Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
3073 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/buckhead-diner/
- Phone: 4042623336x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Charles Schwab
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
Buckhead Diner is an American dining experience unlike any other. Inventive and long-time favorite menu items, snappy service, upscale atmosphere and retro style give this Atlanta icon a funky flair all its own. The fun menu and energy-packed atmosphere give guests a taste of nostalgia that’s always in style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating reviews from OpenTable diners
394 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (163)great for lunch (156)fit for foodies (151)special occasion (121)great for brunch (109)good for groups (81)kid-friendly (72)hot spot (65)late-night find (43)romantic (22)notable wine list (20)vibrant bar scene (17)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Anytime I travel to Atlanta I always make reservations to eat at the Buckhead diner. And love is not a strong enough word for the white chocolate banana cream pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the try.AshleyGHVIPDined on 8/29/2014It was worth trying, food was not terrible but not overly impressed. I will say the dessert was the best choice. Great after late night drinking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was good, service was fine, although the menu seems to be getting tired and perhaps needs a bit of a revamp as the choices are limited and predictable.Special Features:
- Buckhead DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Food is always very good. We had our 3yr old with us and they treated her well from reception to departure. We also needed a cab and they called ahead and allowed us to remain seated at our table until it arrived. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Bestfsi4122Dined on 8/28/2014Great shrimp tacos to start. Enough variety to satisfy any level of hunger. This and more, having the very pleasant and capable server, Jennifer, was the finishing touch. We have this same positive experience at every visit. Very fond of Buckhead Diner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xxxxDined on 8/27/2014The west side of the dinning room, seated by the window was extremely warm with glares from the sun. Entrée was brought shortly after salads and had to be sent back to keep warm while we ate our salads. Bad pacing of food delivery. Food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014I took my mother there for her birthday. We had a party of 4. Service was sub par. When we got our appetizers they didn't bring the side plates(took 5 min). They didn't clear our appetizers till we were done with the main meal so we got to stare at remaining bits the whole time. Had to flag the waitress down to get our water refilled. Food was great.Special Features:
- Another Great Experience0624flipDined on 8/25/2014Buckhead Diner is one of my favorite eateries, mainly because of the atmosphere and the food. The service is always great. I recently started having a drink at the bar before dining, and the apple martinis are superb! I am sensitive to gluten, and the restaurant menu accommodated my needs. This was another great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre experienceBBanksDined on 8/24/2014When I eat at a Buckhead Life Group restaurant, I expect to pay more for great food and great service. Buckhead Diner missed the mark on Sunday night. We had a very unfriendly server who did not bother to tell us her name, offer any specials, etc. I felt like my husband and I were inconveniencing her when we asked her for anything. I felt very rushed the whole time we were there. We ordered around 7:30 and they were already out of the Sunday fried chicken- our server did not offer any recommendations or seem apologetic that they were out of my order. I ended up just getting a small salad instead, which was very good. As usual, the food at Buckhead Diner was good, but overall our experience just wasn't great.
- Son's birthdayericDined on 8/24/2014Took our son for his birthday, expecting a quite Sunday night dinner. The Diner was hoping! Our server was very attentive, and always friendly. We enjoyed our meals, and they didn't rush us out even though there was a wait, and we lingered a bit for the birthday celebration. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisyNoots324Dined on 8/22/2014It was really noisy but the food was good. Also, not sure why you make reservations. We were seated about 30 minutes after our reservation time.Special Features:
- Best Fried ShrimpChuckDined on 8/22/2014This is the best fried shrimp that I have had in the city of Atlanta! Very light breading, large size shrimp - wish I had more! I order fried shrimp whenever it's on a menu, this is the best by far I had in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Service great! Food delicious. Wonderful bday cake---the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unnecessarily NoisyspiceitupDined on 8/20/2014Unfortunately, we were seated near the bar and the noise level was extremely high---not from patrons but from staff. Our server was so busy talking to a bartender that we had to ask another staff member to tap him on the shoulder and get his attention for us to order (and we were only 4 feet away!) The bar staff were talking in loud voices and chatting with other staff the entire time we were there. They were having a party that we weren't invited to!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Had to wait over 15 minutes to be seated. Service was good and food was too.Special Features:
- Consistently greatRAS09Dined on 8/17/2014Even after all these years, Buckhead Diner has stayed great and relevant. Always a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinerNewYorkerArtDined on 8/17/2014The Buckhead Diner has been around since the late 80s and their food and service is still excellent.Special Features:
- ATL great placeAce1324Dined on 8/17/2014One of my favorites in ATL. Food is always fabulous. Their omelets are world beaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Enjoyed Buckhead DinerLynnDined on 8/15/2014I must say that I really enjoyed the food this time so much better than the last time. Everything about the experience was great. We had the best server! I would definitely recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennyJENNYVDined on 8/14/2014Our waiter was awesome very attentive to my girlfriend who was handicapped and celebrating her Bday. She definitely felt like a princess. The desk staff came over and engaged us offering to stack the seat so my friend could better reach the table. It was the perfect eve. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EveningAUsomeDined on 8/13/2014Food was great and service was the same. What else can I say. See you next time I am in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Mediocre Food; very good serviceSkyskater01Dined on 8/13/2014It's been several years since my last visit to the Buckhead Diner, and I looked forward to taking several visiting business colleagues there for dinner. The food was mediocre, not nearly as good as I remembered. Service was very good. Noise level very high making it difficult to discuss business matters. Some of the windows need coverings as at sunset the sun shines directly into the eyes of the diners, which makes the diners look ridiculous at resorting to wearing sunglasses at table in order to converse with guests as well as to eat. Overall, not an experience I will repeat anytime soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not the lastRositaDined on 8/13/2014This was my first time dining at the famous Buckhead Diner. And the blue cheese chips lived up to their reputation. I could have just dined on the appetizer but did try an entree which was also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a 10Atlanta01VIPDined on 8/13/2014We have been eating at Buckhead Diner for many years and have never left disappointed. The food is always outstanding. Fresh and well prepared. Their wait staff and management is the best. "10" is the only number that fits this wonderful dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RDA2176VIPDined on 8/11/2014Have been many times since it first opened. Always good.
- Buckhead DinnerBrianDined on 8/10/2014Great food, great service, all you need for a great night out....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckhead Diner. A monthly visit!!!777SHHVIPDined on 8/10/2014Divine & creative menu items, terrific service, & an outstanding Manager in Maureen Baker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Nite @ The DinerNolepalVIPDined on 8/10/2014After two past not so mentionable visits, finally a good experience w/both food & svc at the Bkhd Diner. Lindsay, bartender, on point w/svc. Friendly & accommodating. Emily, our server, was friendly & attentive & saw to any needs. The trout & bbq eggrolls were good. The kale salad was good but yet again, always over dressed (3rd time ordering). Took it home & added at least 3 cups of add'l lettuce & still the entire salad wet. Not sure why they feel the need to overdress this salad when the ingredients stand on there own. But this was a refreshing change after the past two times we've visited the Diner in the past few mos. Sad that no one contacted us from BLGR after commenting twice on bad experiences at the Diner & once at Bistro Niko.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weird spot for a valetclurbVIPDined on 8/10/2014I know it's Buckhead, but a valet requirement at a diner, with a large parking lot, seemed very strange and completely unnecessary. Maybe they get really, really busy? But we had brunch on Sunday at noon, and there was more than enough room for us to park ourselves. The food was very good - absolutely no complaints there - and the service was nice and professional, but overall it was a weird vibe for me. Couldn't decide if it was casual or formal, combined a few elements of both. A drink probably would have helped, but GA can't serve mimosas before 1230 on a sunday... It's a good meal, and I'd say price points are fair, but be sure you know what you're getting yourself into.Special Features:
- Outstanding, as alwaysoccasionaldinerDined on 8/9/2014We have visited Buckhead Diner on many occasions and have always found it well worth the drive from Powder Springs. The service is wonderful. The servers are available but they don't hover. The food is exceptional. This was our anniversary dinner and we thoroughly enjoyed it. They even treated us to a piece of their terrific Banana Cream Pie and wrote "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate on the plate. Love this place!!Special Features:
- my reviewLansterDined on 8/8/2014It was a good place to eat.I really liked it a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for lunch in BuckheadExperiencedDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Coming here on a very regular basis. For a reason. Super high consistency in food quality, great selection of salads and sandwiches - something for every palate - and among the very most friendly and accommodating service experiences you'll find in town. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placelove2eatDined on 8/7/2014Great food. Consistently good. Service perfect. It was extremely noisy !!!!!!!Special Features:
- Does Not Like Priority SeatingEmeryVIPDined on 8/6/2014We have been dining at the Buckhead Diner for years and love it. On this visit I used Open Table for my reservations and arrived on time only to be told they do not like to honor OT Priority seating and it would be 45 minutes for our table. What going on? We were seated in 25 minutes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014Disappointed that a reservation is actually just "priority seating." Maybe I should start making my reservation for 30 minutes before I arrive since they don't seat you anytime near your reserved time.
- Consistently consistentgolffatherDined on 8/6/2014Over the years my wife and I have been to Buckhead Diner several times. We have never been disappointed . Consistently excellent food served professionally. Love the veal/wild mushroom meatloaf .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedseafoodismeDined on 8/3/2014I was trying the diner as part of the Summer Dine-a-Round. Reservations were not available for an earlier time, but the parking lot was over half empty?... Greeting was fair by the host. Once seated it took a long time for a server to come over and even longer for our drink order to be brought back to the table. We were finally offered bread at the time our order was being taken with no saucers to use. It was unusually long for our food to arrive considering the restaurant was not busy. Our server was not very attentive and didn't follow up well. The food was delicious but service was substandard for the Buckhead Life Restaurant Group. First impression was not a good one...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so disappointedtruthfulDined on 8/3/2014my favorite of the blgroup has always been the diner...until sunday when we experiencedthe following: very ordinary food, an order coming out incomplete, reaching to serve, lack of garnish on dessert, no help leaving the restaurant with my husband in a wheelchair, service that we could have gotten at chili's ...basically, the bhd has lost is special touches...we will not return
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Food was quite tasty. Service was a bit slow and relaxed except for the person bringing water. We never went below half a glass of water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Diner ... everCTAndersonDined on 8/2/2014Buckead Diner takes the diner experience to an entirely new (though its been doing it for a long time) level. The service is very good, and the food is excellent. Don't go for conversation, though ... as its a bit on the LOUD SIDE.Special Features: