Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
3073 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/buckhead-diner/
- Phone: 4042623336x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Charles Schwab
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating
Buckhead Diner is an American dining experience unlike any other. Inventive and long-time favorite menu items, snappy service, upscale atmosphere and retro style give this Atlanta icon a funky flair all its own. The fun menu and energy-packed atmosphere give guests a taste of nostalgia that’s always in style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buckhead Diner - Priority Seating reviews from OpenTable diners
409 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (167)great for lunch (153)fit for foodies (151)special occasion (115)great for brunch (103)good for groups (84)kid-friendly (75)hot spot (69)late-night find (43)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (21)romantic (20)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Big disappointmentHeavenlyJaneDined on 9/21/2014We didn't understand that "priority seating" meant that we were arriving without a reservation. We waited 20 minutes for our table. Thankfully we had no post-dinner engagement awaiting us, but we started dinner annoyed.. We waited at least 15 minutes for the waitress to return to take our order. When the bread arrived we realized we had no tableware. When we pointed it out, we were brought only knives. When the dinner arrived, we again asked for tableware and were brought forks. We never received spoons. My companion's horseradish-crusted Maine cod was delicious but my grilled mahi-mahi (fish of the day) sandwich was a mess to eat and tasted bland. Overall, we walked away thinking that this was a restaurant we would not return to again.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014We finally got our table of 9 and were given two menus. So I had to go back to the hostess stand to as for more menus. We got our appetizers and bread but did not get any plates. When we got the plate they were still wet. We had to ask the waiter twice that we were ready to place our order. Once the food arrived it was fine, but I was very disappointed on the service for the first half of our meal. And no manager ever came by to ask us how everything was.Special Features:
- Good RestaurantDealmakerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Consistently good food and service. The restaurant had a huge surge of customers and the kitchen could not get the entree out fast enough.Special Features:
- great experience!jsrogers76Dined on 9/20/2014Overall, we had a great dining experience. The food selection was pretty good but not great. This is an All-American-type restaurant with your standard dishes. Nothing was special except for the classic diner experience. I had the pork chop with honey BBQ sauce and it was pretty stink in' good. The Maytag blue cheese chips should not be missed... they are one of the unique highlights on the menu. The dessert menu was so-so. Service was above average. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/20/2014I was very disappointed overall with how casual this has become. When we arrived, 2 people covered in tattoos and wearing overalls and tube tops came out which took away from my experience. I don't have anything against how people dress or tattoos but when I want to go out to a nice restaurant, that I have dressed up a bit for and am ready to pay $12 for a hamburger, I don't want to be sitting next to someone wearing a college team tshirt and shorts. I guess this location has decided to go downhill and I can only hope the other BL restaurants have not done the same. But given the choice, I would not go back to a BL restaurant. Food was fine; there was a fishy/mildew odor in the air but our server was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarshallMarshallDined on 9/17/2014Always enjoy dining here. They some unique items on the menu each time I come.Special Features:
- One of our BLG faves!19balabusta54Dined on 9/16/2014Ordered fresh filet sandwich of the day (Sole-YUMMY). However, I ordered it sauteed and it came out fried! Had to wait for it to be remade. Hubby had pastrami sandwich, I believe; tasty but small for a man's dinner portion and price. Vinegar potato chips were very good also. Always enjoy coming here, can dress more casually and feel more comfortable than at some of the "snootier" BLG restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must itemsLADinerDined on 9/15/2014The two must items on the menu are the chip with blue cheese appetizer and the white chocolate banana cream pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly Upscale Diner FoodATLBANADined on 9/14/2014Good for a casual, simple diner-style meal. I do prefer the food, service, and atmosphere of the other BRG restaurants, but this place is good for less special occasions. Did expect more from all the hype I'd heard about it. Would go back to try some of the other menu items. My son liked his corn dogs and told me he felt like he was eating on a train.Special Features:
- Fun AtmosphereGourmetettesVIPDined on 9/14/2014We brought a relative here who enjoyed the veal meatballs and pasta. We split the BBQ pork spring rolls as an appetizer, which were different and interesting. I enjoyed my salmon on couscous, which was good, but not outstanding. My husband enjoyed his grouper on spinach with an Asian sauce. Our relative ate a huge strawberry shortcake sundae for dessert, and my husband and I split the white chocolate banana cream pie, which was huge. We left full and happy. Our glasses of wine selections were good, except that my husband's riesing was too sweet. He should have asked our wait person about the sweetness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RecoveryLobstahVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food, shrimp and grits and trout were excellent. Service started out very slowly. Drinks did not arrive until we were almost finished with our salads at which time the entrée arrived early. Check was presented before we were asked about dessert which we planned to share one. While we made no comment, the server sensed there were problems, apologized to us offering to comp a dessert. Then the Assistant Manager then came over and again apologized confirming he was picking up a dessert for each of us. They did an outstanding job of sensing there was an issue and correcting it without our needing to mention anything. And we had enough dessert left to take home for the next day.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Just OK - service was great but food was just OK. Blue cheese chips are just OK - crab cake was a more bready and only one for the order. The calamari was good - waiter should have recommended chips or calamari but not both.
- Fun placeCherylVIPDined on 9/11/2014The soft shell crab was wonderful. I hope they have it as a special the next time I go to the Buckhead Diner.
- skinnyDined on 9/11/2014Great food, good prices for quantity of food, good service.Special Features:
- ConsistentcdgproDined on 9/10/2014I live just around the corner from the Diner. Always easy, friendly, good food, good service.Special Features:
- buckhead diner always goodbardoVIPDined on 9/7/2014We always have good food here and this time was no exception. However, the service was a little scattered and servers were rushing around and not too good at listening or getting the right things to the table and we had to ask more than once for our tea. Ordered sweet tea and received unsweet and tried to flag down someone to help us, but to no avail. Finally we got someone's attention but then we waited until after the meal was served for the tea to arrive. it's a small thing but we do expect better from a bulkhead life restaurant.Special Features:
- lisaDined on 9/7/2014WE WAITED AT THE BAR FOR OVER 10 MINUTES ,AND WATCHED THEM SEAT OTHER GROUPS. I THEN ASKED THE HOSTESS ABOUT A TABLE, AND SHE FINALLY SAT US. I FILL THEAT THE CALL AHEAD WAS NOT THAT MEANINGFUL.
- Buckhead DinerBillDined on 9/6/2014This was a great evening for our friends and my wife and me. The service was great and the food was excellent. It had been a long time since my wife and I had been there and it was the first time for our friends. They made it a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fooddgm995Dined on 9/6/2014I've been to this place a dozen times. The food is alway well-prepared. Service can be slow to start if you come in around their shift start at 5:00-5:30PM. But, once it starts they do a good job.Special Features:
- Wonderful everythingBananacreampieDined on 9/5/2014The service was great, the food was amazing, the atmosphere was fun, and it was kid friendly. The desserts were out of the world.Special Features:
- OverpricedAgrobVIPDined on 9/5/2014More expensive and not as good as sister restaurant Bistro Nikko. I really dislike ordering a soda on a hot day and getting those little 8 oz Coke bottles.
- No ordinary diner!JulimpDined on 9/4/2014Classy in a unique way, Buckhead Diner should be on your list of dining experiences in Atlanta! The atmosphere easily transports you to another era with a feel of an old dining car. White table cloths and comfy booths. Sequins and jeans. Go for the delicious crab cakes and enjoy the best service in Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mid-week datedineoutcoupleDined on 9/4/2014Great food, fun surroundings...and a terrific waiter. The filet and scallop dish was perfectly prepared; blue plate special of the day.Special Features:
- Excellent Nicoise SaladATLBusinessWomanVIPDined on 9/3/2014I was very happy with my nicoise salad, that was presented in a unique and non-traditional way.Special Features:
- Usually greatDSNahaiDined on 9/1/2014We go to th Buckhead diner often and usually have a great experience. This was an off night for them. The manager was generous enough to recognize this and comped our meal. We did not expect that. We will surely continue to frequent this very good and friendly restaurant.
- Great Food and ServiceTwostepstevieVIPDined on 9/1/2014Delicious meal with excellent service. Handled gluten food allergy options well. Amazingly, still great even after so many years in business. They are doing things right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShesheDined on 9/1/2014I have eaten there many times but we planned to have brunch and they did not offer brunch. On the computer they offered a brunch menu found out it is only available on Sunday so my guests were dissappointed. We did have the great blue cheese chips but the rests of the food was not up to par that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, ok foodfoodlovin2Dined on 8/31/2014We love the Buckhead life restaurants and we're surprised that Buckhead diners food was not at the level of the other restaurants. The mac n cheese tots were not cheese enough so it was more like eating fried macaroni. The Lima beans we were up charged for were bland and tasteless. The strawberry shortcake was good, the fish was Asian style and we'll prepared but too salty. Hoping it was just an off night for them.Special Features:
- Awesome!YummyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Loved the food and the ambiance! Our waiter was exceptional and the food was definitely above our expectations. Our only complaint was that we wanted one of everything on the menu! We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Anytime I travel to Atlanta I always make reservations to eat at the Buckhead diner. And love is not a strong enough word for the white chocolate banana cream pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the try.AshleyGHVIPDined on 8/29/2014It was worth trying, food was not terrible but not overly impressed. I will say the dessert was the best choice. Great after late night drinking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was good, service was fine, although the menu seems to be getting tired and perhaps needs a bit of a revamp as the choices are limited and predictable.Special Features:
- Buckhead DinerRollTideRollDined on 8/29/2014Food is always very good. We had our 3yr old with us and they treated her well from reception to departure. We also needed a cab and they called ahead and allowed us to remain seated at our table until it arrived. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Bestfsi4122Dined on 8/28/2014Great shrimp tacos to start. Enough variety to satisfy any level of hunger. This and more, having the very pleasant and capable server, Jennifer, was the finishing touch. We have this same positive experience at every visit. Very fond of Buckhead Diner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xxxxDined on 8/27/2014The west side of the dinning room, seated by the window was extremely warm with glares from the sun. Entrée was brought shortly after salads and had to be sent back to keep warm while we ate our salads. Bad pacing of food delivery. Food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beModerndayanachronismDined on 8/26/2014I took my mother there for her birthday. We had a party of 4. Service was sub par. When we got our appetizers they didn't bring the side plates(took 5 min). They didn't clear our appetizers till we were done with the main meal so we got to stare at remaining bits the whole time. Had to flag the waitress down to get our water refilled. Food was great.Special Features:
- Another Great Experience0624flipDined on 8/25/2014Buckhead Diner is one of my favorite eateries, mainly because of the atmosphere and the food. The service is always great. I recently started having a drink at the bar before dining, and the apple martinis are superb! I am sensitive to gluten, and the restaurant menu accommodated my needs. This was another great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre experienceBBanksDined on 8/24/2014When I eat at a Buckhead Life Group restaurant, I expect to pay more for great food and great service. Buckhead Diner missed the mark on Sunday night. We had a very unfriendly server who did not bother to tell us her name, offer any specials, etc. I felt like my husband and I were inconveniencing her when we asked her for anything. I felt very rushed the whole time we were there. We ordered around 7:30 and they were already out of the Sunday fried chicken- our server did not offer any recommendations or seem apologetic that they were out of my order. I ended up just getting a small salad instead, which was very good. As usual, the food at Buckhead Diner was good, but overall our experience just wasn't great.
- Son's birthdayericDined on 8/24/2014Took our son for his birthday, expecting a quite Sunday night dinner. The Diner was hoping! Our server was very attentive, and always friendly. We enjoyed our meals, and they didn't rush us out even though there was a wait, and we lingered a bit for the birthday celebration. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisyNoots324Dined on 8/22/2014It was really noisy but the food was good. Also, not sure why you make reservations. We were seated about 30 minutes after our reservation time.Special Features: