15 Shoreline Highway
Mill Valley, CA 94941Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buckeyeroadhouse.com/
- Phone: (415) 331-2600
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11:30/10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday -
Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Robert Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties of 16 or less may order from an a'la carte menu.
- Private Party Contact: Montana Luchsinger 4153312600
A word from Buckeye Roadhouse
Buckeye Roadhouse is a beautiful, cozy, Aspen lodge-like dining room, complete with fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Buckeye Roadhouse - Best Restaurants in Mill Valley ›
Buckeye Roadhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (183)fit for foodies (161)good for groups (120)neighborhood gem (117)great for lunch (105)vibrant bar scene (95)romantic (79)great for brunch (77)hot spot (66)notable wine list (63)kid-friendly (46)scenic view (17)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Lovely lunch...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/24/2014Had a wonderful lunch with an old friend. The food was delicious. We sat in the bar in a comfy booth. The staff was polite and courteous. We received our food in a timely manner. I would recommend Buckeyes to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall an enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014Even with the reservation, they were running a little behind so we still had to wait to be seated. We agreed to a booth by the bar which was fine for us because the football game was on. The food was amazing. I can see why the oyster bingos are a house favorite and the s'more pie at the end was the perfect way to top off the evening. My date did ask to substitute the side with green beans, but they gave him collard greens instead. However he enjoyed the rest of the food so not much harm there. Overall it was a pleasant experience and a delicious dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady and StrongJoanVIPDined on 11/22/2014We've been going to the Buckeye for several years, off and on. It's one of those places that never seems to waver in it's quality of food and service. Always very satisfying and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love love and loveNelyDined on 11/21/2014This is one of my favorite restaurant so far and the food it is amazing!! The ambiance it's so unique and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mill Valley TreasureKathyDined on 11/17/2014The Buckeye Roadhouse is an absolute treat. The ambience and staff are fantastic! The food is on a whole other level. It is American comfort food with a California twist! I highly recommend the brisket and brick chicken...DELICIOUS! If you're ever in mill valley it is definitely worth it to stop into the buckeye roadhouse. Might be a good idea to make a reservation though ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always we enjoyed a delicious meal at Buckeye.MmsunshineDined on 11/16/2014It was a special occasion and wanted a great meal. As usual we were extremely happy with our server and our meal. Buckeye never fails to come through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD; CAN BE NOISYSunshineVIPDined on 11/16/2014We've been eating at this restaurant pretty much weekly for the last 20 years. I prefer to go for lunch, as it is less noisy then. They seem to be attracting some noisy celebrations, especially at dinner time. The food and service are consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantDakotaDined on 11/16/2014A relative took us to the Buckeye the first time and I've eaten there about ten times since. I've made a point of taking my kids and their families there for special occasions. The ambiance is great, the food is even better, as is the service. Easy to get to (although it is a bit of a drive from South San Jose) with easy valet parking. Crowded on the weekends but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvoidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Very good food. Adequate service. Unacceptably noisy- conversation not possible. Terrible reception personnel; uncaring manager. Ruined evening.
- Great food, cozy atmosphere.MarinDinerDined on 11/15/2014Really excellent food. A warm, cozy, "hunting lodge" type atmosphere. Great service - our waiter was a real pro, charming, smart, attentive and offered knowledgable advice on the menu and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CSHMVRegularDined on 11/13/2014I meet clients here for lunch several times a year, and I am always satisfied. This time we both had the fish sandwich - very good. They were able to sit us at a booth, so we could easily conduct business while we ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably delightful.SandipepDined on 11/10/2014I can count on the Buckeye to provide a most pleasant dining experience. The food is original and terrific (my duck dish was amazing) and the service is always warm and thoughtful.Special Features:
- Always a Great DinnerHBG4DiningVIPDined on 11/10/2014I've eaten here many times and I'm never disappointed. The service is great, as is the food. It's a great place to let the traffic clear on my drive North from San Francisco.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/6/2014Had the Oysters Bingo for the first time...will not be the last....Special Features:
- Great consistent restaurant!goldieDined on 11/5/2014Always a good place to celebrate! Have been going to this restaurant since it opened! Very happy place to go!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2014Buckeye Roadhouse does not disappoint. Visiting from Santa Fe and knowing BR from past experiences, I knew what to expect. The oysters bingo were wonderful as usual. Waitperson was very competent and alert to our needs. My sister's scallops were perfection; however, my lamb shank was a bit dry, still flavorful though. Lemon pudding was delicious as was the double espresso, lots of coffee foam on top and excellent temperature.Special Features:
- 5starsDined on 11/5/2014Excellent service! excellent menu! excellent cuisine!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to parrichDined on 11/4/2014the oysters bingo are awesome, as always pasta with squid-- the squid was quite good, smokey, grilled, but not very much of it. the pasta was a bit spicey, but pretty good the scallops with corn risotto-- the corn risotto was like yummy creamed corn- a hit. 4 scallops were small and not very good. a pretty big disappointment for $25I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining-- but not for twoMarineatsDined on 11/3/2014We've been to Buckeye a few times. This was the second time when it was just the two of us. Unfortunately I forgot that dining for two is not a good experience at the Buckeye. The tables for two are very close together. We couldn't hear ourselves speak because the two people sitting next to us were talking at top volume. They squeeze too many tables into a small space. We had a similar experience, re noise level/close tables last year. The food was good but the entrees came out as soon as the appetizer plates were cleared. We felt rushed. We finished eating 45 minutes after we arrived, so it was not the leisurely dinner we had in mind. It was my husband's birthday, but we didn't even look at the dessert menu, we just wanted to leave.Special Features:
- YummFavdishDined on 11/2/2014Party of 7 - everyone chose something interesting - squid pasta dish was the best I've had ! Great service very welcoming, reservations are sat perfectly on time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good old fashioned diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Always love Buckeye. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. Service is always top notch. I had eggs Benedict and my friend had the ribs. Minor complaint--too much hollandaise sauce and a little too much lemon. I've had this before and it's excellent with just perfect sauce. All in all...an excellent brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/31/2014THe food wasn't as wonderful as in the past and I have been there many times. Perhaps it was what some of us ordered. I was a bit disappointed.
- Buckeye 31-Oct-2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Got an upstairs booth, even though there were only two of us. The restaurant wasn't that busy, due to Halloween, so the noise level was low and allowed for quiet conversation. They had a pretty extensive wine list, especially if you wanted a bottle. We both had the petite filet, which was tasty and cooked well.Special Features:
- A Can't Miss Spot!SteveVIPDined on 10/30/2014This is a place that everyone should have on and check off of their personal bucket list. Located in Mill Valley, CA, in an old but newly restored roadhouse, the restaurant is charming and warm. As good as the ambiance is, the food is even better, I'd say exceptional and not run of the mill. I've had wild boar sausage, venison, mahi mahi, duck, and other items along with the standard steak and seafood selections. Save room for dessert. This time I had the lemon pudding cake, more like a pudding than cake, but a little of both with very intense lemon flavor. My wife had the strawberry shortcake, a unique twist on the standard. Both were great. The service was top notch. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- fantastic foodVickiSDined on 10/29/2014The staff were extremely accommodating in moving our group from the dining room to the bar room so we could watch the Giants win in the World Series game! I never even thought about asking for a bar table when I made my reservation. Thanks so much! This was the first time my mom and sister came here and they loved it. We'll definitely meet here again. Great food, great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Disappointing!FoodieFemVIPDined on 10/29/2014My husband was looking forward to having liver and bacon. But, it was an inferior piece, thick and tough. He is dependent on others to get out and about, so having a good meal in a restaurant means a lot. He had planned to go back two days later for steak, but thought better of it. Disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/28/2014Usually the Buckeye is my favorite restaurant in Marin. This time the service, as usual, was impeccable but the food was mediocre. Maybe fish is not the item for this restaurant. I ordered the sole and it was a minimal amount and boring tasting. My friend ordered the flank steak which was a bit tough. Could be a new chef.Special Features:
- MimosanVIPDined on 10/28/2014Especially like the grilled artichoke. The menu is diverse and the portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidiheartroxieraeDined on 10/27/2014Great food and atmosphere. The Buckeye never disappoints!Special Features:
- Buckeye RoadhouseMhinSFDined on 10/25/2014Our waitress was excellent: attentive, but not intrusive. There weren't a lot of guests, so she allowed us to sit for quite a while, as my friends and I hadn't seen one another for over a year and had a lot of catching up to do. Our server really was great. The food is always good. I had the dungeness crab salad - a bit pricey for the amount of crab, but it was good. I wasn't fond of the louis sauce and simply stuck with the light vinaigrette. My friends seemed to enjoy the ribs and brisket, and the oysters bingo were terrific. Desserts were good. I hadn't been there in 15 years, but I won't let that much time pass again before I go back. I do like this place.Special Features:
- Great Brunchabc123Dined on 10/25/2014Food was fantastic, our server was so hospitable and quick, and they were able to accommodate our 18-month old with a high chair and crayons.Special Features:
- Always SpecialSailmomDined on 10/24/2014For years and years, the Buckeye has been the go-to place for consistently delicious food and great experience. It's our family's "private" place - where we gather to be with each other, knowing our evening will be in good hands. This time was no exception - just deliciously perfect.Special Features:
- Last meal was a shear miss!KukanaVIPDined on 10/24/2014We ordered the fresh oyster(delis and very fresh!), a Caesar salad which we split. We also shared the scallops but there was so much chili powder on them we couldn't eat them. The waiter said the chef continues to prepare them differently each day so he didn't know which way he prepared them that night. We returned the entrée to the waiter and he apologized. He offered a replacement entrée or a dessert of our choice on the house. We love this place and we'll return but very disappointed with the scallops. This is very unusual that this dish was poorly prepared! I have been avid customer for the last 20 years and the food is always spot on. You must try it and hope your food is outstanding, like it normally is.Special Features:
- PerfectBlissWonderDined on 10/21/2014Salmon was excellent, service and wine too!!! Will go back again and again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyDined on 10/20/2014We've dined at The Buckeye for decades and it has never disappointed!!!Special Features:
- meh.GallagherVIPDined on 10/17/2014Tired. Has not kept up with the competition. Is the food worth the cost? I dunn know.
- OLove the Buckeye RoadhouseMfkolkoDined on 10/17/2014Great menu choices as well as the old standbys Impeccable service and quiet Country/suburban eleganceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchBerkeleyFoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014I have usually been to Buckeye for dinner but it was a great place for lunch. Great for people watching as lots of young Marin women with older men were there! :) The waiter was very solicitous, perhaps a tad too much -- my guest and I thought that perhaps he was new as he was trying very hard! We overlooked the wood ovens and trees to the west, so it was really lovely. The special of the day, fish served with braised gigante beans, was so good, I called back the next day and asked them for the recipe (and got it!). Really a lovely place.Special Features:
- Consistent, hearty foodfussydinerDined on 10/16/2014The Buckeye has been our favorite. Food is consistently great, especially Oysters Bingo. A table in the bar area is our choice to enjoy our meal & watch sports. Good also to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise Level UnbearableSunshineVIPDined on 10/15/2014We dine at the Buckeye nearly every week for lunch on Saturday or Sunday. Obviously, we like the place. We had a friend visiting from Europe recently and decided to take him to the Buckeye for our special dinner on his last night in the USA. The food was great, the service was very good; the noise level was unbearable. This was solely due to raucous groups at nearby tables. The kitchen is tucked away in a corner, behind a door, so it is not the fault of the kitchen or the restaurant design. I don't know what the restaurant can do about this. One can hope that this night was uncharacteristic in the noise level, but I don't know if that's the case. Is the Buckeye now drawing a less refined crowd at dinner?Special Features: