Buddakan - Atlantic City
1 Atlantic Ocean
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Buddakan - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buddakanac.com/
- Phone: 6096740100x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Thurs
Lunch 12noon – 3:30pm
Dinner 5:00pm – 11:00pm
Fri and Sat
Dinner all day 12noon – 12:00am
Dinner all day 12noon – 10:00pm
Happy Hour Sunday through Friday 3:00pm until 6:00pm (in the bar area only)
Christmas Eve: Dinner Only, Served 12pm-10pm
Christmas Day: Dinner Only, Served 5pm-10pm
New Year's Day: Dinner All Day, Served 12pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Nery Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With delectable cuisine and stellar service, Stephen STARR Events brings the experiences of the wildly successful STARR Restaurants to the world of catering. “Re-inventing” the traditional event, Stephen STARR Events prepares unique chef-driven creations as well as signature selections from the restaurants with menus tailored to each client. For more information on full-service catering for small and large private, social and corporate functions, as well as, quick-service options, please contact Stephen STARR Events at 215.923.2675.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Cara Rice 609-271-0549 x
A word from Buddakan - Atlantic City
Buddakan has been called “a temple of modern Asian cuisine.” But it’s also a testament to the possibilities of inspired design. Upon entering, the first thing one sees is the surreal Asian garden surrounded by multi-level archways and 25-foot trees that seem to grow through rocks, footbridges and the ceiling itself. The dramatic atmosphere and enchanting karma is enhanced by the presence of a gigantic Golden Buddha that watches over the entire restaurant from a head of a 24-foot communal dining room table. The menu portrays an innovative interpretation of Asian Cuisine that matches the ambience in terms of creativity, inspiration and its capacity to satisfy. A delectably imaginative fusion of Chinese, French and Asian styles that results in dishes that exotic yet comforting – all prepared with perfectionist attention to the smallest detail.Continued
Buddakan’s spectacular yet dreamlike ambience adds a new dimension to the array of destinations at the Pier at Ceasars.
Buddakan’s spectacular yet dreamlike ambience adds a new dimension to the array of destinations at the Pier at Ceasars.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Buddakan - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Buddakan - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
379 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (271)romantic (223)fit for foodies (202)good for groups (202)hot spot (128)late-night find (59)notable wine list (33)great for lunch (30)scenic view (21)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed the special. Sea Bass is incredible! Service was fantastic (ask for Brian). My wife had a fantastic birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Fabulous food selection and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The menu options were plenty to choose from and the food was phenomenal!! Everyone was very pleasant and helpful with any questions we had. I love that it's family style and portions are big enough to share and food is brought out as soon as it's ready! The drinks were very tasty as well! The ambience was very romantic and great for couples dinners. We will definitely be returning to Buddakan!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomePolskamodelVIPDined on 8/30/2014I just love it here. The food and service are consistently very good. Nothing crazy inventive, yet not too traditional. Just a hip place with dim lighting and good energy. Love love love the cashew chicken...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobBobbyVIPDined on 8/30/2014I noticed a drop in the no of people dining, this might be because of the casinos closing and economy. The staff came by too much to ask if everything was ok, if only our waiter meant it. Perhaps he had too many tables to take care of. This is an area that pulls this restaurant down a notch. I had crab egg rolls that tasted like paste ( I admit I watch ALL the restaurant tv shows). I questioned if they even made them well for sure they were made in advance as the center of the mush was cold. My dinner was fried rice w/lobster good! I think the thing that bothered me the most was our res was made several weeks in advance. Our request was to be near Buddha. We were seated next to the kitchen no view. We changed our seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I came here for a bachelorette with a group of 8. We were running late, and they were incredibly accommodating--pushing our meal out as fast as possible. Every single thing we ordered was incredible, and the cocktails were inventive and delicious. Our bride-to-be loved it. Would absolutely recommend.Special Features:
- Awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Got the bento box which is a sampler of 3 apps, a salad, 3 entries, and 3 desserts. Filet minon and sea bass were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal before a concertJeffinshVIPDined on 8/29/2014We ate at this A/C outpost of Buddakan before a concert recently at Caesar's. Whole the food come out at you rapid-fire, it is all delicious and the order in which you receive things shouldn't deter you from the enjoyment of your wonderful meal. The shrimp, dumplings and beef dishes we ordered we all off the charts and I'd highly recommend a meal here for any occasion.Special Features:
- Dinner for threeereviewDined on 8/29/2014We have eaten at buddakan a number of times in Philly and a couple of time in NYC. Theirs was the first and last in AC. Buddakan is always a bit of a higher priced mid quality Asian, but the s. Starr service and experience always made it enjoyable. Not this time however. The food was bland, the portions skimpier than typical and the service fair.
- Have not been back for a whileMartySVIPDined on 8/29/2014But I should have gone sooner great meal. Next time I will bring more people and enjoy with everybody,Special Features:
- Always perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014A great restaurant. Great food. Been many times. Never disappoints. EverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014One word can describe this restaurant, phenomenal Food and service is absolutely top notch all the way. Everything I have ever ordered at budakkan was out of this world. Hands down my favorite restaurant. It's a little on the pricey side but in Atlantic city, it's quite comparable in price to let's say, margerettaville, which isn't even in the same league. You can't go wrong here! Over this past summer, I must have ate here close to ten times.Special Features:
- foodloverDined on 8/27/2014We've visited the AC Buddakan on four ocassions. The first 3 times, our food and service were outstanding. On our 8/27 visit, the restaurant was extremely busy and the service was HORRIBLE! We were there around 9PM for coffee/tea and dessert. We were seated and it took almost 20 minutes for someone to come to our table to take our drink order. It wasn't even our waiter who came over to the table, it was the manager. She had walked past our table and few times and realized that our waiter hadn't been to the table yet. She was the one who took our drink and food order for us. She brought our drinks and desserts to us within 5 minutes. As usual, the food was excellent. It took almost 30 minutes for our waiter to come back with our check.
- A great highlight to our AC visitJamestownSteveDined on 8/26/2014Outstanding restaurant on the third floor of the beautifully renovated pier on the boardwalk! Dining under the darkened ceiling with simulated starlight above and the watchful gaze of the great Buddha lent a relaxing feel to the experience. Food was excellent, definitely five star with enough of each of the entrees we ordered to share around the table (cashew chicken, sweet & crusty shrimp, shrimp and chicken lo mein. My wife and I raved about the salad as the dressing was out of this world! Compliments to your fine chef! Kudos to our waiter as he was outstanding, attending to our needs and questions but not intrusive. Well worth the cost! We will definitely return to the Buddakan again when we can return to AC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !Luv2Eat4FunDined on 8/25/2014We had one of the Best Dining Experiences of our Lives ! Truly Memorable !Special Features:
- Enjoyed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We had a wonderful time. Always enjoy our experience at Buddakan! We will be moving to the west coast and will miss it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great dining experience. Everything was perfect and the chefs dinner was fantastic. We cant wait to come down again and dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal everGlenDined on 8/24/2014This was our 3rd time eating ere and this was by far the best meal we've ever had! The Chilean Sea Bass is to die for! Thank you again for an amazing anniversary dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointed not first timerffergVIPDined on 8/23/2014Drink was bad and food was bland. The service was slow and the overall cost was not worth it. I have been here before and it was much better experience. Not sure I will return.Special Features:
- Go-to resteraunt in ACCiaoDined on 8/23/2014Great food and ambience. Good menu selection, definitely will return next time in A.C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceMimiDined on 8/22/2014Our waiter was so vibrant and passionate about the good he served. He even had awesome little anecdotes about our desserts. Great food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeDined on 8/21/2014wonderful time, easy reservation, waitress most helpful as we had someone who was gluten free, great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End of an EraNYCFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014I've been coming to Buddakan for almost 7 years. That being said, my recent food experience was not the best that I've had. Possibly chef/management change. The service however was great as usual and the drinks phenomenal. The food came out way too quick after our order was placed (5 mins) and the rice was cold and hard and the crab tempura was so starchy and gooey. Not the way it used to be. The sashimi was drenched in oil and the texture hard and almost crunch like. The quality is deterioting and I'm afraid it has now been influenced by the surrounding AC properties that have let success slip through their fingers. It was tradition and something to look forward to coming here for dinner, but now it may be the time to say goodbye...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for small platesgr8fdlvrDined on 8/18/2014This is a great find in Atlantic City. I think the appetizers and small plates are really good. Plus, the ambiance is romantic and really different. The sashimi was amazing and the ravioli was very good as well. The main meals needed more flavor. The sea bass was okay but it was a big piece of bland fish. I am such a foodie that I search out places that are different. I would go back to try the chefs tasting menu and other small things. The Harmony drink was so good and refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and noisydineoutDined on 8/16/2014Went for a special occasion. Although had a curtained booth we were seated near a very loud bachelorette party and difficult to hear. Other than that have been here numerous times and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodRaymondDined on 8/15/2014Service impeccable as usual. Food was great. Always a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT serviceTourmamaDined on 8/14/2014As usual, service is superb. Service staff here are always knowledgeable, pleasant, well-attuned to our interest in eating really good food without being interrupted every 5 minutes to ask how we are, or without reciting their personal favorites on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST FOOD EVER!!!!EatEatEatDined on 8/14/2014Nothing to say except GO THERE!! You will not be disappointed. Everything we ate was magic in my mouth. We had the Chef's Pick or whatever it's called. So much food we couldn't finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014The chef's tasting menu is the way to go. Plenty of food and you get to try all the good stuff. Highly recommend this one!Special Features:
- OutstandingFoodie101Dined on 8/13/2014Buddukan was a great experience overall. The service was outstanding and the food was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!Master1234Dined on 8/13/2014Great location and fantastic food. Get the special and you will be more than happy and leave with a full stomach. Wasn't expecting to get so much food for the price. Waitress was very friendly and helpful. Most definitely will return when in the Atlantic City location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top AC restaurantsmidwayDined on 8/11/2014Was not sure what to expect but LOVED our dining experience here! Helpful, friendly, efficient wait staff. Food was terrific! Have to say, as good as the dinner was, the desserts were outrageous! There are cheaper places to eat in AC for sure but I never mind paying for excellent food and terrific service! Will definitely eat here again!Special Features:
- lorraineDined on 8/11/2014A great place; the fish (sea bass) was absolutely fantastic, well cooked and the filet mignon also perfectly cooked. The asian touch was in every plate. Perfect service also. We were at the Buddakhan in New York a few days ago and both of them are excellent.Special Features:
- Great Time!Luv2dineoutVIPDined on 8/11/2014Went for a retirement celebration. Service was excellent and the food was remarkable. I enjoyed the monk fish which was prepared just as I like it. We also found a great bottle of wine to complement the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday Celebration SpotNJShoreDinerDined on 8/10/2014We were greeted by the staff with a Happy Birthday and immediate escorted to our table. Service is impeccable; several servers assist you at your table. Along with a manager/floor host coming around to make sure all is up to your standards. Sizes are perfect for sharing. We had wasabi encrusted filet, lobster fried rice, sweet and spicy shrimp and finished it off with the Zen Donuts (came with a birthday candle - very elegant and simple touch). All was cooked to perfection and presented quite well.Special Features:
- Interesting diningginaDined on 8/10/2014Budakkan was a very interesting dining experience for our 24th Anniversary. We enjoyed the different methods of preparing foods different then your average restaurant. Very delicious! As well I'd like to note that our waiter Edwin was very informative about our dining experience and was a very gracious server. He's a find, I wouldn't let him go! ;) Over all a very pleasant first time and we will be back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeper!muttdrDined on 8/9/2014The ups: Eclectic, well-executed menu with fantastic mood lighting that sets the tone for a romantic/sexy night out. The downs: pork dumplings are saltier than the Atlantic, and portion size does not lend itself to sharing. Bottom line: a definite date-night keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealDessertFirstVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was fantastic. Third time we dined at Buddakan. Would recommend if you want to try unique, interesting flavors and combinations. Good for groups which can lead to spotty service as our server had several large tables. The pace of the meal was also "off" we had three of four entrees and informed the fourth entree would be out shortly. Shortly?? Last comment - extremely noisy, need a level above Energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisyKateDined on 8/8/2014Friday nights or Saturdays has to be the busiest time for the restaurant . So crowded and the very high noise level. In turn the service isn't up to standard. We love the food but stay a way from the weekends .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chef's menuBrianDined on 8/8/2014Great time at Buddakan - we went with the chef's tasting menu... more than enough food and a good value for the price. Delicious!Special Features:
- Great Location for Dinner in ACOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014Terrific dinner; ambience, service and food were all excellent. Definitely recommend saving room for the zen-ful donuts for dessert - Server was outstanding; friendly and very accommodating.Special Features: