Buddakan - Atlantic City
1 Atlantic Ocean
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Buddakan - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buddakanac.com/
- Phone: (609) 674-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Thurs
Lunch 12noon – 3:30pm
Dinner 5:00pm – 11:00pm
Fri and Sat
Dinner all day 12noon – 12:00am
Dinner all day 12noon – 10:00pm
Happy Hour Sunday through Friday 3:00pm until 6:00pm (in the bar area only)
Christmas Eve: Dinner Only, Served 12pm-10pm
Christmas Day: Dinner Only, Served 5pm-10pm
New Year's Day: Dinner All Day, Served 12pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Nery Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With delectable cuisine and stellar service, Stephen STARR Events brings the experiences of the wildly successful STARR Restaurants to the world of catering. “Re-inventing” the traditional event, Stephen STARR Events prepares unique chef-driven creations as well as signature selections from the restaurants with menus tailored to each client. For more information on full-service catering for small and large private, social and corporate functions, as well as, quick-service options, please contact Stephen STARR Events at 215.923.2675.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Cara Rice 609-271-0549 x
A word from Buddakan - Atlantic City
Buddakan has been called “a temple of modern Asian cuisine.” But it’s also a testament to the possibilities of inspired design. Upon entering, the first thing one sees is the surreal Asian garden surrounded by multi-level archways and 25-foot trees that seem to grow through rocks, footbridges and the ceiling itself. The dramatic atmosphere and enchanting karma is enhanced by the presence of a gigantic Golden Buddha that watches over the entire restaurant from a head of a 24-foot communal dining room table. The menu portrays an innovative interpretation of Asian Cuisine that matches the ambience in terms of creativity, inspiration and its capacity to satisfy. A delectably imaginative fusion of Chinese, French and Asian styles that results in dishes that exotic yet comforting – all prepared with perfectionist attention to the smallest detail.Continued
Buddakan’s spectacular yet dreamlike ambience adds a new dimension to the array of destinations at the Pier at Ceasars.
Buddakan’s spectacular yet dreamlike ambience adds a new dimension to the array of destinations at the Pier at Ceasars.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Buddakan - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Buddakan - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
296 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (213)fit for foodies (180)romantic (170)good for groups (167)hot spot (115)late-night find (43)notable wine list (34)scenic view (27)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Asian themed restaurant with bland foodraygunVIPDined on 11/18/2014Good to go once for the decor and atmosphere but my food did not have inspiring Asian taste. It was rather bland. Others in my party enjoyed their food but they don't have the love for spicy food that I do. I'd rather go to PF Chang's. It would take some persuasion to get me back to Buddakan.Special Features:
- OliveOilDined on 11/16/2014The decor and ambiance are great for a special evening or romantic dinner. Food is very good - Asian leanings, but with a contemporary and exciting flair. Lots of options for vegetarians – including one tofu dish. Wonderful fish options are available as well – Kung Pao Monkfish was very tangy and delicious. Our waitress was very personable and professional. And, thanks to the person who called me to confirm the reservation and suggested the "Den" option - it was just perfect! Sorry I forgot her name...Special Features:
- Night Outmjg359Dined on 11/15/2014Loved this place. Went with my significant other for a romantic night out. Food was outstanding. Drinks were even better. Not our first time here and sure woln't be the lastSpecial Features:
- NikNikDined on 11/15/2014Food was really good. My dining companions all enjoyed their seafood dishes, while I thoroughly enjoyed the BBQ pork loin. My only "complaint" is that the chickena and ginger dumplings had way too much ginger. Even my ginger loving companion thought so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVEMJC71Dined on 11/13/2014LOVED THIS PLACE! GREAT FOOD - GREAT AMBIANCE & GREAT STAFF!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.ArtemEyzipsDined on 11/8/2014Since the day one we are in love with Buddhakan. For as it is rather special place where we gather for somewhat special occasions.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Great food and service! Delicious sea bass!!! A must order item..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodRichieCDined on 11/8/2014Great steaks. Everything was great. We ate all different things so we could all try. And it was all amazing. Way to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphere!agihigginDined on 11/7/2014Went to Buddakan AC with some girlfriends, my second time there, and had a great time! Food and drinks were excellent, ambiance and atmosphere was awesome and service was great! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- BeautifulAandFZDined on 11/7/2014The ginger dressing salad was amazing! We went as a group of 6 and every dish had an amazing taste! Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary!SBe87Dined on 11/7/2014Buddakan AC was amazing! Had the Cantonese spring rolls and satay beef skewers as appetizers, everything was perfectly executed! Followed up by Sliced duck breast and roasted pork for my girlfriend, also superb. And I can't forget the crab fried rice which was epic ! Everything was delicious, the sakè was great as well. Definitely would recommend it to my friends and family! Worth every dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!zia0428Dined on 11/7/2014Great atmosphere, great food. Overall fantastic experience. Great food, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJJJVIPDined on 11/6/2014Attended Teacher's Convention and had dinner at Buddakhan. Great atmosphere, but extremely noisy. Food was okay, nothing special. I have had better asian food at other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome placeROBERTDined on 11/6/2014I always wanted to eat here but was a little scared being so picky with food. This was one of the best meals I have ever ate. I got wasabi crusted steak. Cooked perfectly. We don't usually get dessert but we ended up getting the donuts. Out of this world. Would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itAndyandAnnetteDined on 11/1/2014A wonderful Resturant with great food & service. An asset to Atlantic City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceericDined on 11/1/2014All around fantastic evening here. We were seated in a private booth behind the main floor. The seating was very comfortable with beaded curtains surrounding the booth. Our server was great, very friendly, explaining different menu options, making recommendations when we asked. We chose the chef's tasting menu for two. Everything was delicious and there was plenty of it. The sea bass was my favorite. We also got a pitcher of their sangria, a fall mixture with ginger that was so tasty. Prices are a little on the high end but comparable to what you'd pay at other fine dining restaurants in AC. I would definitely come back and I would prefer Buddakan to any of the cookie-cutter $100-a-plate steakhouses you find in every hotel in AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great meal at BuddakanpickyinmlDined on 10/31/2014Went Buddakan on Friday night. Can't get enough of the place. The wasabi crusted filet was done to perfection. Delicious appetizers... and our waitress was outstanding. The manager came around to see how everything was..always a nice touch. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and great service !Foodie31Dined on 10/31/2014I've dined at buddakan before and this time was just as delicious as the last. The service was amazing both times, but this time it was exceptional. Our waiter was great; very personable yet very polite and professional. It was my birthday but I was too full for dessert. He brought me out a complimentary brownie/cake to go with a candle. That was beyond thoughtful. Thank you everyone at buddakan we will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDeepDined on 10/25/2014I had been wanting to go to Buddakan for some time and I can say it was worth the wait. The décor and ambiance is very "zen" its simple but functional and I thought it was very accurate for the type of food served. The food was amazing. On the night I was there, they had a special chefs selection menu for 2 and it came with a bento box appetizer which contained 3 apps, a salad, 3 entrees to share and a bento box containing 3 desserts. I have never before had so many flavors and combinations come together in one meal. The food came out quickly and right on time. Everything was cooked perfectly and the service was incredible. I can definitely say it was the best meal I've had to date and I left completely full and satisfied.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerLilyDined on 10/24/2014Everything was excellent .. From the service to the food. It was one of the best dinner we have had in Atlantic city. Will certainly come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!ACLuv2dineDined on 10/23/2014From the atmosphere to the drinks and the food, everything was amazing. Highly recommend a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday dinner!CapemaygirlDined on 10/21/2014We went for my birthday and had a wonderful time!! The server was very professional friendly and new what she was doing. Everything was perfect! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingNorthJerseyNVIPDined on 10/21/2014I have dined at Buddakan in Philly and decided to give the establishment in Atlantic City a try. I'm so glad I did. The good was amazing. Buddakan never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!!jaygon29Dined on 10/19/2014I've been to the one in NY and this one is more cool and laid back. The ambience is pretty hip and trendy.Special Features:
- Great FoodgoodfoodDined on 10/19/2014First time here, food was very good and I am a tough critic when it comes to food. Rib app was delicious, asian pork and veg with it was very tasty, chicken and asparagus and buns with it were really flavorful. Desserts were very good. Each item has it's own distinct taste that has tons of flavor. Service was great almost the entire time. Food came out quickly and they stayed on top of the water, which is always a good thing. After we finished eating though it took a while for him to get back to us. I have been to a few restaurants where this has happened which leaves a bit of a bad taste in your mouth. When I am done eating I want to leave. However, he made up for it by giving us free dessert. Overall I would go back for sure.Special Features:
- AC favorite!JessiB0917Dined on 10/19/2014We go to buddakan every chance we get! Service is almost always perfect! Food is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014Limited menu and pricey. Lunch for 2 was $100.00 with tip, including 2 beers. Nearly empty at lunchtime, there was only one other table in the restaurant filled. Maybe that is why. Did enjoy our food. We ordered 2 entrees, duck and an Asian salad. Salad was huge, duck a small appetizer like portion. Both very good. High point was a beautifully presented dessert, their take on a chocolate lava cake with sauces and a small scoop of coffee ice cream. Perfect. Our server was also outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice eveningJonathanDined on 10/18/2014First time at Buddakan and wasn't disappointed. We had the chef's suggested menu and the food was plentiful and all fantastically prepared. Not a particularly cheap option, but then it's Atlantic City, however I left feeling nothing but satisfied with a fun, delicious experience. Will go agin.Special Features:
- AMAZING ALL AROUNDlovinglife5Dined on 10/18/2014Let's start with walking in... Absolutely beautiful. The service was fantastic and the food was amazing! It doesn't get much better!! We went there to celebrate birthdays, my husband and myself. I recommend the calamari salad and the pad thai, but you can't go wrong with any choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit hurried, but great foodAutumnDined on 10/18/2014Our evening at Buddakan was lovely but I wish the food had not arrived so fast. No sooner had we ordered, the plates starting arriving in quick succession. I suppose we could have just slowed our eating and sipped our wine, but I still feel that the pace could have been slowed a bit by the server and the kitchen. The food was delicious, including: the edamane ravioli (3 of them); washabe mashed potatoes ( a nice portion); crispy shrimp (5 nice sized shrimp); stirred fried asparagus (really nice); and sea bass (buttery smooth and tasty). We would come again and try to slow our pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooo goodDmwgeminiVIPDined on 10/18/2014Everything was excellent. Tuna tartar spring fools, crab fried rice and spare ribs for appetizers. Aged beef, pork, salmon and sea bass for entrees. Bread pudding, sorbet trio and crying chocolate for dessert. Wonderful waitress as well.
- Love it there!LauraVIPDined on 10/16/2014This is the place to go when you want to go somewhere that is different. The food is always excellent. We did request a special booth but, didnt get it..oh well...service is usually quicker...oh well...it is an awesome place....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014The service and the food are equally outstanding! This is our favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JlovesyouverymuchDined on 10/15/2014Took my friend out for his birthday. They surprise him with a cake and candle as a request from me. Tha food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!lindasueDined on 10/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first trip to Buddakan. We ordered the chefs tasting menu and were blown away by the variety and quality of everything. The edamame ravioli was so unexpectedly awesome. Our entrees included five spice duck breast, wasabi crusted filet mignon, sea bass, and vegetable fried rice. All were outstanding. Dessert was equally decadent. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, very cleannewbiefoodieDined on 10/12/2014The food was wonderful. We opted for the Chef's tasting menu. We each got our own Bento box of three appetizers. The salad with the cashews was delicious. The sea bass melted in my mouth and the wasabi crusted filet mignon was exceptional. The vegetable rice came with a lemon foam, unexpected but very good. The trio of desserts we each received was just the right touch. Between each course, the server removed the silverware and cleaned the table. Then came back with more plates and silverware (including chopsticks).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of this World ExperienceDrGigiDined on 10/11/2014The food is undescribably delicious. The flavors blend so well together. Every dish that we ordered, and we ordered over 10 dishes, did not disappoint. Outstanding blending of Asian influences in every dish. Never too spicy, never too bold. What a gastronomic feast for the taste buds!!!Special Features:
- Best in town!FerociaFataleDined on 10/11/2014My favorite restaurant of all time. I didn't know that by making a reservation we got to sit in the back rope curtained section which felt so special, our whole party was in awe. I always recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedPhnxBlyDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant is impeccable in service, cuisine & ambiance. We enjoyed delicious food & drinks. Our server was attentive & personable. All staff were very professional. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST FOOD !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014A must try ! Our server was very formative and nice. Food came out a bit slow but for the quality and taste it was outstanding ! We ordered the chefs tasting for 2 and it was so much food ! Everything was delicious. I would definitely come back very soon !!Special Features: