Buddakan - Atlantic City
1 Atlantic Ocean
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Buddakan - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buddakanac.com/
- Phone: 6096740100x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Thurs
Lunch 12noon – 3:30pm
Dinner 5:00pm – 11:00pm
Fri and Sat
Dinner all day 12noon – 12:00am
Dinner all day 12noon – 10:00pm
Happy Hour Sunday through Friday 3:00pm until 6:00pm (in the bar area only)
Christmas Eve: Dinner Only, Served 12pm-10pm
Christmas Day: Dinner Only, Served 5pm-10pm
New Year's Day: Dinner All Day, Served 12pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Nery Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With delectable cuisine and stellar service, Stephen STARR Events brings the experiences of the wildly successful STARR Restaurants to the world of catering. “Re-inventing” the traditional event, Stephen STARR Events prepares unique chef-driven creations as well as signature selections from the restaurants with menus tailored to each client. For more information on full-service catering for small and large private, social and corporate functions, as well as, quick-service options, please contact Stephen STARR Events at 215.923.2675.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Cara Rice 609-271-0549 x
A word from Buddakan - Atlantic City
Buddakan has been called “a temple of modern Asian cuisine.” But it’s also a testament to the possibilities of inspired design. Upon entering, the first thing one sees is the surreal Asian garden surrounded by multi-level archways and 25-foot trees that seem to grow through rocks, footbridges and the ceiling itself. The dramatic atmosphere and enchanting karma is enhanced by the presence of a gigantic Golden Buddha that watches over the entire restaurant from a head of a 24-foot communal dining room table. The menu portrays an innovative interpretation of Asian Cuisine that matches the ambience in terms of creativity, inspiration and its capacity to satisfy. A delectably imaginative fusion of Chinese, French and Asian styles that results in dishes that exotic yet comforting – all prepared with perfectionist attention to the smallest detail.Continued
Buddakan’s spectacular yet dreamlike ambience adds a new dimension to the array of destinations at the Pier at Ceasars.
Buddakan’s spectacular yet dreamlike ambience adds a new dimension to the array of destinations at the Pier at Ceasars.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Buddakan - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Buddakan - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
394 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (281)romantic (229)fit for foodies (213)good for groups (208)hot spot (142)late-night find (59)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (31)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (22)scenic view (21)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014it seems that no matter how many times we frequent this restaurant we are almost always given a horrible table - when perfectly good ones are still open. And yes they do reseat us (after checking with the powers that be while you are left standing in the middle of the restaurant) after we ask for another table. But food keeps us coming back (although quite frankly not as often as we used to as it does get tiresome when you are repeatedly given a lousy table (upstairs in the back next to the stairs or at one in the center of the room when the place is empty and there are numerous booths to be had).Special Features:
- Last minute DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My family and I had a great dinner. OpenTable reservation process worked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Small AppsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014The size of the appetizers was laughable for the price, along with the drinks. Entree portions were a decent size, but still pricy, even for AC.Special Features:
- Great experience!smittyDined on 9/13/2014First time there, the waiter was knowledgeable and very enthusiastic. The food was incredible, especially the edemame ravioli and the Chilean Sea Bass! We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and high energySashiVIPDined on 9/12/2014Went on a Friday night with a group of 6 friends. They gave us a table for 4 but after some discussion they found us a bigger table. So though we were off to a bad start, once we settled into the new table we had a great time. Everything we ordered was excellent, the service was impeccable, and the sake and cocktails were great.Special Features:
- Always deliversJackDined on 9/12/2014When in AC, we always try to stop at Buddakan for dinner and it never disappoints. We strayed from the tasting menu this time. We enjoyed the calamari salad, file mignon, sesame tuna, and crab rice. Wonderful. As always, great food, nice atmosphere and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentcalukaVIPDined on 9/10/2014We have been here many times and have never been disappointed. The food is outstanding, Asian pork, cashew chicken, ginger chicken pot stickers, lobster fried rice... All fantastic. The flavors are spot on and unique. One of our favorite spots in AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesPetworthVIPDined on 9/9/2014Stephen Starr can do no wrong. I have been to all his restaurants in Philly and love them all. This was my first time at Buddakan in AC and it was just as good as the Philly location. We had the chicken & ginger dumplings, lobster fried rice, sweet/crispy shrimp, 5 spice duck breast, char grilled beef and we would order it all again. The beef was especially good. Waiter was good but a little ditsy - he could have been new because service is always impeccable - highly recommend.Special Features:
- RuthieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Th food was outstanding. Every appetizer was delicious and the sea bass and wasabi crusted filet were more than delicious. Also...the waiter was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!foodsnobDined on 9/9/2014It was wonderful. We live close to NYC and dine everywhere. Having said that, the meal at Buddakan was superb.We tried the tasting menu, and every bite was a delight.Special Features:
- Excellent..if you stay in AC, goforAndreDined on 9/6/2014Very good taste. Nice meals, with amazing spices. Harmony and friendly!! Go for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014We went here to celebrate or anniversary and had a great time. The moose level is a little loud; but not intolerable. Our server was great in suggesting our menu items as well as what drink my wife should order. The food was great; with the Tuna Spring Rolls and chicken & Ginger Dumplings being the high point of appitizers and the Wasabi Crusted Filet the entree clincher. The place is great for sharing food with your partner or a group. They topped it all off with a glass of champagne to celebrate our abbiversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2014Food very good as usual. Server seemed disinterested. Server slow coming to table, then tried to rush ordering-never asked about drinks, didn't keep table clean or change plates (as is customary there). Food was good especially edamame ravioli, though lobster fried rice was 'overfried' with little lobster. Perhaps somewhat of an off night on a holiday? Have been there numerous times before and will probably return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food.gigiandfamilyDined on 9/1/2014great food at a great price. we did the price fixe menu where you get 4 apps, salad, 4 entrees and 4 desserts. so worth it! and ALL the food was delicious. great way to go b/c the menu has everything that looks goodSpecial Features:
- good as usualnightoutVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service and atmosphere great s usual. Some new items in the menue just OK. Skip the crab spring rolls, get the shrimp ones. Crab fried rice was great, protion smaller?? Not sure. Expensive for what it is, but we enjoyed the night.
- Great Food Great ServicePBJ14Dined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed the special. Sea Bass is incredible! Service was fantastic (ask for Brian). My wife had a fantastic birthday dinner.Special Features:
- ImpressedHefefreshDined on 8/31/2014We were very impressed that our waiter knew all of the specific ingredients to the dishes. Since my wife is Vegan, this was really helpful.Special Features:
- Fabulous food selection and serviceFullbellyDined on 8/31/2014The menu options were plenty to choose from and the food was phenomenal!! Everyone was very pleasant and helpful with any questions we had. I love that it's family style and portions are big enough to share and food is brought out as soon as it's ready! The drinks were very tasty as well! The ambience was very romantic and great for couples dinners. We will definitely be returning to Buddakan!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fanat333Dined on 8/31/2014Food is great, but everything very expensive We order tuna rolls for 14$,waiter brought. Plate with only 3 small rollsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomePolskamodelVIPDined on 8/30/2014I just love it here. The food and service are consistently very good. Nothing crazy inventive, yet not too traditional. Just a hip place with dim lighting and good energy. Love love love the cashew chicken...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobBobbyVIPDined on 8/30/2014I noticed a drop in the no of people dining, this might be because of the casinos closing and economy. The staff came by too much to ask if everything was ok, if only our waiter meant it. Perhaps he had too many tables to take care of. This is an area that pulls this restaurant down a notch. I had crab egg rolls that tasted like paste ( I admit I watch ALL the restaurant tv shows). I questioned if they even made them well for sure they were made in advance as the center of the mush was cold. My dinner was fried rice w/lobster good! I think the thing that bothered me the most was our res was made several weeks in advance. Our request was to be near Buddha. We were seated next to the kitchen no view. We changed our seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I came here for a bachelorette with a group of 8. We were running late, and they were incredibly accommodating--pushing our meal out as fast as possible. Every single thing we ordered was incredible, and the cocktails were inventive and delicious. Our bride-to-be loved it. Would absolutely recommend.Special Features:
- Awesome food!JSandKSDined on 8/30/2014Got the bento box which is a sampler of 3 apps, a salad, 3 entries, and 3 desserts. Filet minon and sea bass were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal before a concertJeffinshVIPDined on 8/29/2014We ate at this A/C outpost of Buddakan before a concert recently at Caesar's. Whole the food come out at you rapid-fire, it is all delicious and the order in which you receive things shouldn't deter you from the enjoyment of your wonderful meal. The shrimp, dumplings and beef dishes we ordered we all off the charts and I'd highly recommend a meal here for any occasion.Special Features:
- Dinner for threeereviewDined on 8/29/2014We have eaten at buddakan a number of times in Philly and a couple of time in NYC. Theirs was the first and last in AC. Buddakan is always a bit of a higher priced mid quality Asian, but the s. Starr service and experience always made it enjoyable. Not this time however. The food was bland, the portions skimpier than typical and the service fair.
