953 Allwood Rd
Clifton, NJ 07012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bucoristorante.com/
- Phone: 9737793500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Trays To-Go are available. Please call for a menu.
- Entertainment: Entertainment Available Monday, Friday & Saturday Night in our lounge.
A word from Buco Ristorante
Buco ristorante was opened in 1998 by the Bucco Family. Located just off of Route 3 in Clifton, we are conveniently located just minutes from the Meadowlands Complex and New York City. The menu at Buco's offers authentic Italian cuisine with excellent steaks and seafood. Daily specials & twilight dining available. Buco's has an extensive wine list and wines by the glass. We pride our self on delicious food and great service at affordable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buco Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (11)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent!restaurantexplorerVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was our second visit to Buco. It did not disappoint. The food was delicious and the service was great. It is good homestyle italian food. There is music in the bar area and the bar had a nice crowd. Fun place for a Saturday night date night!Special Features:
- Yummy ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/7/2014Very good Italian food at reasonable prices. Have been before ... and will continue to go back.Special Features:
- Very good traditional Italian!Jocko606Dined on 9/7/2014Perfect, attentive service from the owner to the bus boy. Celebrated birthdays and it was a great choice. Can't beat the stuffed artichokes and Mama's Sunday Gravy! We all had a terrific time. Will go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRoseDined on 9/5/2014The food is beyond excellent! I can tell you that you never get a bad meal. The dinning you might see children but rarely and it is a quite adult place to dine with great entertainment on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experienceAugustaDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the stuffed figs appetizer and the halibut.The service was very good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You !odeemDined on 7/27/2014Food is great & always the service. Buco's is good for any occasion big or small. It's my go back to restaurant. The owner is alway pleasant. This is Clifton's GEM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantWaxmanVIPDined on 7/26/2014First time there. Had a party of 6. Food was very good. Service was excellent. Restarant itself is a little dated but nice. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food And EntertainmentAnex43VIPDined on 7/25/2014Broad selection of good Italian food. Friendly service. Entertainment Monday, Friday and Saturday nights.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian restaurant!SusiegDined on 7/13/2014We found this place using a smart phone app and we absolutely loved it! Some of the best Italian food ever. We are from western NJ but we will gladly drive back across the state to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the Buco Ristorante reviews archive.
- DinningRoseDined on 6/21/2014Great food you never get a bad meal. And it is an adult place to have dinner. Although you may see children in the restrant they are always quite. Love this place.Special Features:
- Good food and entertainmentAnex43VIPDined on 6/6/2014Food is tasty and nicely presented .service is good but can be a little off when they get very busy. Nice rand of entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCENECIEPDined on 5/31/2014WE REALLY ENJOYED OUR MEAL....EVERYTHING WAS WONDERFUL....OUR WAITER TONY WAS AMAZING....WE ARE DEF GOING BACK....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- odeemDined on 5/30/2014There are no negatives about the restaurant. Just happy it's 5 minutes from my house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic mealRecentDinnerDined on 5/28/2014I simply love this place. It is actually programed into my speed dial. They have consistently provided great food. The major problem I have is trying to decide what of the things they make that I like, then I get there and they have a special that makes my decision even more difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backrestaurantexplorerVIPDined on 5/24/2014My husband picked this restaurant for our Anniversary...I was hesitant but have to say it was a great choice and I fell in love with the place. The food was superb and the bar scene and music was great!!! We liked it because you have the option to go early have a drink then go to the dining room for dinner to return to the bar for drinks and dancing too if you choose. We dine out a few times a week and we will definitely be returning! I must say this was a great find!Special Features:
- Food and funAnex43VIPDined on 5/23/2014Good traditional Italian food with interesting specials. Friendly service. Entertainment on Friday, Saturday and Monday nights. Lots of regulars who are there at least onece a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food fairly priceddebleoneDined on 5/19/2014Old school italian. Attentive waiters and a hardy menu but uninspired - could use a spruce up. Don't want to see cleaning products in the corner of the ladies' room in a high end restaurant. We were there on a Monday, for a post graduation dinner and the restaurant was crowded. We had the charcuterie plate and a beet salad for appetizers. Both were excellent. Tasty bread n butter. Diners at the table had chicken parm, chicken Rossini, osso buco and shrimp with pasta. No complaints, clean plates all around. Desserts were delicious...especially the lemon chiffon cake. Well priced and good portions. Liquor is reasonable as well. GSP and Route 3, it's a great place for large groups, family occasions and business lunches. Good job Buco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian food!KathyDined on 5/18/2014Good food. Twilight menu was perfect portion size and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for 2sireatalotDined on 5/12/2014took my girlfriend there and it was great. cant wait to go back againSpecial Features:
- Mother's Day celebrationOnCEaJrZgRLDined on 5/11/2014celebrated Mother's Day at Buco. We were seated promptly (last seating for the evening). Service was ok, a bit inconsistent. The server who took our drink order wasn't the one who brought it out nor the same one who took our meal orders, we had at least 3 altogether. Some were better than others. Food is typical italian fare, not the best but decent. Throughout dinner, I saw several tables being paraded by baked goods and yummy items, which I'm assuming was the desserts on hand. We didn't get any of that, we were left to our own to decide if we wanted dessert or the type that we wanted. Will I go back? I'm not sure. It's not some place that would make my go - to.Special Features:
- Get there earlyMrsMarronVIPDined on 5/9/2014We took my mother in law for an early Mother's Day celebration on Friday evening. The food is very good, the service is cordial, the atmosphere is fine. At 10PM, the night club next door starts blasting music and it sounds like they are going to come through the wall. I suppose it is not cost efficient for the restaurant to sound proof; however, the noise factor is fairly unpleasant. We were glad that we were finished with our meal and left shortly after the music began.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/2/2014One of my favorite restaurants in Northern New Jersey. Consistently good food and service over many years. Great place for a light bite or full meal with attention to detail and pleasant music on weekend nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and Always Reliablechuck9896VIPDined on 4/19/2014As usual, the food was excellent and the atmosphere was romantic and very comfortable. We feel that it is among the best restaurants in North Jersey. I had a half order of fettuccine with tomato and basil as an appetizer and the Veal Milanese. My wife had linguine "Carlo", with asparagus, garlic and oil. We go often and have never been disappointed. It always has interesting and varied specials, and a large regular menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food and AtmosphereLinnyDined on 4/5/2014This was the second time we went to Buca's. The first was over ten years ago to a 50th birthday dinner and I can't tell you why we just got back there this weekend. The Food was excellent, there are many menu choices and the service was excellent. I hope to be back there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2014Service was outstanding and food was great! Excellent restaurant for smaoll partires and business meetings. Excellent luncheon venue.Special Features:
- Reasonable italian FareDollyDadDined on 3/22/2014...maybe a bit more. Might all be wrong; musician was setting up as we were leaving; this can change things significantly. Before eight on Saturday evening, excellent food (though my pork shank was too heavy on the salt), good ambiance, wide selection, excellent service. Looks like parking could be a bit iffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was veryKylieDined on 3/16/2014Food and service was very good. They offer the twilight menu which is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cut above ItaliankandjVIPDined on 3/15/2014I lot of people I know have recommended Buco, and now I know why. Dinner was yummy, not your normal Italian. Sauces and pasta had that extra little something that made me feel we were really eating in Italy. Wait staff is a bit impatient, but it rather went with the vibe. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- substitutionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Even though my husband couldn't make up his mind what he wanted, they were more than willing to give him half of one and half of another!!! Not to many restaurants will do this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twilight DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Buco advertises a price fixe $15.95 Twilight Dinner from 4-6 PM. We arrived within 5 minutes of our 5:30 PM reservation and were immediately seated. Menus were promptly presented without a Twilight Dinner menu. I chose this restaurant at that time to take advantage of the $15.95 special. I requested menus for this special and our waiter gave them to us without comment. I feel that this one page menu should be given without having to request it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice quaint Italian restaurantsg1816Dined on 3/1/2014the food was very good atmosphere was nice service was very accountableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian RestaurantCharDined on 2/21/2014We went to Buco to celebrate my birthday. We We thought the food & service was great. I loved the crab cake appetizer, eggplant parmigiana over pasta was just like my Aunt Gloria used to make. They had a large dessert selection. We had the Tartufo and The Orange Cheescake; both were Incredible. Ron was our waiter & he Was attentive and had a good attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great MealCrookhornVIPDined on 2/9/2014Great for couples or large parties, food is always on point, delicious and service is great. Great daily specials for lunch or dinner. Reservations reccomendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buco 1st TimeKarnackDined on 2/8/2014Dined at Buco for the first time on Saturday evening. Found it on Open Table, they just signed uip for the service. Dinner was fantastic, I will be back. Nice place, I was early but it started filling in so I'm sure reservations are necessary. We have two chicken dishes and they wre prepared perfectly. Nice salad that the waitress suggested splitting between the two of us since we asked for a small salad. Very nice. Will be back.Special Features: