15 Shoreline Highway
Mill Valley, CA 94941Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buckeyeroadhouse.com/
- Phone: 4153312600
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11:30/10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday -
Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Robert Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties of 16 or less may order from an a'la carte menu.
- Private Party Contact: Montana Luchsinger 4153312600
A word from Buckeye Roadhouse
Buckeye Roadhouse is a beautiful, cozy, Aspen lodge-like dining room, complete with fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Buckeye Roadhouse - Best Restaurants in Mill Valley ›
Buckeye Roadhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (179)fit for foodies (153)neighborhood gem (128)great for lunch (112)good for groups (110)vibrant bar scene (99)great for brunch (91)romantic (85)notable wine list (61)hot spot (55)kid-friendly (41)scenic view (21)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (10)Show More
- meh.GallagherVIPDined on 10/17/2014Tired. Has not kept up with the competition. Is the food worth the cost? I dunn know.
- OLove the Buckeye RoadhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great menu choices as well as the old standbys Impeccable service and quiet Country/suburban eleganceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchBerkeleyFoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014I have usually been to Buckeye for dinner but it was a great place for lunch. Great for people watching as lots of young Marin women with older men were there! :) The waiter was very solicitous, perhaps a tad too much -- my guest and I thought that perhaps he was new as he was trying very hard! We overlooked the wood ovens and trees to the west, so it was really lovely. The special of the day, fish served with braised gigante beans, was so good, I called back the next day and asked them for the recipe (and got it!). Really a lovely place.Special Features:
- Consistent, hearty foodfussydinerDined on 10/16/2014The Buckeye has been our favorite. Food is consistently great, especially Oysters Bingo. A table in the bar area is our choice to enjoy our meal & watch sports. Good also to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise Level UnbearableSunshineVIPDined on 10/15/2014We dine at the Buckeye nearly every week for lunch on Saturday or Sunday. Obviously, we like the place. We had a friend visiting from Europe recently and decided to take him to the Buckeye for our special dinner on his last night in the USA. The food was great, the service was very good; the noise level was unbearable. This was solely due to raucous groups at nearby tables. The kitchen is tucked away in a corner, behind a door, so it is not the fault of the kitchen or the restaurant design. I don't know what the restaurant can do about this. One can hope that this night was uncharacteristic in the noise level, but I don't know if that's the case. Is the Buckeye now drawing a less refined crowd at dinner?Special Features:
- Consistently gooddinegalDined on 10/15/2014Delicious food well prepared, nicely sauced. We had the duck breast w figs, scallops laid on a fresh corn infused polenta and a delicious salad. Good but pricey wine list. Service was attentive. All great. The noise level is a show stopper, which affected my rating. The upstairs is quieter, especially the side tables , unless they sit a group of loud laughing men next to you! If being able to carry a conversation with your table important, go very early or super late, or try a mid afternoon lunch.Special Features:
- My Favorite Place to Dine!KukanaVIPDined on 10/15/2014You can never can go wrong by going to the Buckeye for lunch, brunch or dinner. My suggestion is always make reservations. This wonderful restaurant gets filled by customers quickly especially for dinner. Great place for any of the above meals and for special occasions. The food is always delicious and the wait staff are attentive and courteous. I love the ambience. the hostesses also make you feel welcomed. Sometimes you can wait in the bar for a table without reservations but you will have a long wait~ and hour and 1/2 or so. I have been going here since the 90's and it was my father's favorite restaurant. Check out the photograph of this original restaurant as you walk into the main entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great timeMangiaDined on 10/12/2014Can always depend on the Buckeye for great results!! They were very accomodating and willing to change our table to a window seat. Service was excellent And the food was soo tastey!!!! We live in Sonoma Cointy and Buckeye is a great halfway point for meeting friends from the south bay. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Exceptional Brunch and Serviceborn2dineDined on 10/12/2014I want to thank the Buckeye Roadhouse for taking the time to make a gluten-free, dairy-free entrée for one of our guests. Our server was very attentive, came back several times with information from the chef. This was the first time we have enjoyed Sunday brunch, and believe me, it won't be our last! The Buckeye, as always, provides an exceptional dinning experience.Special Features:
- Stellar Marin CuisineMarindocVIPDined on 10/11/2014What more can you ask for? Free valet parking, prompt seating, top notch cocktails, service, view and cuisine are all packaged up in this southern Marin gem. Be sure to try anything on BBQ menu, shareable salads as gem leaf lettuce with apple, Pt. Reyes blue cheese dressing, or my favorite- chili lime brick chicken including cheese stuffed chile. Coffee is great and by all means try the cocoanut creme pie which sits on a bed of chocolate sauce. For lunch you can't go wrong with their burger, either beef or salmon varieties. Be sure to order their fries or onion rings! Top notch and slightly pricey, but worth every penny even as a destination from SF!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice eveningcharDined on 10/10/2014Had a group of 7, had dinner upstairs, all in all a nice evening. Had heard a lot about the Buckeye Roadhouse and wanted to try it. It wasn't oh my gosh amazing, it met my expectations but it's not like I'll make it a regular spot on my trips into San Rafael. The deserts were amazing though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014We found this restaurant by accident and are delighted that we were able to experience dining here. Reservations are a very good idea. The restaurant is two stories with no elevator so be sure to ask for first floor seating if you can't walk some stairs. The food was excellent and they were able to accommodate my allergy-sensitivities. The waiter helped me select a menu item that would be best for me and then suggested some variations as well. The recommendations were wonderful, food was served hot, and without too much of a wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!SandstressDined on 10/5/2014I live near The Buckeye, but I've never been. On a whim I said, "Let's go!" and I'm so glad I did! I had the Lamb Shank, which was perfect; it came with polenta, which was tasty, but not very warm. Others in my party had the Smoked Brisket and said it was excellent, and the Brick Chicken, which was very good. The Desserts were delicious: my boyfriend & I had Coconut Cream Pie & S'mores Pie and split them -- side by side -- the combination was amazing. I had a glass of Milk w/ my dessert(s); it wasn't very cold. The food temperature issues are the main reason why I didn't give 5 Stars. The other reason is that I wrote on the OpenTable form that the occasion was to celebrate my 50th Birthday, but no one at the restaurant seemed to know it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Croissant doughnutluv2dineDined on 10/5/2014Their special desert that night was the croissant doughnut, served with marscapone on the side. Had heard of the "cronut" craze, but had never before tried one. It was so amazing I had to write about it. It was also so amazing that I am not going to research where else they are sold in the San Francisco Bay Area, for fear they are accessible and nearly as good as the ones at the Buckeye Roadhouse. So delicious it was almost instantly addictive. That said, Buckeye, you have my personal blessing to add that to your regular desert menu.Special Features:
- The best serviceducatisbDined on 10/5/2014the best service makes a special occasion even better. This is a wonderful place for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very busysantafeDined on 10/3/2014Very noisy, especially upstairs. Conversation was impossible. Food was fine, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Reliable Roadhouse Rocks!NativegalVIPDined on 10/3/2014The Buckeye is one of my favorites; I have even had Thanksgiving dinner there, so when SF friend say "meat" for his birthday dinner, we headed over the Bridge to the Buckeye. His rib eye was terrific and my scallops with whole kernel "polenta" were very tasty, if four not over large scallops was a bit skimpy. Attentive service, fab dessert. I will be back again and again. A favorite for Mother's Day, too.Special Features:
- Oyster Bingo Needs ImprovementDisappointedVIPDined on 10/3/2014One of their best dishes use to be the Oyster Bingo. This is the third time we have had is and each time the oysters were not fresh. They were mushy and undercooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dipsea99VIPDined on 9/28/2014The chicken and the duck were prepared perfectly. Both were exceptional dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TennisLuverTennisLuverDined on 9/28/2014I can't speak to all of the recommendation selections, however I will say that the food was great and the service was excellent, second time we have visited for dinner and I find all to be consistent with both visits.Special Features:
- 2Petalumafoodies2PetalumafoodiesDined on 9/28/2014This was our fourth time at the Buckeye. It only gets better. The food is great and the service is tremendous. We will be back.Special Features:
- Food B, Service and Ambiance: C-Juror17Dined on 9/27/2014The Buckeye Roadhouse is a Marin institution and looks great, reminding one of a hunting lodge. In spite of the fact that all but one fryer was out the night we attended, the kitchen managed to do a good job of getting out the food. The service dropped off markedly after our entrees had been served. We waited...and waited for a dessert menu, then waited some more for the order to be taken and another long wait before it arrived. Our server seemed to have lost interest: although she frequently walked past our table she avoided eye contact and, finally, it was the manager who realized we were waiting for our check. Kudos to the kitchen for the excellent tuna on a crunchy Asian slaw. The noise level in this restaurant is stunning; we fled.Special Features:
- hikerhikerDined on 9/25/2014Dinner at the Buckeye is always a lovely experience and Thursday evening was no exception. It is lively and charming. The food is always excellent, service good and a great restaurant to meet friends. The only downside is that it tends to become very noisy but that is because is always full and everyone is enjoying themselves!Special Features:
- Brisket shinesdandykDined on 9/25/2014Good brisket, cold mashed potatoes...great atmosphere..excellent service...run don't walk...go to the Buckeye for a great time. we were in the bar..in a booth for lunch..get there early for a booth.. or make a reservationSpecial Features:
- Ok - could be better...4foodVIPDined on 9/24/2014My main complaint was that my scallops were very, very thin, like they were cut in half in order to save on expenses. It came with a huge pile of polenta and 4 skinny scallops for $25 (overpriced for what we received). We commented to the waitress and she brought two more scallops that were inedible (horribly cooked, rushed through the kitchen). I also didn't appreciate watching and hearing my tires squeal from the complimentary valet. He drove my large SUV like it was a sports car. Most of the food wasn't exciting but was ok. Service was fine and we didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningLarkspurGalDined on 9/24/2014Our food, the brick chicken and the duck, we very good. Outstanding service from Ursula. Thanks for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best findGraceVIPDined on 9/22/2014ahi tuna, kale salad, lamb shank is what we had and it was silly the best. Easy to find the best restaurant with awesome food and beautiful wine listSpecial Features:
- Great experience!yummyfoodDined on 9/21/2014Celebrating my Mom's 98th birthday! She really wanted scallops, and I had seen them on the menu. When our party of 4 looked at the menu---no scallops! The server was wonderful and asked the kitchen to make some up for her. She was thrilled, along with another scallop lover in our party! The food is always wonderful, it's my favorite restaurant in Marin and I'm used to Wine Country restaurants. Thanks for a great experience!!Special Features:
- Super slow servicenickevantDined on 9/21/2014The food was ok, but the service was super slow. I'm totally understanding when things are busy, but we never saw our server unless we had asked someone else to get her for us. I was quite surprised that a restaurant that is used to being this busy would have problems in this area.Special Features:
- KIKIVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food is very fresh and waiter was very accommodating to dietary restrictions.Special Features:
- Very niceGrandpaMikeVIPDined on 9/20/2014This place is very popular with a parking jam-up but the valet parking works well. We had a Sat. night reservation and were seated promptly. The waiter was attentive, friendly, and knowledgable. The meal was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DiningPaulaDined on 9/19/2014The food is delicious, the service is superb - attentive but never bothersome, and the setting is lovely. Rooms are constructed with dark wood and stone, and the ascending garden pathway is lined with greenery and blooms, setting the tone. This is just a great place.Special Features:
- DaviddavidVIPDined on 9/17/2014Pulled pork sandwich had just the right amount of spiciness of the sauce with underlying hints of mustard; the mahi-mahi served over brocollini, topped with sautéed porcini mushrooms allowed all flavors to come through. Coconut cream pie was creamy and enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marin GemszsaysVIPDined on 9/17/2014Wonderful food, service, and a great easy beautiful drive across the Golden Gate to Mill ValleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmoshperePlanktonDined on 9/16/2014This is a local favorite place, not actually a true texas type road house but very good food. The place looks amazing from the outside at night, almost like an oasis in the woods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Experience!YumEDined on 9/15/2014The ambiance is perfect --so charming, rustic, warm, inviting and elegant at the same! And the food is absolutely fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyVIPDined on 9/15/2014reliable but not exciting food. Ambiance good but has become a destination for large groups. That detracts from the enjoyment. Can be very noisy.
- Great service, mediocre food, noisySimpleClassyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went here for brunch (family group, including grandparents and young kids). Service is excellent - friendly and efficient staff who don't interrupt conversations and are thoroughly professional. Food is mediocre. I ordered French toast, which was billed on the menu as coming with "fresh fruit". It had literally one tablespoon of small berries on top - disappointing. Decor is quite fun, in a faux-English-gastro-pub-meets-hunting-lodge kind of way. The bar is very cozy and intimate but the restaurant acoustics are TERRIBLE - it is always impossibly loud in here.Special Features:
- Spectacular!!!mickeyde721Dined on 9/11/2014Brought my friend for her birthday -we both had "The Wedge" which was delicious! My friend had as a main course "Saute'ed Calf's Liver" with grilled onions & garlic mashed potato's which she loved!!! I had "Pan Roasted Sole" with Mustard Greens and Curried Chickpeas which was spectacular!!! Then we totally indulged & both of us got our own desserts. My friend had an Ice Cream Sundae & I threw in the towel and had a Chocolate Caramel Tart! -which was Devine!!! The whole experience was exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special restaurant!LainaDined on 9/6/2014Buckeye Roadhouse is beautiful, lively, and provides sophisticated versions of familiar and comforting dishes. Cocktails are particularly wonderful, especially my favorite: cucumber vodka gimlet. LainaSpecial Features: