Buckalew's - LBI
101 North Bay Ave.
Beach Haven, NJ 08008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Buckalew's - LBI
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckalews.com/
- Phone: 6094921065
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Allan Menegus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Please visit our website! www.buckalews.com/Entertainment.html
A word from Buckalew's - LBI
Buckalew’s General Manager, Executive Chef and Owner, Allan Menegus, a South Jersey native, culinary school graduate, and ardent fisherman, brought his energy and culinary creativity to the kitchen, and subsequently to the entire enterprise; and with a penchant for using sustainable ingredients and an insistence on consistency of quality, he supplemented the fresh seafood and great tomato pies, with more varied seafood, great steaks and chops, and traditional comfort food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buckalew's - LBI reviews from OpenTable diners
- Everyone enjoyed their meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2013Everyone enjoyed their meal. Our server Adam was fantasic!!!Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD FIND!DrewDined on 6/23/2013Our friends own a beach house in Surf City and we are invited to their house many times for a getaway. They had been to Buckalew's for dinner several times with a group and did nothing but rave about it. So, since we were staying at their house, we decided to try out Buckalew's. WOW! The whole meal was a treat from the oysters to the lobster and starting with the best Cosmo I think I've ever had. We had a great waiter which just made it so much better. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Server Not so GoodFamily4Dined on 6/16/2013Buckalew's is THE place we go every time we visit LBI. This was our first trip in a while though and have to admit it wasn't quite as good as we remembered. Aspects of the food were still amazing! Server was a complete dud who couldn't be bothered to find out the day's specials even though we asked 3 times. I bad server having a bad day should not turn others away though. The food is really tasty and I'm sure we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/26/2013Our server was very friendly and seemed competent to start, but service was uneven. Some people at our table got sushi meals and their food was not delivered until after the others were already done with their meals. The waitress said that since the food comes from 2 kitchens it is hard to coordinate. The manager asked us how things were going and we told her. Then it took forever to get our drinks. It is too bad, because we went in the off season and the food was better than it had been in the past, but this experience really was a turn off.Special Features:
- wide variety of food choicessillybrideDined on 5/25/2013wide variety of food choices although it wasn't known to us when we ordered that there was a bar menu as well as the dinner menu that we could choose from. the food was very good, the portions large.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Buckelew's has been around for 100 years or so. With that in mind...they should know better that when you run out of "specials", someone should tell the servers! Immediately, not a while later! They were basically out of EVERY special! And, when one has to change their order, instead ordering Hot Wings...they should actually be HOT (not just the sauce...the temperature!) They were actually cold as if they took them out of the fridge! Sent them back. Another plate arrives with tepid wings and noticeably more hot (temperature) sauce on them. I checked that I would recommend Buckelew's as long as one sticks to ordering (very good) burgers and a beer.Special Features:
- Decent shore dining. NiceDisappointedDined on 9/15/2012Decent shore dining. Nice dining room. We went after the end of the season so service was slow due to under-staffing, which is expected. Restaurant was very busy. We waited a long time for our food to come and some orders were cold. Waitress was very nice and apologetic. Overall we had a good time.Special Features:
- We had a table of 8 and everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012We had a table of 8 and everyone was pleased with there entree. Prices were reasonable and with reservations I made online we were seated right away.Overall experience was very good ,no complaints at all. Staff friendly.We will go back again.Special Features:
- The food was mediocre overall-BestSushiOmakaseInNYVIPDined on 9/2/2012The food was mediocre overall- especiallly theitems off of the sushi menu, which were particularly bad. Our server (Siobhan) was neither pleasant, nor attentive- as we were constantly kept waiting for everything. (menus, bread, water, drinks, condiments, etc.) However the atmosphere in the dining rooms and bar areas was pleasant and lively.Special Features:
- We went to Buckalew's specificallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012We went to Buckalew's specifically for sushi-very good. They have a good menuthat will satisfy most tastes. Menu is not limited to sushi. Restaurant is suitable for families. Live music for adults in bar area later in evening.
- We always can count on BuckaloosNew2ReviewVIPDined on 8/31/2012We always can count on Buckaloos for good food and a good scene. Very casual and kid friendly, without compromising the food. The sushi's great. We consistently enjoy Buckaloos. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Sushi is excellent- FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012Sushi is excellent- Family got 10 different rolls and all were perfect
- Buckalew's was a great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012Buckalew's was a great spot for a birthday dinner. It has the feel of a more casual neighborhood place but the dinner menu offered special dishes. In fact, the evening we dined there was Caribbean night. We very much enjoyed the meal we had there, will go back and will recommend Buckalew's.Special Features:
- GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012Most of our food was decent. Highly toated Guinness Fish n chips on a Friday night were like a whizzled french fries. Burgers should be seriously considered as a max for success. Our waiter would disappear for long stretches. Served dinners with fries, but back 10 minutes later with ketchup... Turns out the entire staff was getting ready to sing for somebody's birthday. Hope that person reimbursed covered my reduced tip. It all worked out in the end, though. The Beach Haven police wrote me a ticket for parking about a foot closer then "25 feet from a quite intersection" on a totally empty street. $54.00 add on to the price of the poor dinner. The internet reservation system work great & the highlight of the evening!
- Very slow service. AppetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012Very slow service. Appetizers did not come out together and balsamic dressing was too thick. Entrees were pretty good, but way too expensive for the quality. Also got over-charged for salads. Definitely will not be returning.
- DisappointingNumber1grammyDined on 8/21/2012The food was ok. The noise level was off the charts. Very distracting. The service was poor. Sorry Buckelews...we will not return.
- Always enjoy an evening atKennyVIPDined on 8/17/2012Always enjoy an evening at Buckalew's - good food and nice people. Pizza is very good!Special Features:
- Great night out on LBI. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Great night out on LBI. Good food, Great Band (Rubber Soul)..Hope they have them again.Special Features:
- This was a pleasant surprise.SheilaDined on 7/28/2012This was a pleasant surprise. Menu had several choices including even the Bar Menu. The Sushi was excellent and made fresh to order. Definately would go back.Special Features:
- The food was overpriced andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2012The food was overpriced and undervalue. The steamers were a dollar a piece - yikes - and small to boot. $13 for about 13 steamers. I ordered a regular salad and they brought me a small one, they should notice those things on their own. The entrees were flavorless. Too much money for too little value.
- Food is mediocre at best..waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012Food is mediocre at best..waitress was awful and u friendly. Prices very high for quality of food..everyones steaks were overcooked.would not go back...
- Nice place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/4/2012Waitress was great!!! Very friendly and accommodating. Food was good and didn't wait long.Special Features:
- The restaurant has 2 kitchens,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2012The restaurant has 2 kitchens, one of which is the sushi bar. This meant that the food came out not all at the same time. There were way too many things on the menu so the quality of the food was just ok. I appreciated there being a vegan/vegetarian section on the menu, however.Special Features:
- Food was good but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012Food was good but service was horrible for the amount of money we spent . And I didn't like the fact that tip was included in the bill . It almost seemed like we paid $45 tip for extremely bad service . If you want to include tip in the bill ,make sure you provide decent service .Special Features:
- noise level waaaaaayyyyy tooooooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012noise level waaaaaayyyyy toooooo loud......service was non-existent