- Have not been back for a whileMartySVIPDined on 8/29/2014But I should have gone sooner great meal. Next time I will bring more people and enjoy with everybody,Special Features:
- Always perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014A great restaurant. Great food. Been many times. Never disappoints. EverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent Decor!FineDiner3Dined on 8/28/2014My husband and I dine at this restaurant whenever we go to Atlantic City. The huge Buddha and star lit sky are breathtakingly beautiful. We opted for the tasting menu at $60 each. We began with a spicy margarita which tasted fabulous. We had pork/mushroom dumplings, Edemame ravioli, Chilean Sea Bass, Wasabi encrusted filet mignon, vegetables, Creme Broulee, banana egg rolls, and fried doughnuts. The manager gave us champagne to celebrate our anniversary. She also sat us at our own private corner after our original table was near a crowded table where there was a stroller nearby. Our waiter made excellent recommendations and the service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchRickjacobyDined on 8/28/2014One word can describe this restaurant, phenomenal Food and service is absolutely top notch all the way. Everything I have ever ordered at budakkan was out of this world. Hands down my favorite restaurant. It's a little on the pricey side but in Atlantic city, it's quite comparable in price to let's say, margerettaville, which isn't even in the same league. You can't go wrong here! Over this past summer, I must have ate here close to ten times.Special Features:
- foodloverVIPDined on 8/27/2014We've visited the AC Buddakan on four ocassions. The first 3 times, our food and service were outstanding. On our 8/27 visit, the restaurant was extremely busy and the service was HORRIBLE! We were there around 9PM for coffee/tea and dessert. We were seated and it took almost 20 minutes for someone to come to our table to take our drink order. It wasn't even our waiter who came over to the table, it was the manager. She had walked past our table and few times and realized that our waiter hadn't been to the table yet. She was the one who took our drink and food order for us. She brought our drinks and desserts to us within 5 minutes. As usual, the food was excellent. It took almost 30 minutes for our waiter to come back with our check.
- A great highlight to our AC visitJamestownSteveDined on 8/26/2014Outstanding restaurant on the third floor of the beautifully renovated pier on the boardwalk! Dining under the darkened ceiling with simulated starlight above and the watchful gaze of the great Buddha lent a relaxing feel to the experience. Food was excellent, definitely five star with enough of each of the entrees we ordered to share around the table (cashew chicken, sweet & crusty shrimp, shrimp and chicken lo mein. My wife and I raved about the salad as the dressing was out of this world! Compliments to your fine chef! Kudos to our waiter as he was outstanding, attending to our needs and questions but not intrusive. Well worth the cost! We will definitely return to the Buddakan again when we can return to AC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !Luv2Eat4FunDined on 8/25/2014We had one of the Best Dining Experiences of our Lives ! Truly Memorable !Special Features:
- Enjoyed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We had a wonderful time. Always enjoy our experience at Buddakan! We will be moving to the west coast and will miss it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great dining experience. Everything was perfect and the chefs dinner was fantastic. We cant wait to come down again and dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal everGlenDined on 8/24/2014This was our 3rd time eating ere and this was by far the best meal we've ever had! The Chilean Sea Bass is to die for! Thank you again for an amazing anniversary dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointed not first timerffergVIPDined on 8/23/2014Drink was bad and food was bland. The service was slow and the overall cost was not worth it. I have been here before and it was much better experience. Not sure I will return.Special Features:
- Go-to resteraunt in ACCiaoDined on 8/23/2014Great food and ambience. Good menu selection, definitely will return next time in A.C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceMimiDined on 8/22/2014Our waiter was so vibrant and passionate about the good he served. He even had awesome little anecdotes about our desserts. Great food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeDined on 8/21/2014wonderful time, easy reservation, waitress most helpful as we had someone who was gluten free, great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End of an EraNYCFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014I've been coming to Buddakan for almost 7 years. That being said, my recent food experience was not the best that I've had. Possibly chef/management change. The service however was great as usual and the drinks phenomenal. The food came out way too quick after our order was placed (5 mins) and the rice was cold and hard and the crab tempura was so starchy and gooey. Not the way it used to be. The sashimi was drenched in oil and the texture hard and almost crunch like. The quality is deterioting and I'm afraid it has now been influenced by the surrounding AC properties that have let success slip through their fingers. It was tradition and something to look forward to coming here for dinner, but now it may be the time to say goodbye...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.