Bud & Alley's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar
2236 E County Highway 30A
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Bud & Alley's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.budandalleys.com/
- Phone: (850) 231-5900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: David Bishop
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For 23 years we have been specializing in amazing events right on the Gulf in Seaside. Whether you are booking a wedding reception in our beautiful gulf front courtyard or a private corporate luncheon in our open-air gazebo, we can create a unique and unforgettable experience tailored for your needs. We have always been known for our outstanding service and award winning menus. We look forward to making your event an exciting and memorable day.
- Private Party Contact: Kim Estes 8508654780
A word from Bud & Alley's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar
Founded in 1986 and named for a dog and cat, Bud & Alley's has been a revered gathering place by loyal patrons for great food, great fun and Seaside's finest sunsets for 23 years. South Walton's longest established restaurant, Bud & Alley's is nestled in the dunes overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Bud & Alley's has garnered numerous awards including Florida Trend Magazines Golden Spoon Award designating the eatery as one of the top 20 restaurants in Florida as well as receiving a five star designation from the Tallahassee Democrat and annually winning Wine Spectator Magazines Award of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bud & Alley's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Seaside ›
Bud & Alley's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (7)special occasion (7)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The atmosphere was good but the service was less than desirable and the food was ok but very salty. We had to get the water server to bring bread and find our waiter. It took about 30 minutes to place our order.Special Features:
- Crab cakeschuck2463Dined on 9/17/2014The crab cakes were excellent and quite rich. My wife and I split an order along with salads and was plenty of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2014Bud and Alleys used to be somewhere you could count on for a great meal. It seems to no longer be the case, as the quality overall has declined significantly over the past several years. While the prices continue to go up, the quality of the food and the service in general continue to go down. A case of too little competition and coasting by on an old reputation.
- PerfectBrHoDined on 8/14/2014We were vacationing in the area and looking for a spot to have "date night" with some friends of ours near the beach. This place is tucked in behind some shops and doesn't seem like much from outside. Although we sat inside, we could see the beach and ocean just outside the window. To cut to the chase, the food was perfect - crab cakes and grouper were unbelievable, as was the appetizer of shrimp/jalapeno cornbread. The waitress recommended a bottle of wine which fit with the meal very well. Unfortunately, the food was so good, we didn't leave room for dessert but I would expect them to have been very good (we watched a few go by but just couldn't do it!!) Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better evening from any aspect.Special Features:
- Great place to watch the sunsetPenelopy25VIPDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful neighborhood gem. Rooftop bar is amazing place to watch the sunset over the beach. BBQ shrimp appetizer is amazing as well as the chili fried okraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice outdoor dining offeringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We went to Bud and Alley's for our 15th Anniversary. We made the best of it but our service was so lacking. We'd ask for something and then have to re-ask and re-ask. Our bread came so late it almost didn't matter anymore. We had a very nice table which we had requested, in the gazebo area. You can't see the ocean unless you're standing but it was still nice being outdoors and so close to the sea. I had a drink called the seaside something or other. Very good, although more ice than drink. My scallops were absolutely amazing - yum. We felt the prices for this restaurant were so high for the level of service. We had SUCH BETTER service at Cafe 30-A and did well for the $ on their BOGO offer. If you have to choose, go 30-A.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014My fish dry and looked like it had been sitting under the heating lamp for a while.Our main entrees took long. Service was poor. Waited a long time and for waiter and he never checked to see if we needed. ed more drinks. We had to ask a busboy for a dessert menu. Busboy was great.
- Perfect SettingHappilyeverafterDined on 7/30/2014My boyfriend and I had made dinner reservations for 7:00 pm, but arrived a little early. The friendly staff accommodated us immediately & sat us outside at romantic corner table #49. I will never forget this table; it's subtle isolation from the larger group tables & romantic ambience was enough to inspire my boyfriend to get down on one knee and propose. The best part was that we were able to buy B&A t-shirts to commemorate the special occasion. We look forward to returning to "our spot" many times over the course of our life together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 268 reviews are from the Bud & Alley's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Great place for the end of the daybackagain2014Dined on 7/18/2014We found this restaurant many years ago in our yearly trip to this area and have been back numerous times and have never been disappointed in the food or service.Special Features:
- Seaside foodLOVETOEATOUTVIPDined on 7/18/2014Thanks for great service,great Yukon gold potatoes..too die for crab cakes..that were ordered by many people around us..good established place with kindness of staffSpecial Features:
- Bud and Alley'scoterotieDined on 7/17/2014Ordered appetizers, FGT w/ west indies salad and smoked tuna dip. After a few minutes she appeared again to ask about entrees etc. Went ahead with the rest of the order, Caprese Salad, Grilled whole fish (pompano), Grilled Pork chop, Baked Oysters. Tuna Dip was very good something spicy would have helped, lavosh was good with it. The crabmeat was pasteurized and had dark and regular special crabmeat. Mid-way through the aps, the Caprese arrived 1 basil leaf not chopped. pushed to the side, finished aps. Finally head waiter brings offering of bread. Entrees arrived, Pompano Very Good, Pork Chop murdered, dry and tough. Oysters Excellent. Felt really rushed the whole time. Barely had enough time to finish 1 drink and 1 glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date nightLhof24Dined on 7/17/2014Bud and Alleys was the perfect spot for a special occasion! The food and wine were delicious and our waitress was very sweet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30-A GemHungerpainDined on 7/15/2014Always a favorite of ours, while on vacation. To enjoy beachfront dining with high quality food and drinks, at the same time folks in flip flops and bathing suits are coming and going to the beach is unique. The setting and area is crammed during peak season, but worth the effort.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Always fabulous food and experience with B & A! My daughter specifically asked to go here for her 15th birthday dinner. Loved watching the sunset while eating delish food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experiencesanibillDined on 7/11/2014Our server was exceptional....laid back, not pushy, but had excellent recommendations. The crab cakes are the best I've had....tons of lump crab meat with a light breading. The bbq shrimp with jalapeño cornbread was our favorite. We will return here each time we visit seaside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Fabulous!! I had to add to the reservation, and we arrived thirty minutes early--they had our table ready and accommodated us perfectly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceVisitorFromTexasDined on 7/7/2014My wife and I enjoyed a late dinner at Bud and Alley's and had a great experience. The crab cakes were 100% crab from what I could tell...some of the best I have ever had. My wife had the scallops, which were also delicious. We had a great table in the corner with a wonderful view of the moon-lit Gulf. I would recommend Bud and Alley's to anyone visiting the Emerald Coast, not just Seaside. We drove in from Four Mile Village near Destin, about a 25-minute drive, and it was well worth it. Our late reservation time also provided a quieter and more relaxed atmosphere, and it was easier to find a parking spot in bustling Seaside.Special Features:
- Perfect anniversary dinnerSkgsDined on 7/7/2014Went to eat here for my anniversary with my boyfriend. It was so great the food was incredible and the view at sunset was breathtaking. Service was awesome and super helpful. Food was great, combo of things that you would never think to put together but worked out awesome when you didSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/3/2014We were a party of eight, including two small children, and they were very accommodating. Even though the restaurant was packed, the service was good and we never felt rushed. The food was wonderful and very good. Interesting combinations of flavors. Great wine list. A MUST on 30A!Special Features:
- Ah-mmmmm-azing food!JkingDined on 7/3/2014This was absolutely the best food we had in the whole area from Rosemary to Destin. The crab cakes were impressive in size and quality of crab meat and the beef medallions were cooked to perfection and delicious!!!!! Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've had better meals at B&A'sDutchVIPDined on 7/1/2014This is by far our favorite restaurant in Seaside. Typically the food and service is excellent. During our last visit we found the food to be so-so. The salad dressings were not very good and salmon was bit too over cooked. The meals were not up to B&A's standard but the service was painful. The bus-help ran around incessantly filling our water glasses. There wasn't much regard for what we were doing or whether it was appropriate to barge in. We will continue to dine at B&A's and chalk this experience up as a bad night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seaside ClassicWombatVIPDined on 6/24/2014Always my favorite restaurant in Destin area. Best crab cakes anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BeachgalsDined on 6/19/2014We arrived early and they were able to seat us. We took inside table, it was quiet & cool. I really like outside & bar area but it does get lively out there. Varied group- families & couples. Menue changes & always fresh. Good vegetablesSpecial Features:
- A Seaside GemReamdogDined on 6/10/2014Excellent Restaurant in an area with great food...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOkiesinFloridaVIPDined on 6/6/2014I've had worse food and much better food. Service was just ok. A little peeved that chef would not take the heads of the shrimp off before serving. Average food at best. If you want to pay $50 per person for an average meal, go right ahead.
- 2014 Seaside VacationMrsdoatDined on 5/31/2014Bud & Alley's was wonderful! Good was great and service was awesome! Go hungry...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/30/2014I've eaten at Bud & Alley's for several years and the restaurant has steadily declined. No grouper on the menu? No tuna? The food was mediocre at best and the service was poor
- Rude hostess but above average foodMichSamDined on 5/29/2014We were on time for our reservation but the hostess did not acknowledge us in anyway upon our arrival or after we stood there (as the only guests). Our waitress was only a bit of an improvement. For the price point we have definitely had better food but the view was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what the fuss is aboutpaintchipgirlDined on 5/26/2014Yes, the food was good but that's what we expected given the prices. Our experience was dampened by the terrible table we were given (in a corner of a room screen by the kitchen. Yes, I realize that a party of 5 is awkward, but surely this wasn't your first time?). One of our chairs stuck out into the aisle, so my husband got bumped by every person who passed by. The aisle was on the path to the outside deck, so this happened often. The bus boy assigned to us was sweet but obviously in training. He reached over and in front of members at our table to refill water or set down dishes. Noise level was okay but increased as larger parties were seated nearby. All these are, I suppose, minor but detracted from the dining experience.Special Features:
- Not the sameFamilyfourDined on 5/23/2014We have been going to Seaside for 20 years. Everything here is declining, including attitude. They first attempted to seat our group of 4 right on top of the bus boys' tables. Literally in the back corner just about out of the outdoor portion of the restaurant. It was steamy, muggy and uncomfortable at the table we were relocated to, but at least there was room. The prices for the food you receive are just ridiculous. We have spent our years living in very urban areas and this food cannot hold a candle to fine dining in say Chicago, Houston or Boston. Sorry Bud and Alley's but your side salads are not worth $14. And your entrees are certainly not worth $40. Combine that with an attitude when you first walk in and we'll pass, thanks.
- Best Meal All WeekNHretiredDined on 5/17/2014We made last minute reservations at the recommendation of someone we met on the beach and we were not disappointed. I had the crab cakes and my husband had the grilled salmon. Both dishes came with ample food and were delicious. I could not eat both crab cakes so we took them home and had them the next night and it was just as delicious. We were seated right away and our waitress came within a few minutes. There was plenty of support staff so our water glasses were always full and the empty dishes were taken away quickly. This is definitely going to be come one of our go to places when we visit the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day Dinnerrgw1958Dined on 5/11/2014The overall experience was very good. The food was well prepared and the service was prompt. We always enjoy eating at this establishment when we stay in Watercolor. I would recommend this restaurant to others.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, except hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We had an amazing experience at Bud and Alley's. We went for dinner on Mother's Day. The food was excellent and the service was well-above par. Our server, John R., did a great job managing our many requests - including changing our minds on appetizers. The one thing I would say is that we wanted a table outside but the hostess told us they were booked solid for the patio. At the time is was a tad early, 7:00 p.m. so we thought that the patio would fill up. But it never did. By the time we finished our meal, around 9:00 p.m., there were still 4-5 empty tables. They were empty the entire time we were dining. For that reason I am giving this 4 stars on service - but that should be no reflection on our actual server, John R. He was great.Special Features:
- Rushed and better optionsZenfoodieDined on 5/6/2014I've dined at all the restaurants in Seaview and have given b&a three chances. It's off season and there is no excuse for rude waitstaff and the rush to turn a table we experience here. Food is good but not as good as the alternatives. Not relaxing!Special Features:
- ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/28/2014Always consistent...always good. Fresh seafood that never disappoints. Close to the vibrant downtown area of SeasideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and scenery on 30aEmmie11Dined on 4/21/2014Consistently good food at one of the best restaurants on 30a. Service was excellent. Sitting outdoors made for a pleasant view and nice ambiance. Standouts includes crab cakes, smoked tins dip and grilled fresh fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, but..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014expensive!! We had the scallops and whole baked fish and they were just as good as the service, but this was an expensive meal, so I would recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Bud & Alley'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014We enjoyed a nice evening with our children and their significant other's. The food was outstanding and we enjoyed the gulf view as we ate and visited. We will definitely be going back during our next trip to Seacrest Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningLizzieDined on 3/17/2014We had a great time at Bud & Alley's . . . our waiter (sadly, I can't remember his name), is a fantastic waiter; we've had his service before. I really wish I could remember his name to give him due credit, but I can't. WONDERFUL waiter. My only complaint is that there were a lot of noisy middle school and high school kids hanging around. Some were sitting at tables together and actually eating, but others were just hanging around those tables chatting with their friends. If they're not sitting down and dining, they should say what they need to say and then leave. If they don't, the staff should ask them to leave. Food is GREAT! (a bit overpriced, but it's due to the location) and the ambiance is wonderful (when spring break is over).Special Features:
- Don't expect anyone to be niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Bud & Alleys is a great restaurant and they know it. Hostess staff is rude and condescending because they know that they're restaurant's food is the reason for the demand so they'll pretty much say take it or leave it to you since they know there's 5 more right behind you. Overall, great food and ok service with a smug staff. They will also refuse to split a ticket!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.