Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
3073 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/buckhead-diner/
- Phone: 4042623336x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Charles Schwab
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
Buckhead Diner is an American dining experience unlike any other. Inventive and long-time favorite menu items, snappy service, upscale atmosphere and retro style give this Atlanta icon a funky flair all its own. The fun menu and energy-packed atmosphere give guests a taste of nostalgia that’s always in style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating reviews from OpenTable diners
435 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (190)great for lunch (158)fit for foodies (157)special occasion (104)great for brunch (98)good for groups (85)hot spot (83)kid-friendly (72)late-night find (39)vibrant bar scene (25)notable wine list (24)romantic (22)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Everything is great except...BillVIPDined on 10/19/2014I had a great time at brunch but I'd like to go to a restaurant that honors reservations. Priority seating seems to mean nothing in regards to having a table ready when you arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTOldMonkVIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent service and exceptional food. A clean fresh ambiance. Enjoyed the evening tremendously. For the quality and serving size, the food is actually very reasonably priced. Will be back often!Special Features:
- A bit casual for a Friday nightAshleyDined on 10/17/2014Ive been here many times through out the years. However hadnt been in quite some time. I was very surprised by the "lack" now of any type "dress code" for evenings. Where patrons were wearing tennis shoes and ball caps. To my recollection any time i came in the pst there was a "dress code" for evening dining which i as a frequent diner appreciated. Other than this, Our dinner was fabulous as usual.Special Features:
- Unbelievable service!!LisaDined on 10/17/2014the Buckhead Diner was very inviting and gracious. We were running late from a meeting and they completely understood and took us when we arrived even though we were 30 minutes late. the service was impeccable. Our waitress was friendly and professional. The meal flowed without any delays. I was impressed with the quick service and attention to detail. the food was fabulous too. overall, we had a wonderful experience!!Special Features:
- Love Buckhead DinerDineoftenleaveHAPPYDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I dine at Buckhead Diner every chance we get- even though we live on St Simons. He always orders the Meatloaf,I love the Caesar Salad with grilled Salmon. Our only dessert is the Banana Cream Pie. Wow,it's worth the calories! Many of the servers have been there forever and even remember what foods you like. It's a friendly,well located restaurant offering good food-- every time. We will continue to make the effort winding through the big city traffic to eat at Buckhead Diner.Special Features:
- DecentverisityVIPDined on 10/15/2014Couple of the server recommendations were off. My Grouper did not come with sticky rice but plain white rice. Unfortunately our table was not a fan of their famous banana pie.Special Features:
- LisaMarieDined on 10/15/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at Buckhead Diner. The service was great and the food was delicious. We will go back soon to enjoy this gem.Special Features:
- Very disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014This is the third time in a row that I've been disappointed at the Buckhead Diner. I first ate there about 15 years ago and thought it was amazing. Little by little by little it's got progessively worse. Now I consider it a very average place to eat. The food is "ok" but the service is poor every time I go there. This last visit was for a 12.30pm lunch on a Wednesday. There were several empty tables so they can't say they were too busy to look after us properly. I've emailed the owners and stated ""three strikes and out" and that I won't be going back! Save your time and money and go to one of the many good restaurants in Buckhead!
- Not your average diner!BlondeAltoDined on 10/10/2014Valet parking with Ferrara and Teslas in the lot outside a shiny diner! Entire staff addressed us by name and service was fantastic! Full bar and good food. Really enjoyed the evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- irisirisDined on 10/9/2014Always a fun time, good food and drink in a comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedsandyspringsgalVIPDined on 10/7/2014The food came within a few minutes after ordering. The wine followed a few minutes later but it would have been nice to have had some wine before our dinner. Brought a new customer wh had never been there before. She felt that we were being given the rush act.
- Would go backHomeschmomDined on 10/6/2014Good food, great variety on the menu, always friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/5/2014Coffee was not hot enough for brunch and my husband's grits were cold when they arrived. My daughter loved her heirloom tomato Benedict.Special Features:
- NICE TIMEOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/2/2014We had a great time. BEST grilled cheese around! The service and ambiance were wonderful!Special Features:
- good food but noiseylove2eatDined on 10/2/2014always enjoy the food...varied menu and good pricesSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood gemLeafBeanVegasDined on 10/1/2014Buchead Diner is a neighborhood gem. Food is five star and the vibe in the place is great. Will be on the regular rotation...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlaineVIPDined on 10/1/2014Good choices for vegetarian. Other party gphad crab cake-wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Great comfort foodTonyDDined on 9/30/2014The food at Buckhead Diner is always the point of the trip, and as always, was delicious and relative to other Buckhead Life venues, inexpensive. The waiters are knowledgeable and attentive to your needs. Getting inside can be a chore if you arrive during a busy time as the parking is valet only and fairly small - there may be a long line to get parked outside and another to be seated. Once inside, there is a frantic energy that makes it difficult to talk to your dinner companion. Large groups are seated between the rows of booths and are universally loud. So, enjoy the food, but don't expect a calm reflective evening in the boisterous atmosphere at Buckhead Diner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/30/2014We had a 40 minute wait WITH priority seating; it is not worth that sort of wait, so we left. The valet parking was horrrible; there was no room and not enough valets, so that process (just getting out of the car, once on site) took 10 minutes.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/29/2014It was a busy Monday and we received great service - you can tell our server is very experienced as he guided us through the menu highlights & specials and kept our table well manicured with all the small details.Special Features:
- MimiMimiDined on 9/29/2014The food was excellent and the service was great. We ordered the rainbow trout with mashed potatoes and scallions which was quite unique the way it was prepared and delicious. I would certainly recommend it. For the dessert we ordered the cake with cinnamon ice cream which was awesome. I plan to return just for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great afternoonGrelaVIPDined on 9/28/2014We were welcomed with enthusiasm and served in a great manner. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Not the service I have grown to expect from this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great MealDevjorDined on 9/27/2014Another great meal at Buckhead Diner. The food was (as usual) awesome. Can not wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like an Old Friendcarolina47Dined on 9/26/2014Buckhead Diner is always a comfy place for a good lunch or family/friends supper. The comfort food can be relied on, & service is generally pleasant & prompt. Our latest early supper on Friday evening was marred only by a server less efficient & not quite as warm as we've found in the past. Perhaps she was having a bad day-- indeed we observed & overheard some sarcastic & harried encounters with her associates-- but since we arrived at 5:45, I wonder how she handled her customers when all tables were filled. This is unexpected in a Buckhead Life restaurant. We'll be back, & will hope for a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPPOINTEDwcf10590Dined on 9/25/2014I have eaten here probably dozens of times over a 25+ year period. This is only time the entire experience was below par. Maybe it was just the busy evening. We had to ask for table settings. When we gave in our forks after a salad, another fork was not replaced. We had to ask for this. No bread plates were ever given to us. The food was good, not great like always in the past. Our server was friendly and courteous, but not attentive. It was a busy evening, however. ON OTHER THING. The management should repair and repave the exit area from the restaurant. There are holes and big cracks in the exit concrete. No excuse for this for an upscale restaurant in Buckhead, expecially one that has been in that location for so many years.
- OverratedNotlantaDined on 9/25/2014Seated within 10 minutes, but waited an hour for appetizer. Blue cheese dhips are chips with blue cheese melted on top, like nachos. Shrimp and grits are tasteless as is banana cream pie. Fish special was overcooked and overseasoned. Room is beautiful. Have a drink, then go elsewhere to eat.
- Still A Starfsi4122Dined on 9/24/2014Relaxed diner mood, with white table service. Food is very fresh, shrimp tacos are fantastic, we always order them to start. One of the best veggie plates in the city. Busy on a Tuesday night, which tells you something. A long-time favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never a disappointment!ddppoDined on 9/24/2014The food and service at the Buckhead Diner is never lacking. I have tried many of the menu items and have never been disappointed. The service is second to none.Special Features:
- iji93108VIPDined on 9/24/2014Three decades later Buckhead Diner remans Atlanta's "Fog City Diner", but the quality persists day in and day out. Good for Sunday menu brunch, unpretentious lunch (business or pleasure) and comfortable dinner venue.Special Features:
- Always Love the Buckhead DinerGigiDined on 9/24/2014I can always count on a great meal, good ambiance. While I have my favorites, I try new items as often as I can because I am always happy with the foodSpecial Features:
- food was goodbardoVIPDined on 9/22/2014food was good on this visit, but service could have been much better. we go here often and it can be hit or miss as far as the service, but the food is usually always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little more upscael diner classicLocalDined on 9/22/2014I like this spot. Great location, parking easy, nice looking exterior and cool interior. Good, hearty fare with a nod to foodies. Plenty of calories but that's what I expect from a diner. Professional waiters.Special Features:
- DisappointedbabbaDined on 9/21/2014I specifically made reservations on Sunday to have the fantastic fried chicken,which is available only on Sundays and Wednesdays and was told by the waiter that they had run out of chicken. It is hard for me to believe that a restaurant can run out of a basic item like chicken. It is extremely disappointing.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentHeavenlyJaneDined on 9/21/2014We didn't understand that "priority seating" meant that we were arriving without a reservation. We waited 20 minutes for our table. Thankfully we had no post-dinner engagement awaiting us, but we started dinner annoyed.. We waited at least 15 minutes for the waitress to return to take our order. When the bread arrived we realized we had no tableware. When we pointed it out, we were brought only knives. When the dinner arrived, we again asked for tableware and were brought forks. We never received spoons. My companion's horseradish-crusted Maine cod was delicious but my grilled mahi-mahi (fish of the day) sandwich was a mess to eat and tasted bland. Overall, we walked away thinking that this was a restaurant we would not return to again.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014We finally got our table of 9 and were given two menus. So I had to go back to the hostess stand to as for more menus. We got our appetizers and bread but did not get any plates. When we got the plate they were still wet. We had to ask the waiter twice that we were ready to place our order. Once the food arrived it was fine, but I was very disappointed on the service for the first half of our meal. And no manager ever came by to ask us how everything was.Special Features:
- Good RestaurantDealmakerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Consistently good food and service. The restaurant had a huge surge of customers and the kitchen could not get the entree out fast enough.Special Features:
- great experience!jsrogers76Dined on 9/20/2014Overall, we had a great dining experience. The food selection was pretty good but not great. This is an All-American-type restaurant with your standard dishes. Nothing was special except for the classic diner experience. I had the pork chop with honey BBQ sauce and it was pretty stink in' good. The Maytag blue cheese chips should not be missed... they are one of the unique highlights on the menu. The dessert menu was so-so. Service was above average. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- CattDined on 9/20/2014I was very disappointed overall with how casual this has become. When we arrived, 2 people covered in tattoos and wearing overalls and tube tops came out which took away from my experience. I don't have anything against how people dress or tattoos but when I want to go out to a nice restaurant, that I have dressed up a bit for and am ready to pay $12 for a hamburger, I don't want to be sitting next to someone wearing a college team tshirt and shorts. I guess this location has decided to go downhill and I can only hope the other BL restaurants have not done the same. But given the choice, I would not go back to a BL restaurant. Food was fine; there was a fishy/mildew odor in the air but our server was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than Disappointed.ToddNTiff923Dined on 9/19/2014My wife and I had a BLG gift card and we decided on Buckhead Diner before the Garth Brooks concert. When we walked in, you couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the awful sour odor in the air. At first we thought it was something behind the bar, since that's where we were waiting for our table. But once we were seated, we could still smell it. It just made the overall experience terrible, because that's really all we could think about for the time we were there. Secondly, our server, although he was very friendly, he really was not good. I overheard him at another table say that his area was full and he was so busy. But really...we just wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. On the bright side, the dinner was very good.