Budda C Asian Bistro
1223 Beacon St
Brookline, MA 02446-5302Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Budda C Asian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buddac.com/
- Phone: 6177390000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Shun Chen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a special catering menu for corporate and promotional events, cocktail parties, family events and holiday celebration.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room for the group of 8 to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6177390000
A word from Budda C Asian Bistro
Budda C bring modern Asian fusion food to brookline with an ultra trendy atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Budda C Asian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Last minute find. Food andTraveller4goodfoodVIPDined on 4/13/2013Last minute find. Food and cocktails were great! However severely understaffed, and waited 25 minutes for our first round of drinks! With a few more staff, this place would be a gem!Special Features:
- Always well-prepared, inventivesamziamVIPDined on 3/3/2013Always well-prepared, inventive and tasty pan-Asian food--Thai, Korean, Chinese, and Vietnamese.Special Features:
- it's too bad this restaurantbrooklinebabushkaVIPDined on 1/23/2013it's too bad this restaurant isn't more popular. the food is decent, and reasonably priced, and the place is very nice, quiet, spacious. the waitstaff is attentive, the choices good.Special Features:
- Great mix of Asian, sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/19/2013Great mix of Asian, sushi and Italian desserts in a nice setting.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Wasn't impressed. Food was just okay and the location was not was I was expecting... definitely will not be going back again.
- We find Budda to be very goodBrooklineCaroleDined on 1/18/2013We find Budda to be very good to go to and bring family/friends to... we love it!Special Features:
- Great food. Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/3/2012Great food. Excellent service. I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- I liked the food here andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012I liked the food here and the ambiance. However it would be great if there were round tables especially for big groups. I went with a big group and I couldn't hear the people on the other side. Otherwise everything was great.Special Features:
- The food was great overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/12/2012The food was great overall. The service was also great. Will be heading back to dine again.Special Features:
- We've been here a couple timesbridetobeDined on 11/3/2012We've been here a couple times now and always for a special occasion, we love it.Special Features:
- Variety is the spice of life!AlliePDined on 10/30/2012You can get sushi, noodles, "traditional" Asian dishes all in one place. There is def. a good variety at this place... If you have a large group it should please everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012This was my first time eating at Budda's and I will be back. The scallop appetizer was delicious. Perfectly prepared. The chicken with mango and chow fun were very good as was the broccoli with garlic. I didn't love the stuffed eggplant appetizer - for this go to Shanghai Gate. Budda's is a quiet, relaxing place for a good, reasonably priced meal.Special Features:
- Try their tapas ... you getOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2012Try their tapas ... you get a lot of bang for your buck! Lots of flavorful food and options and well priced.Special Features:
- Two times when we asked aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2012Two times when we asked about the food we were eating, the waitress mentioned either "checking the box" or "we buy it like that". I don't really love hearing that I am eating packaged food when I am out for dinner. Not too expensive so I guess you get what you pay for.
- Great representation of severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012Great representation of several asian cooking styles - all well executed, often attempted, but rarely pulled off successfullySpecial Features:
- We hadn't been to Budda CKellyjackVIPDined on 7/17/2012We hadn't been to Budda C in awhile. The new (not sure how new) menu is great. We really enjoyed sharing the 'little plates'. Everything was very tasty, great variety, nicely spiced. Good service, nice atmosphere. We will go more often.Special Features:
- Food was amazing with greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2012Food was amazing with great selection and great prices, the portion size was a little on the small size, but overall great, and the food came very quickly despite getting it for 15 people.Special Features:
- A lovely way to end our daughter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2012A lovely way to end our daughter's 8th grade graduation night. We had a party of 9 and everyone's dinner was extremely well received. The best calamari ever.Special Features:
- Excellent, tasteful decorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2012Excellent, tasteful decor with Asian Buddhist theme. Korean dishes shine, especially the hot pots. Friendly, efficient hostess and wait staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Good solid food. The specialtyAlliePDined on 5/25/2012Good solid food. The specialty rolls were HUGE and you really only need 2-3 rolls to split if you're ordering "side dishes" or "noodles" because the portions on those were pretty large! The chicken lettuce wraps were excellent as well as the filet tips. The "tuna madness" roll was not my fave thing I ordered.Special Features:
- The food was overshadowedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2012The food was overshadowed by the very poor service. First, they were short staffed, which I can understand. But, the problem was that no one appologized or even addressed why our drinks took a half hour to arrive or why our food came out piecemeal (despite us asking otherwise). The food took an hour to arrive and was surprisingly good.Special Features:
- Good sushi (not too experiencedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2012Good sushi (not too experienced w/much) decent pad thai. Wife's drink was good and my beer was a little skunky and not that cold. Overall the food was good and the ambiance was great. Would go back again...but order from the tap or a cocktail.
- interesting Asian menu....greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012interesting Asian menu....great food and service...i would go back againSpecial Features:
- Food was delicious. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Food was delicious. Service was a little scattered - they were clearly understaffed but our waiter seemed to be everywhere else but at our table. Didn't help that he forgot to give us the salmon we wanted to take home. Otherwise a great experience!Special Features:
- Very good food. EspeciallyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/4/2012Very good food. Especially the Bass. Big menu with lots of good choices. Great bar menu as wel. A must try.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem, Great FlavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/21/2012Nice surprise in Brookline's Coolidge Corner (St. Paul St.). We had several diners with fussy tastes in our party of 7, and everyone was VERY happy with their meals. Asian fusion menu helpful with "MUST TRY" recommendations. Portions are HUGE. Very generous. Winners: Calamari appetizer, Broccoli side dish (enormous and very flavorful with garlic, hint of sweet and spicy). Ambiance: spacious with wood beam ceiling, comfortable booth seating, and giant friendly Budda centerpiece. Staff and service very friendly. Children fascinated with Budda. Staff tolerant of children's curiosity with Budda. We were so happy w/ our experience at Budda C Asian Bistro that we returned the following Saturday evening as a walk-in party...with kids.Special Features:
- Food and original cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/31/2011Food and original cocktails were delicious with very fresh ingredients. We had a really nice New Year's Eve dinner. The service was a little slow, but we were lingering anyway. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Buddah was a disappointment.ALANVIPDined on 12/30/2011Buddah was a disappointment. It was New Year's Eve, and it was early (5:30pm).There was a larger party (maybe 8-10 people), who were simply put--raucus and distracting. The service was fair. The wait person seemed distracted, and had to be coaxed into assisting us. My friend ordered a martini (a fruit type), and it seemed to be mostly fruit juice. We told are wait person...she asked...what would you want me to do? Great response! The appetizers were excellent; the kung pow fish was tasteless, and the duck fried rice was dried out and flavorless. I had been to Buddah many times for lunch, but never dinner. This was to be a treat..it was not, and certainly not worth $85.00.Special Features:
- Food was great, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2011Food was great, service was a bit slow, and we were put a very awkward table for 2 couples. it was hard to hold a good conversation.Special Features:
- My family loved this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/29/2011My family loved this place. Thanks for being so accommodating.
- We had a great, romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2011We had a great, romantic evening to celebrate our three year anniversary.Special Features:
- Ssssssssssslllllooooowwwww ServiceeatmoretreatsVIPDined on 9/26/2011Slow service. A 20 minute wait for our drink order. 20 minutes for apps. entrees were timely. 20 minutes to wait for the check after I gave our server my credit card. I think we'll to take-out next time
- This was a very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/2/2011This was a very disappointing restaurant. From the menu, it looked like there would be a lot of authentic Asian flavors. But the primary flavor in *everything* we ordered was corn syrup. The primary flavor in the hot and sour soup was sugar (really!). It was a huge bowl of soup, but it wasn't hot, it wasn't sour, it was just sweet, that's it. Everything we ordered was sweet. If you're looking for interesting Asian spicing and flavor, forget about this place.