Bud Brew House
601 Clark Street
Saint Louis, MO 63102Neighborhood:
Downtown St. Louis
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bud Brew House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stlballparkvillage.com/
- Phone: 314-271-5575x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily: 11:00am-11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Philip Dikeman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Areas/Floors of Budweiser Brew House are available for prebooked private events.
- Private Party Contact: Teresa Brennar 3142785300
- Entertainment: The rooftop deck includes an incredible view of St. Louis Cardinals games in a fun, outdoor atmosphere. The Budweiser Brew House also includes a stage so guests can sit back with some of the world’s finest beers while enjoying live music in an intimate and inviting atmosphere, as well as an upscale night club on the second lever. Game-day tickets for the rooftop deck are available through the St. Louis Cardinals.
A word from Bud Brew House
From wings and lobster tacos to St. Louis-style ribs, fresh salads and more, each Budweiser Brew House menu item was created by a chef with a specific beer pairing in mind. Add a suggested beer to your entrée or select one of your favorites for a unique dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bud Brew House - Best Restaurants in Downtown St. Louis ›
Bud Brew House reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (16)scenic view (11)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Birthday! !!!TURNUP906Dined on 9/6/2014It was my cousin Birthday - We had a wonderful waiter. Had A Blast!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Good: Food was very good. Waitress was excellent. Lively atmosphere. Bad: The hostess station was a disaster. Stood in line with group of other patrons for an inordinate amount of time. Individuals manning the hostess station seemed lost and very disorganized - like it was opening night. Lady behind me mentioned the same issue. After dinner I went back to the hostess station to get my parking ticket validated and things had not improved. The group was still just as disorganized as they were an hour prior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party plannerThePartyPlannerDined on 8/21/2014The Brew House had delicious food. The service was excellent. Making reservations on-line was great, especially since I was planning a gathering for a group. After I made the reservation , I was automatically sent an invitation form to send out to everyone in our group, they loved that option. Thanks, for a great place to have a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OAAinSTLDined on 8/13/2014Everything was great-- grilled salmon was cooked perfectly -- rice pilaf was moist and flavorful, and the grilled asparagus was very tender. Our waitress was friendly and helpful but not hovering. We dined outside, a pleasant,mild evening, which topped off our visit perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!49erfanDined on 8/8/2014We had a group of seven for an away Cardinals game. We sat right by the window that overlooked the Fox Sports Grill and could see the big TV. Fabulous food!! Highly recommend the Butter Cake for dessert. Service was decent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch reviewlunchgroupyDined on 8/4/2014I was somewhat concerned about this restaurant after reading the review in the Post-Dispatch. There were 10 of us- I hosted the office staff for lunch then a private tour at Busch Stadium. Overall, the food was good-very good and portions were very adequate. The service was good, attentive but our female server was over the top - calling every one in our all female middle-aged group- gorgeous, beautiful, baby girl, etc. It was very annoying and condescending and was the topic of conversation the next day at the office. Also, she took our order by number but when the food was delivered, we had to call out what we had - again, annoying. Making reservation was also a task due to large group. Teresa never responded to my e-mail request.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerAmyCDined on 7/25/2014The food here was ok...I'd go back. Someone in our party had the fish and chips and it looked awesome. Our server, Darnell (I think), was great. He was very attentive and after our meal even took the time to take us upstairs, show us around a bit and even took a group photo for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but poor food/serviceRayODined on 7/16/2014The surroundings were great, nice large comfortable space but the service was slow and not knowledgable. The food was over cooked but the steak was good. Overall, a nice place but not worth the money unless you're going for drinks and appetizers.Special Features:
- Business Lunch (NOT)DisappointedDined on 7/15/2014While the food was okay, the Brew House is not the proper setting for a business lunch. We had six people in our party. It was difficult to hear each other speaking during lunch due to the volume of the music. While I will return for social engagements, I will not recommend visiting the Brew House for a business lunch. As an fyi, most of the menus were torn at the fold and the eating utensils were bent to the point where one individual had to ask for replacements. I'm surprised at the level of "wear and tear" given the restaurant has only been opened since April of this year.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014As part of a large group I expected slower service, but I thought this restaurant would be able to handle this size group especially on a slow night (no Cardinals game). The waitress was attentive and the appetizers we ordered were good, but the main course was disappointing. The food came out 2-3 dishes at a time and was not grouped together. Some people didn't get their food until 5 minutes after the people around them. When the food did come out, many people complained that it was lukewarm or cold. Overall, I thought it was a very expensive meal for mediocre food and service. If you are just looking for a place for a beer and appetizer it would be great, but I wouldn't recommend going for dinner, and definitely not with a group.
