new dimension to the array of destinations at the Pier at Ceasars.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Buddakan - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Buddakan - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
387 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (278)romantic (223)fit for foodies (213)good for groups (210)hot spot (138)late-night find (59)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (33)scenic view (27)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- diner18Dined on 9/28/2014We were right in thinking dinner at Buddakan would be the perfect ending to a day spent strolling the Atlantic City boardwalk enjoying the Wine Promenade! Great array of mixed drinks to compliment the Asian inspired menu. Our appetizers included the beef Satay which was served with tempura veggies and the chicken dumplings - both very good. Dinner included the lobster fried rice which we loved and once again, we had a very enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- Bachelorette FriendlyLolaDined on 9/27/2014I went here for dinner with my sister's bachelorette party. There was 10 of us, and everyone left feeling full and extremely happy. The service was incredible, and the food was even better. This is perfect for groups, since there is a prefix menu with different prices and options. I will surely come back and recommend for everyone in AC to go.Special Features:
- PerfectTheNamesWDined on 9/26/2014I took my girlfriend out for my birthday and this was the perfect restaurant for the occasion. Great food, and great atmosphere: Perfect.Special Features:
- PerfectLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/26/2014We took our friends to Buddakan for the first time & they loved it! From beginning to end the dinner was perfect!! Thanks for another great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightJim22VIPDined on 9/20/2014We love Buddakan in general, but this reservation exceeded our expectations. Our waiter went above and beyond to make our night special. This is the best restaurant in AC.Special Features:
- Great food in great atmospheresujp05Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I were looking for a great place for dinner in AC to celebrate our 1st Anniversary. After reading multiple and consistently positive reviews, we decided to choose Buddakan. And Buddakan delivered!! We had the delicious edamame ravioli app, thinly sliced duck breast, shrimp pad thai, and vegetable tempura. Food came out as it was ready, which was lightning quick. That however didnt sacrifice any quality. While the atmosphere was great and complete with a dimly lit starry sky, being on One Atlantic (the pier), an ocean view would have been amazing. That aside, everything was great and we would for sure return!Special Features:
- Buddakan delivers again!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/20/2014This is a stable restaurant for my wife and I and her friends. It's chic, loungey, and an all-around fun place to eat, share food, talk with friends and interact with others if you like. Recommend highly!Special Features:
- Great FoodSandraskoVIPDined on 9/20/2014As always, food was great. If you don't know what to order, chose the chef's tasting menu for two...great appetizers, nice salad, filet and sea bass, wonderful desserts and no decisions to be made.Special Features:
- consistently deliciousbettyannVIPDined on 9/20/2014Never disappointed with choice of entree. Tasting menu for lunch was delicious and plentiful. Cocktails vary with season and are unique and trendy. . Desserts are a must have! You will remember your visit for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must in ACPhishphan2Dined on 9/19/2014Delicious drinks and food. Service was great, the server helped with selections and everything recommended was excellent. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit, but not our lastJudePazDined on 9/19/2014This was our first visit and we will go again. The food was excellent. Apps were a thinly sliced tuna plate and a crab tempura. Both were excellent, would recommend both. Entrees were a whole fish (but it was cleaned, cooked and then served crusty) and wasabi crusted filet. Both were superb. The only 'just ok' plate was the banana spring rolls for dessert. We enjoyed the donuts though, very good. Our server, Angela, was very attentive and she had a great personality. She explained each entrée to us to be sure we would enjoy our first Buddakan experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/18/2014As usual food was amazing ! Our server Ethan was very friendly and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.LenalovestoeatDined on 9/15/2014We went to Buddakan to celebrate my best friends engagement, as just a small group of 3 girls. We ordered the spring rolls appetizer which was delicious, and then we ordered three entrees: salmon, crab fried rice, and pepper steak, along with the eggplant side dish. The salmon was delicious as was the peppered steak, however the crab fried rice was nothing special. The eggplant was also absolutely delicious. Dessert was the best part-- we ordered the donuts and the banana spring rolls. The spring rolls were okay, but the donuts were SUPERB. The waitress was very accommodating and friendly. She even gave us each a glass of champagne when I told her what we were celebrating. Overall amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Duck of my Life!RedRooDined on 9/15/2014My hubby & I came here for our anniversary dinner & enjoyed the tuna spring rolls which were fabulous. I'd say the pork dumplings were just okay. My hubby ordered the Ponzu Chicken with Golden Buddha Buns & the chicken was good but my five spiced duck was by far the BEST DUCK of my life. My hubby said we have to come back & we will order the tuna spring rolls - two ducks & ask for the Golden Buddha Buns which are amazing (filled with roast chicken and veggies in sauce or aus jus yum) & we will be amazingly happy!Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014it seems that no matter how many times we frequent this restaurant we are almost always given a horrible table - when perfectly good ones are still open. And yes they do reseat us (after checking with the powers that be while you are left standing in the middle of the restaurant) after we ask for another table. But food keeps us coming back (although quite frankly not as often as we used to as it does get tiresome when you are repeatedly given a lousy table (upstairs in the back next to the stairs or at one in the center of the room when the place is empty and there are numerous booths to be had).Special Features:
- Last minute Dinner5hartsDined on 9/13/2014My family and I had a great dinner. OpenTable reservation process worked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Small AppsBuddaConDined on 9/13/2014The size of the appetizers was laughable for the price, along with the drinks. Entree portions were a decent size, but still pricy, even for AC.Special Features:
- Great experience!smittyDined on 9/13/2014First time there, the waiter was knowledgeable and very enthusiastic. The food was incredible, especially the edemame ravioli and the Chilean Sea Bass! We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and high energySashiVIPDined on 9/12/2014Went on a Friday night with a group of 6 friends. They gave us a table for 4 but after some discussion they found us a bigger table. So though we were off to a bad start, once we settled into the new table we had a great time. Everything we ordered was excellent, the service was impeccable, and the sake and cocktails were great.Special Features:
- Always deliversJackDined on 9/12/2014When in AC, we always try to stop at Buddakan for dinner and it never disappoints. We strayed from the tasting menu this time. We enjoyed the calamari salad, file mignon, sesame tuna, and crab rice. Wonderful. As always, great food, nice atmosphere and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentcalukaVIPDined on 9/10/2014We have been here many times and have never been disappointed. The food is outstanding, Asian pork, cashew chicken, ginger chicken pot stickers, lobster fried rice... All fantastic. The flavors are spot on and unique. One of our favorite spots in AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesPetworthVIPDined on 9/9/2014Stephen Starr can do no wrong. I have been to all his restaurants in Philly and love them all. This was my first time at Buddakan in AC and it was just as good as the Philly location. We had the chicken & ginger dumplings, lobster fried rice, sweet/crispy shrimp, 5 spice duck breast, char grilled beef and we would order it all again. The beef was especially good. Waiter was good but a little ditsy - he could have been new because service is always impeccable - highly recommend.Special Features:
- RuthieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Th food was outstanding. Every appetizer was delicious and the sea bass and wasabi crusted filet were more than delicious. Also...the waiter was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!foodsnobDined on 9/9/2014It was wonderful. We live close to NYC and dine everywhere. Having said that, the meal at Buddakan was superb.We tried the tasting menu, and every bite was a delight.Special Features:
- Excellent..if you stay in AC, goforAndreDined on 9/6/2014Very good taste. Nice meals, with amazing spices. Harmony and friendly!! Go for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014We went here to celebrate or anniversary and had a great time. The moose level is a little loud; but not intolerable. Our server was great in suggesting our menu items as well as what drink my wife should order. The food was great; with the Tuna Spring Rolls and chicken & Ginger Dumplings being the high point of appitizers and the Wasabi Crusted Filet the entree clincher. The place is great for sharing food with your partner or a group. They topped it all off with a glass of champagne to celebrate our abbiversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2014Food very good as usual. Server seemed disinterested. Server slow coming to table, then tried to rush ordering-never asked about drinks, didn't keep table clean or change plates (as is customary there). Food was good especially edamame ravioli, though lobster fried rice was 'overfried' with little lobster. Perhaps somewhat of an off night on a holiday? Have been there numerous times before and will probably return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food.gigiandfamilyDined on 9/1/2014great food at a great price. we did the price fixe menu where you get 4 apps, salad, 4 entrees and 4 desserts. so worth it! and ALL the food was delicious. great way to go b/c the menu has everything that looks goodSpecial Features:
- good as usualnightoutVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service and atmosphere great s usual. Some new items in the menue just OK. Skip the crab spring rolls, get the shrimp ones. Crab fried rice was great, protion smaller?? Not sure. Expensive for what it is, but we enjoyed the night.
- Great Food Great ServicePBJ14Dined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed the special. Sea Bass is incredible! Service was fantastic (ask for Brian). My wife had a fantastic birthday dinner.Special Features:
- ImpressedHefefreshDined on 8/31/2014We were very impressed that our waiter knew all of the specific ingredients to the dishes. Since my wife is Vegan, this was really helpful.Special Features:
- Fabulous food selection and serviceFullbellyDined on 8/31/2014The menu options were plenty to choose from and the food was phenomenal!! Everyone was very pleasant and helpful with any questions we had. I love that it's family style and portions are big enough to share and food is brought out as soon as it's ready! The drinks were very tasty as well! The ambience was very romantic and great for couples dinners. We will definitely be returning to Buddakan!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fanat333Dined on 8/31/2014Food is great, but everything very expensive We order tuna rolls for 14$,waiter brought. Plate with only 3 small rollsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomePolskamodelVIPDined on 8/30/2014I just love it here. The food and service are consistently very good. Nothing crazy inventive, yet not too traditional. Just a hip place with dim lighting and good energy. Love love love the cashew chicken...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobBobbyVIPDined on 8/30/2014I noticed a drop in the no of people dining, this might be because of the casinos closing and economy. The staff came by too much to ask if everything was ok, if only our waiter meant it. Perhaps he had too many tables to take care of. This is an area that pulls this restaurant down a notch. I had crab egg rolls that tasted like paste ( I admit I watch ALL the restaurant tv shows). I questioned if they even made them well for sure they were made in advance as the center of the mush was cold. My dinner was fried rice w/lobster good! I think the thing that bothered me the most was our res was made several weeks in advance. Our request was to be near Buddha. We were seated next to the kitchen no view. We changed our seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I came here for a bachelorette with a group of 8. We were running late, and they were incredibly accommodating--pushing our meal out as fast as possible. Every single thing we ordered was incredible, and the cocktails were inventive and delicious. Our bride-to-be loved it. Would absolutely recommend.Special Features:
- Awesome food!JSandKSDined on 8/30/2014Got the bento box which is a sampler of 3 apps, a salad, 3 entries, and 3 desserts. Filet minon and sea bass were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal before a concertJeffinshVIPDined on 8/29/2014We ate at this A/C outpost of Buddakan before a concert recently at Caesar's. Whole the food come out at you rapid-fire, it is all delicious and the order in which you receive things shouldn't deter you from the enjoyment of your wonderful meal. The shrimp, dumplings and beef dishes we ordered we all off the charts and I'd highly recommend a meal here for any occasion.Special Features:
- Dinner for threeereviewDined on 8/29/2014We have eaten at buddakan a number of times in Philly and a couple of time in NYC. Theirs was the first and last in AC. Buddakan is always a bit of a higher priced mid quality Asian, but the s. Starr service and experience always made it enjoyable. Not this time however. The food was bland, the portions skimpier than typical and the service fair.
- Have not been back for a whileMartySVIPDined on 8/29/2014But I should have gone sooner great meal. Next time I will bring more people and enjoy with everybody,Special Features: