Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
3073 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/buckhead-diner/
- Phone: (404) 262-3336
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Charles Schwab
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
Buckhead Diner is an American dining experience unlike any other. Inventive and long-time favorite menu items, snappy service, upscale atmosphere and retro style give this Atlanta icon a funky flair all its own. The fun menu and energy-packed atmosphere give guests a taste of nostalgia that’s always in style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating reviews from OpenTable diners
335 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (148)fit for foodies (133)great for lunch (113)special occasion (79)good for groups (77)hot spot (73)great for brunch (71)kid-friendly (63)late-night find (31)vibrant bar scene (18)notable wine list (15)romantic (15)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fantastic Food - but rushed serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/201415 years ago I took my wife to the Diner for one of our 1st dates on her 30th birthday. Since then we have moved away from Atlanta. When we decided to come back for a visit - I knew exactly where I wanted to take her! We were greeted at the door and welcomed very warmly - and both the hostess and manager wished her a happy birthday (which as a very nice touch). Our server was very pleasant and engaging. The menu was exactly as I remembered! We were set for a very relaxing and enjoyable night. The only unfortunate aspect was the speed of service. We were in and out in I hour and 15 minutes. Our starters were not removed and our main course appeared - we turned the food away - only for it to be brought back a few minutes later. We were never offered coffee and our check was put down 1/2 through desserts! The diner was not insanely busy, I do not think you needed to flip the table....so why were we rushed out? We left having eaten a wonderful meal - but disappointed that we were not given the time to truly enjoy the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Waited Despite ReservationLeslieHDined on 11/22/2014It was my first time dining at the Buckhead Diner. Many of my friends recommended it, so I thought I would give a try. Using Open Table, I made a reservation for a table for four at 6:45. When we arrived, the maitre d said the wait would be 20 to 25 minutes. OK, we sat and waited. Once seated, the waiter and his help staff was overwhelmed. It turned out that we had to remind them over and over the things that we ordered. The food came and delighted us. Everything was delicious. I would return based on the quality of the food. Perhaps it was just a fluke night,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Surprise!!! Banana Cream Pie!n1cnakAugustaDined on 11/22/2014I cannot say enough GREAT things about the BHD. I have eaten there twice & both times have been FABULOUS! The food never disappoints - consistently EXCEEDING expectations. The service is ranked along side that of Ritz-Carlton. Our server was FANTASTIC. He was always smiling, knew the menu to a "T," & was wonderful with our 6 year old daughter. Because I reserved priority seating thru Open Table, the staff knew my name and always addressed me as such, which added a great personal touch to the experience. The BHD went the extra mile with a huge surprise at dessert time. I mentioned in my Open Table reservation that we were celebrating my husband's belated birthday. After our meal, he was presented with a huge portion of their famous banana cream pie on a plate adorned with "Happy Birthday" in chocolate sauce complete with a candle for making a wish!!! This was totally unexpected but rounded out our evening perfectly. I will make the BHD a regular stop on all my trips to ATL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a large groupHergieDined on 11/16/2014This is the second of many trips to Buckhead Diner where we brought a large group. It's nearly impossible to find a place in Atlanta where you can make a reservation for a party of 11. Once again, Buckhead Diner made it easy. When we arrived, our table was waiting, and we were seated within minutes. The food was delicious as always, and with the variety of menu items, everyone found something they enjoyed. We especially enjoyed the homemade potato chips with blue cheese crumbles as an appetzer and the banana cream pie for dessert. We wish you would bring back our all-time favorite peach bread pudding. The service was sub-par to what we expect and normally receive at Buckhead Diner. It took 30 minutes to get our cocktails which we had hoped to enjoy with our appetizers which arrived promptly. And, twice we had to get up and ask another waiter to find our waiter for us, because she never checked in with us once we got our food or noticed that we needed more drinks. She was nice, but I wouldn't want her as our server again. But overall, the setting and the food were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!decaturfoodieDined on 11/15/2014We have been patrons of Buckhead Diner for many, many years. I can't think of any time we've been disappointed. We love the whole scene, the service, the drinks, and the food. And our waiter was fantastic, humorous, more than efficient, and just made us all feel good. I consider Buckhead Diner one of our hometown favorites!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckhead Diner never fails to please!ATLMAMADined on 11/15/2014How many restaurants do you go that has had the same front manager for as many years as I can remember? We had a party of 6 at 6:30 p.m. and were seated right away. We weren't rushed, and my daughter enjoyed her 17th birthday immensely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MfoodieDined on 11/13/2014Consistently serves good comfort food and the staff is always attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed celebrating my Dad's 85th birthday!ScooterDined on 11/12/2014Outstanding service and delicious food! Our server catered to every need quickly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service and food was not very good.ThebullVIPDined on 11/12/2014Service was slow and at time nonexistent. Long waits and server never asked how the food tasted. One dish was delivered with the order wrong, it was taken back and delivered after most were done. No comment from the server on this or anything else. Food was not horrible but was not more than OK. For the price and the reputation I expected significantly more from the Buckhead Diner.
- gefryjrVIPDined on 11/11/2014Buckhead Diner never fails to deliver! I've been visiting Atlanta/Buckhead for many years on business, and it's always one of the restaurants on my list to visit. I don't hesitate taking customers there for lunch, and they are always pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentLeloDined on 11/9/2014Excellent food and place to be for most events. Not your 'romantic' setting but fun & vibrant.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014I haven't been here for many years, but it is still as good as everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with my girlsAngelacDined on 11/8/2014Dad was out of town, so the girls and I decided on Buckhead Diner for dinner. Never disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014My wife and I have been coming to Buckhead Diner for over a decade when we visit Atlanta. It is our favorite restaurant. We love the bar as a dinner set up and love the vibrant atmosphere of the dining area. The menu is fantastic and extensive but we can't help going back to the basics of the veal and mushroom meatloaf and the grilled cheese and tomato soup. The cook those with just as much love and care as they do a steak, pasta or seafood dish. don't miss this gemSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceBen2222Dined on 11/1/2014We had amazing service from the host and the waitstaff. Top notch.Special Features:
- Everything we expected and moreyankeecracker2Dined on 11/1/2014We were on our way to the mountains and stayed overnight in Atlanta just to go to the Buckhead Diner. We were seated immediately and ordered shortly thereafter. Service was beyond outstanding. Food was everything we expected and more. Very pleased!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedMarimeDined on 10/31/2014From outside I imagined it was something else. Once inside I was pleased with my choice. Food was excellent, brisket spring rolls, then their crab cakes. Delish! Topping it all banana pie with white chocolate, (too big for my husband and myself to eat it all). Our server was very nice and food came out very fast. They have their own parking, valet for $2.00!!! Prices are very logical. A beautiful experience!Special Features:
- Still greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014This was my 2nd time going to the Buckhead Diner. The food was great. The service was excellent. My guests and I were extremely satisfied with everything we ordered.Special Features:
- Tried and TrueSuzeshoesVIPDined on 10/29/2014We have been coming here for many years and still are amazed at the consistently delicious food and service we receive. Can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- A great place to meet friendsFirstfordinnerDined on 10/27/2014We are 3 old friends that love to meet for just a "girls" night out for dinner once a month......our last two dinners out have been at Buckhead Diner. Convenient, QUIET - which allows us to talk without shouting at each other, excellent service and excellent food.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJLongDined on 10/26/2014Been here many times. Food is always consistently great. Calamari for appetizer every time I come. Tried the shrimp and grits, it was excellent but would have liked to have more than 4 shrimp. Service was not up to the usual standard. Our server said he was new and it was obvious even prior to him saying that. Overall it was another good experience, wasn't as good as some of my past visits have been but still one of my favorite spots in ATL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!beachyTDined on 10/26/2014First time dining at Buckhead Diner. It was perfect for our family "girls" evening follow by a show at the Fox Theatre. The menu satisfied all of our different tastes and was delicious! No doubt we will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/26/2014Consistently good food and always attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little value for moneyoolalaDined on 10/25/2014The food was mediocre and far too expensive the calamari was too salty the pasta and meatballs were disappointing the sauce had no character .the crab cake was good but the mashed potatoes were cold .the cod was quite good The key lime tarte was very good but the cappucino was lukewarm and was priced outrageously Our waiter was nice but a little forgetfulSpecial Features:
- loved itChase22Dined on 10/23/2014our waiter Michael was abasolutely fantastic!! the blue cheese chips are deliscious. I ordered the Honk kong style grouper.. it was by far the favorite!Special Features:
- Everything is great except...BillVIPDined on 10/19/2014I had a great time at brunch but I'd like to go to a restaurant that honors reservations. Priority seating seems to mean nothing in regards to having a table ready when you arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTOldMonkVIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent service and exceptional food. A clean fresh ambiance. Enjoyed the evening tremendously. For the quality and serving size, the food is actually very reasonably priced. Will be back often!Special Features:
- A bit casual for a Friday nightAshleyDined on 10/17/2014Ive been here many times through out the years. However hadnt been in quite some time. I was very surprised by the "lack" now of any type "dress code" for evenings. Where patrons were wearing tennis shoes and ball caps. To my recollection any time i came in the pst there was a "dress code" for evening dining which i as a frequent diner appreciated. Other than this, Our dinner was fabulous as usual.Special Features:
- Great food, Diner AtmospheremstebnickiVIPDined on 10/17/2014They do it right! The food is very good as you would expect from a BLG restaurant. The diner feel makes it cool and different. The service is outstanding. Love the gluten free options and the milk shakes!!! On this occasion we ate dinner before heading over to see Cirque de Soleil.Special Features:
- Great service, relaxed eveningRedRoverDined on 10/17/2014We have been to Buckhead Diner many times, and our server this time was exceptional. He paced the evening perfectly, and had the right balance of not hovering, and yet being accessible or anticipating when we needed anything. The blue cheese chips never disappoint!Special Features:
- Unbelievable service!!LisaDined on 10/17/2014the Buckhead Diner was very inviting and gracious. We were running late from a meeting and they completely understood and took us when we arrived even though we were 30 minutes late. the service was impeccable. Our waitress was friendly and professional. The meal flowed without any delays. I was impressed with the quick service and attention to detail. the food was fabulous too. overall, we had a wonderful experience!!Special Features:
- Love Buckhead DinerDineoftenleaveHAPPYDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I dine at Buckhead Diner every chance we get- even though we live on St Simons. He always orders the Meatloaf,I love the Caesar Salad with grilled Salmon. Our only dessert is the Banana Cream Pie. Wow,it's worth the calories! Many of the servers have been there forever and even remember what foods you like. It's a friendly,well located restaurant offering good food-- every time. We will continue to make the effort winding through the big city traffic to eat at Buckhead Diner.Special Features:
- DecentverisityVIPDined on 10/15/2014Couple of the server recommendations were off. My Grouper did not come with sticky rice but plain white rice. Unfortunately our table was not a fan of their famous banana pie.Special Features:
- LisaMarieDined on 10/15/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at Buckhead Diner. The service was great and the food was delicious. We will go back soon to enjoy this gem.Special Features:
- Very disappointing!DessertaholicDined on 10/15/2014This is the third time in a row that I've been disappointed at the Buckhead Diner. I first ate there about 15 years ago and thought it was amazing. Little by little by little it's got progessively worse. Now I consider it a very average place to eat. The food is "ok" but the service is poor every time I go there. This last visit was for a 12.30pm lunch on a Wednesday. There were several empty tables so they can't say they were too busy to look after us properly. I've emailed the owners and stated ""three strikes and out" and that I won't be going back! Save your time and money and go to one of the many good restaurants in Buckhead!
- Not your average diner!BlondeAltoDined on 10/10/2014Valet parking with Ferrara and Teslas in the lot outside a shiny diner! Entire staff addressed us by name and service was fantastic! Full bar and good food. Really enjoyed the evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- irisirisDined on 10/9/2014Always a fun time, good food and drink in a comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedsandyspringsgalVIPDined on 10/7/2014The food came within a few minutes after ordering. The wine followed a few minutes later but it would have been nice to have had some wine before our dinner. Brought a new customer wh had never been there before. She felt that we were being given the rush act.
- Would go backHomeschmomDined on 10/6/2014Good food, great variety on the menu, always friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/5/2014Coffee was not hot enough for brunch and my husband's grits were cold when they arrived. My daughter loved her heirloom tomato Benedict.Special Features: