3741 Brookside Road
Macungie, PA 18062Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckeyetavern.com/
- Phone: (610) 966-4411
- Hours of Operation:
The Buckeye Tavern opens at 11 am Everyday!
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar: Open late every night!
The Deck is Open in Summer! Voted Best Outdoor Dinning 4 years in a row!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Neil Leidheiser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Perfect for your next function seating from 1-100. Parties at Buckeye Tavern Rooms Appetizers Cold Lunch Buffet Hot Lunch Buffet Buckeye Buffet Brunch You will find that The Buckeye Tavern is perfect for many special events: business lunches retirement parties private corporate banquets baby showers buffets bridal showers birthdays holiday parties rehearsal dinners Not only do we pride ourselves with offering excellent service, but you will find our atmosphere and food to be equally as pleasing. Look forward to seeing you soon!!
- Private Party Facilities: More than anything else food has the power to make or break your event....That's why people turn to the Buckeye Tavern to host their event! From weddings & formal events to business luncheons & holiday parties our unique atmosphere takes your party to the next level of being special. On or off premise we will deliver impeccable service & exquisite food. Our approach is simple...You tell us what you want & we make it happen, so don't leave your party to chance !!
- Private Party Contact: Terry Bender 6109664411
- Entertainment: Check out www.buckeyetavern.com for our upcoming events! Live music ....Wine tasting ...Exciting promotions...It's where you go!
- Special Events: Sunday: Kids eat free Monday: PA Dutch Night Tuesday: Wing Night Voted Best Wings in the Valley! Wednesday: Mexican Night Thursday: BBQ Night AWARDS Voted best of the macungie Resturants! Voted best wings! Talk of town winner! Open table winner! Readers choice award! Happy Hour 4-6 Monday-Friday
A word from Buckeye Tavern
GREAT FOOD & DRINK GREAT ATMOSPHERE & FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY Since 1735, this location in Macungie has been a local landmark, serving the finest in tavern food & libations to several generations of regular patrons & visiting guests. Opened as an inn & hotel in 1735, operating through the late 1800s as the East Macungie Hotel & later as The Load of Mischief, the property has long been in the business of serving customers with their own unique local style – a blend of true hospitality & fine food. A visit to the Buckeye today offers a glimpse into the past of this area of Pennsylvania & life at the “local roadhouse.” Pay attention to the pieces of the past that are on display throughout the restaurant that honor the history of the building. Join us as we offer the finest food, perfectly prepared & served with style. We look forward to having you as our guests. It's where you go! You will find that The Buckeye Tavern is perfect for many special events: See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buckeye Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (19)great for lunch (15)special occasion (14)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)romantic (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- great food,prices and atmosphereLIdineDined on 11/21/2014Went there on recommendation of locals. I enjoyed everything about this restaurant. Will definitely go again when I go back to visit family in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Busy, Long Wait, worth itAlexsoroDined on 11/1/2014Even though the restaurant probably shouldn't have been taking open table reservations as they were too busy that night (over 30 minute wait from reservation time), food was great, service was great, people were great. Left PA a few years ago and was happy this place was just as good as I remembered it!Special Features:
- McUngitesDined on 11/1/2014Buckeye Tavern is always a sure thing. It is our go-to place because of the variety of menu selections, the food is good, the service is great, and we love the casual atmosphere. We have lived in the area all our lives and love that the Buckeye has been there with us. We recently took our out-of-state friends there for dinner, and they enjoyed their meal and agreed that it was a fantastic place to drink and dine. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We came here to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. I asked for a quiet table or upstairs , instead we were places at a table for two against the stairway railing in between two big parties with servers and guest very loud and in and out . Our waitress came, took our order, never asked me how I would like my steak. We never got out salads or rolls. My husband got prime rib and when it came out the server looked at me and said "oh are you sharing, did you want an extra plate?", I said no I ordered my own dinner. The waitress never put my order in, so after waiting 45 minutes for my husbands dinner, we waiting an additional half our for mine. She didnt even offer to take the app or drinks off the check. Food was amazing once we got itSpecial Features:
- Usually good, not this timeRollloverDined on 10/30/2014Got a new menu item, the Chicago roast beef sandwich. the roast beef was tough and I just couldn't eat it.
- Great dinner!skippyDined on 10/30/2014My husband and I live within 5 minutes of The Buckeye and stopped in for dinner. I had the broiled crabcake dinner (D-LISH) and my husband had the Macungie post roast dinner. I had a sample of the meat and it was tender and very tasty. Next time I plan to eat a lighter dinner and have a dessert!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent service. The brisket sliders are terrific. I wasn't as impressed with ribs which seemed a little dry. Very filling meal. A good value.
- Reservation meaningles; LOUD placePinotNoirFanVIPDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I Reserved a table at BT, but still had to wait 20 minutes (just like the people that walked in ahead of us w-out a reservation). When I asked about this, they said the reason was we made our reservation on line (on OpenTable) and not on the phone. The hostess further explained that this is a frequent problem because they forget to mark the OpenTable system that tables are nt available because they get so busy. No apology offered, just a "that's the way it is because we are so busy." Between this, the ridiculously loud (and obviously intoxicated) large group at the table next to us and the food which I will only describe as typically pedestrian PA Dutchy fare, it will be a long time before we return
- Always a Good BetjerseyboyDined on 10/23/2014I have eaten here many times over the life of this restaurant and have never been disappointed. The food is always great and I enjoy the ambiance. It can get a bit noisy at times and I highly recommend reservations as they get quite a crowd!Special Features:
- YummyMooseLoverDined on 10/14/2014This isn't the first time we have dined here and it won't be the last. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. If there is something you don't see on the menu that you would like, they make sure you get it the way you like it. We can't say enough this restaurant!!! YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimHappyDined on 10/11/2014This was our third time at the Buckeye Tavern and we had another top notch meal. Everything was great. We were a bit early for our reservation but were seated right away. They were already busy (6:00) and our server (Stacy) had several tables but took care of everybody with ease. The wing app. was very good with meaty wings and good sauce. The main course was fantastic in presentation, quality and quantity. I can't wait until next year, we'll be back!Special Features:
- very pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We have been at The Buckeye nany times. We took our friends who have never been....we will definitely all return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funnel Cake Fries!!!ShawmuttDined on 9/27/2014We ate so much here, and it was all good. The highlight by far was the funnel cake fries. Whoever decided to put these on the menu picked a winner!Special Features:
- Good FoodTime2EatDined on 9/27/2014First time eating at Buckeye. Steak meal was really good! Service was also good. Will definitely return to taste more of their food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, except for those scallions!RollloverDined on 9/26/2014We ate on the deck and had a terrific dinner on a beautiful evening outside. We ordered the Tavern Fries, which did not specify scallions, but came out with them all over the top of the cheese on top of the fries and partly melted in. The server said they are added as a 'garnish', but they were strong smelling and tasting and the entire top of the dish was covered in them. She graciously took them back and brought us new fries.Special Features:
- Exceptional foodAOCSRetiredDined on 9/21/2014The Buckeye was awesome, wish t I had one like this closer to my home, was recommended to me by my daughter. Food was exceptional, prices were reasonable and service was very good. Would recommend it to any of my friends who were traveling into the Allentown area.Special Features:
- datenightDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I wanted to celebrate our 15th anniversary at a nice, quiet restaurant. The food was excellent. I'm not a seafood eater, but I found myself taking a second forkful of my husband's crab cake. It seemed like there was a lot of seafood on the menu, which kind of made it challenging for me to pick out an entree. But the place inside is incredible and having reservations was great. The noise level was a bit too loud and we were placed at a table where all we saw were men using the restroom (big distraction). It's definitely a place for group or cooperate gatherings, but not necessarily for a romantic dinner with music.Special Features:
- A regular dining place for usAnonymousVIPDined on 9/19/2014Good variety of menu items and daily specials. Service is always friendly and attentive. Love the old historic building. If only those walls could talk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its just so-soDinner4tooDined on 9/6/2014When the Buckeye Tavern is busy expect food to be so-so. This was the third time we had dinner here. The lobster (flavored) bisque was served less than warm. Sent it back & it came back to the table piping hot. The combination seafood dinner had lots of paprica as its only detectable flavoring.Special Features:
- Country GemReservationspleaseDined on 8/23/2014We arrived early for our reservation and they accommodated us with a friendly smile. Friendly atmosphere, good food, excellent service Great bartender. I ordered a drink with special instructions and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot!TheKidBigKipDined on 8/16/2014I've been to the Buckeye Tavern multiples times throughout my years in the are but had never set upstairs. A nice, neat arraignment as opposed to a bit darker downstairs. Food was great! Absolutely reccomend the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time on the deckbback2uDined on 8/15/2014Loved the convenience of making reservations on line with special requests, and worked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Salad was very poor. Chic dip was pre made and just re heated for app BBQ Thursday. Sad! You can tell nothing is made fresh to orderSpecial Features:
- The following 270 reviews are from the Buckeye Tavern reviews archive.
- Neighborhood Tavern67foodieVIPDined on 7/10/2014Sat out on the deck which was great. Wouldn't characterize it as a fine dining experience, but more akin to your Applebee's-around-the-corner type restaurant, with pub grub along with some some nicer and healthier entrees. One of us had the brisket, which was reportedly excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular spotCherVIPDined on 7/2/2014This is a popular spot for good reason. The food is consistently good. The prices are good. Large menu to chose from with great specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and viewsBillDined on 6/27/2014We had a reservation for 7. Table was ready on arrival. Waitress served drinks and appetizers on our arrival. Food and service were great and the views too were great. We were on second floor.Special Features:
- Buckeye TavernBdaygirlDined on 6/20/2014Large menu selection and good food. Reasonable prices.Special Features:
- NicemendockjVIPDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I were in the area and found this restraint on opentable. it was a wonderful find. the food was good. the atmosphere was nice. we definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Want a Reuben? Find a DeliOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We visited The Buckeye on Fathers Day. reservations for 1pm. Seated somewhat promptly. Sat on the second floor near the deck. Nice air from outside. Took forever to get my beer. Thankfully my dad got his beverage right away. The food was par. Just OK. The wings were the best thing about the lunch. My salad was weak; the lettuce was all iceberg-no flavor in the greens. My friends Reuben was not good. I wondered why he ordered it actually. My dads burger was good, looked to be a respectable size. He liked it, that's what mattered most. I may be back there for wings an beer however, that's about all. Our server was pleasant but very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ronk5Dined on 6/12/2014Great food and service considering they were very busy when we got there. Would definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Once again, everything was great. I enjoyed everything about our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersMeleDined on 6/3/2014First time at the Buckeye Tavern & we all enjoyed it. Our waiter was attentive, the food was hot & very good especially our desserts of apple crisp & funnel cake fries!!! OMG! The only negative thing was that the A/C was too high & we were so cold! We will definitely go back but will bring sweaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FelixDined on 6/1/2014Great place to get a good meal, good service and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing BirthdayBirthdayDinerDined on 5/20/2014I made a reservation for a birthday. After our order was taken, we received our soups, all good. After, every table around us was served their main, one table had paid and left. An hour into being there our waitress came over and said the food would be out shortly. Finally an hour and 15 min. after we got there our mains arrived, but my grandmother was told hers would be out in another 5 min. We ordered a chx salad and 2 prime rib specials. The meat for all 3 meals was COLD. We sent them back. They came back out 10 min later (w/ my grandmothers food that was promised in 5 minutes), the prime rib was barely warm. Sent it back. Finally the last time it came out warm.. the meal took over 2 hours and was a disappointing way to spend a birthday.
- Sad Mother's DayKkristine831Dined on 5/11/2014Our experience started off with the older lady who met us at the door. She was the "stay out of the restaurant" police, who made everyone in line NOT feel welcome, she seemed frazzled did not speak nicely to anyone. The wait wasn't long with our reservation and we were seated. We did have a decent waitress. Although she never cam back to ask if we needed refills on beverages, she was an average and nice waitress. The food was awful. That is probably an overstatement. Everything was cold and overcooked and poor quality. The only thing from the entire buffet that actually was edible was the green beans. They taste ok cold. Lol. It takes number one for worst moms day brunches around. We will not be back.
- Buckeye, Got to love itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2014Easily the best ambiance anywhere. The food is great, staff is friendly. Nothing not to like. One of my family's favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/27/2014we went there for my future mother in laws Birthday....They like simple foods, she ordered the pot roast and loved it. I ordered the filet...it was chewy that I had to spit it in my napkin....filets should not be chewy. Waitress was frisky and fun...but didn't know how to turn it off got to me a little too much, she was starting to get on my nerves. Not sure I will be back because of the waitress and than the food was just ok
- Easter BrunchmayoDined on 4/20/2014Took my family and in-laws. We're familiar with Lancaster County buffets; this was not on that grand scale. The food was very good with a decent variety given the small space allotted/available. The dessert selection was excellent and everything we had was delicious. The employees were very organized and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, once you get a tablePhilDined on 4/19/2014Made easy reservation on line for busy Saturday night. Still had to wait about 30 min. Once seated, server prompt, very helpful. Food arrived promptly and was delicious: blue cheese chips, salmon, blackened chicken alfredo all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemJuJuDined on 4/13/2014Perfect place to gather with friends for great pub food.Special Features: