Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill
900 Goodale Boulevard
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckeyegrill.com/
- Phone: 6142996639x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Mark Johnston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Host your next event at Columbus' new favorite place for food and fun...Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill. We have unique spaces that will make your next event a standout.
The Film Room features bar-top, stadium-style seating and plush leather chairs and seats 28. This exclusive room includes a 12-foot-wide big screen for watching must-see sporting events or showcasing your own video or slide presentation. For a smaller event, consider the Recruiting Room which comfortably seats 12. In this private setting, you'll have access to a 60" big screen TV and be surrounded by one-of-kind OSU athletic artifacts like game-worn autographed jerseys and a tribute to Ohio State conference and
national championship teams.
In addition to these feature spaces, we can create a customized event just for you. From our east dining room to our gathering room, our restaurant is divided into spaces that are flexible and can easily accommodate various size groups.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Liff 614-299-6639x
A word from Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill
The Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill is a sports bar and restaurant licensed by The Ohio State University, for serious fans of food and sports! Join us for lunch, dinner, or happy hour with great food, beers and cocktails galore. Enjoy your favorite game on one of our 40 big-screen high-def TV’s. We feature loads of OSU memorabilia and a huge patio with a Block O fire pit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (15)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Excellent servicepartnersncrimeDined on 9/26/2014Our waitress Preet was very friendly and she did a great job serving drinks and dinner for our table of 4!Special Features:
- Go Bucks!MWBuckeyeDined on 9/8/2014Food was delicious, service was excellent. I will go back!Special Features:
- Hall of Fame Excellence!konavy78Dined on 9/6/2014We traveled from Long Island to see our daughter and take in the Home Opener. As such we were a group of seven on this trip and was looking for the right spot to begin our pre game party. The Buckeye Hall of Fame turned out to be just the right spot. The Service and food were both excellent and everyone left happy!Special Features:
- chopyummyDined on 8/28/2014food was good --- waiter not very knowledgable or helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servers mulling aroundradiantDined on 8/22/2014We had reservations for 8:30pm. On arrival the place was not busy. We were seated by a sullen host. 5 minutes went by and no one came to take our drink orders. Another 5 minutes, still no one. Groups of college age staffers mulled around, talking amongst themselves. 5 more minutes to get someone's attention &we had to ask if we could order drinks. The server asked us to wait and she would find out who had our table. She went back around the bar to talk to the staff hanging out back there. They chatted for a few more minutes and then one of them left the group to go to another group to chat with them, still no one coming to our table. Finally someone came to help us and she was great from then on, but the wait was ridiculous.
- DinnerAutumnDined on 7/16/2014Service was good, food was pretty good, only thing i would have liked is different seating. Would have been nice to be asked where i preferred to sit indoors or outdoors and what table style. Kinda felt my party and I were tucked into a corner but other than that I still had a good time with my friends.Special Features:
- jeffrsDined on 7/7/2014The angel hair pasta was great, as was the New York strip. Our waiter was a dud, but the others seemed to know this and were very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServicePaulVIPDined on 7/3/2014While it did not seem to be an extremely busy night, the service was slow. My family was in town and I wanted to make a good impression. It turned out to be average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 92 reviews are from the Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill reviews archive.
- One of Columbus BestAmigoDined on 6/13/2014The food was very good and the service was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!Knicks02Dined on 6/11/2014First time eating here and overall the old was good. The pretzel bites were not what I expected. It seemed like they were from the Super Pretzel bites. If I would of known this I wouldn't had paid 9 dollars for these. The burgers were delicious. I didn't like how long it took to get the food. It almost they seemed that they wanted you in there for a while. Arrived at 1:15 and left at 2:30 for a lunch of two people. Overall would come back for burgers only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ServerpartnersncrimeDined on 5/30/2014Our server Alex was great. We had an enjoyable evening sitting by the open doors to the patio. Alex was very good humored and the food was great. We had stopped eating at the old hall of fame because the food was only mediocre, glad we tried the new location because the food is good and the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Buckeye fansbuckeyefanforeverDined on 5/23/2014Looks of Ohio State memorabilia, good location, close to campus, not far from downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no frills lunchRoleModel83VIPDined on 5/22/2014great atmosphere and easy to access. diverse menu. sports bar feel.Special Features:
- Great and funSusanVIPDined on 5/18/2014We were on our way to the airport to fly back to Dallas and I looked up on open table this restaurant . It was great! The food and atmosphere was perfect. My son is going to college in the fall and really likes it. It was a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large PartyBuckeyeDined on 5/10/2014We had a party of 18. Our table was ready early. Great atmosphere. Great service. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday get togetherweekenddinerDined on 5/10/2014Sat. I made reservations for 10 friends for a birthday get together. I was the only one who had been there before. Everyone loved it Food was great. Atmosphere was great. Labatt had a stand giving away beer and trinkets. that was very fun. But the server was not great. not friendly did not once as about refills or top off water. If you needed anything you had to acturally flag her down. her name was Sam S. (I noted because I was considering an email to the restaurant). That anoyed everyone. Otherwise it was a great experience I was just glad everyone was very happy with the food and the restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The service was lacking an extremely slow. Our serving appeared to have too many tables and an extremely poor attitude. She came accross that she just did not want to be there. I felt sorry for her. It was way too loud. Very difficult to hear everyone in our party of six. Nothing special about the food. Just ok.
- Being a BuckeyePurpleCarolDined on 4/30/2014You cannot beat this place if you like sports...a large bar area as well as a large dining area provide the best of both worlds! Varied menu and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch ladiesniniDined on 4/22/2014Good food, but service was initially slow. We waited almost 15 min before server inquired about our drinks. Would've been nice to receive a free appetizer or something. But that won't keep me from visiting in the future.Special Features:
- Go for the Buckeye memoribiliaNorthShoreCoupleDined on 4/11/2014Great decor, very friendly and attentive service, attractive prices, but very disappointing food. The fish & chips was pretty good, but the clam chowder was sub-par -- kind of watery, not the traditional creamy New England style. And the strip steak was tough and served lukewarm. We'll be back for beer & munchies in a this Buckeye-centric setting, but not for dinner. Disappointed in food quality.
- Just so socheersportDined on 3/29/2014We were coming into town for a Cheer competition and looking forward to a different experience in fun dining. The decor was ok, the server was very nice and courteous but the food lacked. The kids were disappointed in under cooked hamburgers on oversized buns. Overall just seemed a little dull.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The two appetizers were orderedLIHTCManDined on 3/28/2014The two appetizers were ordered were fantastic! The pretzel bites and the wings were served promptly and were absolutely delicious. For my entree, I tried the fish tacos. My preference would be to make the tacos a little spicer but the tacos were filing as the size of the portion was perfect. The tacos were served with a side of black beans in a savory sauce - very tasty. The other members of our party had either the Ceasar Salad with salmon or the chicken fingers platter. Both entrees scored very high with our party. Everyone from the hostess to our waitress exceeded our expectations and provided top-tier service. Overall, I rated this restaurant a 4 out of 5, and will definitely return here frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable Kids Eat Free PolicyEB77Dined on 3/23/2014We were there on a Sunday where kids eat free with an adult entree purchased. Every restaurant I have been to with this special has counted burgers, sandwiches, entree sized salad, along with fish/meat entrees as a qualifying adult meal. Very disappointed that this restaurant only counted the meals listed under the main entree section as qualifying. Some of the sandwiches, burgers and salads costed the same or more than some of those entrees. Doesnt make sense. I cannot imagine I am the only one who has been surprised by this odd policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceLetseat2Dined on 3/3/2014Service was very good and there were a lot of happy hour food and beverage selections.Special Features:
- Consistent qualityEleGDined on 2/28/2014We met friends for dinner and were promptly greeted when seated. The server was attentive and the food was very good. All of my dining experiences at the Buckeye HOF Grill have been fun and delightful. Highly recommended as a must-see in Columbus for out-of-town visitors and locals that haven't had the pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBuckeyeforlifeDined on 2/22/2014My husband and I invited friends to go here to eat dinner and watch a Buckeye basketball game. The bartender just couldn't seem to get the drinks made correctly. My friend sent back her drinks twice and the bartender just couldn't get it right. My husband was drinking a bottled beer- Yuengling Light, and ordered a third beer and was told they were out of it. This was a Saturday night...really? The food was good, but there must have been a shortage of lettuce...I got about three pieces of shredded lettuce. I ordered sauteed mushrooms on mine, and there may have been one mushroom cut up. Very poor. I felt bad for the waiter or I would have sent it back. Have been here before and loved it. But very disappointed this night.
- Bad StarthockeyfamilyDined on 2/15/2014When our party arrived we were seated by the bar at a high table. 2 older people were with us and really couldn" sit at that table. We were told sorry by the hostess and that was that. One of the wait people helped us out and got us a booth. Our waiter was very nice and the food was really good. Needs a little more people friendly up front where you do feel welcome and not a bother to the staff.Special Features:
- Great place for a birthday surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I brought my girlfriend her for her birthday dinner and we were both amazed at the whole experience that we had. I found you on the internet and we will definately will be coming back. Our waitress was super friendly and took a picture of my girlfriend with the Brutus bobblehead. She bought her a Buckeye pie for dessert. We look forward to coming when the weather gets warmer to be able to enjoy the outside dining. We both have liked your fb page and have put many pictures on our fb page of all the cool memoriabila in your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not greatunc7237Dined on 2/14/2014Appetizers are over priced. Meals were good. Dessert over priced & the Buckeye Pie did not live up to the hype.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedLocalODined on 2/14/2014Menu was typical but food was good. Service was top notch. Good beer selection. Free parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OSU fan's kind of placeDrewDined on 2/11/2014Great place to grab some food prior to an OSU sporting event.Special Features:
- Birthday partGood4uDined on 2/9/2014Had a dinner for my daughter, her husband, my husband and 2 children 6 & 2. The kids had a great time. Our waitress was outstanding. My daughter and her husband are both deaf and she did a great job with them. The kids enjoyed their dinners and it was casual enough that they didn't feel constrained. fun night.Special Features:
- Just okWmlm20Dined on 2/8/2014The atmosphere was great. The OSU memorabilia was very interesting to look at and to see the heisman is neat if you've never seen one before. The place was very clean. These are the "pluses" next are the cons. I was surprise that they didn't have any "classic" buckeye games playing on at least on TV. That seems simple enough to do. The waitress was nice, but the service was very slow. We never got napkins and had to use cocktail napkins to clean up with. The food was just ok an I was disappointed in the portion size of the fries I received. I'm glad to say I have been here, as I had been asking my husband to go for quite a while, but I was disappointed and it's not a place I will return to.Special Features:
- First timerDprestonDined on 1/29/2014Great place. I will be back with boyfriend for date night. Food was great and prices were reasonable. Not to far from home. server was very friendly. Go Bucks !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014The service was excellent and friendly. Everything was hot wwhen it arrived at the table. We definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceliz43230Dined on 12/31/2013The building and complex is very new. Parking convenient and available. We were seated right away. The waiter did a pretty good job of keeping my Diet Coke filled and bringing our order timely. Our food was good and as ordered. My salad was very good - good amount of chicken, blue cheese, bacon, avocados and so on. My husband got a club and it seemed to have a generous of amount of bacon and meat, as well as fries on the side. Prices were quite fair. The only suggestion is to make the salad a little bit bigger. Atmosphere was nice with lots of TVs and bright lighting. Neat OSU paraphernaliaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckeye fan go-to!Buckeye1969Dined on 12/4/2013If you are a Buckeye fan - great place before the game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bday lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013First time visitors and true buckeye fans! We will be back and the bartender/ waitress was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckeye GrillbdvtDined on 10/25/2013Server had a poor attitude which was a shame as we have been there many times before and had great service. If you don' t like to serve customers please find another job. Ordered a bowl of soup had to ask twice for it she claimed she forgot about it? Asked about a speciality drink that is on the website and she point blank stated we don't have that any more what else do you want....... I was ready to walk out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The same ol' same ol'HaterOfReviewsDined on 10/25/2013The menu reminded me of a mix between the old hall of fame cafe and Eddie George's grill. Not necessarily bad but nothing spectacular. The service was decent mainly due to how apologetic our server was. There were 5 ten tops that all arrived at the same time as our party of 5 (no pun intened). Prices are decent and the beer list is adequate. That's all I have to say about the hall of fame grill. I'll give it another chance eventually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.