15 Shoreline Highway
Mill Valley, CA 94941Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buckeyeroadhouse.com/
- Phone: 4153312600
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11:30/10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday -
Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Robert Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties of 16 or less may order from an a'la carte menu.
- Private Party Contact: Montana Luchsinger 4153312600
A word from Buckeye Roadhouse
Buckeye Roadhouse is a beautiful, cozy, Aspen lodge-like dining room, complete with fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Buckeye Roadhouse - Best Restaurants in Mill Valley ›
Buckeye Roadhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
322 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (173)fit for foodies (153)neighborhood gem (125)great for lunch (112)good for groups (107)vibrant bar scene (95)great for brunch (94)romantic (79)notable wine list (62)hot spot (56)kid-friendly (43)scenic view (22)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (10)Show More
- Dipsea99VIPDined on 9/28/2014The chicken and the duck were prepared perfectly. Both were exceptional dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2Petalumafoodies2PetalumafoodiesDined on 9/28/2014This was our fourth time at the Buckeye. It only gets better. The food is great and the service is tremendous. We will be back.Special Features:
- Food B, Service and Ambiance: C-Juror17Dined on 9/27/2014The Buckeye Roadhouse is a Marin institution and looks great, reminding one of a hunting lodge. In spite of the fact that all but one fryer was out the night we attended, the kitchen managed to do a good job of getting out the food. The service dropped off markedly after our entrees had been served. We waited...and waited for a dessert menu, then waited some more for the order to be taken and another long wait before it arrived. Our server seemed to have lost interest: although she frequently walked past our table she avoided eye contact and, finally, it was the manager who realized we were waiting for our check. Kudos to the kitchen for the excellent tuna on a crunchy Asian slaw. The noise level in this restaurant is stunning; we fled.Special Features:
- hikerhikerDined on 9/25/2014Dinner at the Buckeye is always a lovely experience and Thursday evening was no exception. It is lively and charming. The food is always excellent, service good and a great restaurant to meet friends. The only downside is that it tends to become very noisy but that is because is always full and everyone is enjoying themselves!Special Features:
- Brisket shinesdandykDined on 9/25/2014Good brisket, cold mashed potatoes...great atmosphere..excellent service...run don't walk...go to the Buckeye for a great time. we were in the bar..in a booth for lunch..get there early for a booth.. or make a reservationSpecial Features:
- Great eveningLarkspurGalDined on 9/24/2014Our food, the brick chicken and the duck, we very good. Outstanding service from Ursula. Thanks for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best findGraceDined on 9/22/2014ahi tuna, kale salad, lamb shank is what we had and it was silly the best. Easy to find the best restaurant with awesome food and beautiful wine listSpecial Features:
- Great experience!yummyfoodDined on 9/21/2014Celebrating my Mom's 98th birthday! She really wanted scallops, and I had seen them on the menu. When our party of 4 looked at the menu---no scallops! The server was wonderful and asked the kitchen to make some up for her. She was thrilled, along with another scallop lover in our party! The food is always wonderful, it's my favorite restaurant in Marin and I'm used to Wine Country restaurants. Thanks for a great experience!!Special Features:
- Super slow servicenickevantDined on 9/21/2014The food was ok, but the service was super slow. I'm totally understanding when things are busy, but we never saw our server unless we had asked someone else to get her for us. I was quite surprised that a restaurant that is used to being this busy would have problems in this area.Special Features:
- KIKIVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food is very fresh and waiter was very accommodating to dietary restrictions.Special Features:
- Very niceGrandpaMikeVIPDined on 9/20/2014This place is very popular with a parking jam-up but the valet parking works well. We had a Sat. night reservation and were seated promptly. The waiter was attentive, friendly, and knowledgable. The meal was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DiningPaulaDined on 9/19/2014The food is delicious, the service is superb - attentive but never bothersome, and the setting is lovely. Rooms are constructed with dark wood and stone, and the ascending garden pathway is lined with greenery and blooms, setting the tone. This is just a great place.Special Features:
- DaviddavidVIPDined on 9/17/2014Pulled pork sandwich had just the right amount of spiciness of the sauce with underlying hints of mustard; the mahi-mahi served over brocollini, topped with sautéed porcini mushrooms allowed all flavors to come through. Coconut cream pie was creamy and enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marin GemszsaysVIPDined on 9/17/2014Wonderful food, service, and a great easy beautiful drive across the Golden Gate to Mill ValleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmoshperePlanktonDined on 9/16/2014This is a local favorite place, not actually a true texas type road house but very good food. The place looks amazing from the outside at night, almost like an oasis in the woods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Experience!YumEDined on 9/15/2014The ambiance is perfect --so charming, rustic, warm, inviting and elegant at the same! And the food is absolutely fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyVIPDined on 9/15/2014reliable but not exciting food. Ambiance good but has become a destination for large groups. That detracts from the enjoyment. Can be very noisy.
- Great service, mediocre food, noisySimpleClassyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went here for brunch (family group, including grandparents and young kids). Service is excellent - friendly and efficient staff who don't interrupt conversations and are thoroughly professional. Food is mediocre. I ordered French toast, which was billed on the menu as coming with "fresh fruit". It had literally one tablespoon of small berries on top - disappointing. Decor is quite fun, in a faux-English-gastro-pub-meets-hunting-lodge kind of way. The bar is very cozy and intimate but the restaurant acoustics are TERRIBLE - it is always impossibly loud in here.Special Features:
- Spectacular!!!mickeyde721Dined on 9/11/2014Brought my friend for her birthday -we both had "The Wedge" which was delicious! My friend had as a main course "Saute'ed Calf's Liver" with grilled onions & garlic mashed potato's which she loved!!! I had "Pan Roasted Sole" with Mustard Greens and Curried Chickpeas which was spectacular!!! Then we totally indulged & both of us got our own desserts. My friend had an Ice Cream Sundae & I threw in the towel and had a Chocolate Caramel Tart! -which was Devine!!! The whole experience was exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special restaurant!LainaDined on 9/6/2014Buckeye Roadhouse is beautiful, lively, and provides sophisticated versions of familiar and comforting dishes. Cocktails are particularly wonderful, especially my favorite: cucumber vodka gimlet. LainaSpecial Features:
- Solid as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014For American comfort food it's harder to find a better spot. And the ambiance is upscale rustic. Perfect for a red wine and red meat night.Special Features:
- awesomekateDined on 9/5/2014I went here for Lunch with my girlfriend. We sat in the bar area and everything we ordered was delicious. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always reliableJackVIPDined on 9/4/2014Food and service are always very good and reliable. You can always count on a good experience here.Special Features:
- Great Birthday venueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014Had a great time celebrating a birthday with someone special. However, was not offered bread until we asked, which was after we had finished most of our salad. Also, no refill for coffee. These were the only two negatives on an otherwise lovely evening.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceGreatspotDined on 9/3/2014We were there Sept 3rd to celebrate my husband's birthday. I had called to make a reservation as I had certain requests and wanted to speak with someone rather than doing it on line. They were closed that day so I was forced to do it on line. I requested a booth and to be downstairs and also mentioned it was my husband's birthday. When we got there we were taken to a lovely booth and at the end of the meal, with nothing else said, they brought us a lovely dessert with a candle! I was impressed. Our burrata & nectarines appetizer was so delicious and both our entrees--petrale sole and the pork chops were very special. It was such a great experience that we made another reservation next week when we have friends visiting from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NonicknamepersonVIPDined on 9/1/2014Took 25 min to be seated despite reservation. Granted, we requested furthest booth in bar or booth in dining room (not chair & booth seat). We were repeatedly told will just be 1 - 2 min or we might have changed our seating request. When seated, an inebriated couple came to the bar & sat in front of us. They should not have been served any more drinks but they were served several. The women flirted with male customers & even flirted with the bartender. They were overly physical, even sitting on each others laps. The man put his hand up her skirt, difficult to enjoy dinner. I have been going to Buckeye since 1981; never had such a disappointing dining experience. Worst birthday dining experiences I have ever had.
- Must have been an off nightJoeCDined on 9/1/2014First time at Buckeye. Drove past the location many times in my life. Met some friends for dinner that were at the Sausalito Art Festival. We sat in bar for 45 minutes catching up with some old friends from out of town. The drinks and ambiance were great. The dinner however was hit and miss. I ordered ribs which had not been cooked enough. They were tough and no flavor. I had to put additional sauce on them. The coleslaw and corn were good. The other diners at my table had no comment on their dinners which leads me to believe it was barely average. It must have been an off night because the place was packed.Special Features:
- AmazingBrianDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I had dinner at the Buckeye Roadhouse, and we had an amazing experience. We enjoyed the retro style interior, excellent service, and most importantly, the fantastic food. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Beautiful surroundingskobisimonDined on 8/31/2014I'd passed the Buckeye for years and when a birthday brunch came up for a couple friends, it seemed like the perfect choice. The dining room was surprisingly bright and it felt like I'd been transported to an Alpine lodge. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. A memorable time.Special Features:
- Tasty food but so-so servicedyvoodooDined on 8/30/2014Buckeye was nice to accommodate our request to add one more seat to our original 4 person reservation. The table was awkwardly placed very close to another table and 2 of the 5 seats situated right at table legs, it was a strange and inconvenient arrangement. We ordered beignets for appetizers, they were delicious. Everyone else's drinks were brought but my cocktail was forgotten and I had to remind the server20 minutes later. My daughter's hamburger was ordered medium rare but it came well done, so that is a kitchen mistake, but we had to flag the server down to let her know. I felt with the mistakes made, Buckeye should have given us some accommodation on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past its Prime?FoodluvrDined on 8/29/2014Though the service was very attentive and the setting handsome, the food at the Buckeye Roadhouse did not live up to my expectations at all. The burrata, nectarine, and baby artichoke appetizer was a sad joke, with 3 thin, rock-hard bits of fruit and 2 tiny, cold, hard little artichokes. This is a real meat and potatoes place, with only one entree choice (tasty but uncreative pasta) for the vegetarian in your group--not up to Bay Area standards. My husband enjoyed his chicken dinner. The whole meal, though, felt old-fashioned and a bit tired. My favorite thing was the huge pile of thinly battered onion rings, but even it was hard to eat-- fingers, fork? I won"t be going back to the Buckeye, sadly.
- Buckeye RoadhouseDineMarinDined on 8/28/2014Food was excellent, service fabulous. Provided the table we needed for guests with hearing difficulty. Always love my experience there.Special Features:
- Could have been better foodegretDined on 8/27/2014Great mixed drinks. Good sounding specials and standard menu items. Had special salad of grilled water melon, tomatoes, etc. This was good. Special Sea Bass over saffron rice tasted like old fish they were trying to get out of the fridge and off the books. Others had pork chops they were not interested in finishing. Great location, great bar, food needs work.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD!CamLeeCelebrationDinnerDined on 8/27/2014Great historic facility with charm, great service, and above all GREAT FOOD!Special Features:
- Long history at the BuckeyeunemployedfoodcriticDined on 8/24/2014First the negative but that will be short because the overall experience was quite nice. Free valet is available if there are open spots. It is difficult to get into the parking lot on the opposite side and dangerous to cross the highway to retrieve your vehicle. I expected it to be loud and packed but since we went on a Sunday at 12:30 the noise was not an issue. We were also seated upstairs which was much quieter. The waitress was very friendly, knowlegdeable and accomodating. I was eager to try the scallops but unfortunately they were not available on the brunch menu. She did ask the chef but we had a back up just in case. Our meals were delicious and we would defninitely go back, with the hope we could have the scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An update Marin County favoriteEricsReviewsDined on 8/21/2014We took old friends from southern California out to dinner and requested a good table in order to treat them like VIPs. We weren't disappointed. The restaurant provided us with the best table in the house. Service was excellent and the food fantastic. It was very busy and the noise level was a bit high, although not annoyingly. The ambiance is like a California modern Marin version of a roadhouse...which befits the Buckeye since it began as an authentic roadhouse many decades ago. Our friends thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Even the valet parking attendant was upbeat and friendly. The bill for the four of us came to over $200 with drinks...but we all felt it was worth it.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/18/2014Good food and service every time. We were sat next to a large tar that was loud, but that happensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent, cozy and lovableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Buckeye feels like an old friend, even if you've been there only once. I love a lodge-like atmosphere and this delivers that big time, replete with lots of wood and fireplace and soaring beam ceilings. the staff is truly, really nice all the time...lots of smiles and quick service to accommodate needs and requests -- they're pros. food is great, especially if you're going for meats, bbq and earthy apps like onion rings and the rich but delicious oysters bingo. it's more expensive than your neighborhood tavern would be, but it's the kind of place you would hit twice a week if you could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scoutDined on 8/16/2014This was our second time at the Roadhouse. We have eaten in the bar area before and everything is top notch. Our visit this time was for a retirement party of 7 people. No on raved about their meal but no one left anything on their plate. The servings are relatively small. We don't go out that much but the tab with drinks and tip was a little over $400. The staff works hard and we didn't have to wait long for the meal to be served. Everyone had dessert. So yummmy. I would recommend all of them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Event VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I recently made reservations at the Buckeye after spending some time at Tennessee Valley with family. We came casually dressed on a Saturday afternoon and enjoyed a fabulous late lunch with excellent customer service. There was a 50th anniversary celebration going on upstairs which was fun to see as well. I'd go back for a special occasion- either as a couple or a group.Special Features: