Buckley's Great Steaks
438 Daniel Webster Highway
Merrimack, NH 03054Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Buckley's Great Steaks
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buckleysgreatsteaks.com/
- Phone: 6034240995x
- Hours of Operation:
Tavern opens at 4pm Tuesday - Saturday
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Buckley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms available in our beautifully restored historic Tavern offering a distinguished setting for your occasion. Our exceptional quality cuisine and our spirit of hospitality will make all your guests feel welcome as we anticipate your every need. We look forward to making your event a success.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Parrott 6034240995x
A word from Buckley's Great Steaks
Buckley's Great steaks, located in the historic Riddles Tavern, provides a warm New England atmosphere. We offer Mid Western grain fed beef seared over a hardwood fire and prepared with uncompromising quality. We are part of the Michael Timothy's Dining Group representing the finest cuisine and hospitality in Southern NH by award winning Chef/owner Michael and Sarah Buckley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buckley's Great Steaks reviews from OpenTable diners
- Upstairs is/was horribleHorrible16Dined on 5/16/2014We were seated in the small room upstairs on the first night of NH Restaurant week. In the room was a table with a very loud female and another table with two loud and possible drunk males.Our waitress had a very quiet voice and had to move right next to myself and my wife in order to hear us because of the loud people. This is not what we expected at Buckley's but would find at Murphys in Manchester. So we order our drinks and wait 20 minutes for them. There was no bread in this time. We waited another 15 minutes for our waitress to come and take our order, so 35 minutes before our order was taken and with a sound level you'd find in a late night bar/nightclub. We left and on our way out told the hostess to cancel our dinner.
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/14/2014The food was excellent as always. We love the baked oysters.Special Features:
- Good BrunchMattDined on 5/11/2014Went to Mother's Day brunch at this place. Very good food options, but the service was slow in food getting to us. Otherwise, everything was great.Special Features:
- Fabulous Mother's Day Brunch!BarberDined on 5/11/2014Buckley's Mother's Day brunch was excellent! They are not normally open for brunch, but the food and service was fantastic! My Prime Rib was delicious, my husband's Buttermilk Fried Chicken was fantastic, and our 12 year old chowed down on his Bacon Burger! The service was on point. Well done! Thanks for making my. Mother's Day brunch such a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightOllyDined on 5/10/2014Married 56 years,with 5 children and 9 grandchildren,all healthy,we wanted a special place for a pre mother's day dinner. We knew from long experience that Buckley's would be the ideal spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Our steaks were good and cooked as ordered, but none of us would rate them as outstanding. We ordered the baked potatoes and they were excellent. Three of four left their brocollinni. It was cold, but we weren't sure if it was supposed to be cold or hot Overall we had a nice dinner. Our main concern was that we really couldn't relax and have a conversation. The tables are set so close that you feel you are including everyone in the room in your conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely diningteddybearDined on 5/9/2014Wine selection was superb. Getting there early was nicer as there were less people so very quiet atmosphere. The filet mignon melted in you mouth. The sugar cured strip steak was to die for! Dessert selection wonderfully tantalizing to the palate and coffee topped it off. The best food ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid Wee Dining with FriendsFourFoodiesDined on 5/8/2014Always a friendly greeting, in an atmosphere that is always well appreciated by the crowd of followers, each time we dine there. Food is consistently great, with tough choices between the menu and the offered specials. Food was delicious yet again as we dined in a corner table, with fresh air streaming in the window to bring in the warm night air. We've dined at the bar, the hi-tops, and the tavern. It's all good! Wine choices are good, and we left with our friends, satisfied and happy all around. We will return soon!Special Features:
- birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014I took my grandson who is a steak lover for his birthday and we were not disappointed. He loved it and so did I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaksfoodforcathDined on 5/2/2014This was the first time we had eaten at Buckley's. The food was very good and cooked to order. Went with some friends and had a wonderful time eating and chatting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a go toChrisDined on 4/26/2014Great time great food great service. Whether a steak or a burger you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both Steaks were undercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014My wife and I frequent Buckley's quite often and had by far our worst experience this past weekend. Both of our steaks came out undercooked and my wifes had sauce after ordering it without. We are usually very impresssed with food quality and service but food quality wasnt up to par this trip.
- Quality and KindnessDonnaAndMattDined on 4/26/2014Buckley's Great Steaks is a treat for us. We are steak people that enjoy a good, quality meal. We like to treat ourselves a couple of times per year. We will try a different high end steak house if we are in NYC or Boston, but for New Hampshire, we have never found a better steak house then Buckley's and we keep coming back for those special meals. They care about their product and their customers. You are paying for quality, but you are never disappointed. We will continue to frequent Buckley's as our special occasion, New Hampshire, steak house!!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodAjluccheseDined on 4/26/2014Great food, wine and service. It is a must go and enjoy the whole experience of Buckleys Great Steaks.Special Features:
- always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014Great service, terrific food, nice ambiance. Always enjoy an evening at Buckleys.Special Features:
- great food,great resturantseabea12Dined on 4/20/2014We had a party of 7 and it was Easter, the menu was very good and appealed to all in the party. The service was excellant, fast and very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Dinner was a treat!CindyDined on 4/20/2014Four of us - my brother, his other, my husband and I - decided to go out for Easter for the first time. We chose Buckley's mostly because we had never tried it before. The roast lamb - medium rare (perfect) and spiced nicely with a little light gravy, red potatoes and asparagus - yum. The prime rib - medium rare and perfect, with mashed potatoes and the prettiest green beans ever. We all went for the salted caramel/chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream - delicious! but the smallest bit of ice cream I've ever seen, so cute. We all agreed to go again, but we'll ask for a table on the first floor. The stairs are old and steep - hard for some to climb. Overall, though, this meal was a treat!Special Features:
- Easter Brunch?HbigguyDined on 4/20/2014We booked Buckley's for a 1 pm brunch. The brunch menu mostly non-breakfast item, which was a little surprising. One item that was there though was an appietizer mushroom-goat cheese frittata. This was shared, and very nice. We ended up with one lamb dinner, and a prime rib. Both were well prepared. For dessert, my wife had a Bananna toffee pie with chocolate. She thought it was delicious.Special Features:
- Not a great brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014I've had FABULOUS dinner experiences at Buckley's - always. So when I booked for Easter brunch I didn't bother to call or check the menu ahead of time. My mistake. We reserved a table for our family Easter celebration - adults and children. Unfortunately brunch was really a dinner menu with a few minor changes (eggs benedict, a bakery basket and fruit with yogurt and granola). We walked in expecting a more traditional brunch offering - and struggled to find anything on the menu the girls would eat. If Buckley's continues to offer brunch I'd recommend working in more egg options along with french toast or waffles - something that will appeal to the full family.
- Another great meal....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014Best high end dining experience in the area -- no need to go to Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFoodieDined on 4/18/2014We went for a birthday dinner. We had reservations and were seated immediately upon arriving. Our server Meredith was very knowledgable, and attentive. The food was delicious, especially the raves about the Cowboy steak. Very lovely night!Special Features:
- ExcellentlovestocookDined on 4/13/2014Everything was great. Food outstanding. The best steaks arounds and the waiter was fantastic. The only 1 concern were the table next to us had an individual who's phone had a roadrunner 'beep beep' every time he received a message which was quite frequently. We did not appreciate that...to be fair we did not say anything to the waiter and it is clearly listed on the menu to refrain from cell phone use. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant in Merrimack2ofusVIPDined on 4/13/2014We had dinner at Buckley's this past Sunday. Our server, Audra, was not only very personable, but had a great knowledge of the menu, and was able to answer all of our questions. We both had the wedge salad and the sirloin tips and we enjoyed both very much. We have no qualms in recommending this restaurant, which in our opinion, is one of the best in Merrimack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakDigzmomDined on 4/11/2014After waiting for a long time to visit Buckley's, I guess we anticipated a higher level of service than received. We had a 7:15 reservation, but waited 15+minutes to be seated. Upon being seated, we had our drink order taken, but it took forever to receive our drinks. Our waitress was serving three tables behind ours, and seemed very distracted, as she left my split of champagne and glass on the table unopened and I poured - both times I ordered! Although I don't mind pouring the refill, I do expect the bottle to at least be opened! When our son ordered just plain noodles from the kids meal that would have had shrimp, he was charged for a second meal when we asked for more plain noodles, a bit extreme at $10/meal? Disappointing
- Great service and foodBradDined on 4/6/2014Had our anniversary dinner here and the service and food was excellent. Steaks are great and prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- A Class ActJeffsPartyDined on 4/6/2014We've never been disappointed at Buckley's Great Steaks in Merrimack, NH. The food is superb, the service is top notch. A great restaurant if you are celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a place!HankScorpi0Dined on 4/5/2014I had heard great things about Buckley's but wow truely one of the best meals the wife and I have ever had. It was her 35th B-day they made sure we had a great seat and the appetizer special "ahi tuna nachos" was to die for. Cant say enough good things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perference for qualityHbigguyDined on 4/5/2014Buckley's, being the steakhouse concept of MT, continues to delight this foodster. Steaks are spectacular, with multiple alternatives. The side dishes for our visit included the panko encrusted onion rings(some of the best I have ever experienced), and green beans with bacon. Portions are reasonable, with two of the party taking home leftovers. Desserts were nice, with three of our party choosing the chocolate, while one went for the baked NH. This was like a baked Alaska, but with blueberries( delicious). We found the overall bill quite reasonable. Prices are lower than going to Boston, and the quality is certainly on par or better. Recommended steaks, the meatloaf ( mushroom, cheese, and a brown gravy), and burgers (in the bar).Special Features:
- Outstanding!KateDined on 4/2/2014Even while you are there, enjoying your delicious dinner, you can't help start to plan your next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in NH - Excellent Waiterluv2dineDined on 3/30/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant and it was a pleasant relaxing environment. The steak was perfect, the service exceptional and a very quiet atmosphere! All their beef is grain fed. This place reminded me of how fine restaurants used to be and has the old New England atmosphere. The waiter kindly informed us of the historical background of this building and area. I ordered prime rib and my meal came with mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts that were prepared in a special way. This is not the best meal I've ever had in a restaurant here in NH but is the best steak dinner I've had in NH. I look forward to returning sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak I ever tasted!!!Sandy1972Dined on 3/29/2014The best steak I ever tasted!!! This was the type of meal that made me want to cry, it was that good. I took my first bite and closed my eyes and smiled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Tips & Prime RiblumpydoggDined on 3/28/2014Our dinner overall was excellent. Steaks Tips & Prime Rib were cooked as requested. Our waitress was friendly & knowledgeable and did not rush us at all which we both enjoyed. The only complaint which is really a small one, the vegetable that night was Brussels sprouts and they didn't seem to have any seasoning on them at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakAnnaMarieDined on 3/22/2014I rarely order a steak out at dinner but at Buckley's I wouldn't order anything else. I got the Sirloin Strip, medium. It was cooked perfectly and was delicious. The sides it came with were delicious as well as the goat cheese salad. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPERIENCEPATsDined on 3/22/2014FOOD AND SERVICE WAS EXCELLANT. gREAT PLACE TO DINE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost a perfect meal and venueMrFirestoneDined on 3/22/2014All but one steak was cooked correctly. One filet should have been Medium Rare, but it came out Medium to Medium Well. It wasn't worth the hassle to get a new one fired up as everyone's meals would have gotten cold or over warmed while we waited. The prices here are what you expect to see in a major city and a national brand (Morton's, Ruths Chris, Captiol Grille, etc.). That said you'd expect the same high quality and standards of service, quality, proportions, ambiance. Unfortunately they fell short on the quality and proportions. Service was perfect. (see trip advisor) I will probably go back, but I will know what to expect. If I want the FULL experience for the $$, then I'd head to Burlington or Boston for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencecelbratingfoodDined on 3/21/2014In Southern NH there are few quality steak houses- and Buckleys does not disappoint.I chose to use the online reservations as we were planning to arrive at 6:45 which is a popular time. We arrived early and were pleasantly greeted and seated immediately. Our waitress was knowledgeable, witty and professional. We ordered French onion soup, and the tbone steak dinner. Both dinners were done to our request and mouth watering :). The only reason not for 5 star all around is that the dinner comes with mashed potato and vegetable of the day which was brussel sprouts. I don't care for mashed potato and to sub for a roated red potato with seasonings cost extra. I think there should be a choice of potato. Dessert was molten lava cake- nirvana. :)Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014We only go here 6 or 7 times a year because there are quite a few great restaurants in the area but we are never disappointed. Our server was great. At times I am convinced that I'd crave a Big Mac if one of the Buckley's servers would describe it as a daily special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kind of pricey. I have hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014kind of pricey. I have had better steaks for a lot less money. Our server was great! There is hardly any parking had to circle the parking lot at least 3 times and stalk someone to their car to find a space. when we arrived they we were seated upstairs, someone had a window open, we were freezing! Had to ask server to shut it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningMrc1982Dined on 3/15/2014Food and service was phenomenal. Susan was excellent very attentive and even gave us a little tour. We will definitely return and recommended.Special Features:
- Steaks good. Prime rib so-soNHdinerDined on 3/15/2014Steaks were good. Sides were great. Prime rib was not as tender as you would expect. One had to be sent back because it was very tough. The replacement was better, but still not what you would expect. For the price, it should be melt in your mouth tender. Prime rib is also offered in two cuts, not sure why. One cut is chuck, which should be most tender, what we both ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.