Buckheads - Richmond
8510 Patterson Avenue
Richmond, VA 23229Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Buckheads - Richmond
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheads.com/
- Phone: 8047502000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eric Lewis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From business meetings to holiday parties, family celebrations to rehearsal dinners, we are excited about making your event a memorable one. Whatever the occasion, our professional staff will make your private dining experience effortless and enjoyable. We offer two private dining rooms to host your event. "Uptown" accommodates up to 50 guests, accesses our main bar area and boasts a candlelit fireplace and large window. "Downtown" has seating capacity for 30 guests and offers more privacy because it is less accessible to our other dining areas. Both rooms can accommodate audiovisual presentations as well as wireless internet.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Mitchell 8047502000x
A word from Buckheads - Richmond
Buckhead’s has been a Richmond tradition since 1994. Featuring succulent Braveheart Beef and only the freshest seafood, you can taste our passion for culinary excellence. Consistently recognized with Wine Spectator’s “Best of Award of Excellence”, our list offers over 700 labels to complement your dining experience. Additionally, our bar proudly highlights one of the largest selections of single malt scotches and small batch bourbons in Richmond, Virginia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Buckheads - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Buckheads - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)notable wine list (38)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (1)Show More
- Awesome anniversary dinnerCleoVIPDined on 9/11/2014We had a terrific meal. The food was delish and service was excellent. Consistent every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!RwsmileyDined on 9/5/2014Exquisite as always! Buckheads has the best fine dining steak experience in Richmond. The food and service can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuckheadsdeaconloverDined on 9/5/2014Always a great experience at Buckheads. Use to just for special occasions but now go much more often as there are not many places that do reservations anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!jdhayes549Dined on 9/5/2014The food was perfectly prepared and delicious. If you can't find a wine that you like, then you are too picky! They were also very thoughtful. When making the reservation on OpenTable, I mentioned that it was our anniversary. They obviously read the comments as I did not mention it when we arrived. They provided a couples dessert at the end of the meal!Special Features:
- Richmond stapleBrenuartDined on 8/26/2014This was my first time to Buckheads and I enjoyed it. I've been to all the top steakhouses in the area and it holds it own. The dark wood decor makes a classy ambiance, and the steaks have the expected flavor of high quality meats prepared in high temperatures. I love that their steaks come with sides and salad. I would go back again to try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TopChefAddictDined on 8/23/2014If you like crab cakes and steaks Buckhead's is an excellent choice. Five star all the way! If you are lucky enough to have Claude as your waiter your evening will truly be a special one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and service as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014My favorite place for steak. Perfectly prepared, simply served and always delicious. Paired with a fine wine from their extensive wine list, the meal is a home run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but priceyJeffDined on 8/17/2014If you like steak, this is a great place to dine. Limited fish choices but food was excellent. The service was great too! It was very pricey if you have wine or drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT foodHB817Dined on 8/16/2014Few restaurants are worthy of a meal in the $200 range for 2 people. But this one is. I cannot imagine why anyone would go to Morton's or Ruth Chris or any other steak house when Buckhead's is here. This is a special occasion restaurant for us due to pricing, but we love it every time we are able to swing it. The food is never anything but amazing. The Steak Au Poivre is my husband's favorite and the side dishes are always perfectly done. The bar is also very nice - great Cosmopolitans (although at $15 per they should be. that is a little over the top even for fine dining). I would say the only improvement on this spot would be the location. A strip mall is, well, a strip mall. Not too appealing. The food makes up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchHokieorangeDined on 8/5/2014Buckheads does a great job. Fantastic steak. Great ServiceSpecial Features:
- An amazing time.2NCTravelersDined on 8/1/2014We liked the feel of the restaurant. It felt as if my date and I were the only people in the restaurant. Our wait staff was attentive, responsive, and knowledgeable with regards to the wines on hand - of which there are many to choose from. The Surf and Turf we ordered was tasty and wonderfully presented. The steak melted in our mouths. Cooked to perfection and very satisfying. Portion sizes were just right. My date and I were able to enjoy each our conversation as the noise level within the restaurant was practically non-existent. I would recommend Buckhead's for a romantic night on the town.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014My wife and I were in Richond for a quick get a way. We did some looking on-line and decided Buckheads looked like a good place to try. We were not disappointed. It was a Wednesday night, so it was not very busy. Our server was excellent, he was very attentive, had a sense of humor and made the meal even more enjoyable. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and desserts were awesome.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Buckheads is the place we go to celebrate special occasions or just spend time with good friends. Food is incredible, service attentive but unobtrusive. It's one the few restaurants that carries my husband's favorite small batch bourbon and the wine list is impressive! Love this restaurant. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night out at BuckheadsflofdDined on 7/12/2014From appetizers to rib-eye and halibut entrees, everything at Buckheads was great the other evening. Nice wines to complement everything. Dining in this intimate atmosphere is always a true pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!!mnoormo1VIPDined on 7/12/2014We went to Buckheads to celebrate my nephew's graduation from MSG school in Quantico and my birthday. The steak entrees were all cooked to perfection. We asked for a quiet corner and we were seated in a quiet backroom which gave the appearance of having our own personal dining room. The service was excellent and our server non-obstrusive. Desserts for all 3 diners were on the house in honor of our celebration dinner. I would definitely return to this restaurant. This is the place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Took out of town friends to dinner.likefoodDined on 7/9/2014Service was good two stakes were below par. Not as good as my first visit a couple of years ago. Don't think I will be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2014Buckheads is one of my favorite places to go for special occasions. The service is excellent and food always delicious.Special Features:
- BeckyDined on 6/28/2014Outstanding food once again at Buckheads. We enjoy coming here with our friends to celebrate special occasions. It is always a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Excellent foodTimeToEnjoyDinnerDined on 6/22/2014Buckhead's always has fantastic food and our most recent visit was no exception. Filet was cooked exactly to order. Drinks better than usual. The waiter didn't rush us yet brought next course when appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckhead's was awesometrackfeverDined on 6/21/2014I was taken to Buckhead's for my birthday dinner. The service was wonderful..never had to ask for anything. The filet was so tender it would just melt in your mouth. My daughter had the crab cakes and she said they were the best she has ever eaten. Wonderful experience and even dessert to go ..on the house for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014Service and food was outstanding. Best filet mignon ever. Ambience was good, although seating could be a bit more comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtoeat12Dined on 6/14/2014The service was great however the food as only average at best. A little pricey but if food had been better it would have been worth it.The place is too dark, drab and dated. it really needs a makeoverSpecial Features:
- Excellent mealBeachBumDined on 6/7/2014We have been to Buckhead's several times over the years. On our recent visit, the food and service were both exceptional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014I had the surf and turf, my steak and lobster were both overcooked and tough...and the beef was dry. My wife had the filet, and hers was overcooked and dry as well. The wine was great and so were the mash potatoes...so that is the only thing positive I can say. Service was average at best.Special Features:
- Still one of the Best!ctcEODDined on 5/31/2014If you are tired of the chains give Buckheads a try. Great ambience, superb steaks. Only negative at all was that service was a bit slow but not ubearably so. Calamari was excellent, salad was fresh and crisp, New York Strip was thick, juicy and cooked to order. Wife and son were equally pleased with their ribeyes. Remains my favorite steakhouse in Richmond.Special Features:
- The following 273 reviews are from the Buckheads - Richmond reviews archive.
- Great DiningMikeHDined on 4/27/2014My wife and I have been to Buckhead's twice and have not been disappointed. They serve great steaks and seem to take pride in getting them cooked to the correct temperature every time. Service was excellent, responsive and attentive without being intrusive. Good night. Would and will recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!JPTIIIDined on 4/26/2014The last time we visited Buckheads was 20 years ago. The main reason we haven't been there in so long is the price. We were celebrating a special occasion with friends and decided this is where we wanted to go. The food was exquisite and the server was very attentive but not overly so. The only thing that will keep us from returning again in the near future is the lack of "affordable" wines. There were very few to pick from that were less than $50 a bottle. We were able to find a wine that we all liked that was $50 a bottle, but our choices were limited. Overall, though, it was a fine dining experience in every way.Special Features:
- Very niceSpecialkmanDined on 4/21/2014My wife and I were traveling through Richmond and we always like to stop at local restaurants instead of the chains. Buckheads was definitely a nice surprise for us. Our steaks were awesome and cooked just right. Service, ambiance, wine list was all top of the line. What a great way to start off our vacation. Don't let the neighborhood center location fool you. This place has all the goods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening outBCKSTSDined on 4/15/2014Recently, we were looking for a solid local restaurant in the Richmond area to have a relaxing dinner not only on a Friday or Saturday night, but during the week as well and for those special occasions. We re-discovered Buckheads. The service from the time you walk in, to the time you leave is fantastic. We've have dined several times in the last couple of months and each time a different day and time and have had different items on the menu. It's all been terrific. The bar drinks are not watered down and the wine list is solid. The steaks are tender, the vegetables are fresh and the caramelized onions are just plain awesome. The salad is included in the price of the entree. The deserts are a good ending to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, done right.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/9/2014Always a reliable, well prepared meal served with panache. One of our favorites for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Special CelebrationThebestforusDined on 4/5/2014We went for my wife's birthday and found the experience to be worthy of the restaurant's reputation. We were greeted warmly, our server was knowledgeable, efficient, friendly, and he went out of his way to make sure our needs were met. Everything we ordered exceeded our expectations and it was a rare treat to be in an atmosphere that was quiet and elegant.Special Features:
- our favorite repeatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014We were celebrating two birthdays and the experience was amazing as usually. We come to Buckheads for special occasions and business visits. The service, food, and atmosphere is always amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lacked attention to detailMidwest313Dined on 3/29/2014After sending my steak back twice and being disregarded, I decided to call it a night. Me and my wife decided to spend our Anniverary Dinner at a different Restaurant in Richmond. Will not dine at Buckhead's again. (Hondo's and Bookbinders are awesome choices)Special Features:
- Our experienceAshalvarez08Dined on 3/15/2014We really had a great time dining in at Buckheads Richmond. The staff was very friendly and our waiter was awesome. He made sure we had everything we needed at all times. The food was out of this world and I am excited to say we will be definitely dining again, most likely very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One splendid eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014A beautiful dining experience including hot expertly prepared food. The dining room was filled with conversation among surrounding tables yet quiet enough to engage in a personal conversation without talking above the other customers. An evening to remember. The service was very professional. The best my wife and I have been subjected to in Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceVAtravelerDined on 3/14/2014Love Buckheads and, but last night was not a good experience. The waiter was not personable, overweight, and was unkempt. The special appetizer was seared scallops which I wanted as an entree and the waiter said I could. When my entree arrived there were three scallops rather than the 6 the waiter promised. I asked why and he said he was confused--that he hadn't realized I wanted two appetizers and that he could bring me another one! I told him it was fine. The other service was slow and we had to ask for things such as butter and salt & pepper. The other entrees were delicious--as always, and the other staff members were gracious and helpful. We will go back, but hope our next experience is the same as our past visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014My husband and I ate here with some friends we hadn't seen in a while. The wait staff was proficient and courteous and knowledgeable of the menu. The food was amazing, but the potato cake was not so world famous though; it was just a potato cake. The vegetables were extremely fresh and the steaks were definitely worth the money. I absolutely plan to go back.Special Features:
- our first time here....beatsthebdayboyandmeDined on 3/8/2014our first time here....beats Shula's, Flemings, Ruths Chris, etc. The filet mignon with crab on top special was the perfect combo.....great suggestion from the waiter. Awesome! We will be back soon and have already started telling all our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and waiter were fine.LisaDined on 3/1/2014The food and waiter were fine. However, it took over two hours, which was too long. The table behind us had a group of young intoxicated individuals whose antics over-shadowed our conversation.
- Great food; slow servicefsu75choDined on 3/1/2014The food was great and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Our waiter seemed bored (to the point of being annoyed ...while still being polite) and the service was slow (from beginning to end 3+ hours - which was fine for visiting and enjoying the good food); the waiter was polite, but indifferent and absent between delivery of various courses; the only part of the meal that was lacking was the salad which looked and tasted premade and sitting for a while - nothing exciting -- also contained mushrooms which I had told the waiter I was very allergic to at the beginning of our orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.