Buckley's Great Steaks
438 Daniel Webster Highway
Merrimack, NH 03054Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Buckley's Great Steaks
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buckleysgreatsteaks.com/
- Phone: (603) 424-0995
- Hours of Operation:
Tavern opens at 4pm Tuesday - Saturday
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Buckley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms available in our beautifully restored historic Tavern offering a distinguished setting for your occasion. Our exceptional quality cuisine and our spirit of hospitality will make all your guests feel welcome as we anticipate your every need. We look forward to making your event a success.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Parrott 6034240995x
A word from Buckley's Great Steaks
Buckley's Great steaks, located in the historic Riddles Tavern, provides a warm New England atmosphere. We offer Mid Western grain fed beef seared over a hardwood fire and prepared with uncompromising quality. We are part of the Michael Timothy's Dining Group representing the finest cuisine and hospitality in Southern NH by award winning Chef/owner Michael and Sarah Buckley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buckley's Great Steaks reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (12)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- chrisDined on 11/22/2014Our dinner was a celebration of my Wife's birthday. Our server was very knowledge and we had good service. We had the specials which were very good. We have gone to dinner in the bar area many times and it is also very good, but on the weekend, you have to wait for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!LisaDined on 11/15/2014The food was great as usual. We brought 2 other couples with us and they fell in love. I sure they will be back again. We did have a huge wait even though we had reservations. The bar was packed and no open seats we ended up standing in the doorway for a good hour. We enjoyed are selves but a table would have been so much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- have had better experienceDisappointedPatronVIPDined on 11/11/2014Birthday dinner with husband and kids. Husband ordered a martini which was made wrong. We all ordered rib eye steaks which are quite expensive. Steaks were not cooked well, heavy taste of charcoal and tough. Not one of us finished our steaks which is highly unusual. My husband informed the waitress after as a "you should know" and she said the normal grill cook was off that day. No manager came over, no offer of a free dessert to go home, no birthday recognition. Very disappointed at the lack of customer care considering how much we paid for those steaks. My husband and I had just been there Saturday night and it was a complete different experience. We were very disappointed and view this restaurant as inconsistent.Special Features:
- semi satisfiedfoodyDined on 11/11/2014We went for our anniversary. The food was perfect. The no cellphone and no electric cigarette policy set a very snooty vibe. The restaurant was almost empty at the time and very quiet and they sat a loud table of 4 inches away. We just wanted to get the check and go at that point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No so great prime rib...SailorsknotDined on 11/9/2014As a carnivore and a lover of all food I had great hopes for Buckley's. The ambiance is good, the food, is not "great". Of the four of us we all ordered the Prime Rib. Our eye's widened when the servers presented the meals. The cut's of meat were about two inches thick. As the main carnivore of the party I dived right in. Disappointing. Lack of flavor and more than a little tough. Two of us had to ask for horseradish sauce to add some flavor ($4/serving). I was unable to finish not because I was full, but it wasn't worth the chewing and lack of flavor. That says a lot as I'm usually mopping up the plate. The Bar drinks were good. The Side Dishes were good. As for dessert, don't bother with the "Baked New Hampshire". Spent$300+
- In a word, greatFoodeVIPDined on 11/8/2014Buckley's had great service, food, drinks, and portions. We will go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, good, and FYIDrAceDined on 11/8/2014The food was outstanding, a little pricey, but outstanding (don't charge for coffee). Filet was the best, large portions, sides well done, onion ring app too good to resist, nice wine list. Service was fine, very responsive. You do need to understand the parking, though. I didn't notice that there was more parking next door and I got blocked in. But you can't find another place that will beat the food experience. I would recommend that you try to get seated out back near the fire place, it looks like an intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rhode Islanders need to know more!idkwhattoputhereDined on 11/8/2014My boyfriend and I are from Rhode Island and we came up for the day to hike up Mount Madadnock. What a day, your restaurant was the perfect ending to a great day. Buckleys was an amazing experience for so many reasons; easy to find, food was fabulous, service was great (Laura was the perfect waitress), and there's nothing like this in Rhode Island. Your restaurant has the perfect balance between comfort and class. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining!SteveWojoDined on 11/7/2014Buckley's never disappoints. Every part of the meal is superbly prepared and tastes gourmet all the way. I've been to all three restaurants, Michael Timothys (renamed MT's), Surf and Buckley's and they all have a relaxing atmosphere for dining, terrific service, a nice wine list and the food is spectacular. These are local, hidden gems!Special Features:
- QualityThommynoodlezDined on 11/6/2014Outstanding meal. Best mashed potatoes I have ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for steakCarenNHDined on 11/2/2014Buckley's is a local favorite here in Merrimack. We've been there many times for special dinners and eaten in the Tavern on the occasional weeknight too. The steaks are always amazing, and cooked to the proper temperature. The burgers are amazing.Special Features:
- Great Steaks, for sure!GrmtnboyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Excellent steaks with a nice hard wood smokey flavor. The prime strip steak was excellent, as was the sugar rubbed strip if you want to try something different. They were grilled to a perfect temp, and the sides were very good- my wife particularly liked the smashed red bliss potatoes with Gorgonzola. They make their own bread and it was top notch. The service was excellent, but perhaps a bit slow between entree and dessert/coffee. This is in an historic old, very large home so there were multiple dining rooms, all tastefully decorated which gave a very cozy, intimate feeling. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- BetbriDined on 10/25/2014Great time. Had visiting family. Enjoyed. Have visited in the past. Like to ring visitors here. Easy to get to.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceluvgoodfoodDined on 10/25/2014Recently enjoyed one of the best meals out we have had in a long time. Everything from bread and wine to dessert was delicious. Steaks seasoned, prepared, and cooked to perfection. The chocolate molten lava cake, with its salty caramel filling was scrumptious. The quality of service matched the meal. We were very well taken care of by a friendly, yet professional, server.Special Features:
- BrutussDined on 10/25/2014it was our 37th anniversary and both my wife and I love Filet Mignon so I looked for a NH based restaurant that has a great reviews and offered the kind of steak we like. I found the restaurant on line and made our reservation. This was our first time to this Restaurant and we had to travel for almost an hour to get to it. We were very pleased with the waiter and the old house atmosphere, the back ground music was just enough to add some ambiance to the dinner. The food was excellent. We will be backSpecial Features:
- StriderDined on 10/23/2014Love going to Buckleys. Food is great and service is awesome. Poor acoustics, though. 6 of us at the table laughing and enjoying each other's company but we obviously we're too loud for others in the same room. We did not realize until the other table got up and moved to another room. Then we paid more attention. Highly recommend the place. 6 adults with multiple drinks, apps, entrees and desserts, $400. Easily could spend less p, but it was a celebration. Opentable reservation worked like a charm.Special Features:
- Excellent DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Dinning area very nice for formal and semi-formal atmosphere. Bar area very festive and energetic.Special Features:
- The following 1066 reviews are from the Buckley's Great Steaks reviews archive.
- Upstairs is/was horribleHorrible16Dined on 5/16/2014We were seated in the small room upstairs on the first night of NH Restaurant week. In the room was a table with a very loud female and another table with two loud and possible drunk males.Our waitress had a very quiet voice and had to move right next to myself and my wife in order to hear us because of the loud people. This is not what we expected at Buckley's but would find at Murphys in Manchester. So we order our drinks and wait 20 minutes for them. There was no bread in this time. We waited another 15 minutes for our waitress to come and take our order, so 35 minutes before our order was taken and with a sound level you'd find in a late night bar/nightclub. We left and on our way out told the hostess to cancel our dinner.
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/14/2014The food was excellent as always. We love the baked oysters.Special Features:
- Good BrunchMattDined on 5/11/2014Went to Mother's Day brunch at this place. Very good food options, but the service was slow in food getting to us. Otherwise, everything was great.Special Features:
- Fabulous Mother's Day Brunch!BarberDined on 5/11/2014Buckley's Mother's Day brunch was excellent! They are not normally open for brunch, but the food and service was fantastic! My Prime Rib was delicious, my husband's Buttermilk Fried Chicken was fantastic, and our 12 year old chowed down on his Bacon Burger! The service was on point. Well done! Thanks for making my. Mother's Day brunch such a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightOllyDined on 5/10/2014Married 56 years,with 5 children and 9 grandchildren,all healthy,we wanted a special place for a pre mother's day dinner. We knew from long experience that Buckley's would be the ideal spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Our steaks were good and cooked as ordered, but none of us would rate them as outstanding. We ordered the baked potatoes and they were excellent. Three of four left their brocollinni. It was cold, but we weren't sure if it was supposed to be cold or hot Overall we had a nice dinner. Our main concern was that we really couldn't relax and have a conversation. The tables are set so close that you feel you are including everyone in the room in your conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely diningteddybearDined on 5/9/2014Wine selection was superb. Getting there early was nicer as there were less people so very quiet atmosphere. The filet mignon melted in you mouth. The sugar cured strip steak was to die for! Dessert selection wonderfully tantalizing to the palate and coffee topped it off. The best food ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid Wee Dining with FriendsFourFoodiesDined on 5/8/2014Always a friendly greeting, in an atmosphere that is always well appreciated by the crowd of followers, each time we dine there. Food is consistently great, with tough choices between the menu and the offered specials. Food was delicious yet again as we dined in a corner table, with fresh air streaming in the window to bring in the warm night air. We've dined at the bar, the hi-tops, and the tavern. It's all good! Wine choices are good, and we left with our friends, satisfied and happy all around. We will return soon!Special Features:
- birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014I took my grandson who is a steak lover for his birthday and we were not disappointed. He loved it and so did I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaksfoodforcathVIPDined on 5/2/2014This was the first time we had eaten at Buckley's. The food was very good and cooked to order. Went with some friends and had a wonderful time eating and chatting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a go toChrisDined on 4/26/2014Great time great food great service. Whether a steak or a burger you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both Steaks were undercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014My wife and I frequent Buckley's quite often and had by far our worst experience this past weekend. Both of our steaks came out undercooked and my wifes had sauce after ordering it without. We are usually very impresssed with food quality and service but food quality wasnt up to par this trip.
- Quality and KindnessDonnaAndMattDined on 4/26/2014Buckley's Great Steaks is a treat for us. We are steak people that enjoy a good, quality meal. We like to treat ourselves a couple of times per year. We will try a different high end steak house if we are in NYC or Boston, but for New Hampshire, we have never found a better steak house then Buckley's and we keep coming back for those special meals. They care about their product and their customers. You are paying for quality, but you are never disappointed. We will continue to frequent Buckley's as our special occasion, New Hampshire, steak house!!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodAjluccheseDined on 4/26/2014Great food, wine and service. It is a must go and enjoy the whole experience of Buckleys Great Steaks.Special Features:
- always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014Great service, terrific food, nice ambiance. Always enjoy an evening at Buckleys.Special Features:
- great food,great resturantseabea12Dined on 4/20/2014We had a party of 7 and it was Easter, the menu was very good and appealed to all in the party. The service was excellant, fast and very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Dinner was a treat!CindyDined on 4/20/2014Four of us - my brother, his other, my husband and I - decided to go out for Easter for the first time. We chose Buckley's mostly because we had never tried it before. The roast lamb - medium rare (perfect) and spiced nicely with a little light gravy, red potatoes and asparagus - yum. The prime rib - medium rare and perfect, with mashed potatoes and the prettiest green beans ever. We all went for the salted caramel/chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream - delicious! but the smallest bit of ice cream I've ever seen, so cute. We all agreed to go again, but we'll ask for a table on the first floor. The stairs are old and steep - hard for some to climb. Overall, though, this meal was a treat!Special Features:
- Easter Brunch?HbigguyDined on 4/20/2014We booked Buckley's for a 1 pm brunch. The brunch menu mostly non-breakfast item, which was a little surprising. One item that was there though was an appietizer mushroom-goat cheese frittata. This was shared, and very nice. We ended up with one lamb dinner, and a prime rib. Both were well prepared. For dessert, my wife had a Bananna toffee pie with chocolate. She thought it was delicious.Special Features:
- Not a great brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014I've had FABULOUS dinner experiences at Buckley's - always. So when I booked for Easter brunch I didn't bother to call or check the menu ahead of time. My mistake. We reserved a table for our family Easter celebration - adults and children. Unfortunately brunch was really a dinner menu with a few minor changes (eggs benedict, a bakery basket and fruit with yogurt and granola). We walked in expecting a more traditional brunch offering - and struggled to find anything on the menu the girls would eat. If Buckley's continues to offer brunch I'd recommend working in more egg options along with french toast or waffles - something that will appeal to the full family.
- Another great meal....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014Best high end dining experience in the area -- no need to go to Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFoodieDined on 4/18/2014We went for a birthday dinner. We had reservations and were seated immediately upon arriving. Our server Meredith was very knowledgable, and attentive. The food was delicious, especially the raves about the Cowboy steak. Very lovely night!Special Features:
- ExcellentlovestocookDined on 4/13/2014Everything was great. Food outstanding. The best steaks arounds and the waiter was fantastic. The only 1 concern were the table next to us had an individual who's phone had a roadrunner 'beep beep' every time he received a message which was quite frequently. We did not appreciate that...to be fair we did not say anything to the waiter and it is clearly listed on the menu to refrain from cell phone use. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant in Merrimack2ofusVIPDined on 4/13/2014We had dinner at Buckley's this past Sunday. Our server, Audra, was not only very personable, but had a great knowledge of the menu, and was able to answer all of our questions. We both had the wedge salad and the sirloin tips and we enjoyed both very much. We have no qualms in recommending this restaurant, which in our opinion, is one of the best in Merrimack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.