2 Main St.
Winters, CA 95694Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckhornsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5307954503
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Sunday: 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Fred Reyes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Buckhorn Steakhouse
Famous for its 42 day aged, hand cut on premise, Certified Angus Beef steaks. Signature steaks include the Taylor-cut Sirloin wrapped in Wisconsin apple wood-smoked bacon, 24oz bone in Rib Eye, Char Roasted Sirloin and Prime Rib. Other specialties include succulent local Rack of Lamb & Hearty Soups. Inclusive side dishes include salads, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Roadhouse Onions, and warm sourdough bread with mounds of real whipped butter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Buckhorn Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Winters ›
Buckhorn Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (136)neighborhood gem (92)good for groups (69)fit for foodies (58)great for outdoor dining (32)romantic (29)vibrant bar scene (28)kid-friendly (27)hot spot (25)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We went to celebrate a special occasion. Appetizers were nothing special. calamari were tiny and tasted mostly like batter. We all ordered the baseball sirloin cut medium rare. 3 of the steaks were overdone and we sent 2 out of 4 back. The 2 steaks came back raw. 3rd time round the steaks were finally right but it took over an hour later. Steaks were good but not delicious, tasted a bit charcoally as if they were not cleaning the grill enough.. For the price at $32 per steak, this was a disappointing restaurant. Waiter was good. The outdoor area does not take reservations.. for an upscale place, a free for all , no matter who arrives first does not seem appropriate. In general the buckhorn is not as good as I remembered. Will not be back.Special Features:
- why reserve?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Was extremely disappointed for the 2nd time with your reservation system and customer service. Why reserve if we still have to wait for 20-30 minutes? Also, not the best attitude from the front staff, very unfriendly. The steaks are great, but with the disappointing service I will think twice before coming here again.
- Very GoodbleemaDined on 8/30/2014Dined with my friend for her 65th birthday. Ordered the salmon and vegetables which was excellent. My friend ordered the peppered steak which I tasted and thought that was very good as well. I would describe the ambience as fun and happy and a place where the food is good and you feel comfortable while you are having a great conversation with friends and family. The vodka martini with two stuffed blue cheese olives wasn't bad either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You never leave hungry!Variant003Dined on 8/29/2014The steak is still best around. The setting in a 150 year old building is beautiful. And I like the added outdoor seating when the city redesigned the street. Definitely worth renting a car and driving from San Francisco for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return guestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The prime rib is what I always order when we eat at the Buck Horn. It is the place we go to celebrate a special occasionSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday. There were 14 in our party. They family feast was great. There was something for everyone.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodBuffalo48Dined on 8/23/2014Great menu along with great service for a fine evening of diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely deliciousdnr42Dined on 8/23/2014our dinner was exactly what we wanted. Delicious food with great service. my steak was cooked to perfection and my wife's lamb was "the best I've ever had...tender, juicy and flavorful". a note to Open Table...when making online reservations I had this feeling that I needed to double check with the restaurant. It's a good thing I did as they did not have the date I chose - it was a week later... i had printed the reservation receipt for my records just in case. So perhaps there's a glitch in the program... Aside from that our dinner was spectacular.Special Features:
- billyi3Dined on 8/22/2014Been there before - always good food and service. But, this time, didn't realize there was a street festival going on, and was hard to find parking, let alone getting to the restaurant, where was standing room only waiting for reservation.Special Features:
- The food is delicious.LeanneDined on 8/22/2014They have a couple interesting items on the menu like elk and bone in New York steak meant to feed two people. My husband, son and I couldn't finish it. The bone was about 15 inches long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ribs were good...poordougDined on 8/22/2014...but not great. The sauce was too sweet for my tastes. The sides were great!Special Features:
- good food with reasonable priceyummyDined on 8/22/2014Buckhorn steakhouse was more than accommodating. We started with a party of 5 that quickly grew to 9. Our server did whatever he could to accommodate our group as well meet our needs. We drove an hour to meet at Buckhorns, we will be making this drive a couple times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantasticVacavilledatenightersDined on 8/22/2014While we have lived in the area greater than 20 years, this was our first time and it was great. The server was knowledgeable, presented well and the food was just as good as we had heard. We will be back on another married date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We are on an audit and at the end of the audit we usually go out for a steak dinner. Buckhorn was recommended to us and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The steaks were exactly the way we ordered them. This is definitely someplace we would visit again when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Buckhorn SteakhouseGliathDined on 8/20/2014We drove for over an hour to arrive on time, (5.30pm reservation) and were seated promptly. Service was first class, food was first class, ambiance and decor excellent. Excellent pricing. Definitely recommended for a second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckhorn in Winters, CACOGmaDined on 8/18/2014Always good food and service! The tri tip is great as are all the meat cuts. I love seafood and have never been disappointed. The sourdough is hot and crunchy! Best.salad.ever! You can never go wrong dining at the Buckhorn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Party for my wifeXWintersresidentDined on 8/16/2014Pleasure receiving outstanding service from Kathy and her assistant.All our needs were met above expectations making our occasion enjoyable. sincerely Robert BeckerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winters tripBillDined on 8/16/2014The food was good, with several options for side dishes, but considered the menu pricey. One of the specials was a $35 halibut dish, way overpriced. The menu is pretty much beef driven. The place is popular, as the people were constantly coming in during our dinner. It is in a good location, and across the street from The Palms, if you are attending a show. Ample parking nearby.
- TravfamDined on 8/15/2014Server was fantastic! Food was ok-vegetables lacked flavor and potato was small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it for Special OccasionsFinkFlogDined on 8/15/2014They catered our wedding and we go back for our anniversary, birthdays, and Valentine's Day.Special Features:
- 1fatboyDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have been going to the Buckhorn for over 30 years I have in joyed it each and every time We will be back for all our anniversary'sSpecial Features:
- al78Dined on 8/15/2014We love this restaurant. The food is fantastic and the waiters are very friendly and helpful. The prime rib is out of this world -tender and prepared the way you like it. The clam chowder was excellent - the best I've ever tasted. All in all there is nothing else to say - this restaurant is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Food was great, service was very good. WE like the decore, and the home town feelSpecial Features:
- Wonderful steak & rack of lamb!HappiLindaDined on 8/9/2014The steak & rack of lamb are fantastic! Aged well & cooked perfectly with a crisp crust. The cream of mushroom soup was very flavorful & the warm sourdough bread never stopped arriving just when we needed it!The service is excellent & the back room is quiet for a birthday party! It is well worth the drive. We love it & will be back❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMECatherineandGeorgeDined on 8/9/2014Our experience was awesome! The dinner was divine, our server was the best server I have had in years and years. We enjoyed your 4 pound rib eye. Truly an event! This was my first time, definitely going to go as often as I can, especially, for special events!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter made b-day dinner fun!ladyhamDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I have been going to Buckhorn for 25 years. We stopped going for many year (about 10 years ago) because of the service. Service is back! Last Friday (8/8) booked a table for four to take my best friend to dinner with her hubby. We brought a bottle of Champagne. Bottle service is only $12. The food was great but our waiter, Rodrigo, was outstanding. Great personality. Funny. Charming. I handed him my credit card behind my hubby's back and then said I had to go to the ladies room & excused myself. I signed the card & told Rodrigo that "we always have fist fights about who pays". As we were about to leave, he handed the receipt book to my friends hubby with a note that said "I didn't want to start a fist fight". Too cute!Special Features:
- WonderfulPurdygirlDined on 8/7/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for a romantic dinner on a warm summer night. The Buckhorn provided lovely atmosphere, exceptionally delicious food, and outstanding service. We had a wonderful dinner; everything was prepared perfectly. I had steak and lobster (one of their specials for the night) and my boyfriend had teriyaki steak skewers with a glass of wine for me and a beer for him. The prices were very reasonable - around $75 ($90 including tip.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DinnersDinnerDined on 8/6/2014Dinners are excellent. Highly recommend. If you go at 5 - 530 before the crowd its even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First VisitDiscriminatingTasteDined on 8/2/2014The Buckhorn came highly recommended and did not disappoint. The service was more than Outstanding and the Food was perfectly cooked and everything was mouth watering and delicious. Best dining experience we have had in many years. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening dining experience!Normbc9Dined on 8/1/2014Wonderful atmosphere, very clean and well trained staff. The menu selections are varied and from our previous experiences all is very good. We dine early because it is quiet and also not as busy. It has become one of our favorite stops for a very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Town Gembuddy123Dined on 7/31/2014A long time Yolo County favorite, this restaurant serves consistently good food with an emphasis on steaks. The seafood menu is quite limited but those of us who ordered the shrimp scampi were extremely pleased. The service was excellent but the noise level was extremely high. We definitely recommend reservations even midweek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food4thoughtDined on 7/30/2014Since moving to Sacramento from San Diego 2 years ago we have found the Buckhorn to be our favorite restaurant. We bring friends, neighbors and family here because it's truly a fantastic dining experience everytime we come.Special Features:
- Great Tritip and delicious specialDeliciousDined on 7/29/2014We enjoyed the special since the meat portions were just fine. The serving size was good as well as the side dishes. We had reservations so all went very well. There was some delay in ordering and serving but we found the overall experience to be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steak!CaitlinDined on 7/26/2014This is definitely a local gem. At first blush, it looks on the pricy side, but the quality of the service, food and overall experience makes this well worth it for a special occasion or just because. Their meals easily provide a good amount of leftovers and they certainly don't skimp. Highly recommend for the steak-lovers in your life!Special Features:
- WaitressLuvmydtrDined on 7/26/2014Olivia, our waitress, was great!!!! She met all of our needs and we never had to ask for anything. She made great recommendations on the food. Very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for fishbeanDined on 7/25/2014They are known for beef. Which explains why the Halibut was over cooked and bone dry
- OvationsDined on 7/25/2014Food and service was excellent . Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good as always...LovetoeatDined on 7/22/2014Our group of 5 had the tri tip, rack of lamb, filet mignon and a sirloin steak. All of us were stuffed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014I've been dining here for years, and they never disappoint. The food has always been great, at amazing prices as well. There soup is always really good too. I choose this place over many other more local options all the time.Special Features:
- wonderful mealhar4Dined on 7/20/2014All enterees cooked to requests of diners, all contents fresh and tasty, and a heavenly place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.