3741 Brookside Road
Macungie, PA 18062Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckeyetavern.com/
- Phone: 6109664411
- Hours of Operation:
The Buckeye Tavern opens at 11 am Everyday!
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar: Open late every night!
The Deck is Open in Summer! Voted Best Outdoor Dinning 4 years in a row!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Neil Leidheiser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Perfect for your next function seating from 1-100. Parties at Buckeye Tavern Rooms Appetizers Cold Lunch Buffet Hot Lunch Buffet Buckeye Buffet Brunch You will find that The Buckeye Tavern is perfect for many special events: business lunches retirement parties private corporate banquets baby showers buffets bridal showers birthdays holiday parties rehearsal dinners Not only do we pride ourselves with offering excellent service, but you will find our atmosphere and food to be equally as pleasing. Look forward to seeing you soon!!
- Private Party Facilities: More than anything else food has the power to make or break your event....That's why people turn to the Buckeye Tavern to host their event! From weddings & formal events to business luncheons & holiday parties our unique atmosphere takes your party to the next level of being special. On or off premise we will deliver impeccable service & exquisite food. Our approach is simple...You tell us what you want & we make it happen, so don't leave your party to chance !!
- Private Party Contact: Terry Bender 6109664411
- Entertainment: Check out www.buckeyetavern.com for our upcoming events! Live music ....Wine tasting ...Exciting promotions...It's where you go!
- Special Events: Sunday: Kids eat free Monday: PA Dutch Night Tuesday: Wing Night Voted Best Wings in the Valley! Wednesday: Mexican Night Thursday: BBQ Night AWARDS Voted best of the macungie Resturants! Voted best wings! Talk of town winner! Open table winner! Readers choice award! Happy Hour 4-6 Monday-Friday
A word from Buckeye Tavern
GREAT FOOD & DRINK GREAT ATMOSPHERE & FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY Since 1735, this location in Macungie has been a local landmark, serving the finest in tavern food & libations to several generations of regular patrons & visiting guests. Opened as an inn & hotel in 1735, operating through the late 1800s as the East Macungie Hotel & later as The Load of Mischief, the property has long been in the business of serving customers with their own unique local style – a blend of true hospitality & fine food. A visit to the Buckeye today offers a glimpse into the past of this area of Pennsylvania & life at the “local roadhouse.” Pay attention to the pieces of the past that are on display throughout the restaurant that honor the history of the building. Join us as we offer the finest food, perfectly prepared & served with style. We look forward to having you as our guests. It's where you go! You will find that The Buckeye Tavern is perfect for many special events: See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Buckeye Tavern - Best Restaurants in Macungie ›
Buckeye Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (23)special occasion (18)good for groups (17)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (11)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Good FoodTime2EatDined on 9/27/2014First time eating at Buckeye. Steak meal was really good! Service was also good. Will definitely return to taste more of their food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, except for those scallions!RollloverDined on 9/26/2014We ate on the deck and had a terrific dinner on a beautiful evening outside. We ordered the Tavern Fries, which did not specify scallions, but came out with them all over the top of the cheese on top of the fries and partly melted in. The server said they are added as a 'garnish', but they were strong smelling and tasting and the entire top of the dish was covered in them. She graciously took them back and brought us new fries.Special Features:
- Exceptional foodAOCSRetiredDined on 9/21/2014The Buckeye was awesome, wish t I had one like this closer to my home, was recommended to me by my daughter. Food was exceptional, prices were reasonable and service was very good. Would recommend it to any of my friends who were traveling into the Allentown area.Special Features:
- datenightDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I wanted to celebrate our 15th anniversary at a nice, quiet restaurant. The food was excellent. I'm not a seafood eater, but I found myself taking a second forkful of my husband's crab cake. It seemed like there was a lot of seafood on the menu, which kind of made it challenging for me to pick out an entree. But the place inside is incredible and having reservations was great. The noise level was a bit too loud and we were placed at a table where all we saw were men using the restroom (big distraction). It's definitely a place for group or cooperate gatherings, but not necessarily for a romantic dinner with music.Special Features:
- A regular dining place for usAnonymousVIPDined on 9/19/2014Good variety of menu items and daily specials. Service is always friendly and attentive. Love the old historic building. If only those walls could talk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its just so-soDinner4tooDined on 9/6/2014When the Buckeye Tavern is busy expect food to be so-so. This was the third time we had dinner here. The lobster (flavored) bisque was served less than warm. Sent it back & it came back to the table piping hot. The combination seafood dinner had lots of paprica as its only detectable flavoring.Special Features:
- Country GemReservationspleaseDined on 8/23/2014We arrived early for our reservation and they accommodated us with a friendly smile. Friendly atmosphere, good food, excellent service Great bartender. I ordered a drink with special instructions and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot!TheKidBigKipDined on 8/16/2014I've been to the Buckeye Tavern multiples times throughout my years in the are but had never set upstairs. A nice, neat arraignment as opposed to a bit darker downstairs. Food was great! Absolutely reccomend the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time on the deckbback2uDined on 8/15/2014Loved the convenience of making reservations on line with special requests, and worked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Salad was very poor. Chic dip was pre made and just re heated for app BBQ Thursday. Sad! You can tell nothing is made fresh to orderSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood Tavern67foodieVIPDined on 7/10/2014Sat out on the deck which was great. Wouldn't characterize it as a fine dining experience, but more akin to your Applebee's-around-the-corner type restaurant, with pub grub along with some some nicer and healthier entrees. One of us had the brisket, which was reportedly excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular spotCherVIPDined on 7/2/2014This is a popular spot for good reason. The food is consistently good. The prices are good. Large menu to chose from with great specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and viewsBillDined on 6/27/2014We had a reservation for 7. Table was ready on arrival. Waitress served drinks and appetizers on our arrival. Food and service were great and the views too were great. We were on second floor.Special Features:
- Buckeye TavernBdaygirlDined on 6/20/2014Large menu selection and good food. Reasonable prices.Special Features:
- NicemendockjVIPDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I were in the area and found this restraint on opentable. it was a wonderful find. the food was good. the atmosphere was nice. we definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Want a Reuben? Find a DeliOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We visited The Buckeye on Fathers Day. reservations for 1pm. Seated somewhat promptly. Sat on the second floor near the deck. Nice air from outside. Took forever to get my beer. Thankfully my dad got his beverage right away. The food was par. Just OK. The wings were the best thing about the lunch. My salad was weak; the lettuce was all iceberg-no flavor in the greens. My friends Reuben was not good. I wondered why he ordered it actually. My dads burger was good, looked to be a respectable size. He liked it, that's what mattered most. I may be back there for wings an beer however, that's about all. Our server was pleasant but very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ronk5Dined on 6/12/2014Great food and service considering they were very busy when we got there. Would definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Once again, everything was great. I enjoyed everything about our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersMeleDined on 6/3/2014First time at the Buckeye Tavern & we all enjoyed it. Our waiter was attentive, the food was hot & very good especially our desserts of apple crisp & funnel cake fries!!! OMG! The only negative thing was that the A/C was too high & we were so cold! We will definitely go back but will bring sweaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 261 reviews are from the Buckeye Tavern reviews archive.
- FelixDined on 6/1/2014Great place to get a good meal, good service and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing BirthdayBirthdayDinerDined on 5/20/2014I made a reservation for a birthday. After our order was taken, we received our soups, all good. After, every table around us was served their main, one table had paid and left. An hour into being there our waitress came over and said the food would be out shortly. Finally an hour and 15 min. after we got there our mains arrived, but my grandmother was told hers would be out in another 5 min. We ordered a chx salad and 2 prime rib specials. The meat for all 3 meals was COLD. We sent them back. They came back out 10 min later (w/ my grandmothers food that was promised in 5 minutes), the prime rib was barely warm. Sent it back. Finally the last time it came out warm.. the meal took over 2 hours and was a disappointing way to spend a birthday.
- Sad Mother's DayKkristine831Dined on 5/11/2014Our experience started off with the older lady who met us at the door. She was the "stay out of the restaurant" police, who made everyone in line NOT feel welcome, she seemed frazzled did not speak nicely to anyone. The wait wasn't long with our reservation and we were seated. We did have a decent waitress. Although she never cam back to ask if we needed refills on beverages, she was an average and nice waitress. The food was awful. That is probably an overstatement. Everything was cold and overcooked and poor quality. The only thing from the entire buffet that actually was edible was the green beans. They taste ok cold. Lol. It takes number one for worst moms day brunches around. We will not be back.
- Buckeye, Got to love itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2014Easily the best ambiance anywhere. The food is great, staff is friendly. Nothing not to like. One of my family's favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2014we went there for my future mother in laws Birthday....They like simple foods, she ordered the pot roast and loved it. I ordered the filet...it was chewy that I had to spit it in my napkin....filets should not be chewy. Waitress was frisky and fun...but didn't know how to turn it off got to me a little too much, she was starting to get on my nerves. Not sure I will be back because of the waitress and than the food was just ok
- Easter BrunchmayoDined on 4/20/2014Took my family and in-laws. We're familiar with Lancaster County buffets; this was not on that grand scale. The food was very good with a decent variety given the small space allotted/available. The dessert selection was excellent and everything we had was delicious. The employees were very organized and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, once you get a tablePhilDined on 4/19/2014Made easy reservation on line for busy Saturday night. Still had to wait about 30 min. Once seated, server prompt, very helpful. Food arrived promptly and was delicious: blue cheese chips, salmon, blackened chicken alfredo all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemJuJuDined on 4/13/2014Perfect place to gather with friends for great pub food.Special Features:
- Warm, comfortable settingfriendsDined on 3/31/2014Warm, comfortable setting with a friendly staff & good food at a reasonable price. Always a great place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Cold foodDaveDined on 3/29/2014Potatoes and veggies cold. Steak was overdone. They did take 5 off bill for inconvienoence
- Extensive menuDanoDined on 3/29/2014French onion soup is delicious as were the fajitas and lobster ravioli. I have never disappointed. Service was a little slow b/c of several large groups in the upstairs room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood RestaurantGaryMDined on 3/28/2014The Buckeye has an extensive menu with moderate prices, good quality food and good service. The larger rooms can get noisy and feel crowded at times, but well worth a visit for a relaxed lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Noise Level pretty highJustmeDined on 3/27/2014Good food, very pleasant service but the room was distractingly loud for me. Not a place I would return for a quiet dinner. I have dined at this establishment previously around holiday time and although loud it seemed to fit a festive season. Just too noisy for a mid-week "I need to relax with a friend" kind of gathering place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotDrDonTDined on 3/23/2014As always, we got fantastic service and excellent food, cooked to order. Huge list of selections to choose from, large portions and everything we've ever had has been very good. Seating near the bar can get a bit noisy if the bar is crowded, and near the fireplaces can get pretty warm when there are fires in them, but there are plenty of seating options.Special Features:
- Horrid ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014I love coming to the Buckeye but when I came this weekend with my sig. other and two good friends (who have never been there before) I was left with a bad taste in my mouth. Our server was absolutely awful. Service was slow, she made multiple mistakes and then split our check incorrect AND swiped the wrong card for the wrong checks. I have never experienced such a thing. It's a shame because I have raved for so long about the Buckeye and received mediocre service when I finally got my friends to try it out. The food was very good but everything else left us not really wanting to return for quite some time.Special Features:
- small, country pub-like treatDrDonTDined on 3/2/2014Always a great choice for good food and friendly service. Cozy environment with a wide range of food choices, always well prepared, and they're always willing to do special request orders. We've eaten here too many times to count and have always come away well satisfied. Weekends can be a bit crowded and noisy, reservations are a best bet, but even then there may be a bit of a wait for a table, but always worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just awesomeWadsworthVIPDined on 3/1/2014Everything wad just perfect. Great food, waitress, and atmosphere. Can't wait to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014First time experience, enjoyed it, would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Great fun - something for everyone!Debmom2Dined on 2/22/2014We took the whole family for a birthday celebration. The menu offered something for everyone. The steaks were ordinary, but the Wings, pasta dishes and salads we ordered were terrific! Service was excellent, but we were toldwe'd have to be out in 2 hours. Ordinarily I wouldn't have minded, but it was a special occasion that I notified them about when we booked. Nevertheless, the ambience was great - a real historic tavern! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great placeMomOf3Dined on 2/11/2014I choose to eat here for almost every special occasion! I love the food and enjoy how quaint this establishment is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2014Cozy and charming, with healthy foods to choose from in addition to fun foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.