Buckheads - Richmond
8510 Patterson Avenue
Richmond, VA 23229Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Buckheads - Richmond
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheads.com/
- Phone: 8047502000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eric Lewis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From business meetings to holiday parties, family celebrations to rehearsal dinners, we are excited about making your event a memorable one. Whatever the occasion, our professional staff will make your private dining experience effortless and enjoyable. We offer two private dining rooms to host your event. "Uptown" accommodates up to 50 guests, accesses our main bar area and boasts a candlelit fireplace and large window. "Downtown" has seating capacity for 30 guests and offers more privacy because it is less accessible to our other dining areas. Both rooms can accommodate audiovisual presentations as well as wireless internet.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Mitchell 8047502000x
A word from Buckheads - Richmond
Buckhead’s has been a Richmond tradition since 1994. Featuring succulent Braveheart Beef and only the freshest seafood, you can taste our passion for culinary excellence. Consistently recognized with Wine Spectator’s “Best of Award of Excellence”, our list offers over 700 labels to complement your dining experience. Additionally, our bar proudly highlights one of the largest selections of single malt scotches and small batch bourbons in Richmond, Virginia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Buckheads - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Buckheads - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)notable wine list (43)romantic (36)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- great food the best steaks in townTheBaronessVIPDined on 10/28/2014Simply the best steaks in town. Puts the other places to shame and the best sides as well...Special Features:
- hunneybunDined on 10/25/2014We love dining at Buckheads. Service is outstanding and the food is never disappointing. From the time you walk in the door you are always treated with friendly staff.Special Features:
- wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We celebrated our 22nd wedding aniversary at Buckheads. They were very accommodating. Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodHelpinghandVAVIPDined on 10/16/2014Mean was very good. It was not great but very good. I would go back but I will not say this was not super special. This is not a negative review as I enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Anniversay FunLovegoodfoodandwineDined on 10/10/2014We had an absolutely wonderful meal, a delicious bottle of wine, and our waiter finished off our evening with an amazing dessert with a candle in it! Totally romantic, special evening! My husband had never been to Buckhead's and afterwards he said that the meal at Buckhead's was probably the best he has ever had - from the lobster bisque to the dessert. He loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingSeatingDined on 10/9/2014I took my daughter there for her 18th birthday. We were seated first by a large group of at least 16 people and couldn't hear ourselves talk. We were asked to be moved. Then we were seated by the kitchen. There were many other tables that I felt would have been a better choice. After already being moved once, my daughter was uncomfortable being moved again. It was very loud by the kitchen and the waiters were constantly going by our table. I would not recommend that table for a nice dinner and/or experience. I also would not say that energetic is a good word for the noise level that we experienced .Special Features:
- Still Great After All These YearsJohnAVIPDined on 10/7/2014Buckheads has been RVA's premier locally owned chophouse for three decades, and a recent visit for our anniversary confirmed that it is still one of the finest in Richmond. My filet was superb. My wife attests that the Crab Imperial is the best she's ever had. The service was thoroughly professional. The wine list features an excellent range of vintages at diverse prices. We will definitely be back again and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a visitFastDadDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I went to Buckhead's 6 years ago when we were in Richmond for the weekend. That dinner was exquisite! Fast-forward to this year and we decided to drive down to Richmond from our home in Stafford to dine again at Buckhead's for our 17th Anniversary. Once again Buckhead's did not disappoint us. Ambiance of our booth was wonderful - we could actually have a quiet conversation (unlike many modern restaurants). Our server was great. He was attentive without being overbearing and just the right combination of friendliness, yet completely knowledgeable and professional. The food, once again, was exquisite. We will be back again as it is well worth the drive for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak House and MoreRickVIPDined on 9/27/2014Had super time on our first visit. Great food (aged steaks perfectly cooked as requested), crisp vegetables, nice salad. Refreshing to see sides included with the meal.Special Features:
- Never a disappointment!ElizaDined on 9/24/2014I've eaten at Buckhead's three times, and each time I am impressed with the meal. I worry that maybe I've remembered it as better than it really was...it is top notch, a dining delight.Special Features:
- Outstanding!mcdillDined on 9/24/2014Best restaurant in Richmond! The food is amazing and the service (Claude) is awesome! This is our favorite restaurant for any occasion!Special Features:
- Consistently good!HowardVIPDined on 9/23/2014Always enjoy going. Food is consistently good! Nice pleasant atmosphere. Experienced wait staff that have been there for many years.
- Best Steak EverJennyDined on 9/21/2014We had a wonderful experience at Buckhead's the other evening. We had steak fromage and steak au poivre; both were great, but my steak fromage was just a little better. Dessert was also really good with the bread pudding winning over the key lime pie. Wine options vary from $6 a glass to hundreds of dollars a bottle, so there is something for everyone's taste. The restaurant is in a strip mall, but don't let the outside sway you. This is a really nice restaurant with great food and service.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningluv2dine2Dined on 9/13/2014Were looking for a new dining experience, and found to be quiet, excellent atmosphere for celebrating our anniversary. My husband's steak was very good and my crab cakes excellent. Sides were good, my potato cake ok, interesting, and the chocolate dessert with ice cream was excellent. Would go there again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome anniversary dinnerCleoVIPDined on 9/11/2014We had a terrific meal. The food was delish and service was excellent. Consistent every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!RwsmileyDined on 9/5/2014Exquisite as always! Buckheads has the best fine dining steak experience in Richmond. The food and service can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuckheadsdeaconloverDined on 9/5/2014Always a great experience at Buckheads. Use to just for special occasions but now go much more often as there are not many places that do reservations anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!jdhayes549Dined on 9/5/2014The food was perfectly prepared and delicious. If you can't find a wine that you like, then you are too picky! They were also very thoughtful. When making the reservation on OpenTable, I mentioned that it was our anniversary. They obviously read the comments as I did not mention it when we arrived. They provided a couples dessert at the end of the meal!Special Features:
- Richmond stapleBrenuartDined on 8/26/2014This was my first time to Buckheads and I enjoyed it. I've been to all the top steakhouses in the area and it holds it own. The dark wood decor makes a classy ambiance, and the steaks have the expected flavor of high quality meats prepared in high temperatures. I love that their steaks come with sides and salad. I would go back again to try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TopChefAddictDined on 8/23/2014If you like crab cakes and steaks Buckhead's is an excellent choice. Five star all the way! If you are lucky enough to have Claude as your waiter your evening will truly be a special one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and service as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014My favorite place for steak. Perfectly prepared, simply served and always delicious. Paired with a fine wine from their extensive wine list, the meal is a home run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but priceyJeffDined on 8/17/2014If you like steak, this is a great place to dine. Limited fish choices but food was excellent. The service was great too! It was very pricey if you have wine or drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT foodHB817Dined on 8/16/2014Few restaurants are worthy of a meal in the $200 range for 2 people. But this one is. I cannot imagine why anyone would go to Morton's or Ruth Chris or any other steak house when Buckhead's is here. This is a special occasion restaurant for us due to pricing, but we love it every time we are able to swing it. The food is never anything but amazing. The Steak Au Poivre is my husband's favorite and the side dishes are always perfectly done. The bar is also very nice - great Cosmopolitans (although at $15 per they should be. that is a little over the top even for fine dining). I would say the only improvement on this spot would be the location. A strip mall is, well, a strip mall. Not too appealing. The food makes up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchHokieorangeDined on 8/5/2014Buckheads does a great job. Fantastic steak. Great ServiceSpecial Features:
- An amazing time.2NCTravelersDined on 8/1/2014We liked the feel of the restaurant. It felt as if my date and I were the only people in the restaurant. Our wait staff was attentive, responsive, and knowledgeable with regards to the wines on hand - of which there are many to choose from. The Surf and Turf we ordered was tasty and wonderfully presented. The steak melted in our mouths. Cooked to perfection and very satisfying. Portion sizes were just right. My date and I were able to enjoy each our conversation as the noise level within the restaurant was practically non-existent. I would recommend Buckhead's for a romantic night on the town.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014My wife and I were in Richond for a quick get a way. We did some looking on-line and decided Buckheads looked like a good place to try. We were not disappointed. It was a Wednesday night, so it was not very busy. Our server was excellent, he was very attentive, had a sense of humor and made the meal even more enjoyable. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and desserts were awesome.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Buckheads is the place we go to celebrate special occasions or just spend time with good friends. Food is incredible, service attentive but unobtrusive. It's one the few restaurants that carries my husband's favorite small batch bourbon and the wine list is impressive! Love this restaurant. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night out at BuckheadsflofdDined on 7/12/2014From appetizers to rib-eye and halibut entrees, everything at Buckheads was great the other evening. Nice wines to complement everything. Dining in this intimate atmosphere is always a true pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!!mnoormo1VIPDined on 7/12/2014We went to Buckheads to celebrate my nephew's graduation from MSG school in Quantico and my birthday. The steak entrees were all cooked to perfection. We asked for a quiet corner and we were seated in a quiet backroom which gave the appearance of having our own personal dining room. The service was excellent and our server non-obstrusive. Desserts for all 3 diners were on the house in honor of our celebration dinner. I would definitely return to this restaurant. This is the place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Took out of town friends to dinner.likefoodDined on 7/9/2014Service was good two stakes were below par. Not as good as my first visit a couple of years ago. Don't think I will be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2014Buckheads is one of my favorite places to go for special occasions. The service is excellent and food always delicious.Special Features:
- The following 281 reviews are from the Buckheads - Richmond reviews archive.
- BeckyDined on 6/28/2014Outstanding food once again at Buckheads. We enjoy coming here with our friends to celebrate special occasions. It is always a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Excellent foodTimeToEnjoyDinnerDined on 6/22/2014Buckhead's always has fantastic food and our most recent visit was no exception. Filet was cooked exactly to order. Drinks better than usual. The waiter didn't rush us yet brought next course when appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckhead's was awesometrackfeverDined on 6/21/2014I was taken to Buckhead's for my birthday dinner. The service was wonderful..never had to ask for anything. The filet was so tender it would just melt in your mouth. My daughter had the crab cakes and she said they were the best she has ever eaten. Wonderful experience and even dessert to go ..on the house for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014Service and food was outstanding. Best filet mignon ever. Ambience was good, although seating could be a bit more comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtoeat12Dined on 6/14/2014The service was great however the food as only average at best. A little pricey but if food had been better it would have been worth it.The place is too dark, drab and dated. it really needs a makeoverSpecial Features:
- Excellent mealBeachBumDined on 6/7/2014We have been to Buckhead's several times over the years. On our recent visit, the food and service were both exceptional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014I had the surf and turf, my steak and lobster were both overcooked and tough...and the beef was dry. My wife had the filet, and hers was overcooked and dry as well. The wine was great and so were the mash potatoes...so that is the only thing positive I can say. Service was average at best.Special Features:
- Still one of the Best!ctcEODDined on 5/31/2014If you are tired of the chains give Buckheads a try. Great ambience, superb steaks. Only negative at all was that service was a bit slow but not ubearably so. Calamari was excellent, salad was fresh and crisp, New York Strip was thick, juicy and cooked to order. Wife and son were equally pleased with their ribeyes. Remains my favorite steakhouse in Richmond.Special Features:
- Great DiningMikeHDined on 4/27/2014My wife and I have been to Buckhead's twice and have not been disappointed. They serve great steaks and seem to take pride in getting them cooked to the correct temperature every time. Service was excellent, responsive and attentive without being intrusive. Good night. Would and will recommend to friends.Special Features: