Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
3073 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/buckhead-diner/
- Phone: 4042623336x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Charles Schwab
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
Buckhead Diner is an American dining experience unlike any other. Inventive and long-time favorite menu items, snappy service, upscale atmosphere and retro style give this Atlanta icon a funky flair all its own. The fun menu and energy-packed atmosphere give guests a taste of nostalgia that’s always in style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating reviews from OpenTable diners
437 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (183)great for lunch (165)fit for foodies (158)special occasion (121)great for brunch (110)good for groups (89)kid-friendly (78)hot spot (76)late-night find (48)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (22)romantic (20)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/29/2014It was a busy Monday and we received great service - you can tell our server is very experienced as he guided us through the menu highlights & specials and kept our table well manicured with all the small details.Special Features:
- Great afternoonGrelaVIPDined on 9/28/2014We were welcomed with enthusiasm and served in a great manner. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Not the service I have grown to expect from this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great MealDevjorDined on 9/27/2014Another great meal at Buckhead Diner. The food was (as usual) awesome. Can not wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like an Old Friendcarolina47Dined on 9/26/2014Buckhead Diner is always a comfy place for a good lunch or family/friends supper. The comfort food can be relied on, & service is generally pleasant & prompt. Our latest early supper on Friday evening was marred only by a server less efficient & not quite as warm as we've found in the past. Perhaps she was having a bad day-- indeed we observed & overheard some sarcastic & harried encounters with her associates-- but since we arrived at 5:45, I wonder how she handled her customers when all tables were filled. This is unexpected in a Buckhead Life restaurant. We'll be back, & will hope for a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPPOINTEDwcf10590Dined on 9/25/2014I have eaten here probably dozens of times over a 25+ year period. This is only time the entire experience was below par. Maybe it was just the busy evening. We had to ask for table settings. When we gave in our forks after a salad, another fork was not replaced. We had to ask for this. No bread plates were ever given to us. The food was good, not great like always in the past. Our server was friendly and courteous, but not attentive. It was a busy evening, however. ON OTHER THING. The management should repair and repave the exit area from the restaurant. There are holes and big cracks in the exit concrete. No excuse for this for an upscale restaurant in Buckhead, expecially one that has been in that location for so many years.
- OverratedNotlantaDined on 9/25/2014Seated within 10 minutes, but waited an hour for appetizer. Blue cheese dhips are chips with blue cheese melted on top, like nachos. Shrimp and grits are tasteless as is banana cream pie. Fish special was overcooked and overseasoned. Room is beautiful. Have a drink, then go elsewhere to eat.
- Still A Starfsi4122Dined on 9/24/2014Relaxed diner mood, with white table service. Food is very fresh, shrimp tacos are fantastic, we always order them to start. One of the best veggie plates in the city. Busy on a Tuesday night, which tells you something. A long-time favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never a disappointment!ddppoDined on 9/24/2014The food and service at the Buckhead Diner is never lacking. I have tried many of the menu items and have never been disappointed. The service is second to none.Special Features:
- iji93108VIPDined on 9/24/2014Three decades later Buckhead Diner remans Atlanta's "Fog City Diner", but the quality persists day in and day out. Good for Sunday menu brunch, unpretentious lunch (business or pleasure) and comfortable dinner venue.Special Features:
- Always Love the Buckhead DinerGigiDined on 9/24/2014I can always count on a great meal, good ambiance. While I have my favorites, I try new items as often as I can because I am always happy with the foodSpecial Features:
- food was goodbardoVIPDined on 9/22/2014food was good on this visit, but service could have been much better. we go here often and it can be hit or miss as far as the service, but the food is usually always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little more upscael diner classicLocalDined on 9/22/2014I like this spot. Great location, parking easy, nice looking exterior and cool interior. Good, hearty fare with a nod to foodies. Plenty of calories but that's what I expect from a diner. Professional waiters.Special Features:
- DisappointedbabbaDined on 9/21/2014I specifically made reservations on Sunday to have the fantastic fried chicken,which is available only on Sundays and Wednesdays and was told by the waiter that they had run out of chicken. It is hard for me to believe that a restaurant can run out of a basic item like chicken. It is extremely disappointing.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentHeavenlyJaneDined on 9/21/2014We didn't understand that "priority seating" meant that we were arriving without a reservation. We waited 20 minutes for our table. Thankfully we had no post-dinner engagement awaiting us, but we started dinner annoyed.. We waited at least 15 minutes for the waitress to return to take our order. When the bread arrived we realized we had no tableware. When we pointed it out, we were brought only knives. When the dinner arrived, we again asked for tableware and were brought forks. We never received spoons. My companion's horseradish-crusted Maine cod was delicious but my grilled mahi-mahi (fish of the day) sandwich was a mess to eat and tasted bland. Overall, we walked away thinking that this was a restaurant we would not return to again.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014We finally got our table of 9 and were given two menus. So I had to go back to the hostess stand to as for more menus. We got our appetizers and bread but did not get any plates. When we got the plate they were still wet. We had to ask the waiter twice that we were ready to place our order. Once the food arrived it was fine, but I was very disappointed on the service for the first half of our meal. And no manager ever came by to ask us how everything was.Special Features:
- Good RestaurantDealmakerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Consistently good food and service. The restaurant had a huge surge of customers and the kitchen could not get the entree out fast enough.Special Features:
- great experience!jsrogers76Dined on 9/20/2014Overall, we had a great dining experience. The food selection was pretty good but not great. This is an All-American-type restaurant with your standard dishes. Nothing was special except for the classic diner experience. I had the pork chop with honey BBQ sauce and it was pretty stink in' good. The Maytag blue cheese chips should not be missed... they are one of the unique highlights on the menu. The dessert menu was so-so. Service was above average. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- CattDined on 9/20/2014I was very disappointed overall with how casual this has become. When we arrived, 2 people covered in tattoos and wearing overalls and tube tops came out which took away from my experience. I don't have anything against how people dress or tattoos but when I want to go out to a nice restaurant, that I have dressed up a bit for and am ready to pay $12 for a hamburger, I don't want to be sitting next to someone wearing a college team tshirt and shorts. I guess this location has decided to go downhill and I can only hope the other BL restaurants have not done the same. But given the choice, I would not go back to a BL restaurant. Food was fine; there was a fishy/mildew odor in the air but our server was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than Disappointed.ToddNTiff923Dined on 9/19/2014My wife and I had a BLG gift card and we decided on Buckhead Diner before the Garth Brooks concert. When we walked in, you couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the awful sour odor in the air. At first we thought it was something behind the bar, since that's where we were waiting for our table. But once we were seated, we could still smell it. It just made the overall experience terrible, because that's really all we could think about for the time we were there. Secondly, our server, although he was very friendly, he really was not good. I overheard him at another table say that his area was full and he was so busy. But really...we just wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. On the bright side, the dinner was very good.
- MarshallMarshallDined on 9/17/2014Always enjoy dining here. They some unique items on the menu each time I come.Special Features:
- One of our BLG faves!19balabusta54Dined on 9/16/2014Ordered fresh filet sandwich of the day (Sole-YUMMY). However, I ordered it sauteed and it came out fried! Had to wait for it to be remade. Hubby had pastrami sandwich, I believe; tasty but small for a man's dinner portion and price. Vinegar potato chips were very good also. Always enjoy coming here, can dress more casually and feel more comfortable than at some of the "snootier" BLG restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must itemsLADinerDined on 9/15/2014The two must items on the menu are the chip with blue cheese appetizer and the white chocolate banana cream pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly Upscale Diner FoodATLBANADined on 9/14/2014Good for a casual, simple diner-style meal. I do prefer the food, service, and atmosphere of the other BRG restaurants, but this place is good for less special occasions. Did expect more from all the hype I'd heard about it. Would go back to try some of the other menu items. My son liked his corn dogs and told me he felt like he was eating on a train.Special Features:
- Fun AtmosphereGourmetettesVIPDined on 9/14/2014We brought a relative here who enjoyed the veal meatballs and pasta. We split the BBQ pork spring rolls as an appetizer, which were different and interesting. I enjoyed my salmon on couscous, which was good, but not outstanding. My husband enjoyed his grouper on spinach with an Asian sauce. Our relative ate a huge strawberry shortcake sundae for dessert, and my husband and I split the white chocolate banana cream pie, which was huge. We left full and happy. Our glasses of wine selections were good, except that my husband's riesing was too sweet. He should have asked our wait person about the sweetness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RecoveryLobstahVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food, shrimp and grits and trout were excellent. Service started out very slowly. Drinks did not arrive until we were almost finished with our salads at which time the entrée arrived early. Check was presented before we were asked about dessert which we planned to share one. While we made no comment, the server sensed there were problems, apologized to us offering to comp a dessert. Then the Assistant Manager then came over and again apologized confirming he was picking up a dessert for each of us. They did an outstanding job of sensing there was an issue and correcting it without our needing to mention anything. And we had enough dessert left to take home for the next day.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Just OK - service was great but food was just OK. Blue cheese chips are just OK - crab cake was a more bready and only one for the order. The calamari was good - waiter should have recommended chips or calamari but not both.
- Fun placeCherylVIPDined on 9/11/2014The soft shell crab was wonderful. I hope they have it as a special the next time I go to the Buckhead Diner.
- skinnyDined on 9/11/2014Great food, good prices for quantity of food, good service.Special Features:
- ConsistentcdgproDined on 9/10/2014I live just around the corner from the Diner. Always easy, friendly, good food, good service.Special Features:
- buckhead diner always goodbardoVIPDined on 9/7/2014We always have good food here and this time was no exception. However, the service was a little scattered and servers were rushing around and not too good at listening or getting the right things to the table and we had to ask more than once for our tea. Ordered sweet tea and received unsweet and tried to flag down someone to help us, but to no avail. Finally we got someone's attention but then we waited until after the meal was served for the tea to arrive. it's a small thing but we do expect better from a bulkhead life restaurant.Special Features:
- lisaDined on 9/7/2014WE WAITED AT THE BAR FOR OVER 10 MINUTES ,AND WATCHED THEM SEAT OTHER GROUPS. I THEN ASKED THE HOSTESS ABOUT A TABLE, AND SHE FINALLY SAT US. I FILL THEAT THE CALL AHEAD WAS NOT THAT MEANINGFUL.
- Buckhead DinerBillDined on 9/6/2014This was a great evening for our friends and my wife and me. The service was great and the food was excellent. It had been a long time since my wife and I had been there and it was the first time for our friends. They made it a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fooddgm995Dined on 9/6/2014I've been to this place a dozen times. The food is alway well-prepared. Service can be slow to start if you come in around their shift start at 5:00-5:30PM. But, once it starts they do a good job.Special Features:
- Wonderful everythingBananacreampieDined on 9/5/2014The service was great, the food was amazing, the atmosphere was fun, and it was kid friendly. The desserts were out of the world.Special Features:
- OverpricedAgrobVIPDined on 9/5/2014More expensive and not as good as sister restaurant Bistro Nikko. I really dislike ordering a soda on a hot day and getting those little 8 oz Coke bottles.
- No ordinary diner!JulimpDined on 9/4/2014Classy in a unique way, Buckhead Diner should be on your list of dining experiences in Atlanta! The atmosphere easily transports you to another era with a feel of an old dining car. White table cloths and comfy booths. Sequins and jeans. Go for the delicious crab cakes and enjoy the best service in Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mid-week datedineoutcoupleDined on 9/4/2014Great food, fun surroundings...and a terrific waiter. The filet and scallop dish was perfectly prepared; blue plate special of the day.Special Features:
- Excellent Nicoise SaladATLBusinessWomanVIPDined on 9/3/2014I was very happy with my nicoise salad, that was presented in a unique and non-traditional way.Special Features:
- Usually greatDSNahaiDined on 9/1/2014We go to th Buckhead diner often and usually have a great experience. This was an off night for them. The manager was generous enough to recognize this and comped our meal. We did not expect that. We will surely continue to frequent this very good and friendly restaurant.