Bud & Alley's PCB
5323 N Lagoon Dr
Panama City, FL 32408Neighborhood:
Panama City Beach - Bay Point
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bud & Alley's PCB
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.budandalleys.com/
- Phone: 8502492111
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For 25 years we have been specializing in amazing events on the Gulf Coast. Whether you are booking a bridal luncheon, rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, or a corporate function, we can create a unique and unforgettable experience tailored for your needs. We have always been known for our outstanding service and award winning menus. We offer in house and off site catering for large and small events alike. Contact Tiffany Windsor TiffanyPCB@budandalleys.com for events east of Powell Lake and Kendyl Barrett Kendyl@budandalleys.com for events from Destin to 30a.
- Private Party Facilities: http://www.budandalleys.com/special_events.php
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment and DJ"s nightly upstairs on our open air deck over looking the Grand Lagoon.
A word from Bud & Alley's PCB
Celebrating nearly 30 years in Seaside, FL, Bud & Alley"s new sister restaurant in Panama City Beach now overlooks Historic Grand Lagoon. Serving award-winning menus with the freshest regional seafood as well as a Naples-style wood-fired pizza bar. Enjoy daily sunset celebrations during Happy Hour and the best of late night entertainment and DJs. Florida Trend magazine’s Golden Spoon Hall of Fame award winner. 5323 Lagoon Drive at the Lighthouse Marina 850-249-2111 BudAndAlleys.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bud & Alley's PCB - Best Restaurants in Panama City Beach - Bay Point ›
Bud & Alley's PCB reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (41)great for outdoor dining (38)special occasion (16)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (15)romantic (13)fit for foodies (12)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (6)hot spot (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/9/2014the menu looked great, the execution was so-so. Service was great and location can't be beat. Tourists will probably be impressed - foodies, not so much. Firefly still best option around for guaranteed quality eats.Special Features:
- food was severely over priced :-(sadtosayDined on 8/8/2014Service and atmosphere was GREAT. Food and drinks were really overpriced and did not taste good. The baked oysters were cold and did not taste good. The breading on our fried food fell off when we tried to pick it up to eat it and was under seasoned. Just a bad experience. I hate writing bad reviews, but I felt you should know so you can do something about it. And drop the prices by at least $5-$8.
- Relaxed outdoor diningGoodServicePleaseDined on 8/1/2014We took the kids and grand kids out to dinner. We enjoyed the outdoor dining along the waterfront. Good service and many other kids activities in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food with a beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014we enjoyed a wonderful meal while visiting PCB this summer . the food and atmosphere were great. the only disappointment were the hush puppies...very dry. otherwise, we enjoyed our adult dinner out!Special Features:
- Foodchick66Dined on 7/30/2014Glad to have Bud and Alley in PCB! Great view. Food was good. Service needs to step up. I asked for Hendricks gin, rather than telling me that they don't have Hendricks they made my drink with another brand. I knew something wasn't right with the drink. Server told me later... And then brought salad out with the entrees instead of before. We will definitely go back and hope that they open for brunch/lunch on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bud & Aliey's Doesn't DisappointBluegrassLassDined on 7/27/2014The new location in Panama City Beach is a great addition to Bud & Alley's. We enjoyed a table overlooking the marina and bay, and the food was delicious. It's a new tradition for our PCB stays.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!SlmooreDined on 7/25/2014The food was excellent not to mention the service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the outdoorLovinitDined on 7/24/2014I know it new to PC so training is still being worked on for service but 30 min to get a glass of wine and 45 before bread was given? Too long Calamari was TOUGH Marinara sauce dropped through table slats and got on my clothes, shoes and feet. Menu selection is too limited. No baked potato? If kids don't eat seafood or pizza, not a place for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere on LagoonPCBgalDined on 7/16/2014Used to patronize this spot when it was another restaurant, so when friends visited again they wanted to compare. We went on a Wed night in mid-July when the beach is full of tourists and right off were disappointed when told we could not sit upstairs, which is the best view in the place. Our server was from England and he was very personable and attentive. The crab cake (2) entree ($29) was delicious, full of crab, but lacked a fruit salsa or remoulade for a side accompaniment, just arugula on top. The pan-roasted scallops & grits entree ($30) was very good; the white pizza was dry with very little topping. This is the 3rd attempt at a pizza there, and it does not compare to their 30-A pizza at all. We would go back, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab cakes😌luvtodineoutDined on 7/12/2014Tuna tartare was really good, capaccio was excellent. The pizzas were ok, georgia grits had no flavor. Fried green tomato appetizer was delish. We thought the etouffee on the snapper too watery with no flavor.. It was more like a fish stew. 4 ppl dining, we each had our own appetizer and entree. Ordered a bottle of wine, Rodney Strong chardonnay. Very good! Chairs were very uncomfortable. We may come back after they get the kinks out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for the qualityFloridagirlDined on 7/10/2014We started on the lower deck ( nice view of the marina) and had to go inside because of the noise level. Everything is a la carte and each side starts at $6. B&A is new to Panama City Beach after establishing a good reputation in Seaside. We may try it again for lunch some day, but we won't be back for dinner nor would we take out to town guests there. The food was very good but just not worth the prices. Tourists may pay it, but I doubt B&A will develop a strong local following.Special Features:
- TERRIBLE SERVICE at Bud & Alley'skingfishDined on 7/5/2014had 8:30 reservations, arrived at 8:15 to be told no table was available because people from 5:00 were still seated. handed a pager and directed to go to the bar.....I didn't want a drink I wanted dinner. after waiting an hour the pager finally went off and we were seated. 20 minutes later we left the restaurant without ever seeing a waitress. bus boy said he would send a waitress over, didn't happen, hostess said the same thing, didn't happen. While talking to some friends about our experience they said our complaint was not the first time they heard of that treatment from Bud & Alley's. We are locals not tourists here in Panama City, we will never go back to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Delicious SeafoodlocaldinerDined on 7/5/2014The Sea Scallops, Grouper and Red Snapper were totally delicious, however one in our group ordered the pizza and totally disappointed with it. Not at all like the Seaside location pizza. OVERALL - we were blown away by the delicious seafood!Special Features:
- Great place, good food.FesterF15Dined on 7/4/2014We've eaten at Bud & Alley's in Seaside and so we wanted to try to the new location closer to home, in Panama City Beach. We were also hoping to see the 4th of July fireworks, given we have a 4-year-old son to entertain. The food was as good as the Seaside location, and the spot was PERFECT for a panoramic view of the fireworks along the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!PBClocalDined on 7/4/2014Great food - try the salami pizza with honey - crazy good. Amazing service - ask for Chris! Fun night out with delicious drinks and a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPPOINTEDQB17VIPDined on 7/1/2014After having enjoyed the restaurant at Seaside our group was looking forward to our night out. We were disappointed in the overall quality of the product in relation to cost. This was very high end pricing for Panama City Beach but the food fell way short. The service was lacking as the restaurant probably just needs more time and seasoning to get it all together.Special Features:
- Shocked and Disappointed.DD3276VIPDined on 6/27/2014We have dined at B&A in Seaside many times even though it was a good distance away. We have dined 4 times at the new location and the food was great- just like Seaside. HOWEVER, we dined last Friday night and the food was HORRIBLE. The small plates were okay but he tuna tartar was almost warm and the ceviche was so-so. The whole fish -which I eat every time - was old and dry. Not fresh. I should have sent it back. The fried seafood was overcooked. The nightly special was tasteless. We took guest with us and she was not impressed. It was embarassing.
- Nice but expensiveniteoutwithfriendsDined on 6/26/2014The location on the waterfront is great in Panama City Beach, just like the Boatyard was. The real gems are the corner tables in the bar area! Can't quite figure out who the low tables in the center are for...I thought the menu was plain, nothing really sounded very appealing (all 6 of us agreed). Each dish is a la carte, so a steak is a steak, and fish is fish. The crab cakes (2) are large but the snapper was small. All of our dishes were prepared well but be prepared to pay $20-30 for entree with your salad or vegetable additional. This is not gourmet dining. Why not the same menu as the original restaurant-it is excellent? When I go back, I will have a salad (they were excellent) and an appetizer, and skip the high dollar entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a struggle...don't pass on it!ExperienceLocalFoodOnlyDined on 6/22/2014New location for this great 30 year experienced business from Seaside. We love the original location but with our guest living within 2 miles of this new location, we went for it. The cork fee of $20.00 needs to be reduced by half. (See your competition pricing!) The baked oyster app was served in a hot skillet but was so soup-like, not a delicious braised/baked presentation we expected from the discription. The entrees were spot on; delicious, well presented and perfect temperature. Wild Caught Salmon Dynamite Style was succulent! Of course the wine was awesome as we brought it for this event....but our sweet server didn't know how to properly use a cork screw, I thought odd! It's only been the first month and it's a struggle.....Special Features:
- Cuddo's to CarolOHMEDined on 6/20/2014If you go ask for her. Stay away from Floridafeller. It came out as an almost stew. Fish dishes were good only because the fish was cooked perfectly. Presentation was terrible. Soupy.
- Great Food!JLLPCDined on 6/20/2014A great place to eat. Our food and service was excellent, but it was a little expensive. I think a salad should be included with the mealSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant in PCB94SipDined on 6/19/2014We have eaten at the Bud & Alley's in Seaside and loved it so we thought we would try the one in PCB as well. We went on two different nights and ate upstairs (open seating) and downstairs (reservations). Upstairs on a Friday night was definitely more of a lively young adult (20-mid 40s) scene, with the live music and general feel with the predominant young adult crowd. We had our kids with us and ate a full meal from the menu and it was excellent as expected - it is the same menu as downstairs. It is all open air and gives a great view of the marina/harbor with a great breeze. The downstairs is quieter and more for enjoying a meal with family or large-ish groups. The food was excellent. I thought the beer selection could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaggieDined on 6/19/2014Although the food we ordered was very good, the menu is quite limited in its entree selections. For the food we ordered, the prices were rather high. Only a couple of entrees came with a side, so if you wanted a salad or a side, you had to pay $6.00. One suggestion would be to add tables for larger parties than 4, such as 6 or 8, to the open area so that larger parties could enjoy the view as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersLongtimePCBvisitorsDined on 6/15/2014Enjoyed it! Will come back for seconds. Need to add more seafood to the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to PCB Bud & Alley'sTigerfoodieDined on 6/13/2014I hated that The Boatyard vacated this space, leaving a big hole in this area as far as a good place for really good food. Bud & Alley's has stepped in and filled the void. Our first night there, we enjoyed the scallops and grits. They were superb and the service was good. The second time, we tried the pizza. It was good, not great. I had heard lots of raves about their pizza at their Seaside location. Again, it was good, but nothing extraordinary. Welcome to the neighborhood B&A, glad you're here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bjbunDined on 6/7/2014The service started out fine, but slowed considerably by the end of the evening. Diners seated after me had already finished their meal, paid their check and left. The food looked great on the plate, but just didn't taste that good. My portion of the grouper was literally just a little larger than a credit card. This is Panama City Beach, FLA - not New York City. I expect a decent sized portion of food. The restaurant is right on the water (Bay) and that is delightful. There is a bar upstairs and live music (Saturday night) and that is also a plus. Great views, but the service and food need improvement. PC Beach needs more restaurants like B&A, but they need to step up the service and improve the flavor of the food.Special Features:
- Stopped in on a FridayAmandaVIPDined on 6/6/2014We didn't know where to eat and saw an available last minute so we went. My shrimp was so fresh and savory. It came with the heads on so by fresh I mean REAL fresh. I didn't mind the extra work but I wish the dish came with something else. It was just shrimp.Special Features:
- First timerFoodieMcFatDined on 5/29/2014Never been to B & A's so I didn't expect the menu. I had imagined bar food, mixed with some fancier fare. Not at all. The (limited) menu was mostly fine dining items with fine dining prices. My son chose buttered pasta off the kids menu for $10. It was over-cooked and 'slimy' - his words. My younger son had chicken fingers served with Goldfish crackers. He enjoyed his large portion of food and couldn't even eat it all. I think it had 4 tenders. I ordered the crab cakes. I think it was $23 for two served over greenery. No side. Great crab cakes, but that's it. My husband ordered crab claws and deviled eggs. He enjoyed his food. Our biggest issues were price & selection. Not enough selection (no burgers?) and sky - high prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestauranthjalexDined on 5/23/2014Bud & Alley's is a nice restaurant in Panama City. Just off the lagoon, the upstairs bar stays busy as live music is played in the background. We ate in the main dining room. I had the Grouper and my wife had the Scallops. The food was excellent and the portions were generous. The Key Lime and Tiramisu were awesome. We were on Vacation but I will certainly return when I am back in town.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Bud & Alley's PCB reviews archive.