- Great addition to STLYesitsmeannaVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great food, loved the salad. Good service, reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedMediocreDined on 7/12/2014When you walk in the door from inside Ballpark village you are greeted with a huge bar and you have no clue where the hostess stand is located. Eventually, we saw someone that worked there that pointed us in the right direction. We were seated promptly, since we had a reservation, then it took around 10-12 minutes to get a server. For appetizers, we got calamari (fairly decent portion) and the Louisiana shrimp, which consisted of 5 tiny shrimp, and lacked flavor. Also, the cost difference was only .70 cents - they need to work on taste and portion size to say the least. Main entrees were good, but the server didn't follow-up until we were half-way through dinner and the constant screaming from the bar area next to us was annoying.Special Features:
- Brew House LunchluvingABbrewhouseDined on 7/12/2014I had lunch with one of my daughters and it was perfect. The server happily answered all of our questions. We received everything in a timely manner. I asked for more cheese for my salad and it was delivered immediately with a smile at no charge. Definitely will make a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time watching away gameZGareDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I sat at a table out in the Biergarten on the East Side outdoors and watched the away Cardinals game on the TVs above the bar. Good food. Good Service. That side is in the shade late afternoon and evening, so the weather was fine.Special Features:
- Poor Service...Again!WSBULLDined on 7/11/2014This was our 2nd visit to this restaurant. We had family in from out of town and wanted to take them to dinner at Ballpark Village, then watch the Cards game afterwards on the big screen. We had reservations and were seated quickly. However, they only gave us 2 menus for a party of 7. The hostess said she would bring over some additional menus, but never did. She did not tell us the name of our waitress. I saw a young waitress talking to 2 guys at the bar for awhile, while we waited for someone to come over and take our drink orders. About 10 minutes later, we found out that was our waitress. She managed to screw up both our drink order and our food order and was not very attentive. The food was just OK. Service was awful!Special Features:
- NOISYtrashcupDined on 6/27/2014Food was great, service was good, but don't go there if you expect to talk to each other. There's nothing to absorb the noise.Special Features:
- Bad ServicecknloverDined on 6/27/2014The service here is really slow. The hostess gave away our reservation, but prior to this, they claim that we didn't even make a reservation. The food is okay. There was a huge moth inside of the napkin.Special Features:
- Will definitely be backBigDDined on 6/26/2014Good food, great beer selection, attentive servers. Overall a really neat place. Prices are slightly high for some things , but about right for others. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but no triviaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014Brought a group of 8 friends for advertised trivia, food was fine, beers were good, and service was great. We had a good time, but they cancelled trivia for some reason. We still had a good time, but disappointing since that was one of the reasons we came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sports placejustcheckinDined on 6/12/2014Loved the place. It's a beautful place with a fun and lively atmosphere. However, I thought it would have been family friendly during the day. It wasn't. They do not have kid's meals and the ladies wear extremely short and tight skirts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar atmosphere-good menu4everfoodieDined on 6/9/20141st level Dining is a bar atmosphere in terms of noise and decor-food selection is good-lots of choices good overall quality. the best parts of the brew house are the 2nd and 3rd levels. 2nd level has better atmosphere -more refined and not as noisy. 3rd level is outdoor section with bar and great view of stadium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location & atmosphereSunshineDined on 6/6/2014The atmosphere and staff at the Brew House was amazing. We had a group of 25 and were accommodated with out any problems. The live performance was entertaining and they engaged with the crowd. The only downside was the food. While the food was understandably cold (since they served the whole group at one time) it was also very bland. The drinks where amazing though. I will be going back for drinks and music, but next time I will stick to appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeerutifulDiner2010Dined on 6/6/2014The environment was awesome for socializing but the service was a little slow. We saw our serve to total of about three times. Once to take our order, then to check after food was deliver and finally for the bill later.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We will not be back. Service and food were very poor.
- Fun VibeLizzDined on 5/25/2014Must make reservations if you want a table. We went on a Sunday night when cards were out of town and there was a 1 1-2 hr wait for a table. Food was OK nothing special but they did have a lot of variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceStLCardsFan57Dined on 5/25/2014It was our first visit to the St. Louis Ballpark Village Bud Brew House. We had a group of 8; the food and the service was great! I especially enjoyed my grilled salmon dinner--it was excellent! We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrewhousekcbsailDined on 5/24/2014It's exactly what you would expect, loud, busy, lots of first time lookers and diners. Designed for the young, beer drinking crowd, the ribs were excellent and a massive portion. The liquor is overpriced and you're not likely to hang out here every night. We went on an away game and the crowd was enthusiastic. Definitely check it out for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBbhawesomeDined on 5/24/2014We recently ate at Budweiser brew house and had an amazing time. Our server Darnell did an exceptional job and even walked us to the rooftop after dinner. We will be going back again and be recommending it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept not realizedblue156Dined on 5/23/2014The website is misleading. There are very few beers on tap despite the presence of many taps --all dispensing the same few beers. There were no beers available beyond the grocery store standards. It looked nice --windows open to outdoors and the jumbotron game broadcast (which we could not hear for the LOUD music from the speakers, the band on the patio, and the band setting up on the stage. Our service was awful, despite a nearly empty restaurant. The burgers are frozen patties (mine was still cold), the pasta was gummy, and the BBQ items are not brisket or burnt ends, it is pulled pork. The ribs were ok. The fries and onion rings were OK. If you want to pay ball park prices for lackluster products and service, be their guest.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Bud Brew House reviews archive.
- Thumbs downpennntasDined on 5/11/2014Other than the waitress. The service was poor. The hostess ignored my party as we stood by the door to be seated. Then she say us in an unmonitored section to wait even longer. Our food was messy and un appealing. Not a good experience at all
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014The atmosphere is set for a fun night of sports, beer and food!Special Features:
- Need workers with experiencedisappointedDined on 5/11/2014The drinks weren't up to par. Midwest live drinks were 10 times better. The service was horrible, and we had to send back both drinks and food numerous times. The manager was nice and comped a few items on our bill and asked us to try them again. I will give it another try but if it's the same I will not return. As of now I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- mickDined on 5/11/2014Service wasn't good at all. WE had to wait a long time between visits to refresh drink orders. Had a reservation, and still had to wait in line .It didnt look like it was running smoothly , hopefully that will change. Food was mostly good, avacados didnt look very fresh that were in salad.mSpecial Features:
- Bad serviceGirlygirl30Dined on 5/10/2014I had to wait over an hour for my food. Then when it came my steak was burnt, i then had to send it back and waited another 45 mins to get a new one.Special Features:
- Great place, food was ok though.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Ballpark village is great! I had the brisket burger and it was good but not great. The brisket gravy fries were not the best either but I will go back just to spend time in Ballpark village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Food was good, service was average. Our server was not very knowledgeable or personable. After being asked which band was playing, he said "I have no idea" and never found out. It seemed like he was too busy. I liked the lobster tacos and my fiance liked the sandwich he tried.Special Features:
- Good but slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014The food was great. I made a reservation for 10 people on a non-game day weekend afternoon. The table was ready as soon as we arrived. The service lacked, however. There were several mix ups on our food and drink orders. We had to remind the waitress several times that one of our guests did not have a drink yet. Ballpark Village was fairly slow compared to what I have seen it on game days or even special event days. I would be extremely worried about the accuracy and speediness of a larger group on an important, busy day. Our food was hot and good, but took a long time to get out to the table (over 45 minutes). The overall experience was still okay.Special Features:
- Fun place to dineOAAinSTLDined on 5/7/2014Everyone in our group thought the food was great-awesome burgers and beer shrimp. The only negative was the side rice, which was either undercooked or just really dried out since it was hard and chewy. Overall we had a great time and def will return. Love Ballpark Village!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014The restaurant was outstanding. But I didn't like my meal. But I will be happy to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceCousinsDined on 5/3/2014This was an awesome place both for large and small groups. Loved the fact we could make a reservation on-line. Service and food were both excellent and the atmosphere was great (even though it wasn't a Cardinal game).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.